8 Aggies in Athlon Pre-Season All MWC team

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ViAggie

8 Aggies in Athlon Pre-Season All MWC team

Post by ViAggie » June 10th, 2020, 11:59 am

https://utahstateaggies.com/news/2020/6 ... 1_bwIymPGE

The only 1st teamer is KR – Savon Scarver which I think is :bs:

still skeptical about a season, but we shall see... :noidea:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Naked Bull Rider

Re: 8 Aggies in Athlon Pre-Season All MWC team

Post by Naked Bull Rider » June 10th, 2020, 12:57 pm

Athlon Sports lists us at 9 but I guess Jordan Nathan was counted twice? Once on third-team offense and again on fourth -team special teams. Either way I don't know why USU Football felt the need to tweet it when all but three schools have more players than us on this Athlon list.

https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... rence-team

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » June 10th, 2020, 1:04 pm

Hopefully our Aggies can prove them wrong. A lot of unknowns about the season. The schedule is tough, but I have a quiet confidence in this team with the upcoming year.

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » June 10th, 2020, 1:50 pm

I am scared for this season in that I don't think we will have a good record and i really don't think we'll go bowling, but I am just excited for it to happen and I want to be there for it. Covid Sucks!

pcaggie

Post by pcaggie » June 10th, 2020, 3:16 pm

Just wondering why New Mexico has so many players ahead of our team are they going to be that better this year?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » June 10th, 2020, 3:33 pm

pcaggie wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 3:16 pm
Just wondering why New Mexico has so many players ahead of our team are they going to be that better this year?
Absolutely zero chance New Mexico is better than us in 2020.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
sam tingey

slcagg

Post by slcagg » June 11th, 2020, 10:42 am

aggies22 wrote:
June 10th, 2020, 3:33 pm
pcaggie wrote:
I do not recognize many players from the other schools. No offense but that qb pool listed is not impressive. Gotta think it is a bit of a rebuilding year for the conference after seeing this list. Oh Colombi is going to be as good as this group of qbs listed.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 11th, 2020, 11:08 am

slcagg wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 10:42 am
aggies22 wrote:
pcaggie wrote:
I do not recognize many players from the other schools. No offense but that qb pool listed is not impressive. Gotta think it is a bit of a rebuilding year for the conference after seeing this list. Oh Colombi is going to be as good as this group of qbs listed.
Does anyone find it odd that the school of the "first-team" guy brought in a 4* grad transfer three weeks ago?

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » June 11th, 2020, 12:01 pm

How can the second best MWC QB going into the season have more rushing attempts last season than passing attempts? Same QB barely completed 50% of his passes while having a slightly better than 2:1 TD to INT ratio. Either the conference is in for a down year or this list is very suspect. My vote is the latter and whoever put the list together was very lazy and figured the Air Force QB is returning and the team had a great season so he must be good.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » June 11th, 2020, 12:08 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 11:08 am
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
pcaggie wrote:
Does anyone find it odd that the school of the "first-team" guy brought in a 4* grad transfer three weeks ago?
Haha. Ding ding. That is going to be interesting to see what happens there.

Boiseguy

Post by Boiseguy » June 11th, 2020, 12:14 pm

slcagg wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 12:08 pm
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
pcaggie wrote:
I don’t intend to put a damper on your spirits, but is it possible that a team brings in a player to make the team better? I don’t see how it is a “bad” thing to bring in a couple of 4 star quarterbacks. If Utah state had a 4 star rb and a Texas RB wanted to transfer to usu, would they deny him just because they don’t want people to think anything is wrong? Hank is the starter and we’ve already heard that from the OC (if you subscribe to the athletic you would see it in writing). Sears was brought in to compete with hank and chase, but also as an insurance piece if anything were to happen to hank (which is likely given his style of play).

slcagg

Post by slcagg » June 11th, 2020, 12:24 pm

Boiseguy wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 12:14 pm
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
pcaggie wrote:
I don’t intend to put a damper on your spirits, but is it possible that a team brings in a player to make the team better? I don’t see how it is a “bad” thing to bring in a couple of 4 star quarterbacks. If Utah state had a 4 star rb and a Texas RB wanted to transfer to usu, would they deny him just because they don’t want people to think anything is wrong? Hank is the starter and we’ve already heard that from the OC (if you subscribe to the athletic you would see it in writing). Sears was brought in to compete with hank and chase, but also as an insurance piece if anything were to happen to hank (which is likely given his style of play).
Don’t disagree. But qb is a lot different than rb as far as reps are concerned. And I don’t see sears coming in thinking he is going to be the backup (I’d assume that is one of the reasons he transferred). And I don’t see hank being happy if sears replaces him. It’ll be an interesting situation to watch unfold. Either way I’d agree you bring in a guy like sears if he is interested, But it also could cause locker room issues etc.

Boiseguy

Post by Boiseguy » June 11th, 2020, 1:05 pm

slcagg wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 12:24 pm
Boiseguy wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
pcaggie wrote:
Don’t disagree. But qb is a lot different than rb as far as reps are concerned. And I don’t see sears coming in thinking he is going to be the backup (I’d assume that is one of the reasons he transferred). And I don’t see hank being happy if sears replaces him. It’ll be an interesting situation to watch unfold. Either way I’d agree you bring in a guy like sears if he is interested, But it also could cause locker room issues etc.
I agree with everything that you have said! Sears believes he will at least compete for the starting spot and I could see him either sticking around like cord has or I could see him transferring right away. I personally think hank is better and I would rather he stay than sears, but I hope both of them stick it out no matter the circumstances!

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » June 11th, 2020, 1:12 pm

slcagg wrote:
Boiseguy wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
pcaggie wrote:
I'm not sure why it takes a fan from another team to point out that you can't play two quarterbacks at one time? This is twice now that this scenario has played out on our board.

I am an Aggie Man

Post by I am an Aggie Man » June 12th, 2020, 11:04 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 11th, 2020, 1:12 pm
slcagg wrote:
Boiseguy wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
pcaggie wrote:
I'm not sure why it takes a fan from another team to point out that you can't play two quarterbacks at one time? This is twice now that this scenario has played out on our board.
Yea, I'm not sure why there's been multiple arguments over Boise State's summer QB battle on here (then again I'm new so I don't have a full grasp on topics covered), but I will say that if your QB1 folds because you brought in a competent backup/competitor for the starting job then I'm skeptical of his mental capacity to be a good QB1 in all scenarios.

But then again there's the old saying: "If you have two quarterbacks you have none" so there's definitely two ways to see this and a fair amount of nuance.
These users thanked the author I am an Aggie Man for the post:
aggies22

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » June 13th, 2020, 1:38 pm

Alfred Edwards (when healthy) is WWWAAAAYYYYYY better that a 4th team selection.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 2):
aggies22slcagg

slcagg

Post by slcagg » June 14th, 2020, 9:36 am

mcaggie1 wrote:
June 13th, 2020, 1:38 pm
Alfred Edwards (when healthy) is WWWAAAAYYYYYY better that a 4th team selection.
I’d agree and I’m not sure he is even our best offensive tackle. I think Koch has the most upside and could be a future draft pick.

In my opinion this Oline group has the most upside over the next couple of years that we’ve had in a long time.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22

Locked Previous topicNext topic