Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
Aggiedude12
Troll
Posts: 11
Joined: February 12th, 2020, 9:04 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Aggiedude12 » June 24th, 2020, 9:06 am

https://fifthquarter.net/analysis/2020/ ... /#comments

They make the point that it is probably the game that decides our bowl eligibility late in the year. I think I'd still call Boise/AFA our most important game, but the CSU game is likely one that we need for a bowl game.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by aggies22 » June 24th, 2020, 9:51 am

Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 9:06 am
https://fifthquarter.net/analysis/2020/ ... /#comments

They make the point that it is probably the game that decides our bowl eligibility late in the year. I think I'd still call Boise/AFA our most important game, but the CSU game is likely one that we need for a bowl game.
It's a good thing they suck, so we don't have anything to worry about.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AggiesForever



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8969
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 451 times
Been thanked: 299 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by ViAggie » June 24th, 2020, 9:53 am

even when they are bad, they always play us tough as nails, see 2018 as exhibit A.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
Aggiedude12


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie19
Posts: 632
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Aggie19 » June 24th, 2020, 10:07 am

aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 9:51 am
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 9:06 am
https://fifthquarter.net/analysis/2020/ ... /#comments

They make the point that it is probably the game that decides our bowl eligibility late in the year. I think I'd still call Boise/AFA our most important game, but the CSU game is likely one that we need for a bowl game.
It's a good thing they suck, so we don't have anything to worry about.
According to your colleagues over at 247, we suck too, so they might be our biggest game. Set them straight 22! :)

Way Too Early Bowl Projections:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 93250/Amp/

MWC Bowl Predictions:
Potato Bowl
Miami University vs. Air Force 

Los Angeles Bowl
San Diego State vs. Arizona State

Arizona Bowl
Northern Illinois vs. Nevada

New Mexico Bowl
BYU vs. Fresno State

Frisco Bowl
FAU vs. Wyoming

Hawai’i Bowl
Western Kentucky vs. Hawaii

Orange Bowl
Miami vs. Boise State



Others of Interest:
Las Vegas Bowl
South Carolina vs. Utah
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post (total 3):
Aggiedude12aggies22AZ4AggieNation


Go Aggies!

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by aggies22 » June 24th, 2020, 10:25 am

Aggie19 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 10:07 am
aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 9:51 am
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 9:06 am
https://fifthquarter.net/analysis/2020/ ... /#comments

They make the point that it is probably the game that decides our bowl eligibility late in the year. I think I'd still call Boise/AFA our most important game, but the CSU game is likely one that we need for a bowl game.
It's a good thing they suck, so we don't have anything to worry about.
According to your colleagues over at 247, we suck too, so they might be our biggest game. Set them straight 22! :)

Way Too Early Bowl Projections:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports. ... 93250/Amp/

MWC Bowl Predictions:
Potato Bowl
Miami University vs. Air Force 

Los Angeles Bowl
San Diego State vs. Arizona State

Arizona Bowl
Northern Illinois vs. Nevada

New Mexico Bowl
BYU vs. Fresno State

Frisco Bowl
FAU vs. Wyoming

Hawai’i Bowl
Western Kentucky vs. Hawaii

Orange Bowl
Miami vs. Boise State



Others of Interest:
Las Vegas Bowl
South Carolina vs. Utah
I'm guessing this dude took his queue from ESPN's ridiculous FPI ratings that have us slated to be worse than New Mexico by a fairly good margin (12%). Being worse than New Mexico is just plain asinine and won't happen. The FPI coming out last Friday and this coming out yesterday is too coincidental. This is what happens when you allow ESPN to do your homework for you.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
Aggie19AZ4AggieNation



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1812
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 669 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by JSHarvey » June 24th, 2020, 11:15 am

Assuming the season and bowl games are played I would very very surprised if USU doesn't make a bowl game.
Last edited by JSHarvey on June 24th, 2020, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

Aggie19
Posts: 632
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Aggie19 » June 24th, 2020, 11:23 am

JSHarvey wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:15 am
Assuming the season and bowl games are played I would very very surprised if USU doesn't make a bowel game.
That'd be a real (I can't express myself without swearing) show. 🤣 Sorry, I know, couldn't resist.


