Tipa Shafted, IMO

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 6896
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1031 times
Been thanked: 293 times

Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by USU78 » February 10th, 2020, 6:24 pm



You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8785
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 3681 times
Been thanked: 1920 times
Contact:

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by aggies22 » February 10th, 2020, 6:49 pm

All the crazy $hit that goes on with some of these guys and THIS is flagged.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1672
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 444 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by Aggie84025 » February 10th, 2020, 7:35 pm

He obviously paid the price and got things turned around. This was 3 years ago.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
BustaMcNuttaggies22



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 6896
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1031 times
Been thanked: 293 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by USU78 » February 10th, 2020, 8:28 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 7:35 pm
He obviously paid the price and got things turned around. This was 3 years ago.
Yup


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5160
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 179 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by GameFAQSAggie » February 10th, 2020, 9:34 pm

If those are the standards, how were Jameis Winston and Joe Mixon allowed to work out with NFL teams.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
cdaAg



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 6896
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1031 times
Been thanked: 293 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by USU78 » February 10th, 2020, 9:47 pm

North Carolina cheats, VMI gets the death penalty.

T'was ever thus.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7904
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 449 times

Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by dyedblue » February 10th, 2020, 10:20 pm

I seriously thought this was a joke. No drug use, no domestic violence, no sexual assault and yet he still gets banned? The NFL IS SO WRONG on this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by dyedblue on February 10th, 2020, 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14006
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 196 times
Been thanked: 495 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by brownjeans » February 10th, 2020, 11:08 pm

I thought this would be about the way the coaches used him this year. Double shafted!
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
AggieBlues



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15706
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 346 times
Been thanked: 884 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » February 10th, 2020, 11:26 pm

Day and age we live in. Bunch a political grandstanding by NCAA brass who take bribes and $100 handshakes from the blueblood schools.



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2045
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by NavyBlueAggie » February 11th, 2020, 6:51 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 9:34 pm
If those are the standards, how were Jameis Winston and Joe Mixon allowed to work out with NFL teams.
Seems those two players were attractive enough to the league for the standards to be compromised. Tipa get hung out because he played for Utah State and not Ohio State. Solid post G F A.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1672
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 444 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by Aggie84025 » February 11th, 2020, 7:59 am

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 6:51 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 9:34 pm
If those are the standards, how were Jameis Winston and Joe Mixon allowed to work out with NFL teams.
Seems those two players were attractive enough to the league for the standards to be compromised. Tipa get hung out because he played for Utah State and not Ohio State. Solid post G F A.
Guys, Jameis was a standup citizen at Florida State. He was just in the wrong places at the wrong time, but they were not his fault.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8785
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 3681 times
Been thanked: 1920 times
Contact:

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by aggies22 » February 11th, 2020, 9:27 am

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 6:51 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 9:34 pm
If those are the standards, how were Jameis Winston and Joe Mixon allowed to work out with NFL teams.
Seems those two players were attractive enough to the league for the standards to be compromised. Tipa get hung out because he played for Utah State and not Ohio State. Solid post G F A.
He probably still would have gotten a shot if he was still at TCU.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1199
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 298 times
Been thanked: 354 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by ThunderAggie » February 11th, 2020, 10:01 am

aggies22 wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 9:27 am
NavyBlueAggie wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 6:51 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 9:34 pm
If those are the standards, how were Jameis Winston and Joe Mixon allowed to work out with NFL teams.
Seems those two players were attractive enough to the league for the standards to be compromised. Tipa get hung out because he played for Utah State and not Ohio State. Solid post G F A.
He probably still would have gotten a shot if he was still at TCU.
Here is the thing...why did they invite Tipa in the first place! It seems like they said ok your part of the combine and then a few days later say oh wait never mind you aren’t allowed. Way to get a mans hopes up! Just don’t invite him in the first place if your going to pull him for some arrest 3 years ago that the man has obviously moved on from.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16365
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 745 times
Been thanked: 685 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by NVAggie » February 11th, 2020, 10:46 am

A bunch of clowns running these shows.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8785
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 3681 times
Been thanked: 1920 times
Contact:

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by aggies22 » February 11th, 2020, 10:48 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 10:01 am
aggies22 wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 9:27 am
NavyBlueAggie wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 6:51 am
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 9:34 pm
If those are the standards, how were Jameis Winston and Joe Mixon allowed to work out with NFL teams.
Seems those two players were attractive enough to the league for the standards to be compromised. Tipa get hung out because he played for Utah State and not Ohio State. Solid post G F A.
He probably still would have gotten a shot if he was still at TCU.
Here is the thing...why did they invite Tipa in the first place! It seems like they said ok your part of the combine and then a few days later say oh wait never mind you aren’t allowed. Way to get a mans hopes up! Just don’t invite him in the first place if your going to pull him for some arrest 3 years ago that the man has obviously moved on from.
I believe NFL front office people basically vote and compile a list of the top people that they would like to see and the top vote-getters pickup an invite. So obviously there is enough league-wide interest that teams wanted to see what he has to offer. It sounds like it's the league front office that put an end to his workout process.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8785
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 3681 times
Been thanked: 1920 times
Contact:

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by aggies22 » February 11th, 2020, 3:28 pm

THIS is the headline from our very own USU football website. Find the typo. :bangwall:

Three Utah State Football Players Invited to 2020 NFL Scouting Combine
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State's Tipa Galiea, Jordan Love and David Woodward have all been invited to the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine, which will begin on Sunday, Feb. 22 in Indianapolis, Ind. The combine will run through Monday, March 2.
02.07.20



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2045
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by NavyBlueAggie » February 11th, 2020, 3:32 pm

aggies22 wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 3:28 pm
THIS is the headline from our very own USU football website. Find the typo. :bangwall:

Three Utah State Football Players Invited to 2020 NFL Scouting Combine
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State's Tipa Galiea, Jordan Love and David Woodward have all been invited to the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine, which will begin on Sunday, Feb. 22 in Indianapolis, Ind. The combine will run through Monday, March 2.
02.07.20
I believe February the 22nd is a Saturday, not Sunday as announced. Calendars can be very unforgiving.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8785
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 3681 times
Been thanked: 1920 times
Contact:

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by aggies22 » February 11th, 2020, 3:34 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 3:32 pm
aggies22 wrote:
February 11th, 2020, 3:28 pm
THIS is the headline from our very own USU football website. Find the typo. :bangwall:

Three Utah State Football Players Invited to 2020 NFL Scouting Combine
LOGAN, Utah – Utah State's Tipa Galiea, Jordan Love and David Woodward have all been invited to the 2020 NFL Scouting Combine, which will begin on Sunday, Feb. 22 in Indianapolis, Ind. The combine will run through Monday, March 2.
02.07.20
I believe February the 22nd is a Saturday, not Sunday as announced. Calendars can be very unforgiving.
Haha! Aggie fans should also be unforgiving when our own website can't spell GALEAI correctly!



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by TheAKAggie » February 11th, 2020, 6:44 pm

Is this not a two year old rule? How is this the NCAA’s fault, they don’t host the combine?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

Jjoey52
Posts: 3316
Joined: December 16th, 2014, 11:17 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by Jjoey52 » February 11th, 2020, 9:22 pm

At least he goes to the combine


“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

sockpuppet
Posts: 1100
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 7:49 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Tipa Shafted, IMO

Post by sockpuppet » February 12th, 2020, 6:25 pm

The NFL would look more favourably upon him had he beaten up 2 women instead of 2 men.
These users thanked the author sockpuppet for the post (total 2):
NVAggiefrankiesaysrelax



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic