I am starting to doubt it happens.....

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
lcrasmus
Posts: 1385
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:40 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by lcrasmus » June 22nd, 2020, 9:31 pm

Image


Seems that case loads in Europe are going to let their 440 million citizens get their economy up and running much faster than ours. With significantly less risk of spread.

Seems that something they did that we haven't has worked, and their economies are going to recover faster because of it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by lcrasmus on June 26th, 2020, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author lcrasmus for the post:
Sl7vk



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15751
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 576 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by QuackAttackAggie » June 22nd, 2020, 10:10 pm

lcrasmus wrote:Image


Seems that case loads in Europe are going to let their 440 million citizens get they're economy up and running much faster than ours. With significantly less risk of spread.

Seems that something they did that we haven't has worked, and their economies are going to recover faster because of it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If only some group of Americans in South Korea spent two months sending messages to DC about how it was being handled there and how we could prevent a national emergency if only we did the same before it got bad.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
Sl7vk



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6406
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by 2004AG » June 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm

Deaths are down 90% since the high in April.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
Machismo



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 9426
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 482 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by ViAggie » June 23rd, 2020, 12:05 am

Koooooewl!!!!


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Machismo
Posts: 3918
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has thanked: 447 times
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by Machismo » June 23rd, 2020, 6:59 am

2004AG wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm
Deaths are down 90% since the high in April.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEDIA IGNORES 90% CORONAVIRUS DEATH COLLAPSE IN COUNTRY

https://outkick.com/media-ignores-90-co ... n-country/

On Sunday a major positive milestone was reached for the first time, coronavirus deaths declined by 90% in this country from the high set on April 21st. That’s an incredibly positive story about our national battle with the virus. Yet, shockingly, it has received almost no media attention.

That’s indefensible because this is not complicated data to track down. You can see it yourself on this chart here, on April 21st 2,693 people died of the coronavirus. Yesterday 267 died. Putting that number into perspective, an average of 7200 people died on Sunday of something other than the coronavirus and those deaths received almost no media attention at all.
These users thanked the author Machismo for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13aggies22


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 958
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by El Sapo » June 23rd, 2020, 12:21 pm

Machismo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 6:59 am
2004AG wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm
Deaths are down 90% since the high in April.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEDIA IGNORES 90% CORONAVIRUS DEATH COLLAPSE IN COUNTRY

https://outkick.com/media-ignores-90-co ... n-country/

On Sunday a major positive milestone was reached for the first time, coronavirus deaths declined by 90% in this country from the high set on April 21st. That’s an incredibly positive story about our national battle with the virus. Yet, shockingly, it has received almost no media attention.

That’s indefensible because this is not complicated data to track down. You can see it yourself on this chart here, on April 21st 2,693 people died of the coronavirus. Yesterday 267 died. Putting that number into perspective, an average of 7200 people died on Sunday of something other than the coronavirus and those deaths received almost no media attention at all.
You guys above make a perfect example for my argument. Going to your political agenda for health information. Why not find credible information from an expert to help your opinion/decision on how to stay safe in this health crisis?

Clay Travis who wrote that article is not an epidemiologist or a medical professional of any kind. He’s a Nashville-based radio host and the mush of a little-watched gambling show on Fox Sports 1, the type of pundit who thinks politics and sports should be segregated unless it provides him an opportunity to rail against the “wokeness” of verified media members on Twitter.

https://theoutline.com/post/8857/clay-t ... i=lmsw6ynn

Fox News had to check themselves in the past because they were spreading dangerous miss-information on the virus, looks like Clay Travis was right in the middle of that mess.


“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6406
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by 2004AG » June 23rd, 2020, 2:53 pm

El Sapo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 12:21 pm
Machismo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 6:59 am
2004AG wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm
Deaths are down 90% since the high in April.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEDIA IGNORES 90% CORONAVIRUS DEATH COLLAPSE IN COUNTRY

https://outkick.com/media-ignores-90-co ... n-country/

On Sunday a major positive milestone was reached for the first time, coronavirus deaths declined by 90% in this country from the high set on April 21st. That’s an incredibly positive story about our national battle with the virus. Yet, shockingly, it has received almost no media attention.

That’s indefensible because this is not complicated data to track down. You can see it yourself on this chart here, on April 21st 2,693 people died of the coronavirus. Yesterday 267 died. Putting that number into perspective, an average of 7200 people died on Sunday of something other than the coronavirus and those deaths received almost no media attention at all.
You guys above make a perfect example for my argument. Going to your political agenda for health information. Why not find credible information from an expert to help your opinion/decision on how to stay safe in this health crisis?