Go Aggies!

User avatar
Aggiedude12
Troll
Posts: 11
Joined: February 12th, 2020, 9:04 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Aggiedude12 » June 24th, 2020, 11:48 am

JSHarvey wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:15 am
Assuming the season and bowl games are played I would very very surprised if USU doesn't make a bowel game.
While I like to be optimistic, we have a very difficult opening stretch in our schedule. Starting with Wazzu, SUU, Washington, BYU, SDSU, and Boise could put us at 1-5. I personally expect to steal 1 of Wazzu/BYU/SDSU games and start 2-4. At that point we have to finish 4-2 against: UNM, Nevada, Wyoming, Fresno, CSU, and AFA. AFA might be the conferences best team, so I'll chalk that up as an L. We'd have to go 4-1 against the other 5. While its possible, I think Nevada and Wyoming will both have better squads than us next year.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by aggies22 » June 24th, 2020, 12:07 pm

Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:48 am
JSHarvey wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:15 am
Assuming the season and bowl games are played I would very very surprised if USU doesn't make a bowel game.
While I like to be optimistic, we have a very difficult opening stretch in our schedule. Starting with Wazzu, SUU, Washington, BYU, SDSU, and Boise could put us at 1-5. I personally expect to steal 1 of Wazzu/BYU/SDSU games and start 2-4. At that point we have to finish 4-2 against UNM, Nevada, Wyoming, Fresno, CSU, and AFA. AFA might be the conferences best team, so I'll chalk that up as an L. We'd have to go 4-1 against the other 5. While it's possible, I think Nevada and Wyoming will both have better squads than us next year.
Wyoming has never really been an offensive juggernaut under Craig Bohl. They've always hung their hat on defense. Washington State gutted the defensive staff of Wyoming. New Mexico is breaking in a completely new staff as well. If others are going to pretend that we don't know what to expect from the Aggies and their two new schemes, then Wyoming and New Mexico fall under that same umbrella. We made Air Force and byu look like All-Americans last year and I expect different outcomes this season.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
NavyBlueAggie



User avatar
Aggiedude12
Troll
Posts: 11
Joined: February 12th, 2020, 9:04 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Aggiedude12 » June 24th, 2020, 12:10 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:48 am
JSHarvey wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:15 am
Assuming the season and bowl games are played I would very very surprised if USU doesn't make a bowel game.
While I like to be optimistic, we have a very difficult opening stretch in our schedule. Starting with Wazzu, SUU, Washington, BYU, SDSU, and Boise could put us at 1-5. I personally expect to steal 1 of Wazzu/BYU/SDSU games and start 2-4. At that point we have to finish 4-2 against UNM, Nevada, Wyoming, Fresno, CSU, and AFA. AFA might be the conferences best team, so I'll chalk that up as an L. We'd have to go 4-1 against the other 5. While it's possible, I think Nevada and Wyoming will both have better squads than us next year.
Wyoming has never really been an offensive juggernaut under Craig Bohl. They've always hung their hat on defense. Washington State gutted the defensive staff of Wyoming. New Mexico is breaking in a completely new staff as well. If others are going to pretend that we don't know what to expect from the Aggies and their two new schemes, then Wyoming and New Mexico fall under that same umbrella. We made Air Force and byu look like All-Americans last year and I expect different outcomes this season.
I'm not sure we are in a position to expect different outcomes in those games with all the pieces that we lost. We had a 7-6 season last year with a roster that atleast on paper looks much better than our roster heading into this year. If I were to bet my house on the year I'd put a 5-7 stamp on it (Or, in reality, a 0-0 record)



Aggie19
Posts: 632
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Aggie19 » June 24th, 2020, 12:13 pm

Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:10 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:48 am
JSHarvey wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:15 am
Assuming the season and bowl games are played I would very very surprised if USU doesn't make a bowel game.
While I like to be optimistic, we have a very difficult opening stretch in our schedule. Starting with Wazzu, SUU, Washington, BYU, SDSU, and Boise could put us at 1-5. I personally expect to steal 1 of Wazzu/BYU/SDSU games and start 2-4. At that point we have to finish 4-2 against UNM, Nevada, Wyoming, Fresno, CSU, and AFA. AFA might be the conferences best team, so I'll chalk that up as an L. We'd have to go 4-1 against the other 5. While it's possible, I think Nevada and Wyoming will both have better squads than us next year.
Wyoming has never really been an offensive juggernaut under Craig Bohl. They've always hung their hat on defense. Washington State gutted the defensive staff of Wyoming. New Mexico is breaking in a completely new staff as well. If others are going to pretend that we don't know what to expect from the Aggies and their two new schemes, then Wyoming and New Mexico fall under that same umbrella. We made Air Force and byu look like All-Americans last year and I expect different outcomes this season.
I'm not sure we are in a position to expect different outcomes in those games with all the pieces that we lost. We had a 7-6 season last year with a roster that atleast on paper looks much better than our roster heading into this year. If I were to bet my house on the year I'd put a 5-7 stamp on it (Or, in reality, a 0-0 record)
It sucks, but I also have us going 5-7. I think we have a rough start, then finish strong at 4-2 and ready to roll into 2021, where I think we'll make some noise.


Go Aggies!

User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1812
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 669 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by JSHarvey » June 24th, 2020, 12:19 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:23 am
JSHarvey wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:15 am
Assuming the season and bowl games are played I would very very surprised if USU doesn't make a bowel game.
That'd be a real (I can't express myself without swearing) show. 🤣 Sorry, I know, couldn't resist.
I need to proof read better! :-)
These users thanked the author JSHarvey for the post:
USU78


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

Yossarian
Posts: 3309
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 367 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Yossarian » June 24th, 2020, 12:19 pm

The most important game is always the next game. Don't you listen to coach-speak?

You have to win one game before you win two games. CSU doesn't mean any more or less than any other game.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 2):
sstrasserAZ4AggieNation



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by aggies22 » June 24th, 2020, 12:22 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:13 pm
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:10 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:48 am
JSHarvey wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:15 am
Assuming the season and bowl games are played I would very very surprised if USU doesn't make a bowel game.
While I like to be optimistic, we have a very difficult opening stretch in our schedule. Starting with Wazzu, SUU, Washington, BYU, SDSU, and Boise could put us at 1-5. I personally expect to steal 1 of Wazzu/BYU/SDSU games and start 2-4. At that point we have to finish 4-2 against UNM, Nevada, Wyoming, Fresno, CSU, and AFA. AFA might be the conferences best team, so I'll chalk that up as an L. We'd have to go 4-1 against the other 5. While it's possible, I think Nevada and Wyoming will both have better squads than us next year.
Wyoming has never really been an offensive juggernaut under Craig Bohl. They've always hung their hat on defense. Washington State gutted the defensive staff of Wyoming. New Mexico is breaking in a completely new staff as well. If others are going to pretend that we don't know what to expect from the Aggies and their two new schemes, then Wyoming and New Mexico fall under that same umbrella. We made Air Force and byu look like All-Americans last year and I expect different outcomes this season.
I'm not sure we are in a position to expect different outcomes in those games with all the pieces that we lost. We had a 7-6 season last year with a roster that atleast on paper looks much better than our roster heading into this year. If I were to bet my house on the year I'd put a 5-7 stamp on it (Or, in reality, a 0-0 record)
It sucks, but I also have us going 5-7. I think we have a rough start, then finish strong at 4-2 and ready to roll into 2021, where I think we'll make some noise.
It's cool to agree to disagree. I think the return to a much more successful defensive scheme will make a world of difference for us in 2020.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Aggie19



