Colombi Transferring

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Intermeddler

Re: Colombi Transferring

Post by Intermeddler » July 15th, 2020, 5:47 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:44 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:40 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:39 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:35 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:24 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:21 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:19 pm
Well I guess that Henry, and or the staff did not think he was as good as Shelley, maybe they both thought that.

The most popular player on the team is the backup Q.B. as far as the fans go. Noone here know just how good Henry would have been, because he only played as a mop up Q.B.
Gary hasn’t been honest to the Colombi’s ever since he got here. This transfer is more about integrity than it is playing time.
So did the Colombi's expect a iron clad agreement that he was going to start ?
You keep beating this horse like Gary's approach and treatment of the situation is irrelevant. Would you stick around for a coach you couldn't trust?
You are asking me to make judgement as to what was said that neither you or I know about.
Half of what you said is right, half is wrong. Guess which half is which.
So you were there for all conversations between the staff, and Henry, also keep in mind that Bodie Reeder is part of the equation.
There are more people than that involved. This has been in the works for awhile and isn't about one conversation.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » July 15th, 2020, 5:48 pm

slcagg wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:10 pm
The locker room is already a mess for other reasons pertaining to a certain previous tweet scandal. I'd get out too.

That said, I think Shelley is as good as Columbi and I also think we'll suck this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s not why he transferred though. And are you 100%sure the locker room is a mess or just speculation?
I'm sure.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » July 15th, 2020, 5:49 pm

I thought he was a competitor. I'll take heat for this, but this makes me lose respect for the guy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author aceofspadeskb for the post:
sockpuppet

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » July 15th, 2020, 5:55 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:49 pm
I thought he was a competitor. I'll take heat for this, but this makes me lose respect for the guy.

The problem is, Gary doesn't bring Shelley in to ride the bench. Columbi wasn't Gary's guy like Shelley is. I don't blame HC one bit, it was never going to be a true competition.

elcheque2

Post by elcheque2 » July 15th, 2020, 5:57 pm

Colombi is going to light it up at some P5 school. This was a complete bungle by Gary.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author elcheque2 for the post:
thegreendalegelf

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » July 15th, 2020, 5:59 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:37 pm
Aglicious wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:29 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:24 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:21 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:19 pm
Well I guess that Henry, and or the staff did not think he was as good as Shelley, maybe they both thought that.

The most popular player on the team is the backup Q.B. as far as the fans go. Noone here know just how good Henry would have been, because he only played as a mop up Q.B.
Gary hasn’t been honest to the Colombi’s ever since he got here. This transfer is more about integrity than it is playing time.
So did the Colombi's expect a iron clad agreement that he was going to start ?
Do you believe he was going to even be given an honest and fair shot at competing for the position?
Yes.
So a coach that has no recruiting ties to Henry and that has already established a pattern with his current team that he values transfers from his former team by making most of them starters or giving them significant PT as Aggies is suddenly going to bring in a guy from that former team at Henry's position for the sake of having a good ol' fashioned competition?

Not buying it.

Especially considering the fact that the Utes GA targeted last year were for positions of NEED. We needed a WR, TE, & LB/DE...these guys were brought in to contribute right away. We're not really in a position of need at QB, in fact it was already pretty crowded at that spot so to bring in another player at this point can't be just to throw another guy into the mix. He was brought in with intention and purpose, just like the other Ute transfers were. The writing was on the wall for Colombi - there was going to be no real open competition.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » July 15th, 2020, 6:00 pm

elcheque2 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:57 pm
Colombi is going to light it up at some P5 school. This was a complete bungle by Gary.

Let's pump the brakes a bit.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post (total 2):
oleblu111918AGG

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » July 15th, 2020, 6:04 pm

Best of luck
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
oleblu111

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » July 15th, 2020, 6:07 pm

I must say that I'm stunned at the level of knowledge on this board, people know all the inside info, between players and staff, we know that he will light it up at some P-5 school, despite the fact that he ended up at USU in the first place.

I guess to catch up with you folks I should ask my source that actually is in the locker room what is going on

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » July 15th, 2020, 6:14 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:07 pm
I must say that I'm stunned at the level of knowledge on this board, people know all the inside info, between players and staff, we know that he will light it up at some P-5 school, despite the fact that he ended up at USU in the first place.

I guess to catch up with you folks I should ask my source that actually is in the locker room what is going on
This entire day has shown you know nothing. Sorry you got caught with your pants down. Now can we get back to your regularly scheduled posts about how poor and cheap all our alumni are? I also like the ones where you threaten to stop supporting the program, as if any of us care at all.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
ShowMeAggie

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » July 15th, 2020, 6:17 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:07 pm

This entire day has shown you know nothing. Sorry you got caught with your pants down. Now can we get back to your regularly scheduled posts about how poor and cheap all our alumni are? I also like the ones where you threaten to stop supporting the program, as if any of us care at all.
Ha ha. Best post on the board in a long time.

These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
YoungBloodAggieShowMeAggie

elcheque2

Post by elcheque2 » July 15th, 2020, 6:25 pm

AgMac wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:00 pm
elcheque2 wrote:

on which part?

My belief that Columbi is going to do exceed at another school? Many people have mentioned that he's only played garbage time, but my gosh, even with his stats being in garbage time, they are quite impressive. Not only that but he got to spend 2 years learning from and watching an NFL bound QB and 2 years learning from one of the best QB coaches in the country (Yost). He has all the tools and experience he needs to indeed "light it up" at any school he chooses to go to, and no doubt he will have an impressive list of suitors...

....or that Gary made a mistake by pissing off his starting QB who had earned his right to be in his position, by bringing in a QB (who couldn't even crack top 3 at his former school) to "compete" with him about 60 days before the season starts?

I don't exactly think either of my opinions are that far fetched, but that's just me. Time will tell. I hope Shelley can come in and light it up here.
These users thanked the author elcheque2 for the post:
JSHarvey

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » July 15th, 2020, 6:31 pm

I guess we will see him at Texas Tech.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » July 15th, 2020, 6:39 pm

I feel bad for the kid. Waited patiently for multiple years and was told it would be his team just to have the coach grab another QB at the last minute. Tbh, I would lose respect for my coach if he did that and want out.
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post (total 2):
thegreendalegelfJSHarvey

AgMac

Post by AgMac » July 15th, 2020, 6:45 pm

elcheque2 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:25 pm
AgMac wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:00 pm
elcheque2 wrote:

on which part?

My belief that Columbi is going to do exceed at another school? Many people have mentioned that he's only played garbage time, but my gosh, even with his stats being in garbage time, they are quite impressive. Not only that but he got to spend 2 years learning from and watching an NFL bound QB and 2 years learning from one of the best QB coaches in the country (Yost). He has all the tools and experience he needs to indeed "light it up" at any school he chooses to go to, and no doubt he will have an impressive list of suitors...

....or that Gary made a mistake by pissing off his starting QB who had earned his right to be in his position, by bringing in a QB (who couldn't even crack top 3 at his former school) to "compete" with him about 60 days before the season starts?

I don't exactly think either of my opinions are that far fetched, but that's just me. Time will tell. I hope Shelley can come in and light it up here.
Both. And I'm speaking as someone who was really excited for Columbi (see my history of posts).

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » July 15th, 2020, 6:46 pm

A few thoughts

1. This bums me out, but doesn't surprise after the Shelley announcement. I was really looking forward to seeing Colombi run the team.

2. None of us is in the locker room but we have a person in our community that is close to someone that is. Her son made a public comment in strong support of Colombi just a day or two ago. That gives me an idea or team support for HC.

3. There are both short term and long term implications of this. On the short term, team chemistry could certainly be affected, as has been said. In the long term, we have alienated a very pro-USU family, one of which is a high school FB coach in one of the hotbeds of college recruiting. A guy with a lot of connections, from the sounds of it. This guy was pushing USU football a lot in Texas.

4. All the drama caused by this move will only hurt because there is not going to be football this year. The implications will last a long time, though. This seems like a short-sighted move, at best.

5. I know absolutely nothing.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
JSHarvey

Eutaw St. Aggie

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » July 15th, 2020, 6:56 pm

Yossarian wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:46 pm
A few thoughts

1. This bums me out, but doesn't surprise after the Shelley announcement. I was really looking forward to seeing Colombi run the team.

2. None of us is in the locker room but we have a person in our community that is close to someone that is. Her son made a public comment in strong support of Colombi just a day or two ago. That gives me an idea or team support for HC.

3. There are both short term and long term implications of this. On the short term, team chemistry could certainly be affected, as has been said. In the long term, we have alienated a very pro-USU family, one of which is a high school FB coach in one of the hotbeds of college recruiting. A guy with a lot of connections, from the sounds of it. This guy was pushing USU football a lot in Texas.

4. All the drama caused by this move will only hurt because there is not going to be football this year. The implications will last a long time, though. This seems like a short-sighted move, at best.

Are you referring to lil ole meeeee???
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 2):
USU78aggies22

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » July 15th, 2020, 6:58 pm

taniataylor wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:56 pm
Yossarian wrote:
A few thoughts

I wasn't going to out anyone. I don't name names.

P.s.

I would, however, be very interested in your opinion here.
Last edited by Yossarian on July 15th, 2020, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eutaw St. Aggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » July 15th, 2020, 6:59 pm

Good luck to Henri. He was class act. Not sure what to think about Shelley. He was the 12th rated dual threat QB coming out of high school. It is clear GA and Bodie want a running QB. Not much to do now but to to support Shelley and hope that Gary knows what he is doing. Go Aggies

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » July 15th, 2020, 7:03 pm

Yossarian wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 6:58 pm
taniataylor wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
A few thoughts

P.s.

This really fu$$in sucks!! H3 earned this job!!!! But he IS GOING TO BE ABSOLUTELY FINE!!
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 4):
USU78bluegrouseaggies22JSHarvey

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » July 15th, 2020, 7:07 pm

taniataylor wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:03 pm
Yossarian wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
A few thoughts

P.s.

This really fu$$in sucks!! H3 earned this job!!!! But he IS GOING TO BE ABSOLUTELY FINE!!
Yes - it does suck.

I'm assuming he has a landing spot somewhere.

Lubbock?
Houston?
Dallas?
Waco?
College Station?

Eutaw St. Aggie

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » July 15th, 2020, 7:12 pm

Yossarian wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:07 pm
taniataylor wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
A few thoughts

P.s.

Yes - it does suck.

Lubbock?
Houston?
Dallas?
Waco?
College Station?
:anonymous:

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » July 15th, 2020, 7:14 pm

Yossarian wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
A few thoughts

P.s.

Yes - it does suck.

Lubbock?
Houston?
Dallas?
Waco?
College Station?
Just so we’re on the same page, Colombi is from Florida and his father coaches high school football in Florida.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
aggies22

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » July 15th, 2020, 7:22 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:14 pm
Yossarian wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
A few thoughts

P.s.

Yes - it does suck.

Lubbock?
Houston?
Dallas?
Waco?
College Station?
Just so we’re on the same page, Colombi is from Florida and his father coaches high school football in Florida.
Yes I knew that. That's why I listed cities in Florida.

Seriously, though. I was confusing him with a different player in Texas. That is my bad. Thanks for the correction. The thought remains, though. There are long-term ramifications at play here.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 2):
YoungBloodAggieAndroidAggie

Eutaw St. Aggie

SwaggieAggie

Post by SwaggieAggie » July 15th, 2020, 8:00 pm

2004AG wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:55 pm
aceofspadeskb wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 5:49 pm

The problem is, Gary doesn't bring Shelley in to ride the bench. Columbi wasn't Gary's guy like Shelley is. I don't blame HC one bit, it was never going to be a true competition.
I’d leave too. He was behind Jordan Love for two years and when it was finally his opportunity Gary brings in his guy. You only have so many years of eligibility.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » July 15th, 2020, 8:05 pm

I really can’t fathom how Gary thought this was a good idea.

