Article from The Ringer on Jordan Love

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
superheroboy

Article from The Ringer on Jordan Love

Post by superheroboy » April 7th, 2020, 9:14 am

Great article from The Ringer today on what makes Jordan Love so polarizing a prospect. I totally agree with their analysis and the amount of hair I pulled out watching him play this season shows it.

https://www.theringer.com/2020/4/7/2121 ... g-prospect
These users thanked the author superheroboy for the post (total 6):
USU78AggiePTflying_scotsman2.0sstrasseraggies22sneed

AggiePT

Re: Article from The Ringer on Jordan Love

Post by AggiePT » April 7th, 2020, 10:45 am

Yeah, I enjoyed the article as well. I agree with pretty much everything the author had to say. I'm sure Jordan is causing some serious debate among scouts and GM's across the league right now. I cannot wait to see where he gets taken.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » April 17th, 2020, 2:34 pm

I can't wait to see how Love does. Big, front page of the sports section article with a huge picture of Love in my paper today with arguments why the Raiders will take him at #19. Then the writer goes on to say that the Raiders have 2 first round picks and can use their second (#19) pick on Love and develop him for 2-3 years behind Carr and Mariotta. That has been my evaluation of Love, he needs time to develop, he isn't ready to start in the NFL. That (not an immediate starter) evaluation makes him a 2nd round pick (or later) the way I look at it. The writer actually looked at film and pointed out some of the weakness Love has from being in Yost's hurry up offense. Love looked to the sidelines every play and looked to a wristband that has the plays on it. It robbed Love of needed experience reading the defense, changing plays. Plus, Grudens offense is highly complicated. I hated that part of Yost's hurry up O. Loved Yost's play calls, but hated that Wells/Yost, Anderson/Sanford felt like they needed to do hurry up.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 17th, 2020, 2:56 pm

El Sapo wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 2:34 pm
I can't wait to see how Love does. Big, front page of the sports section article with a huge picture of Love in my paper today with arguments why the Raiders will take him at #19. Then the writer goes on to say that the Raiders have 2 first round picks and can use their second (#19) pick on Love and develop him for 2-3 years behind Carr and Mariotta. That has been my evaluation of Love, he needs time to develop, he isn't ready to start in the NFL. That (not an immediate starter) evaluation makes him a 2nd round pick (or later) the way I look at it. The writer actually looked at film and pointed out some of the weakness Love has from being in Yost's hurry up offense. Love looked to the sidelines every play and looked to a wristband that has the plays on it. It robbed Love of needed experience reading the defense, changing plays. Plus, Grudens offense is highly complicated. I hated that part of Yost's hurry up O. Loved Yost's play calls, but hated that Wells/Yost, Anderson/Sanford felt like they needed to do hurry up.

And Gruden doesn't like rookies. He's like Jerry Sloan in that regard.

Eutaw St. Aggie

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 17th, 2020, 5:01 pm

Jordan will be drafted in the first round because he is intriguing enough that some team will not want to be the team that passed on Jordan Love.

Locked Previous topicNext topic