Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
FormerlyVegasAggie71
Posts: 225
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 10:05 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by FormerlyVegasAggie71 » August 6th, 2020, 10:19 am

transferring again to Kentucky with his brother, both as walk ons:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... y-walk-ons



rAggie
Posts: 551
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:52 am
Location: Logan, UT
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 194 times
Contact:

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by rAggie » August 6th, 2020, 10:24 am

Two brothers, both have played at two schools, now transferring to ride the pine together. Just how it was all designed.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post:
BustaMcNutt



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17757
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 893 times
Been thanked: 914 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by NVAggie » August 6th, 2020, 10:28 am

Future stars in the NFL



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4485
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 345 times
Been thanked: 796 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » August 6th, 2020, 10:37 am

I support anyone trying to find a situation that is better for them, but I'm amazed at how many different schools some players play at. Players going to 3 or 4 schools during their college career isn't as uncommon as you would think it is.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11497
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 708 times
Been thanked: 482 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by ViAggie » August 6th, 2020, 10:39 am

Honestly he would have been way better off had he stayed here


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4351
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has thanked: 182 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by aceofspadeskb » August 6th, 2020, 10:47 am

Dude had 40 receptions and 2 TDs in his freshman year here in 2016. Could have had Prime Jordan Love throwing him balls. Could have made a name for himself. Could have gone on to the NFL. Threw it all away for ego sake. Opted for the pine at Maryland. 3 receptions in 2018 and 19 combined. Now on to another bench.

You almost feel bad for the guy. Bad attitude, bad advice, bad decisions all around.
These users thanked the author aceofspadeskb for the post (total 4):
Aggie formerly in Hawaiithegreendalegelfaggies223rdGenAggie



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4485
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 345 times
Been thanked: 796 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » August 6th, 2020, 10:48 am

ViAggie wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 10:39 am
Honestly he would have been way better off had he stayed here
That is true for a lot of players. Grass isn't always greener. It certainly works for some guys, others seem to just spend their whole college career looking for the perfect situation when the perfect situation often doesn't exist.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
aggies22



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10699
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6631 times
Been thanked: 4087 times
Contact:

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by aggies22 » August 6th, 2020, 11:04 am

FormerlyVegasAggie71 wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 10:19 am
transferring again to Kentucky with his brother, both as walk ons:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... y-walk-ons
Jovon Bouknight is the wide receivers coach there. This is why they chose Kentucky.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10699
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6631 times
Been thanked: 4087 times
Contact:

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by aggies22 » August 6th, 2020, 11:05 am

aceofspadeskb wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 10:47 am
Dude had 40 receptions and 2 TDs in his freshman year here in 2016. Could have had Prime Jordan Love throwing him balls. Could have made a name for himself. Could have gone on to the NFL. Threw it all away for ego sake. Opted for the pine at Maryland. 3 receptions in 2018 and 19 combined. Now on to another bench.

You almost feel bad for the guy. Bad attitude, bad advice, bad decisions all around.
Mom WANTED him to stay, Daddy did NOT.



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 1257
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 934 times
Been thanked: 420 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » August 6th, 2020, 4:04 pm

aggies22 wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 11:05 am
aceofspadeskb wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 10:47 am
Dude had 40 receptions and 2 TDs in his freshman year here in 2016. Could have had Prime Jordan Love throwing him balls. Could have made a name for himself. Could have gone on to the NFL. Threw it all away for ego sake. Opted for the pine at Maryland. 3 receptions in 2018 and 19 combined. Now on to another bench.

