Morgan Scalley Suspended for Racial Slur

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
KissMyAg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by KissMyAg » June 6th, 2020, 7:37 am

Source, google it.

I hope our staff uses this incident to not only cleanup their potential issues but white coaches in general need to do a better job teaching others that this is not okay. I hope more white men speak up about the issues happening.

Sl7vk

Re: Morgan Scalley Suspended for Racial Slur

Post by Sl7vk » June 6th, 2020, 7:57 am

Wow.
Not good for the heir to the Whittingham throne.
Will be interesting if he survives this or if more things come to the surface.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » June 6th, 2020, 9:07 am

KissMyAg wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 7:37 am
Source, google it.

I hope our staff uses this incident to not only cleanup their potential issues but white coaches in general need to do a better job teaching others that this is not okay. I hope more white men speak up about the issues happening.
Good point. To add to your point I think in general most people need to not only speak up but also take action Individually. All of us could afford to improve. We all could treat each other better as human beings. Love and less judgement My man. Not enough of that in this world.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 6th, 2020, 11:47 pm

Isaiah called his shot a few thousand years ago.
(Isaiah 29:21)

The man is going to lose his job and may need to find another career path because of a very poor choice of words 7 years ago. He has shown no pattern of racist behavior or treatment towards his players to warrant anything more than a public apology and personal resolve to do better and be better.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
Cast Iron AggiesstrasserAggiesForever

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » June 7th, 2020, 12:04 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 11:47 pm

The man is going to lose his job and may need to find another career path because of a very poor choice of words 7 years ago. He has shown no pattern of racist behavior or treatment towards his players to warrant anything more than a public apology and personal resolve to do better and be better.
Yep. There is an ever growing crowd that wants to destroy everyone else. As Brett Cavanagh found out, there is no point in history too far back that they won't go to dig up dirt on you. I try to tell my kids - stay off the social media. Anything they say (or type, or re-tweet, or like, or follow) can and will be used against them in the court of public opinion.

As the tides of what is considered acceptable change, those tweets you sent out 20 years ago will be judged by the new standard of decency. They want your job and they want to destroy your life so they can feel like they have done something good in the world and they can appease the oppressed group de jour.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
MrBiggle

Eutaw St. Aggie

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 7th, 2020, 12:21 am

Man I can only imagine the dirt they’d have on me alone from this message board.
“So Mr. Nelson, when you say here ‘that’s what she said’ you were in fact inferring that the statement was in reference to your penis, is that correct?”
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 2):
aggies22sam tingey

ususports

Post by ususports » June 7th, 2020, 12:36 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 12:21 am
Man I can only imagine the dirt they’d have on me alone from this message board.
“So Mr. Nelson, when you say here ‘that’s what she said’ you were in fact inferring that the statement was in reference to your penis, is that correct?”
Was she there when you did that polar bear plunge?

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 7th, 2020, 6:46 am

ususports wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 12:36 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 12:21 am
Was she there when you did that polar bear plunge?
My lawyer has advised me to answer that there never was a “she” and “I don’t recall” what was said.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
ususportsUSU78aggies22

lcrasmus

Post by lcrasmus » June 7th, 2020, 10:25 am

Yossarian wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

Yep. There is an ever growing crowd that wants to destroy everyone else. As Brett Cavanagh found out, there is no point in history too far back that they won't go to dig up dirt on you. I try to tell my kids - stay off the social media. Anything they say (or type, or re-tweet, or like, or follow) can and will be used against them in the court of public opinion.

As the tides of what is considered acceptable change, those tweets you sent out 20 years ago will be judged by the new standard of decency. They want your job and they want to destroy your life so they can feel like they have done something good in the world and they can appease the oppressed group de jour.

Would you share that sentiment publicly with the black players on our football team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author lcrasmus for the post (total 2):
Sl7vkAggieBlues

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » June 7th, 2020, 12:39 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
June 6th, 2020, 7:57 am
Wow.
I think this is the tip of the iceberg and I'm not just talking about the U.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 7th, 2020, 1:17 pm

blueaggie wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 12:39 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
Wow.
I agree. If a guy like Scalley is going down for a 7 year old text which was meant to be between him and Shariff Shah who is African American then you're going to see a lot of people who have done much more take a fall.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » June 7th, 2020, 1:35 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 1:17 pm
blueaggie wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 12:39 pm
Sl7vk wrote:
Wow.
I agree. If a guy like Scalley is going down for a 7 year old text which was meant to be between him and Shariff Shah who is African American then you're going to see a lot of people who have done much more take a fall.
Yep. I could even see it lead to the discontinuation of entire athletic programs and many progressive universities.

