Today!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie84025

Today!

Post by Aggie84025 » September 3rd, 2020, 8:25 am

Not to throw salt on our wounds, but today should have been an awesome day for aggie football. Today we should have hosted WSU which is rare for the aggies to host a team from a P5 conference. I think this would have been an evenly matched game and honestly think we would have won. I imagine it would have been an electric atmosphere, but it was not to be.

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Re: Today!

Post by sam tingey » September 3rd, 2020, 8:53 am

Now I am sad for the day

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » September 3rd, 2020, 9:15 am

Well ... that great mood I woke up with sure went kersplatt

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » September 3rd, 2020, 9:48 am

The South Alabama, Southern Mississippi game tonight is going to have some good ratings.

I’ll be watching wishing it had been USU against WSU

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » September 3rd, 2020, 9:52 am

ChowderAggie wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 9:48 am
The South Alabama, Southern Mississippi game tonight is going to have some good ratings.

You think it will?

The Austin Peay game last weekend was the lowest rated opening college football game since they started keeping track. Maybe people have moved on? Has the unorganized mess that is NCAA football shot themselves in the foot as far as viewership and fan interest? The interesting thing is that golf and NASCAR are getting better ratings than the NBA playoffs.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 3rd, 2020, 9:52 am

I won't be watching. Instead, I will be enjoying my Plex library of Aggie wins. It should be great.

BobWilson
Has thanked: 0

Post by BobWilson » September 3rd, 2020, 10:34 am

Meanwhile, back in Pullburgh there are about 12K students in town even though all instruction is virtual. Many students have apartment leases that they have to pay and most are located a short distance from multiple parties each evening. Some 618 cases in Whitman county - the vast majority under age 39 and occurring in the past two weeks. FB coaches are busy recruiting - 17 committed for next year including 4 from Texas.

In retrospect, I should have come down to Logan and taken the Aggies on. It would be a fair game as I am 84 years old.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 3rd, 2020, 11:04 am

Boooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 3rd, 2020, 11:12 am

We don't get to have nice things anymore - lets hope this is short lived.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » September 3rd, 2020, 11:15 am

85 degrees at Kickoff.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » September 3rd, 2020, 11:17 am

:bangwall: :anonymous:
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
aggies22

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » September 3rd, 2020, 11:59 am

ChowderAggie wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 9:48 am

USA!!!
USA!!!
USA!!!
USA!!!
USA!!!
USA!!!

2020 PICK'EM GOOGLE Docs -
WEEK 12 (pick entry)

WEEK 11 (results)

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » September 3rd, 2020, 12:04 pm

ViAggie wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 11:12 am
We don't get to have nice things anymore - lets hope this is short lived.
Don't count on it. We don't eradicate those viruses very easily - we just learn to deal with them. It's just a matter of how we deal with this one going forward. Are we going to stay in the mode we are now with half of the people wearing masks and staying at home unless absolutely necessary, or are we going to way for a vaccine and put all of our eggs in that basket that it will cure all of corona's evils? or are we going to move on with life in a somewhat normal fashion and take that risk? Who knows? - I don't think anybody does.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » September 3rd, 2020, 1:05 pm

Typical Aggie luck. Somehow this feels right.

AZ4AggieNation

Post by AZ4AggieNation » September 3rd, 2020, 4:42 pm

It sucks; it doesn't make sense; it's political as we all know and premature decisions by MW in my opinion didn't safeguard the athletes up there...(They were doing things right with pre-cautions/testing from June 1st up until the recent decision)....

I do hope the other conferences with the temerity to "find" a way to make it work thru all this (fear-media, shame-Twitter bashing, and the fiscal/risk mgmt-based decision making) madness enjoy a disjointed season but yet still get to compete and be vigilant..The conferences who chose to sit in the locker room will be affected in a litany of ways for sure!!

But those of us whom love college football get to watch the networks(still don't get how the Alphabet Networks where so anti-playing when they are now televising-$$ football games) now show a balance of FBS/FCS/HS/NFL football...What's sad is USU had such a monumental chance for some National audience viewing with this WSU game and probably many of their others this season!

But I have told my kid; you can't control any of this crap son...Just be a beast up in Logan; feel blessed, Grow and keep that positive Attitude and Grind at 100%.

I very much (BELIEVE) 2021 is going to be something special and the AGGIES will have a season to remember and fans will flock to support and celebrate their return....and all the W's on the field...
These users thanked the author AZ4AggieNation for the post (total 2):
aggies22slcagg

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » September 3rd, 2020, 5:04 pm

AZ4AggieNation wrote:
September 3rd, 2020, 4:42 pm
It sucks; it doesn't make sense; it's political as we all know and premature decisions by MW in my opinion didn't safeguard the athletes up there...(They were doing things right with pre-cautions/testing from June 1st up until the recent decision)....

I do hope the other conferences with the temerity to "find" a way to make it work thru all this (fear-media, shame-Twitter bashing, and the fiscal/risk mgmt-based decision making) madness enjoy a disjointed season but yet still get to compete and be vigilant..The conferences who chose to sit in the locker room will be affected in a litany of ways for sure!!

But those of us whom love college football get to watch the networks(still don't get how the Alphabet Networks where so anti-playing when they are now televising-$$ football games) now show a balance of FBS/FCS/HS/NFL football...What's sad is USU had such a monumental chance for some National audience viewing with this WSU game and probably many of their others this season!

But I have told my kid; you can't control any of this crap son...Just be a beast up in Logan; feel blessed, Grow and keep that positive Attitude and Grind at 100%.

I very much (BELIEVE) 2021 is going to be something special and the AGGIES will have a season to remember and fans will flock to support and celebrate their return....and all the W's on the field...
Thanks for your post. It would have been special. I hope the team is taking tbis as fuwl to prepare even harder for next season.

ChowderAggie

Post by ChowderAggie » September 3rd, 2020, 6:28 pm

Touchdown UAB!!!!!!

Who rocks the house? UAB rocks the house!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic