Ena has been a disaster!!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
KissMyAg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ena has been a disaster!!

Post by KissMyAg » December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 pm

Aggiecountry wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 6:53 pm
I understand everyone’s frustration and I don’t necessarily disagree with allot of what’s being said about Ena. However can we quit headlining this s*** all over this board during recruiting, can’t be good for potential recruits especially defensive ones. Has to be a better way to vent maybe chat?
Wow... I can’t believe it. A rational post. Am I on the right board?

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » December 23rd, 2019, 9:03 am

I'm in a wait and see approach with this staff. They didn't wow me this year. I think there are many factors to that. I feel they made some mistakes. They also had some good successes. The staff exceeded my baseline mark, so I am pleased with the season. I hope next year is more like the GA teams I have grown accustomed to seeing.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 23rd, 2019, 10:13 am

NVAggie wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 9:03 am
I'm in a wait and see approach with this staff. They didn't wow me this year. I think there are many factors to that. I feel they made some mistakes. They also had some good successes. The staff exceeded my baseline mark, so I am pleased with the season. I hope next year is more like the GA teams I have grown accustomed to seeing.
I don't disagree with this, and I haven't completely thrown in the towel on this staff. But I could not have been more disappointed with our defense this year. Outside of a couple decent games, it was really bad. And really hard to watch. Getting torched for 40 and 50 points - especially to byu and Boise - decimates fan interest.

We were super spoiled over the past decade with Aranda, Orlando, and even Patterson. I felt like they were defensive masterminds. Our talent was not vastly superior when they were here, they just knew how to better scheme and adjust to mask our deficiencies. One of the main examples is how aggressive they all were getting after the quarterback. It may seem counterintuitive that you would leave a weak secondary in man coverage to bring more pressure, but forcing quick, inaccurate throws or getting momentum building/drive killing sacks is worth the risk of a DB getting burned (which happens anyway when the QB has all day to throw).

After this season, I'm just not sold that Ena was ready to be a D-coordinator. I think he knows the Utah system very well, and knows what works there. But I'm not sure he's been around the block enough to adjust away from that system when it isn't working here.

On a brighter note, I actually think Sanford called some really good games. Our offense sputtered here and there, but I'm more optimistic that Sanford can implement some good stuff. He'll need to with the loss of Love, Mariner, Repp, and Bright.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 23rd, 2019, 10:26 am

NVAggie wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 9:03 am
This is where I'm at. And I don't tend to blame assistant coaches for things because I don't know how the HC runs things internally. How much autonomy does the OC/DC have when it comes to decisions on scheme? Autonomy on game-planning? I don't know. Without that knowledge it seems to be difficult to blame.

I've never found a ton of value in blame. Blame satisfies an emotion more than it solves anything practical. I find much more value in identifying mistakes and creating a plan for improvement. It's not very productive to fire someone for a mistake unless they refuse to see it and have no clear plan to fix it. If the person makes a mistake, knows it, has a good plan to improve going forward, it's much better to support that person than to fire them. If you fire them, their next employer will benefit from what they learned instead of you.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » December 23rd, 2019, 10:37 am

KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 pm
Aggiecountry wrote:
I understand everyone’s frustration and I don’t necessarily disagree with allot of what’s being said about Ena. However can we quit headlining this s*** all over this board during recruiting, can’t be good for potential recruits especially defensive ones. Has to be a better way to vent maybe chat?
Actually it is time to cease and desist, and I have been a noisy voice in the crowd indicting ENA. Agreed, peace, and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
NVAggie

coolag

Post by coolag » December 23rd, 2019, 11:12 am

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 10:37 am
KissMyAg wrote:
December 22nd, 2019, 7:01 pm
Aggiecountry wrote:
Actually it is time to cease and desist, and I have been a noisy voice in the crowd indicting ENA. Agreed, peace, and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.
Ena is awesome.

Regulator of Class

Locked Previous topicNext topic