Coach Andersen

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
mcaggie1

Re: Coach Andersen

Post by mcaggie1 » December 21st, 2019, 8:21 pm

I think Gary is a spy from the UofU to make sure we don’t win anymore games so Utah can get our recruits, and to make sure we don’t play them anymore. :bangwall:

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » December 21st, 2019, 8:29 pm

That GPA grading scale is not accurate because it doesn’t relay the fact that he took us from a bottom dweller to competitive. He really worked amazing things here. Now, this wasn’t the best season and I’m not happy with a few things, but, what he did here in the past isn’t in question IMO.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

pcaggie

Post by pcaggie » December 21st, 2019, 8:30 pm

Give the guy and his staff another couple years, he was left with replacing 50 players? Had a very young offensive line, Had a bunch of injuries to critical guys, the three guys he brought from Utah saved our bacon, and he still won 7 games, had a winning season against hard competition, do we really think last years team would have won so many again this years schedule? (Would have been fun to see) any way let go watch BB, give Gary another couple years and remember where we are, and pretty good football and BB school, hoping to someday be a great football and BB school. We are well on our way!

coolag

Post by coolag » December 21st, 2019, 9:02 pm

Aggie75 wrote:
December 21st, 2019, 11:06 am
The wound is beginning to heal this morning and I'm still a GA supporter. I was disappointed with the defense this year primarily because I thought that was going to be more our strength rather than the offense. It's natural to lash out at the Head Coach because he's ultimately responsible, but I'm willing to accept the fact that he walked into this situation and had to play with the cards he was dealt. He had little time to get his assistant coaches in place and the good pickings were already gone. Being blown out so many times this year was an embarrassment because I've come to expect more, but I firmly believe GA will figure it out. I'm not sure what's waiting in the wings as far as red shirts and others that he may have tried to protect, but he's a good recruiter and he'll work to fill the holes. If there needs to be a change in assistant coaches, I'm sure he's already made those decisions and we'll learn about them in due time. As for going forward, I think we'll see us getting back to some basics in spring ball i.e. learning how to tackle, getting off blocks, protecting the quarterback. I'll be surprised if we don't see a marked improvement in all of those areas next year.
We are currently ranked 11th in the MWC and 127th overall in recruiting. He better fill the holes with better material.

Regulator of Class

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 22nd, 2019, 1:01 pm

Let's just be honest, Coach Andersen hasn't been the same firey coach since he left the first time. Anyone that watched him at Wisconsin or Oregon State knows what I'm talking about. You saw the same guy then, as you are seeing on our sideline now.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 4):
aggieman2828Roy McAvoyAgMaccdaAg

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 22nd, 2019, 4:23 pm

Doesn't mean he's not a quality coach, I'm not the same intense fan that was 15 yrs ago either.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 22nd, 2019, 4:55 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:Doesn't mean he's not a quality coach, I'm not the same intense fan that was 15 yrs ago either.
What makes you think Gary is a good coach now?

What is the foundation Gary will build upon going forward?

What positives did you see this year that we can use as momentum going into the off season?

All I’ve seen is a danged statue that has done little to nothing to influence or change what has occurred in the field. Even his post game Interview after the bowl basically just said he loves the kids. That is one area he excels in. I’m glad the players love him and he has done a lot in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » December 22nd, 2019, 5:32 pm

dyedblue wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 4:55 pm
JFW_AGGIES wrote:Doesn't mean he's not a quality coach, I'm not the same intense fan that was 15 yrs ago either.
What makes you think Gary is a good coach now?

What is the foundation Gary will build upon going forward?

What positives did you see this year that we can use as momentum going into the off season?

All I’ve seen is a danged statue that has done little to nothing to influence or change what has occurred in the field. Even his post game Interview after the bowl basically just said he loves the kids. That is one area he excels in. I’m glad the players love him and he has done a lot in that area.

Do you think he is a bad coach now ?

The foundation will be recruiting which is under way.

He has spoken about what the team needs going forward which is getting much more physical

What do you mean by a danged statue ? He does like the kids, and I hope they like him.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 22nd, 2019, 6:12 pm

By statute I mean the only emotion he has shown all year is when the marijuana deal came out and the little in the party game interview after the bowl.

Gary 1.0 had passion and emotion. And no GA, is not a good coach right now. I’m inclined to think it is more related to coordinators than it is to Gary. What adjustments did we make during games or even during the season?

I did like what I saw offensively in the bowl game so there is some hope there, but we lose virtually every playmaker we have so who knows.

I guess if I donate a few more bucks then we’ll get better.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 22nd, 2019, 6:41 pm

dyedblue wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 6:12 pm
By statute I mean the only emotion he has shown all year is when the marijuana deal came out and the little in the party game interview after the bowl.

Gary 1.0 had passion and emotion. And no GA, is not a good coach right now. I’m inclined to think it is more related to coordinators than it is to Gary. What adjustments did we make during games or even during the season?

I did like what I saw offensively in the bowl game so there is some hope there, but we lose virtually every playmaker we have so who knows.

I guess if I donate a few more bucks then we’ll get better.

I am not saying that Gary is a great coach, but to say he is not a good coach right now is not true in my opinion. We had some solid victories SDSU, NEV, CSU, WYO and Fresno. We beat SDSU for the first time in 50 years. Now I know people believed we were going to just roll over everybody, but we also had one of our toughest schedules ever. I realize in 3 of the losses we got blown out of the water. I am willing to give Gary time to get his recruits in here and run his system. From where we stand budget wise finishing 7/6 is not bad. I know people want to expect more, but so does every team and there are only a handful of teams that can sustain 9-10 wins every year.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 22nd, 2019, 6:42 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 1:01 pm
Let's just be honest, Coach Andersen hasn't been the same firey coach since he left the first time. Anyone that watched him at Wisconsin or Oregon State knows what I'm talking about. You saw the same guy then, as you are seeing on our sideline now.
He hasnt been the same since 59-0. I dont think people on here really understand how big of a disaster he was at oregon state.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
aggies22

Locked Previous topicNext topic