You almost feel bad for the guy. Bad attitude, bad advice, bad decisions all around.
Mom WANTED him to stay, Daddy did NOT.
I think the phrase "My dad would kill me if I didn't listen to him" is a next-level statement in the Lewis family.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 11):
cdaAgBLUERUFiOaggieguy13AggieArmyaggies223rdGenAggieAgliciouspablohoneyLKGatesFloridaAggie13 and one more user



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10699
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6631 times
Been thanked: 4087 times
Contact:

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by aggies22 » August 6th, 2020, 4:09 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 4:04 pm
aggies22 wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 11:05 am
aceofspadeskb wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 10:47 am
Dude had 40 receptions and 2 TDs in his freshman year here in 2016. Could have had Prime Jordan Love throwing him balls. Could have made a name for himself. Could have gone on to the NFL. Threw it all away for ego sake. Opted for the pine at Maryland. 3 receptions in 2018 and 19 combined. Now on to another bench.

You almost feel bad for the guy. Bad attitude, bad advice, bad decisions all around.
Mom WANTED him to stay, Daddy did NOT.
I think the phrase "My dad would kill me if I didn't listen to him" is a next-level statement in the Lewis family.
I'm glad you said it my Aggie brother because I sure wanted to! Haha!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



MWCFAN12
Posts: 965
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by MWCFAN12 » August 7th, 2020, 10:00 am

IIR right. He wanted to play DB and Wells told him we would take a look. He thought that was his best path to the NFL. He played some there in the spring and then when Fall camp started he was back at WR. He got pissed and twitted out something about coaches not looking out what is best for him. Transfered to Maryland sat a year played half a season as a 4 string db and got moved Back WR by Maryland and transfered again. ...

He was just hell bend on being a DB but the problem was he wasn't any good at it.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10699
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6631 times
Been thanked: 4087 times
Contact:

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by aggies22 » August 7th, 2020, 10:13 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:00 am
IIR right. He wanted to play DB and Wells told him we would take a look. He thought that was his best path to the NFL. He played some there in the spring and then when Fall camp started he was back at WR. He got pissed and twitted out something about coaches not looking out what is best for him. Transferred to Maryland sat a year played half a season as a 4 string DB and got moved Back WR by Maryland and transferred again. ...

He was just hell-bent on being a DB but the problem was he wasn't any good at it.
Actually, I think there is a very good chance he would have started at CB here is sophomore year. He definitely would have been in the two-deep. He would have been a VERY good G5 player but clearly he is at best, an average P5 player. That's how it goes sometimes. Oh well.



MWCFAN12
Posts: 965
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by MWCFAN12 » August 7th, 2020, 10:30 am

aggies22 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:13 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:00 am
IIR right. He wanted to play DB and Wells told him we would take a look. He thought that was his best path to the NFL. He played some there in the spring and then when Fall camp started he was back at WR. He got pissed and twitted out something about coaches not looking out what is best for him. Transferred to Maryland sat a year played half a season as a 4 string DB and got moved Back WR by Maryland and transferred again. ...

He was just hell-bent on being a DB but the problem was he wasn't any good at it.
Actually, I think there is a very good chance he would have started at CB here is sophomore year. He definitely would have been in the two-deep. He would have been a VERY good G5 player but clearly he is at best, an average P5 player. That's how it goes sometimes. Oh well.
You think he would have been on the 2 deep ? I must not be remembering this right. Cause I thought we were fairly deep at DB that year. Where do you think he would have played and whos minutes do you think he would have taken ?



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 775
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 202 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by thegreendalegelf » August 7th, 2020, 12:26 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:30 am
aggies22 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:13 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:00 am
IIR right. He wanted to play DB and Wells told him we would take a look. He thought that was his best path to the NFL. He played some there in the spring and then when Fall camp started he was back at WR. He got pissed and twitted out something about coaches not looking out what is best for him. Transferred to Maryland sat a year played half a season as a 4 string DB and got moved Back WR by Maryland and transferred again. ...

He was just hell-bent on being a DB but the problem was he wasn't any good at it.
Actually, I think there is a very good chance he would have started at CB here is sophomore year. He definitely would have been in the two-deep. He would have been a VERY good G5 player but clearly he is at best, an average P5 player. That's how it goes sometimes. Oh well.
You think he would have been on the 2 deep ? I must not be remembering this right. Cause I thought we were fairly deep at DB that year. Where do you think he would have played and whos minutes do you think he would have taken ?
My memory of it was that we were just thin at WR and thats why he got pushed over there. It was a team need and he wanted to do what he felt was best for him.



Donman
Posts: 2636
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:49 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by Donman » August 7th, 2020, 2:22 pm

aggies22 wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 4:09 pm
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 4:04 pm
aggies22 wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 11:05 am
aceofspadeskb wrote:
August 6th, 2020, 10:47 am
Dude had 40 receptions and 2 TDs in his freshman year here in 2016. Could have had Prime Jordan Love throwing him balls. Could have made a name for himself. Could have gone on to the NFL. Threw it all away for ego sake. Opted for the pine at Maryland. 3 receptions in 2018 and 19 combined. Now on to another bench.

You almost feel bad for the guy. Bad attitude, bad advice, bad decisions all around.
Mom WANTED him to stay, Daddy did NOT.
I think the phrase "My dad would kill me if I didn't listen to him" is a next-level statement in the Lewis family.
I'm glad you said it my Aggie brother because I sure wanted to! Haha!
You beat me to it. The fact you beat me is killing me.
These users thanked the author Donman for the post (total 2):
aggies22LKGates



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10699
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6631 times
Been thanked: 4087 times
Contact:

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by aggies22 » August 7th, 2020, 3:15 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:30 am
aggies22 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:13 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:00 am
IIR right. He wanted to play DB and Wells told him we would take a look. He thought that was his best path to the NFL. He played some there in the spring and then when Fall camp started he was back at WR. He got pissed and twitted out something about coaches not looking out what is best for him. Transferred to Maryland sat a year played half a season as a 4 string DB and got moved Back WR by Maryland and transferred again. ...

He was just hell-bent on being a DB but the problem was he wasn't any good at it.
Actually, I think there is a very good chance he would have started at CB here is sophomore year. He definitely would have been in the two-deep. He would have been a VERY good G5 player but clearly he is at best, an average P5 player. That's how it goes sometimes. Oh well.
You think he would have been on the 2 deep ? I must not be remembering this right. Cause I thought we were fairly deep at DB that year. Where do you think he would have played and whos minutes do you think he would have taken?
I'll see if I can find my spring ball notes and see where I had him.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10699
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6631 times
Been thanked: 4087 times
Contact:

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by aggies22 » August 7th, 2020, 3:27 pm

aggies22 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 3:15 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:30 am
aggies22 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:13 am
MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 7th, 2020, 10:00 am
IIR right. He wanted to play DB and Wells told him we would take a look. He thought that was his best path to the NFL. He played some there in the spring and then when Fall camp started he was back at WR. He got pissed and twitted out something about coaches not looking out what is best for him. Transferred to Maryland sat a year played half a season as a 4 string DB and got moved Back WR by Maryland and transferred again. ...

He was just hell-bent on being a DB but the problem was he wasn't any good at it.
Actually, I think there is a very good chance he would have started at CB here is sophomore year. He definitely would have been in the two-deep. He would have been a VERY good G5 player but clearly he is at best, an average P5 player. That's how it goes sometimes. Oh well.
You think he would have been on the 2 deep ? I must not be remembering this right. Cause I thought we were fairly deep at DB that year. Where do you think he would have played and whos minutes do you think he would have taken?
I'll see if I can find my spring ball notes and see where I had him.
All my previous work for Scout.com was lost once Scout was absorbed by 247sports and I transitioned over to there.



MWCFAN12
Posts: 965
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by MWCFAN12 » August 8th, 2020, 11:22 am

This was our 2 deep to start that season. I just dont see him getting many minutes here.

Image
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post:
slcagg



slcagg
Posts: 6392
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1371 times
Been thanked: 1089 times

Re: Rayshad Lewis (remember him)

Post by slcagg » August 8th, 2020, 12:04 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
August 8th, 2020, 11:22 am
This was our 2 deep to start that season. I just dont see him getting many minutes here.

Image
That was a heck of a group!

Ah jamarcus.



Locked Previous topicNext topic