As of now, exactly half of USU's 2020 opponents will have new head coaches.

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bigandblue
Has thanked: 0

Post by bigandblue » January 12th, 2020, 1:12 am

As of now, Washington State, Washington, San Diego State, Fresno State, Colorado State, and New Mexico will all be breaking in new head coaches when the Aggies play them. Can Gary Andersen engineer some wins against these adjusting teams?

In my opinion:
- If Washington State hires a coach whose philosophies differ from Leach's air raid roster, that game becomes much more winnable.
- Steve Addazio seems like a really uninspired hire for Colorado State. I think USU should be heavily favored to win.
- New Mexico is a mess, and Danny Gonzales will deserve Coach of the Year considerations if he can get the Lobos to .500. That game can be penned in as a victory.
- Brady Hoke has had success as a G5 coach, but his most recent head coach tenures (Michigan, Tennessee as an interim) have been disastrous. We will have to wait and see how San Diego State starts their season.
- Kalen DeBoer had a successful season as Indiana's offensive coordinator, and Fresno State has the potential to be a scary team. I'll be paying attention to them when the season begins.
- Washington should have very little, if not any, trouble adjusting to Jimmy Lake coaching. I hope the Aggies can pull off the upset.

It's interesting that we will be facing so many new coaches next season. I wonder if the number will grow as the coaching carousel continues.
These users thanked the author bigandblue for the post:
aggies22

Aggie84025

Re: As of now, exactly half of USU's 2020 opponents will have new head coaches.

Post by Aggie84025 » January 12th, 2020, 9:13 am

Be intersting who leach takes with him to MSU. If he takes a lot that will affect their team. The other thing is is he let them know so late generally in mid-January you're not trying to find a new coach. So the new coach has to go out and find a bunch of his assistants this could definitely impact how they come out of the gate. Obviously I am hoping they struggle immensely and it gives us a little bit of an advantage heaven knows we could use it.

coolag

Post by coolag » January 12th, 2020, 6:43 pm

Heavily favored and USU will not be a common occurrence next year.

donlarson8

Post by donlarson8 » January 13th, 2020, 9:36 am

I saw a list of Head Coach targets for Wazzu and 3/10 were other coaches that we’re scheduled to face next year. I believe is was Bohl, Novell, and Calhoun. So there’s a small chance that there could be another team with a new coach as well.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » January 13th, 2020, 11:06 am

Calhoun?!! That would be a complete 180 from the air raid! Actually all three of those would be. Why isn’t Harsin ever on these lists for P5 jobs? I could see them take a serious look at the Hawaii coach (Rolovich) though. Seems like a more similar offense and easier transition.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » January 13th, 2020, 12:05 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 11:06 am
Calhoun?!! That would be a complete 180 from the air raid! Actually all three of those would be. Why isn’t Harsin ever on these lists for P5 jobs? I could see them take a serious look at the Hawaii coach (Rolovich) though. Seems like a more similar offense and easier transition.
Oh, he is.

https://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-cougars- ... k-rolovich

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » January 13th, 2020, 12:35 pm

AGGIEinIOWA wrote:
January 13th, 2020, 11:06 am
Grinch is out of play, and lots more people are requesting Rolovich. https://www.cougcenter.com/2020/1/13/21 ... k-rolovich

I also saw that Leach had landed a big time Hawaii QB recruit (Jayden de Laura) and that maybe Rolovich could convince him to stay, because he also had a lot of recruiting contact with him at Hawaii.
https://247sports.com/college/washingto ... 136428630/

Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic