Fall Sports - No Bueno

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
kofdog

Fall Sports - No Bueno

Post by kofdog » May 11th, 2020, 9:05 am

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2 ... 100733001/

I don't like the sounds of this, especially cause the rumor around town was that USU was thinking of doing all next year online only.....Please NO!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: Fall Sports - No Bueno

Post by brownjeans » May 11th, 2020, 9:24 am

I used to like Spence Cox a lot, but the way the Governor's office is handling Corona isn't winning my vote.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
AggieFBObsession

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » May 11th, 2020, 10:06 am

kofdog wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 9:05 am

I don't like the sounds of this, especially cause the rumor around town was that USU was thinking of doing all next year online only.....Please NO!
I don't know about that rumor, but I was told by a professor that they are making plans on how many people could be in each room. They would then have rotating schedules for being in class and class over video. So if a 120 person class was in a room where they determined that 40 people could attend live. They would assign every 3rd class to attend in person.

Note, this is a plan as of last Thursday. It does not make it what will happen, but rather one plan that is being considered and looked at as a real possibility.

This information came from a professor in the college of Business.
These users thanked the author Aggiefan33 for the post (total 2):
aggies22NVAggie

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » May 11th, 2020, 10:10 am

Jordan will be going back by mid June to have at least 6 week practice time and a 2 week fall camp. You're welcome
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 13):
Yossarianaggies22AggiePTUSU78pilotaggieBLUERUFiOAgsmanMrBiggleNVAggieFull and 3 more users

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » May 11th, 2020, 10:13 am

all doomed

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » May 11th, 2020, 10:40 am

So here's another question. Are they taking reservations for the on-campus dorms at full capacity, or less people that normal? Are they even renting out contracts with shared bedrooms?

kofdog

Post by kofdog » May 11th, 2020, 11:12 am

Aggiefan33 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 10:06 am
kofdog wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 9:05 am

I don't know about that rumor, but I was told by a professor that they are making plans on how many people could be in each room. They would then have rotating schedules for being in class and class over video. So if a 120 person class was in a room where they determined that 40 people could attend live. They would assign every 3rd class to attend in person.

Note, this is a plan as of last Thursday. It does not make it what will happen, but rather one plan that is being considered and looked at as a real possibility.

This information came from a professor in the college of Business.
This was from CS students that we are interviewing at work. They were told all online....but that was a while ago and I'm sure schools will fight harder now that the NCAA said this.....man I hope they do

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » May 11th, 2020, 2:06 pm

I'm guessing these two scenarios as well as another dozen have been vetted out so that when the time comes they are ready.

Thanks for the share Kof!

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » May 11th, 2020, 3:48 pm

My hell.... don't trust media! The university has already come out saying they are planning on in person classes in the fall.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post (total 2):
aggies22MrBiggle

ususports

Post by ususports » May 11th, 2020, 4:27 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 3:48 pm
My hell.... don't trust media! The university has already come out saying they are planning on in person classes in the fall.
I would like to hear what Kyle Goon has to say on the subject.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
AggieArmy

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » May 11th, 2020, 4:48 pm

ususports wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:27 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
Oh you will. Rumor is that he is currently working on a full exposé that will be released in the Fall about some mysterious coronavirus named COVID-19.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 2):
NVAggie918AGG

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » May 11th, 2020, 4:50 pm

Aglicious wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:48 pm
ususports wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 4:27 pm
ratofallaggies wrote:
Oh you will. Rumor is that he is currently working on a full exposé that will be released in the Fall about some mysterious coronavirus named COVID-19.
I think he covers the Lakers now for a California paper. He is hard at work breaking a story on a possible trade for Anthony Davis.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post (total 3):
Agliciousaggies22NVAggie

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » May 11th, 2020, 9:44 pm

I had a friend who thinks the NCAA should host the season in the Spring this year.

At first I scoffed, but the more I think about it, it could be a good solution. There’s a good chance a vaccine will be ready, there will be better weather, and we could play a whole schedule. And could you imagine having March madness during the week and College FB on the weekend?!?

What do you guys think?

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » May 11th, 2020, 9:49 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 9:44 pm
I had a friend who thinks the NCAA should host the season in the Spring this year.

At first I scoffed, but the more I think about it, it could be a good solution. There’s a good chance a vaccine will be ready, there will be better weather, and we could play a whole schedule. And could you imagine having March madness during the week and College FB on the weekend?!?

What do you guys think?
While on one hand there's a slim chance a vaccine could be ready. One certainty is a February start would put football starting smack dab in the heart of viral season. Good luck with that.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
NVAggie

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » May 11th, 2020, 9:58 pm

I want a regular schedule. Is there anybody that wants to be inside in the spring? But then again the NBA season runs all spring and into the summer. Hopefully by the time basketball season rolls around covid will be a non-issue. Go Aggies!

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » May 11th, 2020, 10:06 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 9:49 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 9:44 pm

What do you guys think?
While on one hand there's a slim chance a vaccine could be ready. One certainty is a February start would put football starting smack dab in the heart of viral season. Good luck with that.
First I’ve heard there’s a decent shot of getting a vaccine by the end of the year/beginning of next year.

And I didn’t say start February. I was more thinking Mid-March and end the season around Memorial Day.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » May 11th, 2020, 10:07 pm

blueaggie wrote:
May 11th, 2020, 9:58 pm
I want a regular schedule. Is there anybody that wants to be inside in the spring? But then again the NBA season runs all spring and into the summer. Hopefully by the time basketball season rolls around covid will be a non-issue. Go Aggies!
Football games would be held outside in the spring.

I think you got confused about which sport I was referring too.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » May 12th, 2020, 7:06 am

If we don’t have students on campus, I’m not sure we ever see a down of football again (although I think we most likely do). However, I do think this could harm many bottom rung programs. For example, if this occurred in 2007- I think IF we returned football it wouldn’t be at the fbs level.

Why? If I were still a student I would prefer to work for a semester or 2 and then return to campus when I can actually get the value of what’s being paid for.

I think there are enough people frustrated with online only that budgets are going to be tight for universities around the country- and for some schools, sports will be the easiest cuts they make. Some schools just will not have a choice.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » May 12th, 2020, 7:51 am

No spring start, and for those touting a vaccine just remember that the flu vaccine was 45% effective last flu season. We don't need a vaccine in order for life to continue as normal. If you'd like, you can take Bill Gate's vaccine when it's ready.... :)
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post (total 4):
Agliciousaggies22sneedAggieFBObsession

bpd

Post by bpd » May 12th, 2020, 9:35 am

ratofallaggies wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 7:51 am
No spring start, and for those touting a vaccine just remember that the flu vaccine was 45% effective last flu season. We don't need a vaccine in order for life to continue as normal. If you'd like, you can take Bill Gate's vaccine when it's ready.... :)
Hmmm, do I want to increase my chances 45% of not getting sick? Yes, I will take that. The flu kills, in a bad year 60,000 a year (6-7 months). Covid-19 has killed over 80,000 in 2 1/2 months and that is when people were in their homes. Stop comparing it to the flu.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post:
AggieFBObsession

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » May 12th, 2020, 9:53 am

ratofallaggies wrote:No spring start, and for those touting a vaccine just remember that the flu vaccine was 45% effective last flu season. We don't need a vaccine in order for life to continue as normal. If you'd like, you can take Bill Gate's vaccine when it's ready.... :)
The sky-is-falling crowd need something to cling to and give them a reason to leave their basements.

We need the vaccine to make people feel comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
ratofallaggies

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » May 12th, 2020, 10:16 am

bpd wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 9:35 am
ratofallaggies wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 7:51 am
Hmmm, do I want to increase my chances 45% of not getting sick? Yes, I will take that. The flu kills, in a bad year 60,000 a year (6-7 months). Covid-19 has killed over 80,000 in 2 1/2 months and that is when people were in their homes. Stop comparing it to the flu.
Should have clarified. When I said "45% effective", the data shows that 45% of those that took the vaccine didn't get the flu. There actually has been no data to show that any flu vaccine will prevent you from getting the flu. There is definitely a correlation however. So take that however you will. I don't get a flu shot, but I don't care if others do. That's the definition of freedom, people have the freedom to get a vaccine and I have the freedom to choose not to.