Aggie19
Posts: 632
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 423 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Aggie19 » June 24th, 2020, 12:27 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:22 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:13 pm
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:10 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:48 am
JSHarvey wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:15 am
Assuming the season and bowl games are played I would very very surprised if USU doesn't make a bowel game.
While I like to be optimistic, we have a very difficult opening stretch in our schedule. Starting with Wazzu, SUU, Washington, BYU, SDSU, and Boise could put us at 1-5. I personally expect to steal 1 of Wazzu/BYU/SDSU games and start 2-4. At that point we have to finish 4-2 against UNM, Nevada, Wyoming, Fresno, CSU, and AFA. AFA might be the conferences best team, so I'll chalk that up as an L. We'd have to go 4-1 against the other 5. While it's possible, I think Nevada and Wyoming will both have better squads than us next year.
Wyoming has never really been an offensive juggernaut under Craig Bohl. They've always hung their hat on defense. Washington State gutted the defensive staff of Wyoming. New Mexico is breaking in a completely new staff as well. If others are going to pretend that we don't know what to expect from the Aggies and their two new schemes, then Wyoming and New Mexico fall under that same umbrella. We made Air Force and byu look like All-Americans last year and I expect different outcomes this season.
I'm not sure we are in a position to expect different outcomes in those games with all the pieces that we lost. We had a 7-6 season last year with a roster that atleast on paper looks much better than our roster heading into this year. If I were to bet my house on the year I'd put a 5-7 stamp on it (Or, in reality, a 0-0 record)
It sucks, but I also have us going 5-7. I think we have a rough start, then finish strong at 4-2 and ready to roll into 2021, where I think we'll make some noise.
It's cool to agree to disagree. I think the return to a much more successful defensive scheme will make a world of difference for us in 2020.
While I agree that long term, yes, it will make us better. With the change in scheme, weird summer and tough starting schedule, I think it takes us some time to adjust and hit our stride.


Go Aggies!

User avatar
Aggiedude12
Troll
Posts: 11
Joined: February 12th, 2020, 9:04 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Aggiedude12 » June 24th, 2020, 12:31 pm

Yossarian wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:19 pm
The most important game is always the next game. Don't you listen to coach-speak?

You have to win one game before you win two games. CSU doesn't mean any more or less than any other game.
While true, the offseason would be incredibly boring if we were only allowed to talk about our week 1 opponent.



Yossarian
Posts: 3309
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 367 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Yossarian » June 24th, 2020, 12:35 pm

Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:31 pm
Yossarian wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:19 pm
The most important game is always the next game. Don't you listen to coach-speak?

You have to win one game before you win two games. CSU doesn't mean any more or less than any other game.
While true, the offseason would be incredibly boring if we were only allowed to talk about our week 1 opponent.
This offseason we have the added excitement and riveting discussion of whether we will have a football season or not. And if we do, how many people get to see it live. That dwarfs the discussion of a single game.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1833
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 525 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Aggie84025 » June 24th, 2020, 1:08 pm

For me our most important game is Washington State. Home game against a team that will have a new QB just like us, but will also have a brand new coaching staff. Not sure if they were able to have spring ball, but I am guessing no. This seems like a game that we can compete in and win. If we win this it could springboard the teams confidence. Also to me all the home games are our most important games. In order to get to bowl eligibility we need to win a majority of those.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 3):
aggies22sstrasserJSHarvey