Eutaw St. Aggie

cbingham

Post by cbingham » June 7th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Yossarian wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 12:04 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

Feel like you're missing the point. Good is good and right is right. These are eternal principles. I'm not entirely sure that good people were using N words other forms of hateful speech. I'm not sure that people want to destroy others either. Change has almost always brought about the discomfort of the guilty and even the uninformed. Hope your kids won't be either of these.
These users thanked the author cbingham for the post:
Sl7vk

DaKineKane

Post by DaKineKane » June 7th, 2020, 4:19 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

https://scontent-den4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5F01EC10

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » June 7th, 2020, 5:19 pm

cbingham wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 3:47 pm
Yossarian wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

Feel like you're missing the point. Good is good and right is right. These are eternal principles. I'm not entirely sure that good people were using N words other forms of hateful speech. I'm not sure that people want to destroy others either. Change has almost always brought about the discomfort of the guilty and even the uninformed. Hope your kids won't be either of these.
They have been taught to treat people with respect, regardless of what they look like and to be honest with others - that I can assure you. Hopefully they learn.

My comments weren't necessarily strictly about race, though. Anything can come back to haunt a person at a later date if it is not in vogue at some arbitrary future date. Who is to say posting a photo with your hunting party at your deer camp won't make you a villain or get you fired in 20 years? Or posting a photo of your hamburger cooking on a grill? Or a picture of that car you are working on that has an internal combustion engine? Or that link to a skeptical article on global warming today - can that get you fired in 20 years? This is what I am trying to say.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
BigVBAg

Eutaw St. Aggie

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 7th, 2020, 5:23 pm

DaKineKane wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 4:19 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

The outcry is for change. For people and the system to change. Or more specifically for whites and the white system to change. By all accounts that’s what Scalley did after this incident in 2013. He immediately recognized the mistake, flew to the recruit’s house and apologized within hours. There doesn’t appear to be any complaints against him since so isn’t it possible he made the personal changes the protests are clamoring for? Is it a no win situation? Will anything ever be enough?

DaKineKane

Post by DaKineKane » June 7th, 2020, 5:39 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 5:23 pm
DaKineKane wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

The outcry is for change. For people and the system to change. Or more specifically for whites and the white system to change. By all accounts that’s what Scalley did after this incident in 2013. He immediately recognized the mistake, flew to the recruit’s house and apologized within hours. There doesn’t appear to be any complaints against him since so isn’t it possible he made the personal changes the protests are clamoring for? Is it a no win situation? Will anything ever be enough?
I don't think it's a no-win situation for him. I think the sincerity of his apology would be greatly magnified by proactive steps he can take to ensure he doesn't slip up again. I think he still deserves to keep his job, but it just goes to show how systemically racist it was even in areas where black people make up a large percentage of the demographic

GoldcoastAggie

Post by GoldcoastAggie » June 7th, 2020, 6:20 pm

Yossarian wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 5:19 pm
cbingham wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

They have been taught to treat people with respect, regardless of what they look like and to be honest with others - that I can assure you. Hopefully they learn.

My comments weren't necessarily strictly about race, though. Anything can come back to haunt a person at a later date if it is not in vogue at some arbitrary future date. Who is to say posting a photo with your hunting party at your deer camp won't make you a villain or get you fired in 20 years? Or posting a photo of your hamburger cooking on a grill? Or a picture of that car you are working on that has an internal combustion engine? Or that link to a skeptical article on global warming today - can that get you fired in 20 years? This is what I am trying to say.
That is a pretty outlandish comparison. Its like you're saying racism used to be en vogue and okay but now its out of style.
These users thanked the author GoldcoastAggie for the post:
Sl7vk

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 7th, 2020, 6:41 pm

DaKineKane wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 5:39 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 5:23 pm
DaKineKane wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

I don't think it's a no-win situation for him. I think the sincerity of his apology would be greatly magnified by proactive steps he can take to ensure he doesn't slip up again. I think he still deserves to keep his job, but it just goes to show how systemically racist it was even in areas where black people make up a large percentage of the demographic
Doing what they’ve done makes it impossible to keep Scalley on staff. He won’t keep his job. I’m all for seeking out and removing systemic racism. Just don’t think he’s an example of this.

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » June 7th, 2020, 6:54 pm

GoldcoastAggie wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 6:20 pm
Yossarian wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 5:19 pm
cbingham wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

That is a pretty outlandish comparison. Its like you're saying racism used to be en vogue and okay but now its out of style.
I think one aspect of the issue is how many people around the *entire* country were doing a given activity/had a given opinion - not just just how many in a given neck of woods/region of the country. Racism is alive and well and very institutionalized in the White House right now for instance, but anyone tweeting, or retweeting, Trump's xenophobic/racists rants is going to look very bad (even the same day, not to mention in 20 years) because overall the *entire* country is not on board with racism. And twenty years from now such tweets will be beyond the pale. Any one who can't understand that probably doesn't have a very promising career path in any public facing capacity or government service. Having posted pictures of an internal combustion engine that one worked on and enjoyed is not going to get any more than a head scratch 20 or 50 years from now because essentially everyone in the country right now uses internal combustion engines every day - either directly or indirectly. I don't know of *anyone* who can live their life without using some product or resources that wasn't delivered by either truck, train, or ship. Denying climate change on the other hand is likely to get considerably more than a raised eyebrow in 20 or 30 years.
These users thanked the author JSHarvey for the post (total 2):
Sl7vkDaKineKane

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

ususports

Post by ususports » June 7th, 2020, 9:04 pm

It is ironic that people are accusing others that they are missing the point while ignoring that no one on this board is defending racism. We all know and agree that it is And has always been wrong and needs to end. That being said, to imply that anyone who has been guilty of it in the past is no longer eligible to be a good person is ludicrous. I think everyone of us on this board has made a very poor choice when we knew better, knew it was absolutely wrong, and still did it anyway. The problem is that by human nature, we downplay the severity of our own mistakes through justification and false validation that our choice wasn’t as bad as if anyone else in the world made the exact same choice under the exact same circumstances. While we can cast the first stone at Scalley and say that his is worse than our mistakes because racism is truly awful, none of us would want our mistakes that we already apologized for seven years ago to be brought out in public and cost us our jobs. I am confident that everyone on this board, and additionally, Morgan Scalley can be (not to be confused with will be—but can be) a good person despite poor choices that we have all made in the past. Anyone who wants to argue otherwise is truly missing the point.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 2):
hipsterdoofus21JSHarvey

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » June 7th, 2020, 9:19 pm

I dont support racism one bit, but people make mistakes although there are consequences to mistakes as well. If my current employer knew all the stupid things i did as a teenager i would be at the local food pantry and out of a job.

What it comes down to is to treat people kindly and with respect. If we did that we would be a lot better off as a society.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
ProvoAggiehipsterdoofus21

lcrasmus

Post by lcrasmus » June 7th, 2020, 10:24 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:I dont support racism one bit, but people make mistakes although there are consequences to mistakes as well. If my current employer knew all the stupid things i did as a teenager i would be at the local food pantry and out of a job.

What it comes down to is to treat people kindly and with respect. If we did that we would be a lot better off as a society.
He wasn't a teen. He was a coach at that school. There's a massive difference.

At least one other athlete had this specific situation with Scaley as early as in 2008. That athlete saved the text and later (in 2013) Scaley apologized, though not to the degree this athlete felt was sincere.

Scaley's recent account of the story is that he felt guilty immediately after texting it and promptly contacted the family and apologized.

He had at least a five year history. He knew it was wrong. And he still did it.

That's not "as a teen I made mistakes."

He has not yet lost his job. He will have a chance to prove to an external investigation that he's changed and grown in the past 7 years to the point where the University feels comfortable maintaining his employ. If he's contrite and regretful enough, and can show that he's taken the necessary steps, he should be allowed to keep the position.

But this is not just a far in the past accident where things were so different. It's a multiple instance event in which a white coach typed the n word into a phone and knowingly sent it to a recruit, all after the coach was at least 25 years old. Quit excusing the behavior. He knew better. He admits he knew better. His behavior proves he knew better. And he still did it, multiple times.

It was 2013. Not 1950. And it hasn't been ok to use the term in either year.

These users thanked the author lcrasmus for the post (total 2):
DaKineKaneJSHarvey

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » June 7th, 2020, 10:48 pm

lcrasmus wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 10:24 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:I dont support racism one bit, but people make mistakes although there are consequences to mistakes as well. If my current employer knew all the stupid things i did as a teenager i would be at the local food pantry and out of a job.

At least one other athlete had this specific situation with Scaley as early as in 2008. That athlete saved the text and later (in 2013) Scaley apologized, though not to the degree this athlete felt was sincere.

Scaley's recent account of the story is that he felt guilty immediately after texting it and promptly contacted the family and apologized.

He has not yet lost his job. He will have a chance to prove to an external investigation that he's changed and grown in the past 7 years to the point where the University feels comfortable maintaining his employ. If he's contrite and regretful enough, and can show that he's taken the necessary steps, he should be allowed to keep the position.

But this is not just a far in the past accident where things were so different. It's a multiple instance event in which a white coach typed the n word into a phone and knowingly sent it to a recruit, all after the coach was at least 25 years old. Quit excusing the behavior. He knew better. He admits he knew better. His behavior proves he knew better. And he still did it, multiple times.

I agree, awful behavior and it appears to have gone on prior to 2013. But if he’s changed since then should we make him wallow in past mistakes? Seems like far worse behavior by celebs and public figures is condoned and they’re given the benefit of the doubt.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » June 8th, 2020, 12:31 am

I don’t think this is a case of “old stuff coming back up” as if he weren’t older than I am now in 2013. I can forgive the beer money guy for quoting Daniel Tosh on twitter because he was 16 and was basically just stealing a joke. Whereas Scalley actually had influence and was old enough to know better.

The bigger question is how rampant was this? I don’t see how someone has the balls to put a slur in a text without fear of retaliation- unless they thought they could get away with it.

It should have been addressed at least internally right when it occurred. If it wasn’t- why not?
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
DaKineKane

lcrasmus

Post by lcrasmus » June 8th, 2020, 12:59 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 10:48 pm
lcrasmus wrote:

I agree, awful behavior and it appears to have gone on prior to 2013. But if he’s changed since then should we make him wallow in past mistakes? Seems like far worse behavior by celebs and public figures is condoned and they’re given the benefit of the doubt.
No, we shouldn't. But evidently the coaching staff and administration at the U feel that the cause here is worthy of a suspension.

Right now he's being investigated. Not fired. Not reassigned. They have suspended him for fact finding with, I'm supposing, the default being reinstatement. It is not bad enough to warrant being fired immediately, which seems to be the angle that is being argued at times.If he has changed, it'll show up in the investigation, and then his being reinstated will be a public message that they have his back as an employee, coach, and mentor. And, at that point, there will be scrutiny and accountability to help him continue to grow and improve.

But IMO he should absolutely be required to prove that through a thorough investigation at this point, and not just one of a bunch of folks talking about him on the internet. He is being held accountable for actions that deserve accountability, and will (according to the University) have every chance to prove himself. I don't get why that's a bad/wrong choice.
These users thanked the author lcrasmus for the post:
JSHarvey

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » June 8th, 2020, 7:25 am

lcrasmus wrote:

I never said he was a teenager I was just talking about myself. I also don't condone his behavior. All I was saying is that everyone's makes mistakes which we have all made. There are also consequences to those mistakes which I believe have to be paid as well. None of us are perfect and everyone certainly can change their behavior and make their lives better. If none of us could change for the better throughout our lives we would all be sunk I am not saying I am a Scalley supporter, but at the same time I have many of my own issues and I am not going to judge him.

cbingham

Post by cbingham » June 8th, 2020, 7:31 am

ususports wrote:
June 7th, 2020, 9:04 pm
It is ironic that people are accusing others that they are missing the point while ignoring that no one on this board is defending racism. We all know and agree that it is And has always been wrong and needs to end. That being said, to imply that anyone who has been guilty of it in the past is no longer eligible to be a good person is ludicrous. I think everyone of us on this board has made a very poor choice when we knew better, knew it was absolutely wrong, and still did it anyway. The problem is that by human nature, we downplay the severity of our own mistakes through justification and false validation that our choice wasn’t as bad as if anyone else in the world made the exact same choice under the exact same circumstances. While we can cast the first stone at Scalley and say that his is worse than our mistakes because racism is truly awful, none of us would want our mistakes that we already apologized for seven years ago to be brought out in public and cost us our jobs. I am confident that everyone on this board, and additionally, Morgan Scalley can be (not to be confused with will be—but can be) a good person despite poor choices that we have all made in the past. Anyone who wants to argue otherwise is truly missing the point.
Not throwing rocks at anyone specific... we all have our own issues. That being said I believe that for many years that tough discussions like racism have been pushed to the side by deflection tactics. Comparing racist tweets to lesser issues or influsing humor either purposefully or inadvertently shift the discussion. While we all have our own issues I'm so happy that this issue seems to be getting addressed head on even in places that haven't been historically progressive in issues like this.

I truly feel bad for people like Scalley and others that are probably going to be held accountable for historically poor judgement. That being said I believe this is a great trade-off relative to positive evolution toward addressing wilfull hate and discrimination based on hate.

I thouroughly appreciated the comments of the Univeristy of Texas Head Coach, Tom Herman, who voiced that any person who shows up to cheer on a team of majority African Americal players on a Saturday should have a moral obligation to support them more broadly.

"We're going to pack 100,000 people into DKR [Darrell K Royal Stadium] and millions watch on TV that are predominantly white — not all of them certainly, but most of 'em white. We're gonna cheer when they score touchdowns, and we're gonna hug our buddy when they get sacks or an interception.
"But we gonna let them date our daughter? Are we going to hire them in a position of power in our company? That's the question I have for America," Herman continued. "You can't have it both ways. And if you're going to cheer them and love them for three-and-a-half hours a Saturday in the fall, you better have the same feelings for them off the field, because they're human beings. They deserve the same amount of respect and human rights that all of us do in this country when we agreed on the social contract to be a member of the United States."
These users thanked the author cbingham for the post:
Yossarian

DaKineKane

Post by DaKineKane » June 8th, 2020, 7:48 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 12:31 am
I don’t think this is a case of “old stuff coming back up” as if he weren’t older than I am now in 2013. I can forgive the beer money guy for quoting Daniel Tosh on twitter because he was 16 and was basically just stealing a joke. Whereas Scalley actually had influence and was old enough to know better.

The bigger question is how rampant was this? I don’t see how someone has the balls to put a slur in a text without fear of retaliation- unless they thought they could get away with it.

It should have been addressed at least internally right when it occurred. If it wasn’t- why not?
This.

DaKineKane

Post by DaKineKane » June 8th, 2020, 7:50 am

cbingham wrote:
June 8th, 2020, 7:31 am
ususports wrote:
Not throwing rocks at anyone specific... we all have our own issues. That being said I believe that for many years that tough discussions like racism have been pushed to the side by deflection tactics. Comparing racist tweets to lesser issues or influsing humor either purposefully or inadvertently shift the discussion. While we all have our own issues I'm so happy that this issue seems to be getting addressed head on even in places that haven't been historically progressive in issues like this.

I truly feel bad for people like Scalley and others that are probably going to be held accountable for historically poor judgement. That being said I believe this is a great trade-off relative to positive evolution toward addressing wilfull hate and discrimination based on hate.

I thouroughly appreciated the comments of the Univeristy of Texas Head Coach, Tom Herman, who voiced that any person who shows up to cheer on a team of majority African Americal players on a Saturday should have a moral obligation to support them more broadly.

"We're going to pack 100,000 people into DKR [Darrell K Royal Stadium] and millions watch on TV that are predominantly white — not all of them certainly, but most of 'em white. We're gonna cheer when they score touchdowns, and we're gonna hug our buddy when they get sacks or an interception.
"But we gonna let them date our daughter? Are we going to hire them in a position of power in our company? That's the question I have for America," Herman continued. "You can't have it both ways. And if you're going to cheer them and love them for three-and-a-half hours a Saturday in the fall, you better have the same feelings for them off the field, because they're human beings. They deserve the same amount of respect and human rights that all of us do in this country when we agreed on the social contract to be a member of the United States."
:)

KissMyAg

Post by KissMyAg » June 8th, 2020, 7:55 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

I pray for Morgan and trust that the right thing will happen in his situation. I’m not slandering the guy at all. I do hope other staff members, and other schools, use this as a reason to button up their potential issues. The Iowa stories are terrible, that stuff should not happen in this world.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » June 8th, 2020, 7:55 am

cbingham wrote:
ususports wrote:

Tom is 100% correct. Thanks for sharing, I hadn’t heard that.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » June 8th, 2020, 8:38 am

As long as we are criticizing forum members for their closely held beliefs or behaviors, I'd like to throw some mud on AgMac.

Not for anything specific, I just think occasionally we should harrass the guy. Felt like he was due.

918AGG is next week.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
USU78

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 8th, 2020, 12:47 pm

I certainly share the view that we should forgive people and shouldn't hold something they say against them forever.

On the other hand I also know it will be hard for Utah to keep them. This is obviously very public now. The whole world knows that the Utah Defensive coordinator has used racial slurs. Players obviously all know about is as will incoming recruits and it won't be going away just because he apologized no matter how sincere. In the slight chance a future player doesn't know about it, you know opposing coaches will make sure and remind them. I'd be surprised if he keeps his job over this. It isn't just being "PC" or whatever. It makes Whittingham's job much harder having him on staff. I am sure it will be a very difficult decision. I know Whitt and him are close and they have known each other for over 20 years.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 1st, 2020, 3:56 pm

Locked Previous topicNext topic