Conversation w/a MWC School FB Player

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ViAggie

Conversation w/a MWC School FB Player

Post by ViAggie » June 16th, 2020, 11:04 am

I had a conversation this past weekend with a current FB player for a fellow MWC School located here in Ca. According to this dude, this season is 100% a go. All athletes will be tested and quarantined for 14 after arriving on campus and prior to practicing with the team. Full regular season is anticipated. At least that's what the coaches have told him.

:rock:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
aggies22

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Roy McAvoy

Re: Conversation w/a MWC School FB Player

Post by Roy McAvoy » June 16th, 2020, 11:13 am

I believe this to be true. But what about attendance? And before anyone suggests allowing attendance but not at capacity- how do you then decide who gets to come and who doesn't? Which season ticket holders get to attend and which don't?

sstrasser

Post by sstrasser » June 16th, 2020, 11:24 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 11:13 am
I believe this to be true. But what about attendance? And before anyone suggests allowing attendance but not at capacity- how do you then decide who gets to come and who doesn't? Which season ticket holders get to attend and which don't?
Lottery for the season ticket holders, unless there enough that don't feel comfortable going (high risk fans) and 1st come first serve for the students or I heard only premium Herd members.

sstrasser

Post by sstrasser » June 16th, 2020, 11:25 am

ViAggie wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 11:04 am
I had a conversation this past weekend with a current FB player for a fellow MWC School located here in Ca. According to this dude, this season is 100% a go. All athletes will be tested and quarantined for 14 after arriving on campus and prior to practicing with the team. Full regular season is anticipated. At least that's what the coaches have told him.

yep, the FB players have been back on campus for 2 weeks and now they are starting their workouts.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 16th, 2020, 11:25 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
A bunch of schools in our league won’t have that problem but for those that do, let’s assume 50 percent capacity. That would allow us about 12,500 attendees. If we cut student seats to half their usual allotment that leaves 9,000 seats for others.

Club seats, suites, etc will get priority in all likelihood. From there do you use donation levels like for bowl tickets? What if you are allowed to go to a game and no show, does that forfeit your right to future games? In other words, how do you ensure that you actually reach the reduced capacity? Would you have stand by ticket holders in case someone doesn’t show by the end of the 1st quarter?

I imagine they have been selling and renewing tickets without any restriction so it is very possible someone has already paid for or committed to pay for tickets who won’t get to go to games.

Anyone know how they’re preparing for reduced capacity if they are at all?

Edit: I see a response mentioning a lottery. Are all lottery participants on equal footing? And how does that ensure spacing if a disproportionate number of people in one section win the lottery? Do you move them? Is someone who bought a club seat in a lottery with a south end zone ticket holder?

sstrasser

Post by sstrasser » June 16th, 2020, 11:29 am

Intermeddler wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 11:25 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
A bunch of schools in our league won’t have that problem but for those that do, let’s assume 50 percent capacity. That would allow us about 12,500 attendees. If we cut student seats to half their usual allotment that leaves 9,000 seats for others.

Club seats, suites, etc will get priority in all likelihood. From there do you use donation levels like for bowl tickets? What if you are allowed to go to a game and no show, does that forfeit your right to future games? In other words, how do you ensure that you actually reach the reduced capacity? Would you have stand by ticket holders in case someone doesn’t show by the end of the 1st quarter?

I imagine they have been selling and renewing tickets without any restriction so it is very possible someone has already paid for or committed to pay for tickets who won’t get to go to games.

Edit: I see a response mentioning a lottery. Are all lottery participants on equal footing? And how does that ensure spacing if a disproportionate number of people in one section win the lottery? Do you move them? Is someone who bought a club seat in a lottery with a south end zone ticket holder?
The reduced capacity would be set by the state and the health dept if they feel it is necessary, I figure that will not happen until late July or the 1st of August.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 16th, 2020, 11:35 am

sstrasser wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 11:29 am
Intermeddler wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:

The reduced capacity would be set by the state and the health dept if they feel it is necessary, I figure that will not happen until late July or the 1st of August.
Good info. Hopefully things improve by then. Any discussion about the conference limiting capacity so things are uniform?

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » June 16th, 2020, 1:12 pm

So ... a stench crowd of 36K (60% of capacity) is safe, but an Aggie crowd of 18K (ca 75% of capacity) isn't?

Please explain.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ususports

Post by ususports » June 16th, 2020, 2:06 pm

USU78 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 1:12 pm
So ... a stench crowd of 36K (60% of capacity) is safe, but an Aggie crowd of 18K (ca 75% of capacity) isn't?

Please explain.
Because they are planning a protest against the refs by throwing drinks and garbage at them when they don't like a call. As we all know, the virus stays away from protests, so their fans will be safe and could probably do it at full capacity.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 5):
sstrasserUSU78aggies22FloridaAggie13aggieguy13

Machismo

Post by Machismo » June 16th, 2020, 2:09 pm

With as much hand wringing we saw when the Cache Valley Council wanted to go green I'm not too worried about getting my season tickets bumped out because there is going to be too many Fans. My Daughter has Friends that can't go near the South end of the Valley.. Just sayin..
These users thanked the author Machismo for the post:
USU78

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 16th, 2020, 2:14 pm

Machismo wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 2:09 pm
With as much hand wringing we saw when the Cache Valley Council wanted to go green I'm not too worried about getting my season tickets bumped out because there is going to be too many Fans. My Daughter has Friends that can't go near the South end of the Valley.. Just sayin..
It could very well work itself out for the reasons you state. Our season ticket number and typical crowd probably won’t cause too much of an issue. Take out high risk people and our attendance probably drops below 60 percent capacity
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post:
Machismo

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 16th, 2020, 2:15 pm

USU78 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 1:12 pm

Please explain.
Who would you like to explain?
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post:
USU78

USU78

Post by USU78 » June 16th, 2020, 2:50 pm

Machismo wrote:
My Daughter has Friends that can't go near the South end of the Valley.
Why would they want to? Asking for @brownjeans .
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post (total 2):
Machismobrownjeans

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 16th, 2020, 3:02 pm

USU78 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 2:50 pm
Machismo wrote:
At Box Elder we had a saying that I'll paraphrase, "Good things happen when you beat the boys from the South End of the Valley."

USU78

Post by USU78 » June 16th, 2020, 3:04 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 3:02 pm
USU78 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 2:50 pm
Machismo wrote:
At Box Elder we had a saying that I'll paraphrase, "Good things happen when you beat the boys from the South End of the Valley."
They are as wise as they are powerful. Yo Triumphe!
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » June 16th, 2020, 3:24 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:

Club seats and south end zone seats would be different lotteries. West side as well would be a different lottery, and really, each west side pricing level would be a different level. If they sell more club seats than the health department allows, they would have the lottery for who does and doesn't get to be in the club seats, but then give those who don't win the option of buying regular tickets. From there, they would have two options. Either have a lottery for EACH pricing level, like decide who in the lower section on the 50 gets to go, who on the sections of either side get to go, who on the lower 20 yard line and upper 35 yard line sections get to go, etc. down to who in the south end zone and east side get to go, with those who don't win out of luck. Or they could push everyone down a pricing level. Like have those who don't win the club seat lottery get the lower 50 yard line section. Have the lottery for who of those get to stay and who, with a partial refund, gets pushed to the sections on either side, and from those sections, have a lottery for who can remain there, and who gets pushed over to another section, until you get down to pushing people from the cheapest west side chairback section to the south end zone, giving out partial refunds.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » June 16th, 2020, 3:27 pm

Also, and I have posted this elsewhere, but with the students, they need to do one of two things with Hurd Premium. Either cap it at the number of students that are allowed to go to the games, or advise them that there is a stipulation that they are still not guaranteed to get into the game.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » June 16th, 2020, 3:41 pm

It's time for people to just be honest with themselves and if they aren't feeling well keep their a$$es at home. If wearing a facemask makes everyone feel better, make it a requirement. Make the announcement weeks ahead of time so that people attending can make arrangements BUT take temperatures at the gate. If you fail, you go home. No exceptions. IF you fall into the "at-risk" age group or have "compromised health" issues, then it will have to be attend at your own risk. Nobody can take care of yourself, like yourself. This all has to start with personal accountability. IF and that's a BIG IF, people can somehow manage to live life by practicing social decency, then pack The Mav. People are wandering around protesting by the thousands, we might as well be allowed to finally have some freaking fun by the thousands.