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by aggies22 » June 24th, 2020, 1:09 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:27 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:22 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:13 pm
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:10 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:48 am
JSHarvey wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:15 am
Assuming the season and bowl games are played I would very very surprised if USU doesn't make a bowel game.
While I like to be optimistic, we have a very difficult opening stretch in our schedule. Starting with Wazzu, SUU, Washington, BYU, SDSU, and Boise could put us at 1-5. I personally expect to steal 1 of Wazzu/BYU/SDSU games and start 2-4. At that point we have to finish 4-2 against UNM, Nevada, Wyoming, Fresno, CSU, and AFA. AFA might be the conferences best team, so I'll chalk that up as an L. We'd have to go 4-1 against the other 5. While it's possible, I think Nevada and Wyoming will both have better squads than us next year.
Wyoming has never really been an offensive juggernaut under Craig Bohl. They've always hung their hat on defense. Washington State gutted the defensive staff of Wyoming. New Mexico is breaking in a completely new staff as well. If others are going to pretend that we don't know what to expect from the Aggies and their two new schemes, then Wyoming and New Mexico fall under that same umbrella. We made Air Force and byu look like All-Americans last year and I expect different outcomes this season.
I'm not sure we are in a position to expect different outcomes in those games with all the pieces that we lost. We had a 7-6 season last year with a roster that atleast on paper looks much better than our roster heading into this year. If I were to bet my house on the year I'd put a 5-7 stamp on it (Or, in reality, a 0-0 record)
It sucks, but I also have us going 5-7. I think we have a rough start, then finish strong at 4-2 and ready to roll into 2021, where I think we'll make some noise.
It's cool to agree to disagree. I think the return to a much more successful defensive scheme will make a world of difference for us in 2020.
While I agree that long term, yes, it will make us better. With the change in scheme, weird summer and tough starting schedule, I think it takes us some time to adjust and hit our stride.
Remember everyone else is going through the "weird summer". I'm not saying we're going undefeated. I'm just saying I think we'll be better than what is being predicted.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AZ4AggieNation



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by aggies22 » June 24th, 2020, 1:10 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:08 pm
For me our most important game is Washington State. Home game against a team that will have a new QB just like us, but will also have a brand new coaching staff. Not sure if they were able to have spring ball, but I am guessing no. This seems like a game that we can compete in and win. If we win this it could springboard the teams confidence. Also to me all the home games are our most important games. In order to get to bowl eligibility we need to win a majority of those.
You make a good point my Aggie brother. Washington State also has a history of overlooking opponents.



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 693
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 484 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by thegreendalegelf » June 24th, 2020, 1:17 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 1:09 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:27 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:22 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:13 pm
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:10 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:07 pm
Aggiedude12 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:48 am
JSHarvey wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:15 am
Assuming the season and bowl games are played I would very very surprised if USU doesn't make a bowel game.
While I like to be optimistic, we have a very difficult opening stretch in our schedule. Starting with Wazzu, SUU, Washington, BYU, SDSU, and Boise could put us at 1-5. I personally expect to steal 1 of Wazzu/BYU/SDSU games and start 2-4. At that point we have to finish 4-2 against UNM, Nevada, Wyoming, Fresno, CSU, and AFA. AFA might be the conferences best team, so I'll chalk that up as an L. We'd have to go 4-1 against the other 5. While it's possible, I think Nevada and Wyoming will both have better squads than us next year.
Wyoming has never really been an offensive juggernaut under Craig Bohl. They've always hung their hat on defense. Washington State gutted the defensive staff of Wyoming. New Mexico is breaking in a completely new staff as well. If others are going to pretend that we don't know what to expect from the Aggies and their two new schemes, then Wyoming and New Mexico fall under that same umbrella. We made Air Force and byu look like All-Americans last year and I expect different outcomes this season.
I'm not sure we are in a position to expect different outcomes in those games with all the pieces that we lost. We had a 7-6 season last year with a roster that atleast on paper looks much better than our roster heading into this year. If I were to bet my house on the year I'd put a 5-7 stamp on it (Or, in reality, a 0-0 record)
It sucks, but I also have us going 5-7. I think we have a rough start, then finish strong at 4-2 and ready to roll into 2021, where I think we'll make some noise.
It's cool to agree to disagree. I think the return to a much more successful defensive scheme will make a world of difference for us in 2020.
While I agree that long term, yes, it will make us better. With the change in scheme, weird summer and tough starting schedule, I think it takes us some time to adjust and hit our stride.
Remember everyone else is going through the "weird summer". I'm not saying we're going undefeated. I'm just saying I think we'll be better than what is being predicted.
Yup with this weird summer, I think early season especially is going to come down to what programs are most disciplined in their workouts away from the coaching staff. If our team was more focused and disciplined throughout this entire thing while working out from home, we will have a great shot. But if players were lazy in their nutrition, work outs, etc. then we are going to have a really bad start and that is going to lead to a rough season. Fingers crossed.
These users thanked the author thegreendalegelf for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff
Posts: 1945
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 178 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by AggiesForever » June 24th, 2020, 3:01 pm

I believe we'll be 7-5 and it won't even be close. This will lead into an awesome 2021 where we'll have the chance to look like 2018 all over again!



