We want to play movement

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg
Posts: 5552
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 994 times
Been thanked: 841 times

We want to play movement

Post by slcagg » August 10th, 2020, 6:15 am

Several star players pushing this movement. Trevor Lawrence, najee Harris etc.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15900
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 465 times
Been thanked: 1074 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » August 10th, 2020, 8:53 am

They should. Players have always played with significant risk. Risk of CTE, Suicide and depression, addiction to pain meds, and paralysis weren’t enough to make society stop and think about the safety of football players but a virus with a statistically rare chance of significant illness leading to death does?
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
OKAggieImakeitrainAZ4AggieNation



User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2456
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 248 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by OKAggie » August 10th, 2020, 9:21 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 8:53 am
They should. Players have always played with significant risk. Risk of CTE, Suicide and depression, addiction to pain meds, and paralysis weren’t enough to make society stop and think about the safety of football players but a virus with a statistically rare chance of significant illness leading to death does?
Everyone's taking their cues from the two most risk-averse and control-freakish professions on earth: public health officials and politicians.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post (total 2):
AgMachipsterdoofus21


Nobody here knows anything.

User avatar
BearLakeMonster
Posts: 1886
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:45 am
Location: The Caribbean of the Rockies
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 81 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by BearLakeMonster » August 10th, 2020, 9:35 am

OKAggie wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 9:21 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 8:53 am
They should. Players have always played with significant risk. Risk of CTE, Suicide and depression, addiction to pain meds, and paralysis weren’t enough to make society stop and think about the safety of football players but a virus with a statistically rare chance of significant illness leading to death does?
Everyone's taking their cues from the two most risk-averse and control-freakish professions on earth: public health officials and politicians.
You've obviously never met my office's financial controls officers.
These users thanked the author BearLakeMonster for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21FloridaAggie13


"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15900
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 465 times
Been thanked: 1074 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » August 10th, 2020, 2:18 pm

The teams should just get together at a designated time each Saturday and hold a 60 minute peaceful protest. Maybe taking a break every 15 minutes to think about the issues plaguing humanity before going back out to protest again.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 5):
Yossarianslcaggaggies22FloridaAggie13AggiePT



Yossarian
Posts: 3815
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by Yossarian » August 10th, 2020, 2:29 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 2:18 pm
The teams should just get together at a designated time each Saturday and hold a 60 minute peaceful protest. Maybe taking a break every 15 minutes to think about the issues plaguing humanity before going back out to protest again.
I grew up in a town with 2 elementary schools. We did not have a youth football program in town - you didn't start playing organized football until high school, which was 10th grade at the time.

To get our football fix, we organized after-school games with the other elementary school. We would delineate a playing field at the city park with jackets, bicycles, trees, sprinkler risers, whatever. We would get together regularly after school to "practice". This would consist of designing plays (which would never work in games) and deciding who was going to play what position. Our equipment consisted mostly of those cheap plastic NFL replica helmets with a little foam padding glued to the inside - mostly single or double-bar facemasks. Some kids actually had football pants with knee and thigh pads sewn in (that was the kids from the opposing "rich" school). The rest of us wore Levi's or sweat pants. A couple kids wore metal baseball spikes to play in (I have a scar on my back where one of them stepped on me to prove it). It was cold. It was muddy. We had no idea what we were doing. We had the time of our lives for those two football seasons (fifth and sixth grade).
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 4):
slcaggaggies22cdaAgFloridaAggie13



slcagg
Posts: 5552
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 994 times
Been thanked: 841 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by slcagg » August 10th, 2020, 3:07 pm




slcagg
Posts: 5552
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 994 times
Been thanked: 841 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by slcagg » August 10th, 2020, 5:40 pm

These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
AZ4AggieNation



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 8299
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1810 times
Been thanked: 523 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by USU78 » August 10th, 2020, 8:04 pm

#LetThemPlay!

These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
slcagg


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

slcagg
Posts: 5552
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 994 times
Been thanked: 841 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by slcagg » August 10th, 2020, 9:35 pm

Finebaum says he thinks the sec will pull this off to some type of degree. Guess we all are gonna have to be sec fans. since I lived in Alabama for a couple years it’s been easy to pull for the tide. Roll tide baby!



Imakeitrain
Posts: 6770
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 311 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by Imakeitrain » August 10th, 2020, 11:07 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 8:53 am
They should. Players have always played with significant risk. Risk of CTE, Suicide and depression, addiction to pain meds, and paralysis weren’t enough to make society stop and think about the safety of football players but a virus with a statistically rare chance of significant illness leading to death does?
Every time I have had a minor injury the doctor wants me out for a lot longer than reasonable.

A couple years back I broke my finger playing flag football. The doctor wanted me to sit out from flag football, hockey, lifting and have my finger in a splint for 6 weeks. All for a finger I barely wanted to go in for.I worked around it during my lights and was fine coming back to other activity for a week.

Although I appreciate caution medical professionals don’t give enough consideration to how over cautiousness affects people


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

coolag
Posts: 1307
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by coolag » August 10th, 2020, 11:28 pm

Nick Saban said his players aren't going to get covid on the field, they are going to get it on campus. Frickin granny hater.



blueaggie
Posts: 955
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by blueaggie » August 11th, 2020, 9:02 am

Granny can protect herself.



coolag
Posts: 1307
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by coolag » August 11th, 2020, 9:11 am

I just wish the University presidents and AD's would drop the bs "player safety and well being" line and explain the real reason for cancelling. They are absolving themselves from scrutiny. Very well could backfire on them. After all tommy tackler just wants to play foosball.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttAZ4AggieNation



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17268
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 853 times
Been thanked: 823 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by NVAggie » August 11th, 2020, 9:20 am

Most of the decisions made about the coronavirus are conservative because you don't want to be the person who decided to play and then have everyone get sick. This really got going when Rudy Gobert mocked the coronavirus and touched everyone's microphone. He then tested positive. No one wants to be that guy.



Coloraggie
Posts: 1568
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:09 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by Coloraggie » August 11th, 2020, 3:37 pm

slcagg wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 9:35 pm
Finebaum says he thinks the sec will pull this off to some type of degree. Guess we all are gonna have to be sec fans. since I lived in Alabama for a couple years it’s been easy to pull for the tide. Roll tide baby!
Interesting you lived there for a couple of years. Was it two years? Did you live in several different areas of the state? I did and became an Alabama fan while there culminating in them beating Miami for the national championship a week before I went home!
These users thanked the author Coloraggie for the post:
slcagg



slcagg
Posts: 5552
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 994 times
Been thanked: 841 times

Re: We want to play movement

Post by slcagg » August 11th, 2020, 4:33 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
August 11th, 2020, 3:37 pm
slcagg wrote:
August 10th, 2020, 9:35 pm
Finebaum says he thinks the sec will pull this off to some type of degree. Guess we all are gonna have to be sec fans. since I lived in Alabama for a couple years it’s been easy to pull for the tide. Roll tide baby!
Interesting you lived there for a couple of years. Was it two years? Did you live in several different areas of the state? I did and became an Alabama fan while there culminating in them beating Miami for the national championship a week before I went home!
Haha nailed it. Too bad you missed watching them games by a week!



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic