Riley Jensen interview

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Riley Jensen interview

Post by slcagg » July 24th, 2020, 8:00 pm

Really interesting interview. First half or so talks of
Impact of hs football in Utah and players coming in from California and things he has heard. Second half has some interesting opinions about usu. The qb situation etc. If our coaches don’t involve Riley they should try to get him more involved in the program.

https://1280thezone.com/riley-jensen-ex ... 20-beyond/
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22

Intermeddler

Re: Riley Jensen interview

Post by Intermeddler » July 24th, 2020, 8:24 pm

Thinks Colombi may have been on his way out which prompted us to bring in Shelly (this is 100% wrong by the way and doesn’t make sense even if you don’t know what happened).

Asked if Utah is the only place we can get transfers from and are their backups really better than our starters? At some positions yeah they are. Thinks Mariner is a great recruiting story for us. Didn’t seem to know anything about DHC.

Only talks usu for about 5-6 minutes
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post:
slcagg

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 24th, 2020, 8:47 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 8:24 pm
Thinks Colombi may have been on his way out which prompted us to bring in Shelly (this is 100% wrong by the way and doesn’t make sense even if you don’t know what happened).

Asked if Utah is the only place we can get transfers from and are their backups really better than our starters? At some positions yeah they are. Thinks Mariner is a great recruiting story for us. Didn’t seem to know anything about DHC.

Thanks for the usu summary. I also thought his experience recently with hs athletes from California potentially moving to Utah was interesting and could have an impact on the program in some way.
Intermeddler

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » July 24th, 2020, 8:59 pm

Riley Jensen strikes me as a moron of the highest grade.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
mcaggie1

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 24th, 2020, 9:21 pm

I have been surprised and disappointed at the judgement and name calling thrown around this week at two great ambassadors for aggie athletics in Waqa and Riley.
BustaMcNutt

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » July 24th, 2020, 9:33 pm

slcagg wrote:I have been surprised and disappointed at the judgement and name calling thrown around this week at two great ambassadors for aggie athletics in Waqa and Riley.
To be fair, I’m the only one that thinks it’s B.S. Waqa sends his kids anywhere but USU. Everybody else is thrilled for byu and Damuni.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » July 24th, 2020, 11:11 pm

2004AG wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 9:33 pm
slcagg wrote:I have been surprised and disappointed at the judgement and name calling thrown around this week at two great ambassadors for aggie athletics in Waqa and Riley.
To be fair, I’m the only one that thinks it’s B.S. Waqa sends his kids anywhere but USU. Everybody else is thrilled for byu and Damuni.

I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Give it a rest. Seriously.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » July 24th, 2020, 11:25 pm

slcagg wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 8:47 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 8:24 pm

Thanks for the usu summary. I also thought his experience recently with hs athletes from California potentially moving to Utah was interesting and could have an impact on the program in some way.
I didn’t listen to that admittedly so I’ll have to go back. That’s a potentially interesting issue and would affect us in an unique way.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post:
slcagg

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » July 25th, 2020, 1:58 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 8:59 pm
I have known Riley Jensen for many, many years. The last thing his is is a moron. Riley is a died in the wool Aggie through and through. What he does have is street smarts, and experience in the broadcast business. He knows when and what to say. He knows a huge majority of listeners to sports talk radio are Cougar and Ute fans, and needs to talk to them in some way to keep listenership. You can’t expect an interview like that one to be 100% about USU. nice for us, but ridiculous otherwise. Riley has also coached High School AND college (P5) football.
And you call him a moron. My Aggie friend...you need to apologize.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 3):
BustaMcNuttoleblu111Aggie19

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » July 25th, 2020, 4:25 pm

slcagg wrote:
July 24th, 2020, 9:21 pm
I have been surprised and disappointed at the judgement and name calling thrown around this week at two great ambassadors for aggie athletics in Waqa and Riley.
Amen.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » July 25th, 2020, 8:01 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 1:58 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
I have known Riley Jensen for many, many years. The last thing his is is a moron. Riley is a died in the wool Aggie through and through. What he does have is street smarts, and experience in the broadcast business. He knows when and what to say. He knows a huge majority of listeners to sports talk radio are Cougar and Ute fans, and needs to talk to them in some way to keep listenership. You can’t expect an interview like that one to be 100% about USU. nice for us, but ridiculous otherwise. Riley has also coached High School AND college (P5) football.
Am I wrong, perhaps, will I apologize?
No.
Basing my thoughts on his interview and his Elite website. It’s pretty awful. Looks like a self promoter of the worst kind, but you have far more data than me.
So again, I could certainly be wrong.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » July 26th, 2020, 7:52 am

Sl7vk wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 8:01 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
July 25th, 2020, 1:58 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
Am I wrong, perhaps, will I apologize?
No.
Basing my thoughts on his interview and his Elite website. It’s pretty awful. Looks like a self promoter of the worst kind, but you have far more data than me.
So again, I could certainly be wrong.
If you had lunch with Riley and had a chance to visit with him, I think you would see things differently.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post:
slcagg

Locked Previous topicNext topic