2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
rAggie
Posts: 483
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:52 am
Location: Logan, UT
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 108 times
Contact:

2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by rAggie » January 10th, 2020, 11:39 am

Image



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1004
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by ThunderAggie » January 10th, 2020, 11:42 am

UConn has been pretty much one of the worst FBS teams the last few years. Not impressed. However that does mean it is winnable.
Last edited by ThunderAggie on January 10th, 2020, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.



taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by taniataylor » January 10th, 2020, 11:43 am

rAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:39 am
Image
He's so cute!!! :)
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 4):
flying_scotsman2.0USU78crazywookiethegreendalegelf


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Full
Posts: 1770
Joined: April 27th, 2011, 11:07 am
Location: Davis County
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Full » January 10th, 2020, 11:45 am

I love it. A very winnable game against a team that has the same name recognition as Wake Forest. We play Alabama, Iowa, and likely BYU out-of-conference these years. Props to the admin for the quick addition to the scheduling page.
Last edited by Full on January 10th, 2020, 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5195
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Aglicious » January 10th, 2020, 11:47 am

:thumbsup: Added to the football schedules above...
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 2):
rAggieaggies22



rAggie
Posts: 483
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:52 am
Location: Logan, UT
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 108 times
Contact:

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by rAggie » January 10th, 2020, 11:49 am

I like that we seem to be getting back to regional games for the FCS contests. SUU next year. North Dakota in 21. Then these guys. If we are going to play a FCS game it might as well be one that draws a few hundred paying fans.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1562
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 395 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Aggie84025 » January 10th, 2020, 11:51 am

I actually love the game with UCONN. It is a winnable game and an opponent we never play. We already play BYU and a money game. This gives us a great opportunity to at least go 2-2 in non conference play for those years. I would also like us to start doing home/home with members of the MAC conference.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
rAggieoleblu111



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 907
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 385 times
Been thanked: 167 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 10th, 2020, 11:56 am

With the boost in tv revenue, do we potentially decrease our money games in favor of home-home with low-tier P5 or AAC teams? Not saying we get rid of them completely, but maybe not every year.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 3):
rAggieBustaMcNuttaggies22



rAggie
Posts: 483
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:52 am
Location: Logan, UT
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 108 times
Contact:

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by rAggie » January 10th, 2020, 11:59 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:56 am
With the boost in tv revenue, do we potentially decrease our money games in favor of home-home with low-tier P5 or AAC teams? Not saying we get rid of them completely, but maybe not every year.
Wondered this too. At minimum we should quit being sacrificial lambs to blue bloods.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post (total 2):
Fullflying_scotsman2.0



Aggie84025
Posts: 1562
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 395 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Aggie84025 » January 10th, 2020, 11:59 am

The game at UCONN is at the end of September. I have always wanted to visit the northeast during the fall to see the fall colors. Be a good game to go to and then spend some time going through Vermont and New Hampshire.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
donlarson8JSHarvey



SLB
Posts: 1166
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by SLB » January 10th, 2020, 12:00 pm

2020-2023 non-conference schedule
2020
Home- Washington State, SUU
Away- Washington, BYU
2021
Home- BYU, North Dakota
Away- Washington State, New Mexico State
2022
Home- UConn, Weber
Away- BYU, Alabama
2023
Home - Idaho State, TBD (maybe BYU since tradition has been set here)
Away- UConn, Iowa
Game breakdown by conference
AAC- 2
Big 10- 1
BYU-3
FCS-4
Pac 12- 3
SEC-1
Sun Belt-1
TBD-1



slcagg
Posts: 3553
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 163 times
Been thanked: 256 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by slcagg » January 10th, 2020, 12:28 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:56 am
With the boost in tv revenue, do we potentially decrease our money games in favor of home-home with low-tier P5 or AAC teams? Not saying we get rid of them completely, but maybe not every year.
Interesting question. While we get more revenue I’m sure our expenses such as coaches salaries will continue to go up to stay competitive. Still might need the money to be competitive.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



User avatar
Floppy Hat
Pick'em Champ - '15 FB Predict the Score, '17 Kickoff, '18 Weekly
Posts: 1280
Joined: January 11th, 2011, 6:42 pm
Location: Utah
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Floppy Hat » January 10th, 2020, 1:13 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:56 am
With the boost in tv revenue, do we potentially decrease our money games in favor of home-home with low-tier P5 or AAC teams? Not saying we get rid of them completely, but maybe not every year.
Our 2021 out of conference schedule is set and we don't have a money game scheduled.

- At Washington State
- North Dakota
- BYU
- At New Mexico State

Of course the next year, we play at Alabama for a check of $1.91 Million...when that was agreed to it was the 3rd highest amount for a money game ever. Maybe that was to help cover the lack of a money game in 2021.
These users thanked the author Floppy Hat for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



oleblu111
Posts: 1420
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 495 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by oleblu111 » January 10th, 2020, 1:28 pm

This increased amount is a great thing, but keep in mind that the increase can not just go to Football, and men's basketball. I would hope that the increase would tone down the money games we play, but I doubt they will no longer played.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 5610
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 205 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by 2004AG » January 10th, 2020, 3:33 pm

rAggie wrote:
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:56 am
With the boost in tv revenue, do we potentially decrease our money games in favor of home-home with low-tier P5 or AAC teams? Not saying we get rid of them completely, but maybe not every year.
Wondered this too. At minimum we should quit being sacrificial lambs to blue bloods.
I’m been screaming this for years but thought I was the only one.

It drives me crazy we play LSU and Alabama


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5222
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 330 times
Been thanked: 504 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 10th, 2020, 3:37 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:42 am
UConn has been pretty much one of the worst FBS teams the last few years. Not impressed. However that does mean it is winnable.
“Not impressed.” Huh? This is a great non conference home & home. It’s a great scheduling job done by the AD.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1004
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by ThunderAggie » January 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:37 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:42 am
UConn has been pretty much one of the worst FBS teams the last few years. Not impressed. However that does mean it is winnable.
“Not impressed.” Huh? This is a great non conference home & home. It’s a great scheduling job done by the AD.
I mean I am glad we got an American team, but they are at the bottom of schools I would want to play in the AAC. Maybe they will be better, but they have consistently been the San Jose of their conference. Yes there name may be recognizable, but thats mainly in basketball.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5222
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 330 times
Been thanked: 504 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 10th, 2020, 3:59 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:37 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:42 am
UConn has been pretty much one of the worst FBS teams the last few years. Not impressed. However that does mean it is winnable.
“Not impressed.” Huh? This is a great non conference home & home. It’s a great scheduling job done by the AD.
I mean I am glad we got an American team, but they are at the bottom of schools I would want to play in the AAC. Maybe they will be better, but they have consistently been the San Jose of their conference. Yes there name may be recognizable, but thats mainly in basketball.
Uconn is an independent football team, not a part of the American Conference.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1004
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by ThunderAggie » January 10th, 2020, 4:00 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:59 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:37 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:42 am
UConn has been pretty much one of the worst FBS teams the last few years. Not impressed. However that does mean it is winnable.
“Not impressed.” Huh? This is a great non conference home & home. It’s a great scheduling job done by the AD.
I mean I am glad we got an American team, but they are at the bottom of schools I would want to play in the AAC. Maybe they will be better, but they have consistently been the San Jose of their conference. Yes there name may be recognizable, but thats mainly in basketball.
Uconn is an independent football team, not a part of the American Conference.
I think you may be thinking of UMass. Uconn is part of the AAC.
https://theamerican.org/standings.aspx?standings=58



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5222
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 330 times
Been thanked: 504 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 10th, 2020, 4:01 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 4:00 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:59 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:37 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:42 am
UConn has been pretty much one of the worst FBS teams the last few years. Not impressed. However that does mean it is winnable.
“Not impressed.” Huh? This is a great non conference home & home. It’s a great scheduling job done by the AD.
I mean I am glad we got an American team, but they are at the bottom of schools I would want to play in the AAC. Maybe they will be better, but they have consistently been the San Jose of their conference. Yes there name may be recognizable, but thats mainly in basketball.
Uconn is an independent football team, not a part of the American Conference.
I think you may be thinking of UMass. Uconn is part of the AAC.
https://theamerican.org/standings.aspx?standings=58
I suggest googling a little harder.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1004
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 282 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by ThunderAggie » January 10th, 2020, 4:03 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 4:01 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 4:00 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:59 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:37 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:42 am
UConn has been pretty much one of the worst FBS teams the last few years. Not impressed. However that does mean it is winnable.
“Not impressed.” Huh? This is a great non conference home & home. It’s a great scheduling job done by the AD.
I mean I am glad we got an American team, but they are at the bottom of schools I would want to play in the AAC. Maybe they will be better, but they have consistently been the San Jose of their conference. Yes there name may be recognizable, but thats mainly in basketball.
Uconn is an independent football team, not a part of the American Conference.
I think you may be thinking of UMass. Uconn is part of the AAC.
https://theamerican.org/standings.aspx?standings=58
I suggest googling a little harder.
I stand corrected. I did not realize they were in transition. Had not heard anything about that. So I guess there basketball team will be in the Big East.
https://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-fo ... story.html



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1093
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 95 times

2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » January 10th, 2020, 4:12 pm

Unless the UConn football series comes with a home-home basketball game as well, I’m not that excited. If we are trying to just schedule a win against another G5 school, I’d just as soon schedule one that is closer. Maybe a directional Michigan school, Tulsa, UTEP,.... In all honesty it’d be fun to go to that part of the country that time of year but how many of us can realistically make that trip. There aren’t many alums or recruits from up there either.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
ThunderAggie



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 4922
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 10th, 2020, 5:08 pm

Too bad we didn't get them for women's basketball! Or good thing!



Aggie84025
Posts: 1562
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 395 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Aggie84025 » January 10th, 2020, 5:46 pm

I actually think this is the perfect type of Team you should be scheduling as one of your non-conference games. We already schedule BYU every year and then a money game. I think it is super important to have another game against a division 1 opponent that is a very winnable game for us.



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1093
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 95 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » January 10th, 2020, 7:29 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:I actually think this is the perfect type of Team you should be scheduling as one of your non-conference games. We already schedule BYU every year and then a money game. I think it is super important to have another game against a division 1 opponent that is a very winnable game for us.
I don’t disagree with this sentiment but just not excited about this particular matchup against a bad program in an area with no recruiting ties, few alum, and no historic rivalries. Actually it’s fine. Could be worse. We could be stuck with some of the games BYU-P has to play.



swordsman1989
Posts: 1039
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 8:43 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by swordsman1989 » January 11th, 2020, 1:51 am

I like the UConn games. It will be USU's second trip to Connecticut to play the Huskies. The Aggies defeated the Huskies 38-31 in Storrs back in 2001, when UConn was making the transition to D1A/FBS.

I am amazed a how far UConn has fallen over the past ten years. They were on the verge of becoming relevant in football, going to four straight bowl games, a great new stadium, in the heart of the big New England market area, and going to the Fiesta Bowl as Big East champions. Now they have had eight straight losing seasons and are sacrificing their football team to independence in a bid to keep their basketball team relevant.



swordsman1989
Posts: 1039
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 8:43 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by swordsman1989 » January 11th, 2020, 2:31 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:59 am
The game at UCONN is at the end of September. I have always wanted to visit the northeast during the fall to see the fall colors. Be a good game to go to and then spend some time going through Vermont and New Hampshire.
Having grown up on the New Hampshire side of the Vermont and New Hampshire border, allow me to make some suggestions for a few days of seeing the fall colors. IMHO you should pick the West Lebanon, NH/White River Jct, VT area as your home base for a few days. Tons of hotels, two interstate highways (I-89 and I-91) intersect there (I-91 comes right up from Hartford, CT, about a 2.5 hour drive), and virtually all of Vermont and New Hampshire is within an easy day trip. If you had just one drive to take, I would highly recommend doing the Kancamagus Highway through the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Out of the West Lebanon/White River area, take Route 10 through Hanover (my hometown - be sure to stop and see the Dartmouth College campus), Lyme, and Orford, then head through the mountains towards Woodstock and Lincoln. From there you can take the Kancamagus Highway towards Conway. You will get some great views of Mt. Washington and the rest of the Presidential Range. There are several routes back, some that will take you past Lake Winnipesaukee. It will be a long day, but well worth it. If you have some more time, and you are of the LDS faith, take day 2 and go up I-89 to visit the Joseph Smith memorial. It is only about a 20-30 minute drive. Spend a bit of time there, and then continue up I-89 to Waterbury to visit the Ben and Jerry's factory. After that, take route 100 south through heart of the Green Mountains until you meet route 4. Follow route 4 back to the White River/West Lebanon area. My recommendation would be to stop in Quechee, VT for a nice dinner at Simon Pearce.
These users thanked the author swordsman1989 for the post:
JSHarvey



3futureaggies
Posts: 62
Joined: August 19th, 2014, 2:20 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by 3futureaggies » January 11th, 2020, 2:39 am

When are we @Hawaii next? I'd think we would have a regular schedule with them.



swordsman1989
Posts: 1039
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 8:43 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 76 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by swordsman1989 » January 11th, 2020, 2:48 am

3futureaggies wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 2:39 am
When are we @Hawaii next? I'd think we would have a regular schedule with them.
Should be 2022 season based on the MWC rotation.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1562
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 395 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Aggie84025 » January 11th, 2020, 7:20 am

swordsman1989 wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 2:31 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:59 am
The game at UCONN is at the end of September. I have always wanted to visit the northeast during the fall to see the fall colors. Be a good game to go to and then spend some time going through Vermont and New Hampshire.
Having grown up on the New Hampshire side of the Vermont and New Hampshire border, allow me to make some suggestions for a few days of seeing the fall colors. IMHO you should pick the West Lebanon, NH/White River Jct, VT area as your home base for a few days. Tons of hotels, two interstate highways (I-89 and I-91) intersect there (I-91 comes right up from Hartford, CT, about a 2.5 hour drive), and virtually all of Vermont and New Hampshire is within an easy day trip. If you had just one drive to take, I would highly recommend doing the Kancamagus Highway through the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Out of the West Lebanon/White River area, take Route 10 through Hanover (my hometown - be sure to stop and see the Dartmouth College campus), Lyme, and Orford, then head through the mountains towards Woodstock and Lincoln. From there you can take the Kancamagus Highway towards Conway. You will get some great views of Mt. Washington and the rest of the Presidential Range. There are several routes back, some that will take you past Lake Winnipesaukee. It will be a long day, but well worth it. If you have some more time, and you are of the LDS faith, take day 2 and go up I-89 to visit the Joseph Smith memorial. It is only about a 20-30 minute drive. Spend a bit of time there, and then continue up I-89 to Waterbury to visit the Ben and Jerry's factory. After that, take route 100 south through heart of the Green Mountains until you meet route 4. Follow route 4 back to the White River/West Lebanon area. My recommendation would be to stop in Quechee, VT for a nice dinner at Simon Pearce.
Thank you for the suggestions i appreciate it. Looking forward to it.



donlarson8
Posts: 1637
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Has thanked: 637 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by donlarson8 » January 11th, 2020, 9:22 am

Aggie84025 wrote:The game at UCONN is at the end of September. I have always wanted to visit the northeast during the fall to see the fall colors. Be a good game to go to and then spend some time going through Vermont and New Hampshire.
I’m thinking of doing the same thing. My wife and ai have been wanting to do a trip to Boston and to Maine so we may just end up doing a big New England loop.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2014
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by NavyBlueAggie » January 11th, 2020, 11:42 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:37 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:42 am
UConn has been pretty much one of the worst FBS teams the last few years. Not impressed. However that does mean it is winnable.
“Not impressed.” Huh? This is a great non conference home & home. It’s a great scheduling job done by the AD.
I mean I am glad we got an American team, but they are at the bottom of schools I would want to play in the AAC. Maybe they will be better, but they have consistently been the San Jose of their conference. Yes there name may be recognizable, but thats mainly in basketball.
I understand UCONN is currently part of the Big East,,,a conference that greatly suffered and splintered after BS and SDSU left the MWC for "Greener Pastures". UCONN has applied two times for membership in the ACC,,,,,and not received an invitation. Their last application and subsequent conference addition favored Louisville over UCONN.



Aggie19
Posts: 404
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Aggie19 » January 11th, 2020, 11:57 am

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
January 11th, 2020, 11:42 am
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:56 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 3:37 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
January 10th, 2020, 11:42 am
UConn has been pretty much one of the worst FBS teams the last few years. Not impressed. However that does mean it is winnable.
“Not impressed.” Huh? This is a great non conference home & home. It’s a great scheduling job done by the AD.
I mean I am glad we got an American team, but they are at the bottom of schools I would want to play in the AAC. Maybe they will be better, but they have consistently been the San Jose of their conference. Yes there name may be recognizable, but thats mainly in basketball.
I understand UCONN is currently part of the Big East,,,a conference that greatly suffered and splintered after BS and SDSU left the MWC for "Greener Pastures". UCONN has applied two times for membership in the ACC,,,,,and not received an invitation. Their last application and subsequent conference addition favored Louisville over UCONN.
They are in the AAC, not the Big East. It's a good game because it is against an AAC team, who are trying to bill themselves as the P6 conference. I think the MWC should schedule as many non conference games with them as we can. Show folks that we're on the same level with these other eastern G5s that get a lot more press than we do out west.


Go Aggies!

oleblu111
Posts: 1420
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 495 times
Been thanked: 172 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by oleblu111 » January 11th, 2020, 12:01 pm

UCONN is a indy in football they are no longer in the ACC.



Aggie19
Posts: 404
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 173 times

Re: 2022/23 games scheduled. UCONN, Weber, Idaho State

Post by Aggie19 » January 11th, 2020, 12:05 pm

Thanks for the correction oleblu111. My mistake
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
oleblu111


Go Aggies!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic