AFB Madness Elite Eight: 2 Zach Vigil Double Tackle against Air Force VS. 4 Stanley Morrison 2 fake punts, TD against HI

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Zach Vigil Double Tackle and Sack or Stanley Morrison two fake punts and touchdown

Poll ended at May 8th, 2020, 6:33 pm

Zach Vigil Double Tackle and Sack against Air Force
54%
Stanley Morrison Two Fake Punts and Touchdown against Hawaii between two defenders
46%

Total votes: 39

GameFAQSAggie

AFB Madness Elite Eight: 2 Zach Vigil Double Tackle against Air Force VS. 4 Stanley Morrison 2 fake punts, TD against HI

Post by GameFAQSAggie » May 5th, 2020, 6:33 pm

The battles started to get tough in the sweet sixteen and expect to only be tougher in this round, especially this one! It's obvious that both are great to make it this far, but only one of these can advance to the Final Four. Nearly everyone will love both of these, just love the other more. This Battle, for the Championship of the Scotsman Regional is

2 Seed, From 2014, Zach Vigil tackling the Air Force quarterback and running back on the same play, then following that up with a sack the next play.

VS.

4 Seed, From 2011, Stanley Morrison converting TWO fake punts against Hawaii and catching a touchdown between two defenders.
Last edited by GameFAQSAggie on May 5th, 2020, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLB

Re: AFB Madness Elite Eight: 2 Zach Vigil Double Tackle against Air Force VS. 4 Stanley Morrison 2 fake punts, TD agains

Post by SLB » May 5th, 2020, 8:32 pm

Vigil gets my vote because that moment was part of a 26 tackle game.

Machismo

Re: AFB Madness Elite Eight: 2 Zach Vigil Double Tackle against Air Force VS. 4 Stanley Morrison 2 fake punts, TD agains

Post by Machismo » May 6th, 2020, 6:33 am

This is a hard one but I'll havta go with Zach on this one as well. The Vigil Bros. = Bad A$$e$

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » May 6th, 2020, 9:04 am

Gotta go with Stanley here. The Miracle on the Islands was the turning point of Aggie football for the next decade, and we needed every one of Stanley's great plays to make it happen. The first one with his legs, the second with his arm (never noticed before that Bobby Wagner was the intended receiver on the tip that Joe Hill caught), the third with his hands, pulling that ball in after it went through UH double coverage.

Zach's plays were eye-popping plays from a tremendous player -- on the first one he sheds the blocker, disrupts the handoff, and drags down the ball carrier (on what looks like was intended to be a double reverse - notice 8 coming around from the left side) -- but late in a game we were going to win either way.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post (total 2):
sstrasseraggies22

Nobody here knows anything.

usubobcat

Post by usubobcat » May 6th, 2020, 10:28 am

These are two of my favorite things I've ever seen in an Aggie football game. Tough choice!
These users thanked the author usubobcat for the post:
JSHarvey

Classic Blunders:
1) Getting involved in a land war in Asia
2) Going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » May 6th, 2020, 10:49 am

OKAggie wrote:
May 6th, 2020, 9:04 am
Gotta go with Stanley here. The Miracle on the Islands was the turning point of Aggie football for the next decade, and we needed every one of Stanley's great plays to make it happen. The first one with his legs, the second with his arm (never noticed before that Bobby Wagner was the intended receiver on the tip that Joe Hill caught), the third with his hands, pulling that ball in after it went through UH double coverage.

Zach's plays were eye-popping plays from a tremendous player -- on the first one he sheds the blocker, disrupts the handoff, and drags down the ball carrier (on what looks like was intended to be a double reverse - notice 8 coming around from the left side) -- but late in a game we were going to win either way.
Even though I seeded Stanley lower, I gave him the edge simply for being things we needed to do to win while Zach's play was in a game we were going to win either way. But I did seed Zach higher because of how much that is talked about.

This has been a predictably good tight battle so far! Zach had a lead at one point, but Stanley has came back
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
sstrasser

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » May 6th, 2020, 4:43 pm

This Battle goes till Friday and is deadlocked at 15!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » May 7th, 2020, 3:03 pm

Both great plays but I have to go with Vigil. My favorite defensive play I've seen in an Aggie game.... except maybe Jake Doughty absolutely LAYING OUT that Colorado State kicker.

Locked Previous topicNext topic