I hope Henry kills it wherever he ends up. He was truly done wrong here. I hope Gary can appreciate how big of a bungle this was. The time to have brought in Shelley was in the spring if it had to happen.

I echo Quack’s earlier post though—we’re most assuredly gonna suck this year (if there is one). I’d almost prefer there wasn’t a season at this point.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » July 15th, 2020, 8:07 pm

I have been among the most vehement Of those not wanting GA back, but I am with him on this one. One always tries to get talent when available. There are injuries, remember having to start 4th string Kent Myers a few years back.

Columbi must figure Shelley is better than him if he doesn’t have the “eggs” to fight for his job. With that outlook, odds are he could melt in a tight situation.

I still can’t believe GA was brought in over Jay Hill, and do not expect a very good season.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » July 15th, 2020, 8:11 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:07 pm
I have been among the most vehement Of those not wanting GA back, but I am with him on this one. One always tries to get talent when available. There are injuries, remember having to start 4th string Kent Myers a few years back.

Columbi must figure Shelley is better than him if he doesn’t have the “eggs” to fight for his job. With that outlook, odds are he could melt in a tight situation.

I still can’t believe GA was brought in over Jay Hill, and do not expect a very good season.
No he does not believe that!

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » July 15th, 2020, 8:15 pm

taniataylor wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:11 pm
Jjoey52 wrote:

Shelley looks very athletic, but seems to have an inaccurate noodle arm in every highlight I’ve seen. I was totally expecting Colombi to beat him out.

I’m sick of picking up Utah’s scraps just because Gary can’t recruit even as well as Wells otherwise (sorry, but the truth; our class was junk this year compared to Wells’ last few classes).

It won’t be long until there are numerous posts on this board longing for the halcyon days of Matt Wells. Book it.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
taniataylorJjoey52

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » July 15th, 2020, 8:17 pm

taniataylor wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:

I guess I am just too much old school. If someone is brought in, that would bring out the competitor in me, rather than Just giving it up Without a fight.
These users thanked the author Jjoey52 for the post (total 2):
oleblu111sockpuppet

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » July 15th, 2020, 8:20 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:15 pm
taniataylor wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:

Shelley looks very athletic, but seems to have an inaccurate noodle arm in every highlight I’ve seen. I was totally expecting Colombi to beat him out.

I’m sick of picking up Utah’s scraps just because Gary can’t recruit even as well as Wells otherwise (sorry, but the truth; our class was junk this year compared to Wells’ last few classes).

It won’t be long until there are numerous posts on this board longing for the halcyon days of Matt Wells. Book it.
Sheesh. Chill.

I trust GA. After all w/o his Utah boys last year we wouldn’t have even went to a bowl game and likely only won 2-3 games imo. I wish someone who knows more would give us the whole story.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » July 15th, 2020, 8:22 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:17 pm
taniataylor wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:

I guess I am just too much old school. If someone is brought in, that would bring out the competitor in me, rather than Just giving it up Without a fight.
I get that, but I would transfer too if I was slapped in the face with a guy who has 1 yr left to play and Ive put in alot of blood, sweat & more sweat to only get the short end. Henry has always held his head high and patiently waited - where is the loyalty?

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » July 15th, 2020, 8:26 pm

I thought Shelley has 2 years remaining of eligibility?

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » July 15th, 2020, 8:29 pm

Elkaggie wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:20 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:15 pm
taniataylor wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:

Sheesh. Chill.

I trust GA. After all w/o his Utah boys last year we wouldn’t have even went to a bowl game and likely only won 2-3 games imo. I wish someone who knows more would give us the whole story.
Plenty of people who do know a lot have given the broad brush strokes of the whole story in this thread.

Frankly, no facts beyond bringing in a P5 transfer 60 days before the season are needed to know this absolutely stinks and is a totally messed up choice by our coaching staff. Sorry, but that’s the truth.

This is part of a pattern of really bad decision-making by GA that has plagued him his entire coaching career.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 15th, 2020, 8:40 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 8:26 pm
I thought Shelley has 2 years remaining of eligibility?
He does
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22

Locked Previous topicNext topic