Clay Travis who wrote that article is not an epidemiologist or a medical professional of any kind. He’s a Nashville-based radio host and the mush of a little-watched gambling show on Fox Sports 1, the type of pundit who thinks politics and sports should be segregated unless it provides him an opportunity to rail against the “wokeness” of verified media members on Twitter.

https://theoutline.com/post/8857/clay-t ... i=lmsw6ynn

Fox News had to check themselves in the past because they were spreading dangerous miss-information on the virus, looks like Clay Travis was right in the middle of that mess.
The 90% decline in the death rate is just a fact. You're the one making it political.



bpd
Posts: 1076
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 134 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by bpd » June 23rd, 2020, 3:22 pm

Yes, deaths are down and that is good, but it won't last that long. Why? Cases are up the last couple of weeks, hospitalizations are up, which means in about 2 weeks deaths will be up. The tiny bit of silver lining is that because younger people are getting sick, the death rate will probably not be as high, at least for now.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6406
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by 2004AG » June 23rd, 2020, 4:10 pm

bpd wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 3:22 pm
Yes, deaths are down and that is good, but it won't last that long. Why? Cases are up the last couple of weeks, hospitalizations are up, which means in about 2 weeks deaths will be up. The tiny bit of silver lining is that because younger people are getting sick, the death rate will probably not be as high, at least for now.
Hopefully older people and people with underlying health conditions are quarantining themselves and taking extra precautions, and its young, healthy people that are getting it. We shall see.

Again, we are going to have to learn how to manage it and learn to live with it because its not going away and we can't hide in our basements forever.
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21SwaggieAggie



BigSkyAG
Posts: 108
Joined: November 23rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by BigSkyAG » June 23rd, 2020, 4:22 pm

Political agenda? Hell, how many times has the esteemed Dr. Fauci changed his mind on masks, severity, longitudinal impact, etc.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2736
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 322 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 23rd, 2020, 4:24 pm

2004AG wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 4:10 pm
bpd wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 3:22 pm
Yes, deaths are down and that is good, but it won't last that long. Why? Cases are up the last couple of weeks, hospitalizations are up, which means in about 2 weeks deaths will be up. The tiny bit of silver lining is that because younger people are getting sick, the death rate will probably not be as high, at least for now.
Hopefully older people and people with underlying health conditions are quarantining themselves and taking extra precautions, and its young, healthy people that are getting it. We shall see.

Again, we are going to have to learn how to manage it and learn to live with it because its not going away and we can't hide in our basements forever.
Yeah we play on, but have limited crowds and have frequent testing of the athletes.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6406
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by 2004AG » June 23rd, 2020, 4:30 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 4:24 pm
2004AG wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 4:10 pm
bpd wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 3:22 pm
Yes, deaths are down and that is good, but it won't last that long. Why? Cases are up the last couple of weeks, hospitalizations are up, which means in about 2 weeks deaths will be up. The tiny bit of silver lining is that because younger people are getting sick, the death rate will probably not be as high, at least for now.
Hopefully older people and people with underlying health conditions are quarantining themselves and taking extra precautions, and its young, healthy people that are getting it. We shall see.

Again, we are going to have to learn how to manage it and learn to live with it because its not going away and we can't hide in our basements forever.
Yeah we play on, but have limited crowds and have frequent testing of the athletes.
Sure, I'm all in favor of taking extra precautions.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2736
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 322 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 23rd, 2020, 5:40 pm

2004AG wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 4:30 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 4:24 pm
2004AG wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 4:10 pm
bpd wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 3:22 pm
Yes, deaths are down and that is good, but it won't last that long. Why? Cases are up the last couple of weeks, hospitalizations are up, which means in about 2 weeks deaths will be up. The tiny bit of silver lining is that because younger people are getting sick, the death rate will probably not be as high, at least for now.
Hopefully older people and people with underlying health conditions are quarantining themselves and taking extra precautions, and its young, healthy people that are getting it. We shall see.

Again, we are going to have to learn how to manage it and learn to live with it because its not going away and we can't hide in our basements forever.
Yeah we play on, but have limited crowds and have frequent testing of the athletes.
Sure, I'm all in favor of taking extra precautions.
Yep keep the world moving, just be smart about things for a while.

Baseball announced it is coming back. Things should all come back, just do frequent testing and play with a limited crowd. It is something we are going to have to live with for a few years. Time for the powers to be to adjust and treat this as the new normal.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 9426
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 482 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by ViAggie » June 23rd, 2020, 7:39 pm

maybe... just maybe we can figure out a way to pull this off, all while in the middle of a pandemic. We shall see.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Ahbye
Posts: 1740
Joined: September 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 146 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by Ahbye » June 23rd, 2020, 11:55 pm

Misinformation. It's misinformation. If your going to lecture people on they're sources of scientific facts you should at least use you're spell checker.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
aggies22



Intermeddler
Posts: 2023
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 198 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by Intermeddler » June 24th, 2020, 12:06 am

Ahbye wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 11:55 pm
Misinformation. It's misinformation. If your going to lecture people on they're sources of scientific facts you should at least use you're spell checker.
The irony in this post...
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post:
Sl7vk



Yossarian
Posts: 3542
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 434 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by Yossarian » June 24th, 2020, 12:19 am

Intermeddler wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 12:06 am
Ahbye wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 11:55 pm
Misinformation. It's misinformation. If your going to lecture people on they're sources of scientific facts you should at least use you're spell checker.
The irony in this post...
Is quite intentional.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post (total 3):
IntermeddlerEl Sapoaggies22



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 8739
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 505 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by FloridaAggie13 » June 24th, 2020, 8:58 pm

El Sapo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 12:21 pm
Machismo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 6:59 am
2004AG wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm
Deaths are down 90% since the high in April.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEDIA IGNORES 90% CORONAVIRUS DEATH COLLAPSE IN COUNTRY

https://outkick.com/media-ignores-90-co ... n-country/

On Sunday a major positive milestone was reached for the first time, coronavirus deaths declined by 90% in this country from the high set on April 21st. That’s an incredibly positive story about our national battle with the virus. Yet, shockingly, it has received almost no media attention.

That’s indefensible because this is not complicated data to track down. You can see it yourself on this chart here, on April 21st 2,693 people died of the coronavirus. Yesterday 267 died. Putting that number into perspective, an average of 7200 people died on Sunday of something other than the coronavirus and those deaths received almost no media attention at all.
You guys above make a perfect example for my argument. Going to your political agenda for health information. Why not find credible information from an expert to help your opinion/decision on how to stay safe in this health crisis?

Clay Travis who wrote that article is not an epidemiologist or a medical professional of any kind. He’s a Nashville-based radio host and the mush of a little-watched gambling show on Fox Sports 1, the type of pundit who thinks politics and sports should be segregated unless it provides him an opportunity to rail against the “wokeness” of verified media members on Twitter.

https://theoutline.com/post/8857/clay-t ... i=lmsw6ynn

Fox News had to check themselves in the past because they were spreading dangerous miss-information on the virus, looks like Clay Travis was right in the middle of that mess.
A simple Google search confirms the drop in the mortality rates.



User avatar
El Sapo
Posts: 958
Joined: November 27th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by El Sapo » June 25th, 2020, 1:35 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 8:58 pm
El Sapo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 12:21 pm
Machismo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 6:59 am
2004AG wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm
Deaths are down 90% since the high in April.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEDIA IGNORES 90% CORONAVIRUS DEATH COLLAPSE IN COUNTRY

https://outkick.com/media-ignores-90-co ... n-country/

On Sunday a major positive milestone was reached for the first time, coronavirus deaths declined by 90% in this country from the high set on April 21st. That’s an incredibly positive story about our national battle with the virus. Yet, shockingly, it has received almost no media attention.

That’s indefensible because this is not complicated data to track down. You can see it yourself on this chart here, on April 21st 2,693 people died of the coronavirus. Yesterday 267 died. Putting that number into perspective, an average of 7200 people died on Sunday of something other than the coronavirus and those deaths received almost no media attention at all.
You guys above make a perfect example for my argument. Going to your political agenda for health information. Why not find credible information from an expert to help your opinion/decision on how to stay safe in this health crisis?

Clay Travis who wrote that article is not an epidemiologist or a medical professional of any kind. He’s a Nashville-based radio host and the mush of a little-watched gambling show on Fox Sports 1, the type of pundit who thinks politics and sports should be segregated unless it provides him an opportunity to rail against the “wokeness” of verified media members on Twitter.

https://theoutline.com/post/8857/clay-t ... i=lmsw6ynn

Fox News had to check themselves in the past because they were spreading dangerous miss-information on the virus, looks like Clay Travis was right in the middle of that mess.
A simple Google search confirms the drop in the mortality rates.
Exactly true, the numbers are right there in the CDC reports. So why do you reference quackery from a FOX sports gambling show host about the virus? Because you value his divisive politically based railing and spin over others in the media, even over those experts and doctors who Trump appointed himself? Is that a wise decision?
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
Sl7vk


“Information is just bits of data. Knowledge is putting them together. Wisdom is transcending them.” ― Ram Dass

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9703
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4990 times
Been thanked: 2978 times
Contact:

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by aggies22 » June 25th, 2020, 1:48 pm

BigSkyAG wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 4:22 pm
Political agenda? Hell, how many times has the esteemed Dr. Fauci changed his mind on masks, severity, longitudinal impact, etc.
As many times as he's been told too.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
ShowMeAggie



bwcrc
Posts: 176
Joined: November 7th, 2013, 12:24 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by bwcrc » June 25th, 2020, 2:00 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 8:21 pm
Yossarian wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 4:31 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 4:13 pm
USUFAN5 wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 2:16 pm
Haha. "People are so political" followed up with politically charged statements.
He should not have brought up the president making it political, but his point stands that the University and NCAA should be smart about this. I want college football to be played this Fall as much as everyone, but they need to be smart about how they go about things. Hopefully they will be.

Just out of curiosity - what does this mean? What is the smart way to go about things?

