How many lettermen...

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
LKGates
Posts: 3352
Joined: December 13th, 2010, 10:07 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 341 times
Contact:

How many lettermen...

Post by LKGates » May 5th, 2020, 12:32 am

will we have returning in the fall? Important number. I believe in 2018 we had 52 returning lettermen. It's important to have not just returning starters, but second team and even third team guys will substantial game experience.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post (total 3):
thegreendalegelfaggies22USU78


Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11053
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7046 times
Been thanked: 4618 times
Contact:

Re: How many lettermen...

Post by aggies22 » May 5th, 2020, 9:39 am

LKGates wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 12:32 am
will we have returning in the fall? Important number. I believe in 2018 we had 52 returning lettermen. It's important to have not just returning starters, but second team and even third team guys will substantial game experience.
We have 46 lettermen returning. Including 8 starters on offense and 5 starters on defense. We also redshirted 25 members of one of the highest rating recruiting classes in Utah State football history.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 4):
thegreendalegelfNavyBlueAggieAggiePTLKGates



Madmartigan
Posts: 2948
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: How many lettermen...

Post by Madmartigan » May 5th, 2020, 11:03 am

aggies22 wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 9:39 am
LKGates wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 12:32 am
will we have returning in the fall? Important number. I believe in 2018 we had 52 returning lettermen. It's important to have not just returning starters, but second team and even third team guys will substantial game experience.
We have 46 lettermen returning. Including 8 starters on offense and 5 starters on defense. We also redshirted 25 members of one of the highest rating recruiting classes in Utah State football history.
Against arguably our hardest schedule ever. Going to be a lot of fun.



LKGates
Posts: 3352
Joined: December 13th, 2010, 10:07 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 341 times
Contact:

Re: How many lettermen...

Post by LKGates » May 5th, 2020, 7:26 pm

Yeah. It's going to be hard to win more than about 7 regular season games this year. It does set us up for 2021 though. That year we should have a much softer schedule, with tons of returning talent. I think we'll have a 9+ win season that year.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post (total 2):
Aggie19sstrasser


Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6033
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 339 times

Re: How many lettermen...

Post by GameFAQSAggie » May 5th, 2020, 10:19 pm

LKGates wrote:
May 5th, 2020, 7:26 pm
Yeah. It's going to be hard to win more than about 7 regular season games this year. It does set us up for 2021 though. That year we should have a much softer schedule, with tons of returning talent. I think we'll have a 9+ win season that year.
And best of all, 2021 could be the return of fans being at the games after playing 2020 in empty stadiums. It's hard to believe that we could have more fans against us when we go to San Jose State in 2021 than we do when we go to Washington in 2020!
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post (total 2):
thegreendalegelfsstrasser



Locked Previous topicNext topic