I'm sure there are many of you who may not see it that way but dammit, I want to watch some live Aggie football.
Last edited by aggies22 on June 16th, 2020, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 7):
MachismosstrasserBustaMcNutthipsterdoofus21FloridaAggie13BigVBAgaggieguy13

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 16th, 2020, 3:42 pm

ViAggie wrote:

My question is, why are you conversing with the enemy? :nono:

Machismo

Post by Machismo » June 16th, 2020, 3:47 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 3:41 pm
It's time for people to just be honest with themselves and if they aren't feeling well keep their a$$es at home. If wearing a facemask makes everyone feel better, make it a requirement. Make the announcement weeks ahead of time so that people attending can make arrangements BUT take temperatures at the gate. If you fail, you go home. No exceptions. IF you fall into the "at-risk" age group or have "compromised health" issues, then it will have to attend at your own risk. Nobody can take care of yourself, like yourself. This all has to start with personal accountability. IF and that's a BIG IF, people can somehow manage to live life by practicing social decency, then pack The Mav. People are wandering around protesting by the thousands, we might as well be allowed to finally have some freaking fun by the thousands.

I'm sure there are many of you who may not see it that way but dammit, I want to watch some live Aggie football.
Amen Brother!!!
These users thanked the author Machismo for the post:
aggies22

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » June 16th, 2020, 4:05 pm

Machismo wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 3:47 pm
aggies22 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 3:41 pm
It's time for people to just be honest with themselves and if they aren't feeling well keep their a$$es at home. If wearing a facemask makes everyone feel better, make it a requirement. Make the announcement weeks ahead of time so that people attending can make arrangements BUT take temperatures at the gate. If you fail, you go home. No exceptions. IF you fall into the "at-risk" age group or have "compromised health" issues, then it will have to attend at your own risk. Nobody can take care of yourself, like yourself. This all has to start with personal accountability. IF and that's a BIG IF, people can somehow manage to live life by practicing social decency, then pack The Mav. People are wandering around protesting by the thousands, we might as well be allowed to finally have some freaking fun by the thousands.

Amen Brother!!!
I agree. At some point people need to understand the risks and decide for themselves if this is something they should do. As for me if I am feeling well I need to be in Maverick cheering on the Aggies. I realize taking precautions, but taking away things I love makes this life just plain miserable.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 16th, 2020, 5:08 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 3:24 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:

Club seats and south end zone seats would be different lotteries. West side as well would be a different lottery, and really, each west side pricing level would be a different level. If they sell more club seats than the health department allows, they would have the lottery for who does and doesn't get to be in the club seats, but then give those who don't win the option of buying regular tickets. From there, they would have two options. Either have a lottery for EACH pricing level, like decide who in the lower section on the 50 gets to go, who on the sections of either side get to go, who on the lower 20 yard line and upper 35 yard line sections get to go, etc. down to who in the south end zone and east side get to go, with those who don't win out of luck. Or they could push everyone down a pricing level. Like have those who don't win the club seat lottery get the lower 50 yard line section. Have the lottery for who of those get to stay and who, with a partial refund, gets pushed to the sections on either side, and from those sections, have a lottery for who can remain there, and who gets pushed over to another section, until you get down to pushing people from the cheapest west side chairback section to the south end zone, giving out partial refunds.
Wait, so if I buy club seats, I have to be in a lottery to be able to go to the game. I lose the lottery, I get to buy other regular tickets? That sounds like a terrible plan. I have had club season tickets since it opened and it will be very hard to distance (if that is a requirement) in the common areas of the West Stadium Center. There are usually some empty seats but it gets crowded before the game and at halftime.

This would basically alienate the higher level donors who lose their section lottery by either not allowing them in or giving them inferior seats compared to what they paid for.

I think you have to ensure access to everyone who paid over a certain threshold, which we should probably be able to do given our season ticket numbers. Then a lottery for GA seats or single game reserved seating.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » June 16th, 2020, 5:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 3:42 pm
ViAggie wrote:

My question is, why are you conversing with the enemy? :nono:
Ha! It's always good to, that's why. Odd that our Student Athletes are now on campus but not these guys, now I'm starting to question if what he said was true :lol:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » June 16th, 2020, 6:27 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 5:08 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
Intermeddler wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:

Wait, so if I buy club seats, I have to be in a lottery to be able to go to the game. I lose the lottery, I get to buy other regular tickets? That sounds like a terrible plan. I have had club season tickets since it opened and it will be very hard to distance (if that is a requirement) in the common areas of the West Stadium Center. There are usually some empty seats but it gets crowded before the game and at halftime.

This would basically alienate the higher level donors who lose their section lottery by either not allowing them in or giving them inferior seats compared to what they paid for.

I think you have to ensure access to everyone who paid over a certain threshold, which we should probably be able to do given our season ticket numbers. Then a lottery for GA seats or single game reserved seating.
The problem is that if the CDC and Health Department say that the West Stadium Center and each section can only be 50 percent capacity, there isn't a thing we can do about it.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 16th, 2020, 6:40 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 6:27 pm
Intermeddler wrote:
June 16th, 2020, 5:08 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
Intermeddler wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:

The problem is that if the CDC and Health Department say that the West Stadium Center and each section can only be 50 percent capacity, there isn't a thing we can do about it.
There are things you can do about it:

1. Not oversell any of those sections in terms of numbers of holders or split packages so the same number of people get access to fewer games. to my knowledge, they are not doing this.
2. If those sections are oversold then ensure that those ticket holders have tickets to the game and do not have to pay for them at the next highest level of seating, no lottery but based on donation level.

pcaggie

Post by pcaggie » June 17th, 2020, 9:30 am

Attendance to sporting events will not recover from this
These users thanked the author pcaggie for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » June 17th, 2020, 10:17 am

As a student I vote no to Hurd premium. First come first serve at the gate. That’s the only way to ensure max attendance. Also from what I’ve heard regarding classes it sounds like every class may have to have online options, so I don’t think there will be as many students on campus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » June 17th, 2020, 11:02 am

tysteve20 wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 10:17 am
As a student I vote no to Hurd premium. First come first serve at the gate. That’s the only way to ensure max attendance. Also from what I’ve heard regarding classes it sounds like every class may have to have online options, so I don’t think there will be as many students on campus.

That seems like a good way to keep distance between kids - pile them up at the gates until they open.

Eutaw St. Aggie

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 17th, 2020, 11:18 am

Yossarian wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 11:02 am
tysteve20 wrote:

That seems like a good way to keep distance between kids - pile them up at the gates until they open.
At that point in time, if they are all in class or in dorms or apartment-style living does it even matter? Wear masks. Don't show up if you don't feel well. The practice needs to move from social distancing to social decency. Personal accountability is going to be key moving forward.
Last edited by aggies22 on June 17th, 2020, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
YossarianMachismosstrasser

VegasBornAggie

Post by VegasBornAggie » June 17th, 2020, 12:45 pm

tysteve20 wrote:

As a student I can confirm that a lot of classes have ether been moved to online or have online options for the fall. For me personally 6 of my 7 classes for the fall have been moved to an online format, and that is the same for many other people I know too. So I completely agree that there is going to be very few students on campus. I wouldn't be surprised with how classes are looking at the moment, and if the trend of rising cases continues going into the fall semester that the semester is completely converted online due to safety reasons.

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » June 17th, 2020, 3:02 pm

Yossarian wrote:
tysteve20 wrote:

Well once students get into the game they will be packed together anyway right? There’s no way to avoid it.

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » June 17th, 2020, 5:38 pm

Seniority will most likely have to be a consideration. For example, if someone has had chair back seats since 1997 (the first season they were put in), it becomes hard to argue they could/should be bumped in a lottery to someone who just started buying season tickets or even someone who started buying season tickets15-20 years ago. Rewarding those who donate the most $$$ and have supported the Aggies the longest seems the logical priority.
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post (total 2):
Intermeddlersstrasser

Aggiebull
Has thanked: 0

Post by Aggiebull » June 19th, 2020, 1:24 pm

Not to put a damper on planning for the lottery or how many students will be coming to the game but with six feet of social distancing seating will be every 3rd, maybe 4th, seat so that puts it at 33% or lower.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » June 19th, 2020, 1:54 pm

WasatchAggie wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 5:38 pm
Seniority will most likely have to be a consideration. For example, if someone has had chair back seats since 1997 (the first season they were put in), it becomes hard to argue they could/should be bumped in a lottery to someone who just started buying season tickets or even someone who started buying season tickets15-20 years ago. Rewarding those who donate the most $$$ and have supported the Aggies the longest seems the logical priority.

It makes for an interesting conundrum. In a time when you are trying to grow a fan base, the last thing you want to do is turn them away for only recently starting their financial support - you may lose those fans forever. And yet, you want to cater to those that have been with the program through thick and thin and reward them for their long-time support (both in attendance and donations). it's quite the pickle, to be sure. It seems like any decision made would be the wrong decision. Maybe you just hope the state and NCAA make that decision for you and say there will be no football this fall?

Eutaw St. Aggie

ususports

Post by ususports » June 19th, 2020, 3:09 pm

Yossarian wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 1:54 pm
Maybe you just hope the state and NCAA make that decision for you and say there will be no football this fall?
Who wins in that scenario?

Locked Previous topicNext topic