Are they going to restrict attendance to 20% capacity? Who gets in?

Are they going to make people show up 6 hours early and get in line so they can take everyone's temperature and answer a series of medical questions before they let them in?

Are they going to hire more staff to continuously wipe surfaces throughout the stadium/bathrooms throughout the game and again when everyone leaves?

Are they going to have ushers continuously go up and down the aisles looking for people that aren't wearing their facemasks and have them removed (after they have their temperature taken again, of course)?

Are people going to put up with this? Or just say "screw it, I'll watch on TV or go find something else to do".

I don't know what the "smart way to go about things" is.
It probably means playing the season with limited fans. The NBA is going to finish their season without fans and rumor is they are going to play next season without fans too. That might have to be what happens for the college football season or let in a small amount of fans. Cramming 80,000 people together in a stadium should not happen this year.
Because NBA teams are flush with money and able to cover the $100+ million in player salaries they will have for next season without fans in the seats or money from concession sales. And that ignores salaries for coaches, trainers, and other necessary support staff. TV money will not cover it nor will merchandise sales. Sporting events without fans is financial suicide for teams and they know it. That is the main reason MLB has not started yet.



FloridaAggie13
Posts: 8739
Joined: August 22nd, 2011, 2:18 pm
Has thanked: 505 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by FloridaAggie13 » June 25th, 2020, 2:27 pm

El Sapo wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 1:35 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 8:58 pm
El Sapo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 12:21 pm
Machismo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 6:59 am
2004AG wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm
Deaths are down 90% since the high in April.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEDIA IGNORES 90% CORONAVIRUS DEATH COLLAPSE IN COUNTRY

https://outkick.com/media-ignores-90-co ... n-country/

On Sunday a major positive milestone was reached for the first time, coronavirus deaths declined by 90% in this country from the high set on April 21st. That’s an incredibly positive story about our national battle with the virus. Yet, shockingly, it has received almost no media attention.

That’s indefensible because this is not complicated data to track down. You can see it yourself on this chart here, on April 21st 2,693 people died of the coronavirus. Yesterday 267 died. Putting that number into perspective, an average of 7200 people died on Sunday of something other than the coronavirus and those deaths received almost no media attention at all.
You guys above make a perfect example for my argument. Going to your political agenda for health information. Why not find credible information from an expert to help your opinion/decision on how to stay safe in this health crisis?

Clay Travis who wrote that article is not an epidemiologist or a medical professional of any kind. He’s a Nashville-based radio host and the mush of a little-watched gambling show on Fox Sports 1, the type of pundit who thinks politics and sports should be segregated unless it provides him an opportunity to rail against the “wokeness” of verified media members on Twitter.

https://theoutline.com/post/8857/clay-t ... i=lmsw6ynn

Fox News had to check themselves in the past because they were spreading dangerous miss-information on the virus, looks like Clay Travis was right in the middle of that mess.
A simple Google search confirms the drop in the mortality rates.
Exactly true, the numbers are right there in the CDC reports. So why do you reference quackery from a FOX sports gambling show host about the virus? Because you value his divisive politically based railing and spin over others in the media, even over those experts and doctors who Trump appointed himself? Is that a wise decision?
Are we even having the same argument? :-)

Just look at the CDC graph and compare the deaths from mid April vs the deaths from mid June and see the drop. The % will vary depending on the day, but on May 6, 2,700 people died from COVID related illness. On June 24th 688 died from COVID related illness.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6406
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by 2004AG » June 25th, 2020, 2:46 pm

El Sapo wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 1:35 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 8:58 pm
El Sapo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 12:21 pm
Machismo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 6:59 am
2004AG wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm
Deaths are down 90% since the high in April.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEDIA IGNORES 90% CORONAVIRUS DEATH COLLAPSE IN COUNTRY

https://outkick.com/media-ignores-90-co ... n-country/

On Sunday a major positive milestone was reached for the first time, coronavirus deaths declined by 90% in this country from the high set on April 21st. That’s an incredibly positive story about our national battle with the virus. Yet, shockingly, it has received almost no media attention.

That’s indefensible because this is not complicated data to track down. You can see it yourself on this chart here, on April 21st 2,693 people died of the coronavirus. Yesterday 267 died. Putting that number into perspective, an average of 7200 people died on Sunday of something other than the coronavirus and those deaths received almost no media attention at all.
You guys above make a perfect example for my argument. Going to your political agenda for health information. Why not find credible information from an expert to help your opinion/decision on how to stay safe in this health crisis?

Clay Travis who wrote that article is not an epidemiologist or a medical professional of any kind. He’s a Nashville-based radio host and the mush of a little-watched gambling show on Fox Sports 1, the type of pundit who thinks politics and sports should be segregated unless it provides him an opportunity to rail against the “wokeness” of verified media members on Twitter.

https://theoutline.com/post/8857/clay-t ... i=lmsw6ynn

Fox News had to check themselves in the past because they were spreading dangerous miss-information on the virus, looks like Clay Travis was right in the middle of that mess.
A simple Google search confirms the drop in the mortality rates.
Exactly true, the numbers are right there in the CDC reports. So why do you reference quackery from a FOX sports gambling show host about the virus? Because you value his divisive politically based railing and spin over others in the media, even over those experts and doctors who Trump appointed himself? Is that a wise decision?
Facts can be hard to swallow when they go against your opinion.
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
Machismo



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2170
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 194 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by NavyBlueAggie » June 25th, 2020, 3:19 pm

Deaths are down 90% since the high in April.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]


MEDIA IGNORES 90% CORONAVIRUS DEATH COLLAPSE IN COUNTRY

https://outkick.com/media-ignores-90-co ... n-country/

On Sunday a major positive milestone was reached for the first time, coronavirus deaths declined by 90% in this country from the high set on April 21st. That’s an incredibly positive story about our national battle with the virus. Yet, shockingly, it has received almost no media attention.

That’s indefensible because this is not complicated data to track down. You can see it yourself on this chart here, on April 21st 2,693 people died of the coronavirus. Yesterday 267 died. Putting that number into perspective, an average of 7200 people died on Sunday of something other than the coronavirus and those deaths received almost no media attention at all.

[/quote]

You guys above make a perfect example for my argument. Going to your political agenda for health information. Why not find credible information from an expert to help your opinion/decision on how to stay safe in this health crisis?

Clay Travis who wrote that article is not an epidemiologist or a medical professional of any kind. He’s a Nashville-based radio host and the mush of a little-watched gambling show on Fox Sports 1, the type of pundit who thinks politics and sports should be segregated unless it provides him an opportunity to rail against the “wokeness” of verified media members on Twitter.

https://theoutline.com/post/8857/clay-t ... i=lmsw6ynn

Fox News had to check themselves in the past because they were spreading dangerous miss-information on the virus, looks like Clay Travis was right in the middle of that mess.
[/quote]

A simple Google search confirms the drop in the mortality rates.
[/quote]

Exactly true, the numbers are right there in the CDC reports. So why do you reference quackery from a FOX sports gambling show host about the virus? Because you value his divisive politically based railing and spin over others in the media, even over those experts and doctors who Trump appointed himself? Is that a wise decision?
[/quote]

Facts can be hard to swallow when they go against your opinion.

This is the best post I've read in weeks. Well done 2004[/b]
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
Machismo



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1821
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 704 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by JSHarvey » June 25th, 2020, 4:21 pm

The weekly averages (a better comparison than the highest and lowest days as there is a very strong weekly cycle) can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm. As of June 20 the reported weekly deaths are down more than 90% from the high.

However, two points of caution:
1. the reporting delay from the local hospitals through the states to the CDC can be as long as 8 weeks, and
2. deaths are a lagging indicator/tracker relative to inflections.

In spite of looking at real CDC data, I've got no idea how many actual deaths have been caused by COVID-19, or complications from it; but the good news is that the excess deaths (those that are statistically unexpected after accounting for all known causes - including the COVID-19 coded deaths), are also way down. This suggests the steps we've taken as a society are slowing the actual death rate significantly.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your point of view) our society can't do contact tracing like the countries that have essentially killed COVID-19 as we place a much higher value on our privacy from government tracking (although we don't seem to care much about private company data tracking issues). So about the only things the US can realistically do are:
1. Encourage people to wear face masks whenever they are around other people who are not part of their personal contact group,
2. Encourage high risk people to self isolate (and take their chances),
3. Practice socially distancing when going outside,
4. Wash our hands incredibly often, and
5. Pay for extensive research and development of possible vaccines.

It would be nice if we would also pay for medical care, but that doesn't seem to be on the table politically.

I expect we will have sports seasons of some kind as Universities (and professional sports owners) don't want to bankroll the massive deficits their sports programs will generate if the seasons don't happen. And young people don't tend to die from COVID-19 at high rates.
These users thanked the author JSHarvey for the post:
aggies22


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9703
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4990 times
Been thanked: 2978 times
Contact:

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by aggies22 » June 26th, 2020, 10:54 am

This is where I think this whole ordeal smells a little like $hit. Back on June 8th, The WHO issued a statement that said they found that infection from an asymptomatic carrier was "rare" and that it is spread through coughing and sneezing. Much like every other illness. This story was run by CNN, MSNBC, and Time. Less than 48 hours later, The WHO basically issued a retraction calling the previous story a "misunderstanding". Yeah right.

I really don't like getting involved with the political stuff that gets tossed around on either board or the sandbox BUT this whole thing is just becoming ridiculous. The "at-risk" age group or "immune-compromised" that is able to take care of themselves need to take the proper precautions to keep themselves healthy. Those people that can not take care of themselves and are in facilities need to be cared for by people that take their jobs seriously and value those that they care for. My wife is one of those people and her facility takes caring for their residents VERY seriously. Everybody else, social decency. If you are ill, keep your a$$ at home. Don't go to work, ball games, movies, restaurants, or the damn store.

This probably isn't even the right place for this but there is so much of this talk everywhere that I don't even know where to leave it. Sorry my Aggie brothers.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 6):
Aggie19ratofallaggiesAggiePTUSU78Machismoslcagg



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 1059 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 26th, 2020, 11:19 am

aggies22 wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 10:54 am
This is where I think this whole ordeal smells a little like $hit. Back on June 8th, The WHO issued a statement that said they found that infection from an asymptomatic carrier was "rare" and that it is spread through coughing and sneezing. Much like every other illness. This story was run by CNN, MSNBC, and Time. Less than 48 hours later, The WHO basically issued a retraction calling the previous story a "misunderstanding". Yeah right.

I really don't like getting involved with the political stuff that gets tossed around on either board or the sandbox BUT this whole thing is just becoming ridiculous. The "at-risk" age group or "immune-compromised" that is able to take care of themselves need to take the proper precautions to keep themselves healthy. Those people that can not take care of themselves and are in facilities need to be cared for by people that take their jobs seriously and value those that they care for. My wife is one of those people and her facility takes caring for their residents VERY seriously. Everybody else, social decency. If you are ill, keep your a$$ at home. Don't go to work, ball games, movies, restaurants, or the damn store.

This probably isn't even the right place for this but there is so much of this talk everywhere that I don't even know where to leave it. Sorry my Aggie brothers.
How 'bout this little nugget from a healthcare worker. Hospitals are recouping their losses from the economic closure by attaching Covid diagnoses to patient's charts who never tested positive because they will receive stimulus money for every
Covid case they treat in addition to the bill they already give to the patient. So now the numbers are totally shot to hell.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 5):
aggies22ratofallaggiesUSU78Machismoslcagg



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9703
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4990 times
Been thanked: 2978 times
Contact:

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by aggies22 » June 26th, 2020, 11:45 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 11:19 am
aggies22 wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 10:54 am
This is where I think this whole ordeal smells a little like $hit. Back on June 8th, The WHO issued a statement that said they found that infection from an asymptomatic carrier was "rare" and that it is spread through coughing and sneezing. Much like every other illness. This story was run by CNN, MSNBC, and Time. Less than 48 hours later, The WHO basically issued a retraction calling the previous story a "misunderstanding". Yeah right.

I really don't like getting involved with the political stuff that gets tossed around on either board or the sandbox BUT this whole thing is just becoming ridiculous. The "at-risk" age group or "immune-compromised" that is able to take care of themselves need to take the proper precautions to keep themselves healthy. Those people that can not take care of themselves and are in facilities need to be cared for by people that take their jobs seriously and value those that they care for. My wife is one of those people and her facility takes caring for their residents VERY seriously. Everybody else, social decency. If you are ill, keep your a$$ at home. Don't go to work, ball games, movies, restaurants, or the damn store.

This probably isn't even the right place for this but there is so much of this talk everywhere that I don't even know where to leave it. Sorry my Aggie brothers.
How 'bout this little nugget from a healthcare worker. Hospitals are recouping their losses from the economic closure by attaching Covid diagnoses to patient's charts who never tested positive because they will receive stimulus money for every
Covid case they treat in addition to the bill they already give to the patient. So now the numbers are totally shot to hell.
It's a real special predicament we find ourselves in.



AggiePT
Posts: 96
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 1:41 pm
Has thanked: 193 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by AggiePT » June 26th, 2020, 11:51 am

aggies22 wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 10:54 am
This is where I think this whole ordeal smells a little like $hit. Back on June 8th, The WHO issued a statement that said they found that infection from an asymptomatic carrier was "rare" and that it is spread through coughing and sneezing. Much like every other illness. This story was run by CNN, MSNBC, and Time. Less than 48 hours later, The WHO basically issued a retraction calling the previous story a "misunderstanding". Yeah right.

I really don't like getting involved with the political stuff that gets tossed around on either board or the sandbox BUT this whole thing is just becoming ridiculous. The "at-risk" age group or "immune-compromised" that is able to take care of themselves need to take the proper precautions to keep themselves healthy. Those people that can not take care of themselves and are in facilities need to be cared for by people that take their jobs seriously and value those that they care for. My wife is one of those people and her facility takes caring for their residents VERY seriously. Everybody else, social decency. If you are ill, keep your a$$ at home. Don't go to work, ball games, movies, restaurants, or the damn store.

This probably isn't even the right place for this but there is so much of this talk everywhere that I don't even know where to leave it. Sorry my Aggie brothers.
22 just summarized my feelings perfectly. Every source I have seen to this point shows that approximately 95% of the deaths from this virus are in high risk populations. This data has not really changed from the beginning. This virus is not going away. Everyone cannot hide forever. Social decency and caring for you neighbor should be the common sense response here.
These users thanked the author AggiePT for the post (total 4):
aggies22USU78sstrasserMachismo



ChicagoAggie
Posts: 1120
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:13 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by ChicagoAggie » June 26th, 2020, 12:37 pm

2004AG wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 2:53 pm
El Sapo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 12:21 pm
Machismo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 6:59 am
2004AG wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm
Deaths are down 90% since the high in April.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEDIA IGNORES 90% CORONAVIRUS DEATH COLLAPSE IN COUNTRY

https://outkick.com/media-ignores-90-co ... n-country/

On Sunday a major positive milestone was reached for the first time, coronavirus deaths declined by 90% in this country from the high set on April 21st. That’s an incredibly positive story about our national battle with the virus. Yet, shockingly, it has received almost no media attention.

That’s indefensible because this is not complicated data to track down. You can see it yourself on this chart here, on April 21st 2,693 people died of the coronavirus. Yesterday 267 died. Putting that number into perspective, an average of 7200 people died on Sunday of something other than the coronavirus and those deaths received almost no media attention at all.
You guys above make a perfect example for my argument. Going to your political agenda for health information. Why not find credible information from an expert to help your opinion/decision on how to stay safe in this health crisis?

Clay Travis who wrote that article is not an epidemiologist or a medical professional of any kind. He’s a Nashville-based radio host and the mush of a little-watched gambling show on Fox Sports 1, the type of pundit who thinks politics and sports should be segregated unless it provides him an opportunity to rail against the “wokeness” of verified media members on Twitter.

https://theoutline.com/post/8857/clay-t ... i=lmsw6ynn

Fox News had to check themselves in the past because they were spreading dangerous miss-information on the virus, looks like Clay Travis was right in the middle of that mess.
The 90% decline in the death rate is just a fact. You're the one making it political.
Yes, we should all be happy that the mortality rate has dropped by 90%. And, let's completely ignore the fact that over 125,000 people have lost their lives in the past 3-4 months due to an incompetent administration who has (I can't express myself without swearing) up their response to this national disaster at every turn. Yea, this administration has done nothing but politicize this event. It's sickening that they still have your support.
These users thanked the author ChicagoAggie for the post (total 3):
Sl7vkpapajJSHarvey



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6406
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 340 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by 2004AG » June 26th, 2020, 7:38 pm

ChicagoAggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 2:53 pm
El Sapo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 12:21 pm
Machismo wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 6:59 am
2004AG wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 10:15 pm
Deaths are down 90% since the high in April.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MEDIA IGNORES 90% CORONAVIRUS DEATH COLLAPSE IN COUNTRY

https://outkick.com/media-ignores-90-co ... n-country/

On Sunday a major positive milestone was reached for the first time, coronavirus deaths declined by 90% in this country from the high set on April 21st. That’s an incredibly positive story about our national battle with the virus. Yet, shockingly, it has received almost no media attention.

That’s indefensible because this is not complicated data to track down. You can see it yourself on this chart here, on April 21st 2,693 people died of the coronavirus. Yesterday 267 died. Putting that number into perspective, an average of 7200 people died on Sunday of something other than the coronavirus and those deaths received almost no media attention at all.
You guys above make a perfect example for my argument. Going to your political agenda for health information. Why not find credible information from an expert to help your opinion/decision on how to stay safe in this health crisis?

Clay Travis who wrote that article is not an epidemiologist or a medical professional of any kind. He’s a Nashville-based radio host and the mush of a little-watched gambling show on Fox Sports 1, the type of pundit who thinks politics and sports should be segregated unless it provides him an opportunity to rail against the “wokeness” of verified media members on Twitter.

https://theoutline.com/post/8857/clay-t ... i=lmsw6ynn

Fox News had to check themselves in the past because they were spreading dangerous miss-information on the virus, looks like Clay Travis was right in the middle of that mess.
The 90% decline in the death rate is just a fact. You're the one making it political.
Yes, we should all be happy that the mortality rate has dropped by 90%. And, let's completely ignore the fact that over 125,000 people have lost their lives in the past 3-4 months due to an incompetent administration who has (I can't express myself without swearing) up their response to this national disaster at every turn. Yea, this administration has done nothing but politicize this event. It's sickening that they still have your support.
Ha ha. Ok.

I simply stated a fact that the death rate has dropped 90%. I’m sorry that upsets you.

I made no other claims or comments about other deaths nor did I make a claim about Trumps response nor my feelings about Trump.

The death rate has dropped 90%. It is what it is.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2736
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 322 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 26th, 2020, 9:43 pm

bwcrc wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 2:00 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 8:21 pm
Yossarian wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 4:31 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 4:13 pm
USUFAN5 wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 2:16 pm
Haha. "People are so political" followed up with politically charged statements.
He should not have brought up the president making it political, but his point stands that the University and NCAA should be smart about this. I want college football to be played this Fall as much as everyone, but they need to be smart about how they go about things. Hopefully they will be.

Just out of curiosity - what does this mean? What is the smart way to go about things?

Are they going to restrict attendance to 20% capacity? Who gets in?

Are they going to make people show up 6 hours early and get in line so they can take everyone's temperature and answer a series of medical questions before they let them in?

Are they going to hire more staff to continuously wipe surfaces throughout the stadium/bathrooms throughout the game and again when everyone leaves?

Are they going to have ushers continuously go up and down the aisles looking for people that aren't wearing their facemasks and have them removed (after they have their temperature taken again, of course)?

Are people going to put up with this? Or just say "screw it, I'll watch on TV or go find something else to do".

I don't know what the "smart way to go about things" is.
It probably means playing the season with limited fans. The NBA is going to finish their season without fans and rumor is they are going to play next season without fans too. That might have to be what happens for the college football season or let in a small amount of fans. Cramming 80,000 people together in a stadium should not happen this year.
Because NBA teams are flush with money and able to cover the $100+ million in player salaries they will have for next season without fans in the seats or money from concession sales. And that ignores salaries for coaches, trainers, and other necessary support staff. TV money will not cover it nor will merchandise sales. Sporting events without fans is financial suicide for teams and they know it. That is the main reason MLB has not started yet.
There will have to be adjustments in the cba. Obviously they would like to play with full crowds, but that isnt the state of the world. Obviously no league wanted to shut down sports as happened back in March. The NCAA certainly didn't want to cancel march madness. Yet all these things happened and the nba will finish this season without fans. They arent just going to play with no fan restrictions just because of money. If the covid 19 situation is the same in december as it is now there will not be fans at nba games next year, at least not without serious restrictions.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 1059 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 26th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 9:43 pm
bwcrc wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 2:00 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 8:21 pm
Yossarian wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 4:31 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 4:13 pm
USUFAN5 wrote:
June 22nd, 2020, 2:16 pm
Haha. "People are so political" followed up with politically charged statements.
He should not have brought up the president making it political, but his point stands that the University and NCAA should be smart about this. I want college football to be played this Fall as much as everyone, but they need to be smart about how they go about things. Hopefully they will be.

Just out of curiosity - what does this mean? What is the smart way to go about things?

Are they going to restrict attendance to 20% capacity? Who gets in?

Are they going to make people show up 6 hours early and get in line so they can take everyone's temperature and answer a series of medical questions before they let them in?

Are they going to hire more staff to continuously wipe surfaces throughout the stadium/bathrooms throughout the game and again when everyone leaves?

Are they going to have ushers continuously go up and down the aisles looking for people that aren't wearing their facemasks and have them removed (after they have their temperature taken again, of course)?

Are people going to put up with this? Or just say "screw it, I'll watch on TV or go find something else to do".

I don't know what the "smart way to go about things" is.
It probably means playing the season with limited fans. The NBA is going to finish their season without fans and rumor is they are going to play next season without fans too. That might have to be what happens for the college football season or let in a small amount of fans. Cramming 80,000 people together in a stadium should not happen this year.
Because NBA teams are flush with money and able to cover the $100+ million in player salaries they will have for next season without fans in the seats or money from concession sales. And that ignores salaries for coaches, trainers, and other necessary support staff. TV money will not cover it nor will merchandise sales. Sporting events without fans is financial suicide for teams and they know it. That is the main reason MLB has not started yet.
There will have to be adjustments in the cba. Obviously they would like to play with full crowds, but that isnt the state of the world. Obviously no league wanted to shut down sports as happened back in March. The NCAA certainly didn't want to cancel march madness. Yet all these things happened and the nba will finish this season without fans. They arent just going to play with no fan restrictions just because of money. If the covid 19 situation is the same in december as it is now there will not be fans at nba games next year, at least not without serious restrictions.
It will be the same....



Yossarian
Posts: 3542
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 434 times

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by Yossarian » June 27th, 2020, 9:18 pm

Dominos starting to fall

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/sto ... ith-school

Under Armor looking to terminate a marketing contract with UCLA. No sports - no reason for Under Armor to pay money to UCLA. The school is already being hit by loss of revenue due to the COVID. What chance do the little schools have? Are television contracts next? Have seen the end of bigtime college sports? Who can survive if there is no season this year? The world is changing.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9703
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4990 times
Been thanked: 2978 times
Contact:

Re: I am starting to doubt it happens.....

Post by aggies22 » June 27th, 2020, 11:35 pm

Yossarian wrote:
June 27th, 2020, 9:18 pm
Dominos starting to fall

https://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/sto ... ith-school

Under Armor looking to terminate a marketing contract with UCLA. No sports - no reason for Under Armor to pay money to UCLA. The school is already being hit by loss of revenue due to the COVID. What chance do the little schools have? Are television contracts next? Have seen the end of bigtime college sports? Who can survive if there is no season this year? The world is changing.
They want to cancel the contract because UCLA sucks. It's just easier to blame it on all the instability in the sports world.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic