Colombi Transferring

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
taniataylor

Re: Colombi Transferring

Post by taniataylor » October 3rd, 2020, 5:01 pm

We are gonna miss him...and I know this for sure
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 2):
brownjeansAggieFBObsession

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » October 3rd, 2020, 5:19 pm

Amen to that. My heart still hurts from him leaving! Crud!
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » October 3rd, 2020, 5:21 pm

It looked like he was hit as he was releasing that ball. But two deep on that side and a long ball is not good odds. Henry's a great guy though; I hope he gets a lot more playing time.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 3rd, 2020, 5:29 pm

Yes the fan favorite backup Q.B. that is loved despite never doing much in a game while here. I goes T.T. starter got hurt so H.C. came in and did ok until a real bad pick.

I have nothing against the kid, hope he does ok, maybe he will get a starting job if the starter is injured

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 3rd, 2020, 8:34 pm

taniataylor wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 5:01 pm
You mean the guy that wasn’t even allowed to play quarterback at the U anymore (who, notably, hasn’t had a good QB in at least a decade) isn’t better than Henry? Or are you saying something else here?

Look — I hope Shelley is good. I’m rooting for him. But I think ultimately we will rue the day GA made this decision. Hope to be wrong, and maybe I’m still just sore about how Henry been done wrong.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » October 4th, 2020, 3:49 am

Colombi’s dad kinda gave me Lavar Ball vibes.

But Colombi noticeably bulked up. Scholz is a unique talent.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 4th, 2020, 8:54 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
You mean the guy that wasn’t even allowed to play quarterback at the U anymore (who, notably, hasn’t had a good QB in at least a decade) isn’t better than Henry? Or are you saying something else here?

Look — I hope Shelley is good. I’m rooting for him. But I think ultimately we will rue the day GA made this decision. Hope to be wrong, and maybe I’m still just sore about how Henry been done wrong.
I’m with you. I think Gary is going to look back and realize he made a big mistake giving Shelly the job over Columbi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » October 4th, 2020, 9:05 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
October 3rd, 2020, 8:34 pm
taniataylor wrote:

I haven't rued a day in a long time.... I like a good day rueing.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » October 4th, 2020, 10:16 am

I don't believe for a second that Shelley was promised anything.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 3):
GaryTakeTheWheelaceofspadeskbtjensen_25

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » October 4th, 2020, 10:43 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
taniataylor wrote:

I am not sure if you could have fit more incorrect statements into one post, and I hope I don't have to find out.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 4th, 2020, 11:24 am

GeoAg wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 10:16 am
If you were the Colombis, your beliefs about the situation would matter.

Too bad Andersen couldn't convince them.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 4th, 2020, 12:18 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 10:43 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
taniataylor wrote:

Look — I hope Shelley is good. I’m rooting for him. But I think ultimately we will rue the day GA made this decision. Hope to be wrong, and maybe I’m still just sore about how Henry been done wrong. And again, I genuinely hope I am wrong on the prediction front.
I am not sure if you could have fit more incorrect statements into one post, and I hope I don't have to find out.
The only factual statement made in this post even capable of being an “incorrect statement” is the reference to Shelley being moved to safety, which is objectively true and verified by multiple sources.

The rest is a mix of opinion and prediction. Not really sure why you felt the need to come in so hot here, but whatever. Again, genuinely hope I am wrong on the prediction front. I want to see a good Aggie football team, and that’ll take Jason Shelley being good! I just foresee rough seas ahead with GA at the helm.
Last edited by ineptimusprime on October 4th, 2020, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 4th, 2020, 12:25 pm

GeoAg wrote:I don't believe for a second that Shelley was promised anything.
And I don’t believe for a second Shelley would come here just to ride the bench.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 4th, 2020, 12:28 pm

GeoAg wrote:
To me, it doesn’t matter if Shelley was promised anything. You just don’t bring in a grad transfer QB as late as GA did without it being rightfully perceived by the Colombis as a vote of no confidence in Colombi. Sorry, that’s just “people skills” and “reading the situation” 101. The same sort of skills that would help a coach avoid providing way too much information to an Oregonian reporter, or avoid putting his foot in his mouth to say something like “we don’t have an opt-out. That’s not an option in our program.”