Debra Burks, who is one of the leading physicians for the task force has openly admitted to inflating death counts by ignoring the cause of death and counting it as COVID if they test positive. I.E. the 24 year old woman that had a heart transplant less than a year ago was a COVID death. Based off new data on asymptomatic testing and antidote tests, we know that this thing is a lot more spread than we have thought. It sucks that people die, no one likes to hear that.

Lastly, we just finished the flu season. How many deaths this season compared to past seasons?

It's fine to disagree and have different opinions based on data sets. Would be boring if we all thought the same. Based off what I have seen from controlled testing around the country, this really doesn't look as deadly as we once thought. Have good hygiene, wash your hands, be careful around elderly and those with pre-existing conditions, and live life. That's my conclusion anyway :thanks:
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post (total 2):
aggies22sneed

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » May 12th, 2020, 10:17 am

2004AG wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 9:53 am
ratofallaggies wrote:No spring start, and for those touting a vaccine just remember that the flu vaccine was 45% effective last flu season. We don't need a vaccine in order for life to continue as normal. If you'd like, you can take Bill Gate's vaccine when it's ready.... :)
The sky-is-falling crowd need something to cling to and give them a reason to leave their basements.

I'll agree to this

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » May 12th, 2020, 10:43 am

ratofallaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

I'll agree to this
And just to add to this, sports leagues and politicians need cover.

These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
ratofallaggies

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » May 12th, 2020, 11:06 am

2004AG wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 10:43 am
ratofallaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

I'll agree to this

They all want to make the move but it's almost like a game of chicken. Who wants to make the first move??? Sounds like MLB might lead the way.
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post:
aggies22

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » May 12th, 2020, 12:04 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 11:06 am
2004AG wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 10:43 am
ratofallaggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

I'll agree to this

They all want to make the move but it's almost like a game of chicken. Who wants to make the first move??? Sounds like MLB might lead the way.
I think this is exactly the situation we find ourselves in. The longer it goes on the more intense the game becomes, no one wants to blink first but at some point someone will. When they do, others will follow and we'll recognize that we got a little too caught up in the game and became too worried about what others thought, who started what, or who may sue whom.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
aggies22

TrueBlueAggie123

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » May 12th, 2020, 12:25 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:So here's another question. Are they taking reservations for the on-campus dorms at full capacity, or less people that normal? Are they even renting out contracts with shared bedrooms?
I signed up for housing (a shared bedroom) a couple weeks ago and from what I saw, they weren’t limiting the amount of kids in each room because my room hit the 6 person capacity and all the rooms had 6 beds available.
These users thanked the author TrueBlueAggie123 for the post:
aggies22

usu99

Post by usu99 » May 12th, 2020, 1:55 pm

6 people in a room?? What kind of crap setup is that?
These users thanked the author usu99 for the post:
aggies22

For all of your IT needs send me a PM!!

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » May 12th, 2020, 2:01 pm

usu99 wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 1:55 pm
He probably meant suite.

ususports

Post by ususports » May 12th, 2020, 2:42 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 2:01 pm
usu99 wrote:
He probably meant suite.
Or if it is coed, he meant sweet!
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
TrueBlueAggie123

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » May 12th, 2020, 3:24 pm

California extending the stay at home order for 3 months will mean at best an October start for college football.

TrueBlueAggie123

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » May 12th, 2020, 3:55 pm

Not good at all.

TrueBlueAggie123

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » May 12th, 2020, 3:56 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
usu99 wrote:
He probably meant suite.
I definitely meant suite haha. My bad.

sneed

Post by sneed » May 12th, 2020, 4:14 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:

Not good at all.
It’s the risk we take having California schools in our conference. Fun place to visit but wow they are dumb. We probably picked a bad year to schedule 2 Washington schools....
These users thanked the author sneed for the post:
tjensen_25

VegasBornAggie

Post by VegasBornAggie » May 12th, 2020, 4:26 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
May 12th, 2020, 3:55 pm

Not good at all.
I'm going to assume that means no USU vs SDSU game on Oct. 10th, and no USU vs Fresno State on November 14th. Thats the first of the dominos to fall unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if Washington announced that they won't have students on campus too. There goes 4 games out the window. Time to scramble and find some other teams to schedule.

Locked Previous topicNext topic