Future of USU Football

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Sl7vk

Re: Future of USU Football

Post by Sl7vk » December 30th, 2019, 9:15 pm

ShowMeAggie wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 8:48 pm
oleblu111 wrote:BYU has good players on both lines, better than what we had

AFA had a 11 win season they had better more experienced player than us.

BSU is a much bigger and better program.

Guys we have the smallest D-1 stadium in the West, we drew last than 19,000 with last seasons team, and less than 20,000 with this team despite home games with BYU and BSU. If being in the same conference means you are a peer then OK, but Vanderbilt is in the SEC It takes a little more than a conference membership to become a peer Maybe with AFA, but with BSU and BYU well not really. What is the record over the last 10 years with BYU, and BSU ?
Can we dust off the moderator-assigned avatar to tag this guy for the anti-USU troll he is? All I ever hear from oleblue is how horrible Logan is and how pathetic our fanbase is and how our players and coaches are no good. I get that we have our limitations, and he's not wrong in some of what he says. But...come. on. Give the anti-USU spiel a rest...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I’d have to disagree with this take. I think he just understands some of our limitations and articulates those when expectations get out of whack.

Can we become a program that consistently wins 8-9-10 games a year? Sure. Are we that program today? No.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 31st, 2019, 8:42 am

Too bad our Athletic Department doesn't understand what to do or how to make the changes to address the problems that face our gridiron program. The answers for more fans, greatly enhanced booster money and then more game ticket sales are outside of Cache Valley. No insult intended to Cache Valley residents, but there are obvious diminishing returns in play for a number of years. .

Chod

Post by Chod » December 31st, 2019, 10:02 am

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 8:42 am
Too bad our Athletic Department doesn't understand what to do or how to make the changes to address the problems that face our gridiron program. The answers for more fans, greatly enhanced booster money and then more game ticket sales are outside of Cache Valley. No insult intended to Cache Valley residents, but there are obvious diminishing returns in play for a number of years. .
I think every dairy farmer in Ogden has been offended by this post.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 31st, 2019, 11:19 am

And I'm no dairy farmer Chod, but bless each one of them, where ever they may be... hard working salt of the earth types they are. Just need another 15,000 of them to be in the stadium for AGGIE home games.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » December 31st, 2019, 11:53 am

oleblu111 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 5:52 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 5:40 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 5:13 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 4:15 pm
BYU has good players on both lines, better than what we had

Guys we have the smallest D-1 stadium in the West, we drew last than 19,000 with last seasons team, and less than 20,000 with this team despite home games with BYU and BSU. If being in the same conference means you are a peer then OK, but Vanderbilt is in the SEC It takes a little more than a conference membership to become a peer Maybe with AFA, but with BSU and BYU well not really. What is the record over the last 10 years with BYU, and BSU ?
BYU 4-6, I'd say in the last decade, we're peers. 1-9 against Boise, not peers.
Since BYU went indy they have slipped also they are not that well coached IMHO,, but in every measurable they have much more than what we do. I believe they have the largest budget of any non P-5 school. I do not know how many neutral Observer's would believe USU is a peer with YBU, of course you and I think we are better, because of there being who they are
Our opinion is the only one that matters anyway Image

I agree our opinions are the only ones that matter, however opinions are like butt holes everyone has one
And mine’s the only one that doesn’t stink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » December 31st, 2019, 12:07 pm

WAaggieFan wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 11:53 am
oleblu111 wrote:
Aggie19 wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 5:52 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 5:40 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 5:13 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 4:15 pm
BYU has good players on both lines, better than what we had

BYU 4-6, I'd say in the last decade, we're peers. 1-9 against Boise, not peers.
Since BYU went indy they have slipped also they are not that well coached IMHO,, but in every measurable they have much more than what we do. I believe they have the largest budget of any non P-5 school. I do not know how many neutral Observer's would believe USU is a peer with YBU, of course you and I think we are better, because of there being who they are
Our opinion is the only one that matters anyway Image

I agree our opinions are the only ones that matter, however opinions are like butt holes everyone has one
And mine’s the only one that doesn’t stink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OMG I can not say that so you win the sweet smelling Butt hole title

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » December 31st, 2019, 12:34 pm

Seems like these state of the program discussions always go this way. All our institutionalized limitations turn out to be the same things I love about USU

Locked Previous topicNext topic