I don’t really have anything nice to say about GA at this point, so I’m just going to leave it at that.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
AggieFBObsession

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » October 4th, 2020, 2:04 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 12:28 pm
GeoAg wrote:
To me, it doesn’t matter if Shelley was promised anything. You just don’t bring in a grad transfer QB as late as GA did without it being rightfully perceived by the Colombis as a vote of no confidence in Colombi. Sorry, that’s just “people skills” and “reading the situation” 101. The same sort of skills that would help a coach avoid providing way too much information to an Oregonian reporter, or avoid putting his foot in his mouth to say something like “we don’t have an opt-out. That’s not an option in our program.”

I don’t really have anything nice to say about GA at this point, so I’m just going to leave it at that.
So if you get a chance to improve your depth at any position you don't take it because you might hurt someone's feelings? Do you feel the same way about the running back that we got from the U? What about last year when we picked up Mariner and Repp.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 4th, 2020, 2:57 pm

Of course you bring in any player that can improve the position as depth or as a starter. H.C. and daddy thought he was going to start when the transfer happened so he bolted rather than compete for the starting job.

Every grad transfer that comes in has a good shot at being a starter, and those that thought it was their turn either stay and compete or take their bags and leave, Other than henry did any other kids leave because a grad transfer was brought in ?

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » October 4th, 2020, 3:02 pm

This again huh?

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » October 4th, 2020, 3:46 pm

Yea what’s up? Did Columbi do something or not do something we’re aware of?

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 4th, 2020, 3:55 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 2:57 pm
Of course you bring in any player that can improve the position as depth or as a starter. H.C. and daddy thought he was going to start when the transfer happened so he bolted rather than compete for the starting job.

Every grad transfer that comes in has a good shot at being a starter, and those that thought it was their turn either stay and compete or take their bags and leave, Other than henry did any other kids leave because a grad transfer was brought in ?
QB is a different beast, and if you don't know that, you should.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 4th, 2020, 4:57 pm

2004AG wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 3:55 pm
oleblu111 wrote:

No it is not any different at all. If I was a junior O.T. in the program looking to start, and a grad transfer comes in I might leave if I figured he was better than me.

With the injuries that occur at Q.B. then Henry would have been in the game just like he was at Texas Tech. He went from being a possible backup at USU to a backup at Texas Tech.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 4th, 2020, 5:00 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 4:57 pm
2004AG wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 3:55 pm
oleblu111 wrote:

No it is not any different at all. If I was a junior O.T. in the program looking to start, and a grad transfer comes in I might leave if I figured he was better than me.

With the injuries that occur at Q.B. then Henry would have been in the game just like he was at Texas Tech. He went from being a possible backup at USU to a backup at Texas Tech.
Ok, then you should know better, but I'll help you out. Multiple TE's play all game, (Caleb Repp), multiple WR's play all day (Siosi Mariner), multiple DE's play all game long (Nick Heniger). Only one QB plays all game. So when Shelley was handed the job, Columbi wasn't going to play unless of injury. QB is not like other positions where many guys rotate in and out all game long.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » October 4th, 2020, 5:12 pm

oleblu111 wrote:

Here's what you fail to comprehend:
Columbi didn't leave because of Shelley. It's not about Shelley and Columbi. It's about Andersen and Columbi.
Last edited by brownjeans on October 4th, 2020, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
AggieFBObsession

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 4th, 2020, 5:52 pm

brownjeans wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 5:12 pm
oleblu111 wrote:

Here's what you fail to comprehend:
Columbi didn't leave because of Shelly. It's not about Shelly and Columbi. It's about Andersen and Columbi.
Well that is possible, but some on here believe that any transfer is promised a starting job which is just not true, also if some kid playing a different position thinks they are in line to be a starter than they would not transfer, because Q.B. is different.

I can buy the not getting along with the coach as a reason to leave, but of course the reason may or may not be a good choice. I do not get all excited about the backup Q.B. as many do, unproven is unproven.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » October 4th, 2020, 7:08 pm

2004AG wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 12:25 pm
And I don’t believe for a second Shelley would come here just to ride the bench.

I believe he would if he wanted to play QB

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 4th, 2020, 8:38 pm

GeoAg wrote:
2004AG wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 12:25 pm

I believe he would if he wanted to play QB
He would come here just to play QB in practice even if it meant riding the bench in games?

Doubt it.

GaryTakeTheWheel

Post by GaryTakeTheWheel » October 4th, 2020, 8:56 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 4th, 2020, 9:09 pm

blueaggie wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 2:04 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 12:28 pm
GeoAg wrote:

So if you get a chance to improve your depth at any position you don't take it because you might hurt someone's feelings? Do you feel the same way about the running back that we got from the U? What about last year when we picked up Mariner and Repp.
The quarterback is a different animal than other positions. Quarterbacks transfer all the times when they aren't going to be the starter. Andersen made a decision that he believes Shelley will help us win games more than Colombi would. Let's hope he is right.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 4th, 2020, 9:10 pm

GaryTakeTheWheel wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 8:56 pm
Wells isn't having a great time: https://wreckemred.com/2020/10/03/texas ... eadership/
Yeah. There’s another article on wreckem that blames the AD for hiring him and not Wells. Calls Wells a run of the mill average college coach who’s in above his head. 3 out of his last 4 years at USU were losing ones.....

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » October 4th, 2020, 9:42 pm

I hope and still think he can turn it around. They could have won UT and KSU just as easily as lost and then everyone would be singing a completely different tune. This year is basically a mulligan anyways. TT actually (in my untrained eyes) look to be pretty talented and have some good players in place. Now if at this time next year things aren’t looking up, then he’s likely done.

One thing Wells seemed to always do was pull a few rabbits out of his hat (BYU thrice, Boise) so I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins a couple unexpectedly. In fact, that’s what I was thinking during second half of UT game but then that felll a part quickly.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » October 4th, 2020, 9:52 pm

Wells and his staff are constantly ripped apart on all Red Raider fan forums. Patterson is the guy hated the most on those forums. On one hand, it is crazy to read many of the same complaints we had about Wells but on the other, TTU fans also seem a bit delusional about their program. I think having guys like Leach and Mahomes come through Lubbock have warped their sense of place in the Big12.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 4th, 2020, 10:04 pm

Aglicious wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 9:52 pm
Wells and his staff are constantly ripped apart on all Red Raider fan forums. Patterson is the guy hated the most on those forums. On one hand, it is crazy to read many of the same complaints we had about Wells but on the other, TTU fans also seem a bit delusional about their program. I think having guys like Leach and Mahomes come through Lubbock have warped their sense of place in the Big12.
It is a tough place to win. Tubberville had an undefeated season at Auburn yet couldn't win at Tech. Kingsbury was hired by the Arizona Cardinals, but never had a big 12 winning season at tech. Patrick Mahomes was 13-16 as a starter at Tech. Certainly not his fault with how bad their defense was, but it does show how difficult it is to win at Tech that they couldn't even win games with Mahomes.

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » October 4th, 2020, 11:29 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 9:42 pm
I hope and still think he can turn it around. They could have won UT and KSU just as easily as lost and then everyone would be singing a completely different tune. This year is basically a mulligan anyways. TT actually (in my untrained eyes) look to be pretty talented and have some good players in place. Now if at this time next year things aren’t looking up, then he’s likely done.

One thing Wells seemed to always do was pull a few rabbits out of his hat (BYU thrice, Boise) so I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins a couple unexpectedly. In fact, that’s what I was thinking during second half of UT game but then that felll a part quickly.
Not if any of those games are close.
These users thanked the author OrangeCountyAggie for the post:
Sl7vk

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » October 6th, 2020, 3:41 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 9:10 pm
GaryTakeTheWheel wrote:
Wells isn't having a great time: https://wreckemred.com/2020/10/03/texas ... eadership/
Yeah. There’s another article on wreckem that blames the AD for hiring him and not Wells. Calls Wells a run of the mill average college coach who’s in above his head. 3 out of his last 4 years at USU were losing ones.....
Here's a quote from that article which is spot on: Honestly, the Wells we are seeing in Lubbock is the guy he was at Utah State. He’s proving to be a mediocre coach who is no more qualified to run a Big 12 program than his predecessor was.

Thus, we shouldn’t be angry at Wells. That’s like being angry at water for being wet. He is what he is (a run of the mill college coach) and he can’t be blamed for that.

Ouch...

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 7th, 2020, 10:45 pm

RigAggie wrote:
October 6th, 2020, 3:41 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
October 4th, 2020, 9:10 pm
GaryTakeTheWheel wrote:
Here's a quote from that article which is spot on: Honestly, the Wells we are seeing in Lubbock is the guy he was at Utah State. He’s proving to be a mediocre coach who is no more qualified to run a Big 12 program than his predecessor was.

Thus, we shouldn’t be angry at Wells. That’s like being angry at water for being wet. He is what he is (a run of the mill college coach) and he can’t be blamed for that.

Ouch...
If you think that is bad you should see what was said about Gary during his Oregon State tenure.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » October 8th, 2020, 7:59 am

Why doesn't everyone wait to see how Shelley performs in a few games? At this point, the argument seems a bit useless.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post:
sam tingey

Locked Previous topicNext topic