BYU/Army game postponed

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

BYU/Army game postponed

Post by GameFAQSAggie » September 12th, 2020, 7:25 pm

cause of a few Covid cases. And in all reality, this is NOT something we should be happy about as it could snowball into more games and other sports being cancelled. And before you say "Who cares about BYU", it's relevant as it's one of the few college football games left on the table.

AGGIEinIOWA

Re: BYU/Army game postponed

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » September 12th, 2020, 7:42 pm

Virginia vs VT was also postponed. Word is ACC is struggling with COVID too and rumors of teams possibly dropping out. ACC said as long as they have 8 teams that remain viable they will continue to have a season though.

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » September 12th, 2020, 11:29 pm

Wasn't there a report out of the Big Ten recently that showed something like 30% of student athletes who have tested positive for Covid are now showing signs of myocarditis? If true, that is nothing to mess around with. I really think playing football this season is a mistake. I know we want to see the Aggies out there. But IMHO a vaccine needs to be available and the virus contained before games are played.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » September 13th, 2020, 6:31 am

swordsman1989 wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 11:29 pm
Wasn't there a report out of the Big Ten recently that showed something like 30% of student athletes who have tested positive for Covid are now showing signs of myocarditis? If true, that is nothing to mess around with. I really think playing football this season is a mistake. I know we want to see the Aggies out there. But IMHO a vaccine needs to be available and the virus contained before games are played.
Yes a doctor put out those numbers. And since has apologized for posting completely inaccurate numbers. We’ve mentioned this in the big 10 thread. I’d assume this is one reason the big 10 is voting again.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 13th, 2020, 10:23 am

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
September 12th, 2020, 7:42 pm
Virginia vs VT was also postponed. Word is ACC is struggling with COVID too and rumors of teams possibly dropping out. ACC said as long as they have 8 teams that remain viable they will continue to have a season though.
Yeah I was thinking of going to this game until it got cancelled. I imagine there will be repeated cancellation and postponements throughout the season.

Locked Previous topicNext topic