User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2416
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 217 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by OKAggie » June 24th, 2020, 3:18 pm

AggiesForever wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 3:01 pm
I believe we'll be 7-5 and it won't even be close. This will lead into an awesome 2021 where we'll have the chance to look like 2018 all over again!
Show your work, please.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post:
Aggiedude12


Nobody here knows anything.

User avatar
sambonethegreat
Posts: 942
Joined: September 5th, 2012, 6:00 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by sambonethegreat » June 24th, 2020, 5:33 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:For me our most important game is Washington State. Home game against a team that will have a new QB just like us, but will also have a brand new coaching staff. Not sure if they were able to have spring ball, but I am guessing no. This seems like a game that we can compete in and win. If we win this it could springboard the teams confidence. Also to me all the home games are our most important games. In order to get to bowl eligibility we need to win a majority of those.
They didn’t get a single Spring practice in. I like the matchup for the Aggies because of that.


https://mwwire.com/2020/05/28/utah-stat ... ton-state/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



User avatar
sambonethegreat
Posts: 942
Joined: September 5th, 2012, 6:00 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by sambonethegreat » June 24th, 2020, 5:35 pm

OKAggie wrote:
AggiesForever wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 3:01 pm
I believe we'll be 7-5 and it won't even be close. This will lead into an awesome 2021 where we'll have the chance to look like 2018 all over again!
Show your work, please.
I’m gonna guess:

Wazzou
SUU
BYU
Nevada
Fresno State
New Mexico
Colorado State


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15742
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by QuackAttackAggie » June 24th, 2020, 8:13 pm

sambonethegreat wrote:
OKAggie wrote:
AggiesForever wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 3:01 pm
I believe we'll be 7-5 and it won't even be close. This will lead into an awesome 2021 where we'll have the chance to look like 2018 all over again!
Show your work, please.
I’m gonna guess:

Wazzou
SUU
BYU
Nevada
Fresno State
New Mexico
Colorado State


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We lose 2-3 of those imo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2754
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 531 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by YoungBloodAggie » June 24th, 2020, 11:06 pm

We have caught Wazzu and Washington at as good a time as any. Really hoping we can split both Wazzu-UDub, and BYU-Boise. If we can go 2-2 in those four games, I think 8-4 is a real possibility. @WYO is going to be tough, as will be vsAFA.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
AZ4AggieNation


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 2789
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 591 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by ineptimusprime » June 24th, 2020, 11:58 pm

I have no idea what to expect, but I don’t have a good feeling about this season. The Wazzu game should tell us a lot, IMO.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5296
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 423 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Aglicious » June 25th, 2020, 10:06 am

I think 7 is the floor. I believe people are underestimating how much experience we have returning compared to last year. Like others, I expect the defense to be improved simply due to scheme but also because of personnel and depth. I also think we'll see an improved offense too though. Love was great and talented but our entire offense was structured around his skill set. Once Warren became injured and we no longer had the double headed RB attack we became even less dimensional. I think we'll see a more balanced team approach on offense this season which will end up being more productive than one that was lead by a star individual.

