Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by USU78 » December 17th, 2019, 6:32 pm

bigblue wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 1:51 pm
USU78 wrote:
bigblue wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 1:20 pm
It's been known in this valley that if one person is smoking it, the whole group gets charged. Not saying that's the case here but I wouldn't be surprised to see some charges dropped.
They check breath and eyes, along with some other stuff. The pee test takes a while to administer and process results. There's some science to it. Don't kneejerk throw the cops under the bus based on rumor mill.
Well my experiences speak otherwise.
CFR.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » December 17th, 2019, 6:43 pm

bluegrouse wrote:Here is the quote from Love’s attorney:

Love’s attorney, Skye Lazaro, issued a statement via email to The Salt Lake Tribune regarding the incident.
“Contrary to initial reports Jordan Love was not arrested for any offense, but simply cited by the officer for a low-level misdemeanor possession charge," Lazaro said. "Based on the information available at this time, there was no marijuana or other illegal substances recovered at the scene. Jordan maintains his innocence and is confident he will be exonerated as this matter progresses through the judicial process.”
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Cheecho6 for the post:
lionhead

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 17th, 2019, 6:48 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 4:40 pm
Listening to 1280 a few minutes ago. Love’s attorney says he is innocent and will be absolved of all charges....

FWIW.

Kinda ridiculous the kid has to hire an attorney for something like this.
One problem is he hired the same attorney that was unsuccessful at defending Torrey Green and pleading his innocence. He should have instead hired the attorney that got Turbin acquitted of charges.

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » December 17th, 2019, 6:49 pm

Does this explain Love's (I can't express myself without swearing) season? Perhaps a little less time on the bong and a little more time in the playbook is in order. If I was a teammate, I'd be pissed. Where is your sense of duty to your teammates. Very disappointed in Jordan.
These users thanked the author Smokin Joe for the post:
GreenAg

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 17th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 1:04 pm
I like Captain Budge, I honestly don't think he cares if college students are smoking weed in an apartment after finals. But the politics of this valley really ruin our reputation.
He was in my ward growing up. My mom got a ticket for turning into the outside lane from another Logan cop. She then asked him if he ever give tickets for that. He told her he didn't and just looks for DUIs.

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 17th, 2019, 6:57 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 6:50 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
I like Captain Budge, I honestly don't think he cares if college students are smoking weed in an apartment after finals. But the politics of this valley really ruin our reputation.
He was in my ward growing up. My mom got a ticket for turning into the outside lane from another Logan cop. She then asked him if he ever give tickets for that. He told her he didn't and just looks for DUIs.
I got pulled over and given a warning in Logan because I didn’t have my turn signal on in a dedicated left turn lane near the Cache Valley Mall. True story as hard as it might be to believe. Pretty sure Captain Budge wouldn’t have done that either.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 17th, 2019, 6:59 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 6:57 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 6:50 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
I got pulled over and given a warning in Logan because I didn’t have my turn signal on in a dedicated left turn lane near the Cache Valley Mall. True story as hard as it might be to believe. Pretty sure Captain Budge wouldn’t have done that either.
I have heard of other people getting pulled over for not using their signals in lanes where it is obvious they are turning. And people who get tickets for having their signal on less than three seconds. I also once got pulled over for coming to a stop at a light too quickly.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » December 17th, 2019, 7:00 pm

I want to see the body cam footage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 17th, 2019, 7:01 pm

One other thing, you would think that a urine test could prove their guilt or innocence real easily.

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » December 17th, 2019, 7:09 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:One other thing, you would think that a urine test could prove their guilt or innocence real easily.
And it wouldn’t take long to find the results. Since this was Saturday, they’d have it by now.

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

Mediocre at Best
Has thanked: 0

Post by Mediocre at Best » December 17th, 2019, 7:17 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 6:48 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
Listening to 1280 a few minutes ago. Love’s attorney says he is innocent and will be absolved of all charges....

FWIW.

One problem is he hired the same attorney that was unsuccessful at defending Torrey Green and pleading his innocence. He should have instead hired the attorney that got Turbin acquitted of charges.
Can you provide the name of the attorney representing him? I know who represented Torrey Green and it was not the best choice. Same for Robert Turbin despite the acquittal. We don't have many criminal attorneys in Logan but I know 3 locally that rival any in the state and have good ties with law enforcement and the county prosecutors. Outside attorneys (e.g. SLC) generally don't fair well here in the valley. Given the arrest situation even if JL were to have a dirty UA the probability of getting the charges dropped is high and acquittal even more so if it is bench trial. Lee Edwards is a very reasonable man as was Marx contrary to comments on this board. Even with a "mediocre at best attorney" this is winnable and is going to go away. BBall Jarred Shaw's case was a bigger problem.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 17th, 2019, 7:20 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 7:01 pm
One other thing, you would think that a urine test could prove their guilt or innocence real easily.
Correct. This is why I don't buy the "he'll be acquitted" line. The article implies they got urine samples from all of them - some willingly and some via a warrant. I'll go ahead and put my money on those urine results.

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » December 17th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Torrey Green was phucked no matter who his lawyer was.
These users thanked the author Smokin Joe for the post (total 2):
aggies22bluegrouse

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » December 17th, 2019, 7:21 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:

FWIW.

Can you provide the name of the attorney representing him? I know who represented Torrey Green and it was not the best choice. Same for Robert Turbin despite the acquittal. We don't have many criminal attorneys in Logan but I know 3 locally that rival any in the state and have good ties with law enforcement and the county prosecutors. Outside attorneys (e.g. SLC) generally don't fair well here in the valley. Given the arrest situation even if JL were to have a dirty UA the probability of getting the charges dropped is high and acquittal even more so if it is bench trial. Lee Edwards is a very reasonable man as was Marx contrary to comments on this board. Even with a "mediocre at best attorney" this is winnable and is going to go away. BBall Jarred Shaw's case was a bigger problem.
KSL is reporting he had a dirty UA. I have heard those aren't as accurate as a blood or hair follicle test.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » December 17th, 2019, 7:22 pm

As the Hurd chant: “ Stupid, stupid, stupid.” Not good for Love heading to the draft.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 17th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 7:17 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:

FWIW.

Skye Lazaro. Robert Turbin got Mark Flores.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 17th, 2019, 7:23 pm

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 4:30 pm
aggies22 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 3:24 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 3:15 pm
AgMan21 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 3:13 pm
aggies22 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 1:06 pm
I'm starting to hear there is less to this story than what is being reported. Expect this to end up being fought in court.
I guess we're all just going to ignore this...? One of the few people on this board with good sources and I haven't even seen much of a response to this post.

This is the problem with assuming that everyone is guilty from the get go. Let's wait until we have some actual facts before we "lose respect" for these players. Love and Bright at the very least have earned that much right?
I wish this was the case but it is already all over espn and internet. People are going to label him which stinks for him and his legacy and future career.
This will be adjudicated and over with before the NFL combine. By that time Jordan will be able to answer any naysayers by telling them he wasn't involved.
If this really is the case and it ends up costing Jordan by dropping in the draft, would he have a case against anyone? I'd be pretty pissed if I got implicated in something right before the biggest opportunity in my life that could cost me money.
Although I don't think it will be in time for the Senior Bowl, I do think this will get cleared up well before the NFL Combine.

bpd

Post by bpd » December 17th, 2019, 7:26 pm

Newsflash: a lot of very successful USU teams have had a lot of players that smoked weed. I’ve seen it firsthand.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post (total 3):
BleedAggieBlue0MetsJetsAggiesaggies22

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » December 17th, 2019, 7:47 pm

During GA's first stint my daughter and son-in-law lived across the sidewalk from an apartment filled with 3 poly USU linemen. They smoked weed all the time. Great guys though. My daughter and SIL loved them.
These users thanked the author Smokin Joe for the post:
MetsJetsAggies

WannabeAgAlum

Post by WannabeAgAlum » December 17th, 2019, 7:50 pm

Not sure why so many people are so bent out of joint about this.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 17th, 2019, 8:13 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 7:23 pm
Mediocre at Best wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:

FWIW.

Is it weird that I just assumed it was Demler. Every time I see a high profile case I think "Demler"

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 17th, 2019, 8:20 pm

Demler or Greg Skordas would be my to top choices.

Since it is a misdemeanor, I’m sure it will her pleas down.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 17th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Yeah. Couldn’t care less.
I had some pretty awful interactions with campus police and the Logan judicial system during my stint (96-00). The judge was a raging b#^}{ there at the time. I remember her lecturing me for 10 minutes when I got my minor in possession of tobacco (yes that’s a thing and I was 18 at the time).
There’s a good poster here who’s a police officer so I’ll leave at this, from 96-00 the Logan PD, campus police, and the local judge were not well viewed.
I’m a white guy so I would imagine it was even worse for minorities.
Hope things have changed.

WAAggie

Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by WAAggie » December 17th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Glad lpd never came to apt 42! Seems weed smells lots worse now, at least WA weed.

Mediocre at Best

Post by Mediocre at Best » December 17th, 2019, 8:32 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 8:13 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
Mediocre at Best wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:

No not weird at all. Demler handled Shaw’s case and did it well.

FWIW.

Is it weird that I just assumed it was Demler. Every time I see a high profile case I think "Demler"

Mediocre at Best

Post by Mediocre at Best » December 17th, 2019, 8:33 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 8:13 pm
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
Mediocre at Best wrote:
GameFAQSAggie wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:

No not weird at all. Demler handled Shaw’s case and did it well.

FWIW.

GUS

Post by GUS » December 17th, 2019, 8:33 pm

Skordas is not as good as the media makes him out to be. There are better trial attorneys in Utah. Demler is certainly familiar with the court landscape in Cache County, but he doesn't want to be bothered with doing trials anymore. If you are looking for a good plea deal he may be the guy. I have had cases with both of them, get along with them both. That is my educated opinion of both.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post:
USU78

Mediocre at Best

Post by Mediocre at Best » December 17th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Demler handled Shaw’s case and did it very well. Skordas cleans up in SLC but whiffs in the valley.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 17th, 2019, 8:49 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 8:25 pm
Yeah. Couldn’t care less.
I had some pretty awful interactions with campus police and the Logan judicial system during my stint (96-00). The judge was a raging b#^}{ there at the time. I remember her lecturing me for 10 minutes when I got my minor in possession of tobacco (yes that’s a thing and I was 18 at the time).
There’s a good poster here who’s a police officer so I’ll leave at this, from 96-00 the Logan PD, campus police, and the local judge were not well viewed.
I’m a white guy so I would imagine it was even worse for minorities.
Hope things have changed.
The justice judge who was really ornery, Cheryl Russell, died in 2010. I could see why people didn't like her. I thought the Juvenile judge, Burbank, was alot nicer than her.

As for the campus police, I knew a guy who was a campus cop briefly in the late nineties. He quit that job to become a counselor for a youth group I was in. He told us about a time he did the heimlich maneuver at an Aggie Basketball game. But what was terrible was he didn't remember who they were playing against the night he did it or if we won. You would think that someone who does something as major as the heimlich at a game would remember who they were playing that night.
These users thanked the author GameFAQSAggie for the post:
Sl7vk

freakboy

Post by freakboy » December 17th, 2019, 8:56 pm

I got kicked off campus for doing an ollie down the stairs by the TSC patio in the '90s. The cop wanted to see my identification.
These users thanked the author freakboy for the post:
Sl7vk

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 17th, 2019, 9:04 pm

Also, one of the last campus officers if not the last left from the late nineties retired this week. Most that are left have first worked for Logan City.

There is one that got shot in the foot the same day as the blown BYU lead, which also served as a reminder that there are worse things to go through than a football game you don't even play in. He then tried to sue the clinic for not telling the dispatcher the guy had a gun, cause the therapist didn't know. The court ruled in favor of the clinic as an officer should be prepared for anything.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 17th, 2019, 9:05 pm

freakboy wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 8:56 pm
I got kicked off campus for doing an ollie down the stairs by the TSC patio in the '90s. The cop wanted to see my identification.
Everyone has one warning to use for doing tricks on skateboards on campus.

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 17th, 2019, 9:19 pm

dyedblue wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 8:20 pm
Demler or Greg Skordas would be my to top choices.

Since it is a misdemeanor, I’m sure it will her pleas down.

Skordas yes! Your crazy on Demler

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » December 17th, 2019, 9:22 pm

As near as I can tell, Demler is a dump truck.

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » December 17th, 2019, 9:24 pm

bpd wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 7:26 pm
Newsflash: a lot of very successful USU teams have had a lot of players that smoked weed. I’ve seen it firsthand.
But a team captain and QB is supposed to be made of better stuff, specially with a lucrative NFL career awaiting him. How effing stupid can he be?? :headscratch:

Locked Previous topicNext topic