7 wins should be the floor for this program moving forward.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 2):
aggies22AZ4AggieNation



bwcrc
Posts: 166
Joined: November 7th, 2013, 12:24 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by bwcrc » June 25th, 2020, 10:42 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:58 pm
I have no idea what to expect, but I don’t have a good feeling about this season. The Wazzu game should tell us a lot, IMO.
This seems to be a constant comment, either for football or basketball, about how our next game will tell us a lot of how the rest of the season will progress. The Wazzu game will provide some indication of whether our defensive issues from last season are being rectified. The offense might take another couple of weeks for any real indication of the scheming might work or not. It usually seems to take the offense a little longer to gel together.
These users thanked the author bwcrc for the post:
aggies22



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2754
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 531 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by YoungBloodAggie » June 25th, 2020, 11:05 am

bwcrc wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 10:42 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:58 pm
I have no idea what to expect, but I don’t have a good feeling about this season. The Wazzu game should tell us a lot, IMO.
This seems to be a constant comment, either for football or basketball, about how our next game will tell us a lot of how the rest of the season will progress. The Wazzu game will provide some indication of whether our defensive issues from last season are being rectified. The offense might take another couple of weeks for any real indication of the scheming might work or not. It usually seems to take the offense a little longer to gel together.
I was at our first game last year (Wake Forest), and our offense never looked better the rest of the season. Our defense looked terrible, then oscillated between great (SDSU, WYO) and horrendous (AFA, Kent State). Sometimes your first game doesn't tell you anything (close loss to Wake), and sometimes it tells you a bunch (close loss to Michigan State).


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9525
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4624 times
Been thanked: 2804 times
Contact:

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2020, 11:20 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 11:05 am
bwcrc wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 10:42 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 11:58 pm
I have no idea what to expect, but I don’t have a good feeling about this season. The Wazzu game should tell us a lot, IMO.
This seems to be a constant comment, either for football or basketball, about how our next game will tell us a lot of how the rest of the season will progress. The Wazzu game will provide some indication of whether our defensive issues from last season are being rectified. The offense might take another couple of weeks for any real indication of the scheming might work or not. It usually seems to take the offense a little longer to gel together.
I was at our first game last year (Wake Forest), and our offense never looked better the rest of the season. Our defense looked terrible, then oscillated between great (SDSU, WYO) and horrendous (AFA, Kent State). Sometimes your first game doesn't tell you anything (close loss to Wake), and sometimes it tells you a bunch (close loss to Michigan State).
In coaching circles, the saying is "you're only as good as your last four games." I've said this repeatedly, I believe that we will be better than most people are expecting.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AZ4AggieNation



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7611
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1391 times
Been thanked: 402 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by USU78 » June 25th, 2020, 11:42 am

2017 the offensive line was brand new for the most part and both it and the offense generally was pretty unspectacular.

2018 the offensive line was terrific (especially the center) with a senior dominated group and one RS frosh starting.

2019 the RS frosh, now a Soph, had a sophomore slump season and the brand new guys in the other four positions were pretty unspectacular (especially the center).

2020 these guys might just gell, except I'm worried about the center spot. Both center specific skills and leadership are huge question marks.

If the line gells, the center spot relaxes into competence, and the still guys get on board with the new (old for us) system, we might just see something good like an 8 win season, which, to me, would be like return to the promised land for Andy 2.0 Aggiedom.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
NavyBlueAggieAZ4AggieNation


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Notatrueaggie
Posts: 52
Joined: September 4th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by Notatrueaggie » June 25th, 2020, 1:01 pm

Mark my words and at the end of the 2020 season, we either will be 10-2 or 9-3. YOU CAN BOOK IT
These users thanked the author Notatrueaggie for the post:
AZ4AggieNation



User avatar
sstrasser
Posts: 103
Joined: January 16th, 2018, 1:09 pm
Location: West Jordan, UT
Has thanked: 444 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Agree or Disagree? Column says that Colorado State is our 'Most Important Game' in 2020

Post by sstrasser » June 25th, 2020, 2:06 pm

Notatrueaggie wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 1:01 pm
Mark my words and at the end of the 2020 season, we either will be 10-2 or 9-3. YOU CAN BOOK IT
that is a bold statement from someone who is not a True Aggie! :lol:
These users thanked the author sstrasser for the post (total 2):
USU78aggies22



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic