Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
NorCalAggie
Posts: 120
Joined: October 16th, 2011, 6:46 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by NorCalAggie » December 17th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Stand by for the facts, people. Don’t convict and then have a trial. All three are playing Friday.
These users thanked the author NorCalAggie for the post (total 2):
ViAggieAgMan21



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14379
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 562 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by brownjeans » December 17th, 2019, 10:11 pm

Ahbye wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 6:02 pm
brownjeans wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 5:52 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 4:46 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 4:40 pm
Listening to 1280 a few minutes ago. Love’s attorney says he is innocent and will be absolved of all charges....

FWIW.

Kinda ridiculous the kid has to hire an attorney for something like this.
If that's the case then what an indictment on LPD as a whole just rushing to charge him with a class B misdemeanor for the use and even Cache Valley Daily for blasting this out to the entire country. The story made national news quick.
Question: In cases like this, is it the LPD or USUPD or both? Where do USUPD and LPD hand off? I mean, USU doesn't have a DA and a judge, do they? Are USU cases tried in Logan Municipal court or Cache County Court? How does this stuff work?
USU and LCPD have the same level of authority, court system, etc. Jurisdiction only pertains to geography. All police officers in the state of Utah can enforce the law in any part of the state. But that doesn't mean you just go and start writing tickets in Mantua.
So what DA and what court prosecutes charges made by USUPD?



Imakeitrain
Posts: 5869
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 277 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by Imakeitrain » December 17th, 2019, 10:15 pm

Idk from what I’ve seen with Demler he seems like a shark but he also seems like he can win.

It seems a lot of people know a lot about cache valley criminal justice here.

Anyone know about Judge Cannell in state court?

From what I’ve read he seems to throw the book, but the stories I’ve read were mostly heinous crimes deserving of significant punishment.

I’m only familiar with him via news of horrendous crimes- but he seems to be more inline with “tough on crime”



hickaggie
Posts: 3058
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by hickaggie » December 17th, 2019, 10:47 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 10:15 pm
Idk from what I’ve seen with Demler he seems like a shark but he also seems like he can win.

It seems a lot of people know a lot about cache valley criminal justice here.

Anyone know about Judge Cannell in state court?

From what I’ve read he seems to throw the book, but the stories I’ve read were mostly heinous crimes deserving of significant punishment.

I’m only familiar with him via news of horrendous crimes- but he seems to be more inline with “tough on crime”
You make too big a deal out of all of this. Misdemeanor Possession is as straightforward charge as there is. The use=possession is more complicated because of metabolytes vs. actual marijuana and yeah Utah charges that as possession. There may be some constitutional aspect to the search but unfortunately its pretty hard to challenge a cop's nose. Can't prove if they are lying or not. Any attorney who knows his stuff and has a decent relationship with the prosecutors will be fine.

If the cops have their ducks in a row there isn't much that can be done evidence and constitutionally wise, but if they can prove it its a plea and abeyance worst case unless someone has their panties in a wad and wants to make headlines by making an athlete as an example. I worked with Shannon for years and he's no shark. SIncere and as straight shooting as you can get and that's who I'd have if I was charged in Cache County.

I handle several of these a month because of the Wyoming Highway patrols boredem and their determination to search every Colorado, rental, and California plated vehicle during the fall harvest with their magical dog. We get 100 lb cases that get deferrals sometimes its so common.

Don't get caught up in all this until you know the facts a bit and even then be skeptical. Even then its no big deal outside Logan. I'm guessing they charged everyone in the apartment building. Unreal that Logan Pd or USU pd is seeking urine warrants on a little pot but that's Cache Valley if its true.

The only worrisome thing for Jordan is the NFL has yet to adopt the MLB policy and still goes after the Pot and so it may affect the way some teams view him but I doubt it. Even with the testing policy cannibas with and without THC is used throughout the league as it is a good alternative to the pain killer narcotics that are 1000 times worse.



hickaggie
Posts: 3058
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by hickaggie » December 17th, 2019, 11:04 pm

If I was defending a possession case in Logan based on metabolytes in the urine, even if they can go on that how the hell do you prove where you smoked it. It shows for 30 plus days and is only in metabolyte form. How do you prove it was possessed in Cache County before metabolizing let alone Utah. I'm not sure on the case law on metabolytes vs. the drug that since its been years since I really did a ton of criminal work there but it seems pretty dubious.

Utah has a dumb and constitutional suspect metabolyte DUI statute but not for mere possession (Yeah you can get a DUI for smoking a month ago). The Utah Supreme court upheld it but it specifically allows for presence of metabolytes in the statute itself. Not sure about metabolytes to prove possession but it seems dubious. A blood test would be a different story.

As long as everyone was smart enough not to talk that seems a pretty tough case but its been a while since I did a Utah possession case by consumption.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5429
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 208 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 17th, 2019, 11:09 pm

brownjeans wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 10:11 pm
So what DA and what court prosecutes charges made by USUPD?
The Logan Justice Court for Class B misdemeanors and lower just like charges from Logan PD, Sheriff's and Highway Patrol, unless they happen somewhere in North Logan like the Space Dynamics lab, then it would go to North Logan Justice Court.



GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5429
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 208 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 17th, 2019, 11:20 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 10:15 pm
Idk from what I’ve seen with Demler he seems like a shark but he also seems like he can win.

It seems a lot of people know a lot about cache valley criminal justice here.

Anyone know about Judge Cannell in state court?

From what I’ve read he seems to throw the book, but the stories I’ve read were mostly heinous crimes deserving of significant punishment.

I’m only familiar with him via news of horrendous crimes- but he seems to be more inline with “tough on crime”
Being a Class B Misdemeanor, it's not going to Cannell in state court. It's going to Lee Edwards in district court.



ususports
Posts: 1380
Joined: November 7th, 2011, 4:54 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 334 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by ususports » December 18th, 2019, 4:12 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 1:12 pm
frankiesaysrelax wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 1:10 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 1:06 pm
Let he who is perfect cast the first stone. I certainly will be at the back of that line.
It’s easier to hit people in the back Of the head with stones when they aren’t looking.
Good point that is exactly how are society is. Sit in the back and throw stones because everyone believes their poo doesn't stink.
My poo actually smells really good. I would share a sample sniff, but that would reduce the quantity of poop particle smell for me to enjoy.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 5869
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 277 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by Imakeitrain » December 18th, 2019, 5:32 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 11:20 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 10:15 pm
Idk from what I’ve seen with Demler he seems like a shark but he also seems like he can win.

It seems a lot of people know a lot about cache valley criminal justice here.

Anyone know about Judge Cannell in state court?

From what I’ve read he seems to throw the book, but the stories I’ve read were mostly heinous crimes deserving of significant punishment.

I’m only familiar with him via news of horrendous crimes- but he seems to be more inline with “tough on crime”
Being a Class B Misdemeanor, it's not going to Cannell in state court. It's going to Lee Edwards in district court.
Understood. My question about Cannell was more general. He seems to have a tough on crime lock em' up throw away the key mentality, I was just wondering if it's more of the nature of what he hears, or if he is "like that:"



Imakeitrain
Posts: 5869
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 79 times
Been thanked: 277 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by Imakeitrain » December 18th, 2019, 5:44 am

hickaggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 10:47 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 10:15 pm
Idk from what I’ve seen with Demler he seems like a shark but he also seems like he can win.

It seems a lot of people know a lot about cache valley criminal justice here.

Anyone know about Judge Cannell in state court?

From what I’ve read he seems to throw the book, but the stories I’ve read were mostly heinous crimes deserving of significant punishment.

I’m only familiar with him via news of horrendous crimes- but he seems to be more inline with “tough on crime”
You make too big a deal out of all of this. Misdemeanor Possession is as straightforward charge as there is. The use=possession is more complicated because of metabolytes vs. actual marijuana and yeah Utah charges that as possession. There may be some constitutional aspect to the search but unfortunately its pretty hard to challenge a cop's nose. Can't prove if they are lying or not. Any attorney who knows his stuff and has a decent relationship with the prosecutors will be fine.

If the cops have their ducks in a row there isn't much that can be done evidence and constitutionally wise, but if they can prove it its a plea and abeyance worst case unless someone has their panties in a wad and wants to make headlines by making an athlete as an example. I worked with Shannon for years and he's no shark. SIncere and as straight shooting as you can get and that's who I'd have if I was charged in Cache County.

I handle several of these a month because of the Wyoming Highway patrols boredem and their determination to search every Colorado, rental, and California plated vehicle during the fall harvest with their magical dog. We get 100 lb cases that get deferrals sometimes its so common.

Don't get caught up in all this until you know the facts a bit and even then be skeptical. Even then its no big deal outside Logan. I'm guessing they charged everyone in the apartment building. Unreal that Logan Pd or USU pd is seeking urine warrants on a little pot but that's Cache Valley if its true.

The only worrisome thing for Jordan is the NFL has yet to adopt the MLB policy and still goes after the Pot and so it may affect the way some teams view him but I doubt it. Even with the testing policy cannibas with and without THC is used throughout the league as it is a good alternative to the pain killer narcotics that are 1000 times worse.
What are you saying I'm making a big deal of or getting caught up with? That Demler is a shark? I guess looking back shark may be more of a pejorative to lawyers a la ambulance chasers/patent trolls- but I meant it more in a colloquial sense. I would say it's good to have a shark for a defense attorney.

Even though I detest the practice of blaming the victim (as Demler did with a fraternity rape case a few years back)- it's his job to be a shark. From the outside looking in he gave that guy the defense he was entitled to. Even though there is some sliminess to it, it's an important role.

The only reason I asked about Cannell is because people like you seemed to know the legal system in Cache Valley and I had been happening to wonder for awhile about what the deal was with him...



FlashFast6
Posts: 25
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 6:33 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by FlashFast6 » December 18th, 2019, 6:24 am

When i played, if you got busted with weed, you were done - period. Now that's late 80's early 90's and I know times have changed, but I am sure there isn't anywhere in the USU athletics handbook on conduct that says a "little weed" possession is cool. That said, the kids deserve a fair shot in court, but the fact a possession charge is pretty straightforward (and they were charged), leads me to believe they are guilty.

I don't think Kent matches up well with USU, so if the guys get suspended, it would greatly improve our chances of winning. On the other hand I hope they are allowed to play and if Kent pulls the upset, they beat USU with their best dudes out there.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7409
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1299 times
Been thanked: 383 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by USU78 » December 18th, 2019, 6:55 am

FlashFast6 wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 6:24 am
When i played, if you got busted with weed, you were done - period. Now that's late 80's early 90's and I know times have changed, but I am sure there isn't anywhere in the USU athletics handbook on conduct that says a "little weed" possession is cool. That said, the kids deserve a fair shot in court, but the fact a possession charge is pretty straightforward (and they were charged), leads me to believe they are guilty.

I don't think Kent matches up well with USU, so if the guys get suspended, it would greatly improve our chances of winning. On the other hand I hope they are allowed to play and if Kent pulls the upset, they beat USU with their best dudes out there.
Anybody else thinking of Jerry Hughes? He got furloughed from his MJ jailing to Chuck Mills' custody for the 1972 season.
Last edited by USU78 on December 18th, 2019, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Usu0505
Posts: 550
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by Usu0505 » December 18th, 2019, 7:16 am

FlashFast6 wrote:When i played, if you got busted with weed, you were done - period. Now that's late 80's early 90's and I know times have changed, but I am sure there isn't anywhere in the USU athletics handbook on conduct that says a "little weed" possession is cool. That said, the kids deserve a fair shot in court, but the fact a possession charge is pretty straightforward (and they were charged), leads me to believe they are guilty.

I don't think Kent matches up well with USU, so if the guys get suspended, it would greatly improve our chances of winning. On the other hand I hope they are allowed to play and if Kent pulls the upset, they beat USU with their best dudes out there.
I don’t think Kent state matches up well with any team playing in a bowl game. Hate to say it because we are in it but this is the bottom of the barrel bowl and Kent state is the last drop.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



bullshot
Posts: 820
Joined: December 2nd, 2010, 3:22 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by bullshot » December 18th, 2019, 7:22 am

I got a ticket for jogging in the cemetery in 1975.
These users thanked the author bullshot for the post:
NikeRunner



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15726
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 557 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 18th, 2019, 8:24 am

I don’t want to take a pot shot at any kids on here, but to be blunt, we should be able to smoke this bowl with or without love and bright. we have the better players and can hash it out without them if we must. Sure these kids were dopes, but bright is graduating and love already declared that he’s ganja leave, so their joint citation isn’t a huge doobie, not by an ounce.


Marijuana.
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 10):
bigblueViAggieaggies22GreenAgAgliciousBLUERUFiOAggiefan33StanfordAggieMetsJetsAggiestreesap32



Smokin Joe
Posts: 3609
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by Smokin Joe » December 18th, 2019, 8:32 am

I cannot believe that Logan City cops went to the trouble of getting a search warrant for urine over some college kids smoking dope in an apartment. That is the real crime here. :devil: Clearly, Logan City law enforcement is not over-whelmed with crime. Also, the apparent theory of guilt is possession by virtue of having marijuana in their systems. In California, drugs in your system cannot support a possession charge, though it can support a charge of being under the influence. Is being under the influence of MJ a crime in Utah?

Very disappointing that Love was hiding in the apartment and smoking dope a few days before a bowl game. What kind of leader and team captain is that? Same for Bright. This will hurt Love's draft stock.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1259
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by ThunderAggie » December 18th, 2019, 8:40 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 11:20 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 10:15 pm
Idk from what I’ve seen with Demler he seems like a shark but he also seems like he can win.

It seems a lot of people know a lot about cache valley criminal justice here.

Anyone know about Judge Cannell in state court?

From what I’ve read he seems to throw the book, but the stories I’ve read were mostly heinous crimes deserving of significant punishment.

I’m only familiar with him via news of horrendous crimes- but he seems to be more inline with “tough on crime”
Being a Class B Misdemeanor, it's not going to Cannell in state court. It's going to Lee Edwards in district court.
How about we take it to the Supreme Court!!! :lol:



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 15726
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: 서울
Has thanked: 119 times
Been thanked: 557 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 18th, 2019, 8:48 am

Smokin Joe wrote:I cannot believe that Logan City cops went to the trouble of getting a search warrant for urine over some college kids smoking dope in an apartment. That is the real crime here. :devil: Clearly, Logan City law enforcement is not over-whelmed with crime. Also, the apparent theory of guilt is possession by virtue of having marijuana in their systems. In California, drugs in your system cannot support a possession charge, though it can support a charge of being under the influence. Is being under the influence of MJ a crime in Utah?

Very disappointing that Love was hiding in the apartment and smoking dope a few days before a bowl game. What kind of leader and team captain is that? Same for Bright. This will hurt Love's draft stock.
Sorry I can't accept any argument from one "smoking" Joe. Throw the book at them. Throw the
book at Queta's knees as well. Maybe they'll read it and stay academically eligible.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



MWCFAN12
Posts: 781
Joined: January 1st, 2011, 2:10 am
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by MWCFAN12 » December 18th, 2019, 8:49 am

This is so bad, and it's an absolute awful look. I can't believe that those dicks did that without me.


For hell sakes they are in their own residence minding their own business and the police feel the need to harass them.

Are police going to start going to people's houses for broken tail lights, swearing in public, homosexuality, fishing while on a horse or any one of another thousand dumb laws that are on the book still.

We have way too many police in this Valley and they think they are way too important.
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post:
MetsJetsAggies



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5374
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 376 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 18th, 2019, 8:54 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:24 am
I don’t want to take a pot shot at any kids on here, but to be blunt, we should be able to smoke this bowl with or without love and bright. we have the better players and can hash it out without them if we must. Sure these kids were dopes, but bright is graduating and love already declared that he’s ganja leave, so their joint citation isn’t a huge doobie, not by an ounce.


Marijuana.
You better believe Love will be there on the grass on Friday.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 4):
ViAggieBadElbowMadmartiganMetsJetsAggies



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8834
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 437 times
Been thanked: 267 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by ViAggie » December 18th, 2019, 9:17 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:24 am
I don’t want to take a pot shot at any kids on here, but to be blunt, we should be able to smoke this bowl with or without love and bright. we have the better players and can hash it out without them if we must. Sure these kids were dopes, but bright is graduating and love already declared that he’s ganja leave, so their joint citation isn’t a huge doobie, not by an ounce.


Marijuana.
:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8834
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 437 times
Been thanked: 267 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by ViAggie » December 18th, 2019, 9:18 am

MWCFAN12 wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:49 am
This is so bad, and it's an absolute awful look. I can't believe that those dicks did that without me.


For hell sakes they are in their own residence minding their own business and the police feel the need to harass them.

Are police going to start going to people's houses for broken tail lights, swearing in public, homosexuality, fishing while on a horse or any one of another thousand dumb laws that are on the book still.

We have way too many police in this Valley and they think they are way too important.
Meh :noidea:


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1259
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 325 times
Been thanked: 371 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by ThunderAggie » December 18th, 2019, 9:34 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:54 am
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:24 am
I don’t want to take a pot shot at any kids on here, but to be blunt, we should be able to smoke this bowl with or without love and bright. we have the better players and can hash it out without them if we must. Sure these kids were dopes, but bright is graduating and love already declared that he’s ganja leave, so their joint citation isn’t a huge doobie, not by an ounce.


Marijuana.
You better believe Love will be there on the grass on Friday.
I do not know if this has been posted but looks like they are playing!

However the article states that
"Six people were initially contacted, Simmons said, but a seventh — later identified as Love — was also brought to the officers' attention after hiding in a nearby bedroom. The responding officer requested urine tests due to the marijuana odor, and after initially refusing, the seven individuals eventually complied after police obtained a warrant."

So.....I guess he tried hiding from the law in the bedroom. Not a good idea.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46692241/3- ... possession



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9255
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4323 times
Been thanked: 2488 times
Contact:

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by aggies22 » December 18th, 2019, 9:45 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:24 am
I don’t want to take a pot shot at any kids on here, but to be blunt, we should be able to smoke this bowl with or without love and bright. we have the better players and can hash it out without them if we must. Sure these kids were dopes, but bright is graduating and love already declared that he’s ganja leave, so their joint citation isn’t a huge doobie, not by an ounce.


Marijuana.
What I want to know is how long did it take you to concoct this little passage?



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8834
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 437 times
Been thanked: 267 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by ViAggie » December 18th, 2019, 10:13 am

ThunderAggie wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 9:34 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:54 am
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:24 am
I don’t want to take a pot shot at any kids on here, but to be blunt, we should be able to smoke this bowl with or without love and bright. we have the better players and can hash it out without them if we must. Sure these kids were dopes, but bright is graduating and love already declared that he’s ganja leave, so their joint citation isn’t a huge doobie, not by an ounce.


Marijuana.
You better believe Love will be there on the grass on Friday.
I do not know if this has been posted but looks like they are playing!

However the article states that
"Six people were initially contacted, Simmons said, but a seventh — later identified as Love — was also brought to the officers' attention after hiding in a nearby bedroom. The responding officer requested urine tests due to the marijuana odor, and after initially refusing, the seven individuals eventually complied after police obtained a warrant."

So.....I guess he tried hiding from the law in the bedroom. Not a good idea.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46692241/3- ... possession
Sure he was hiding, maybe he had bad constipation?


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

hickaggie
Posts: 3058
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by hickaggie » December 18th, 2019, 10:25 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 5:44 am
hickaggie wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 10:47 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 10:15 pm
Idk from what I’ve seen with Demler he seems like a shark but he also seems like he can win.

It seems a lot of people know a lot about cache valley criminal justice here.

Anyone know about Judge Cannell in state court?

From what I’ve read he seems to throw the book, but the stories I’ve read were mostly heinous crimes deserving of significant punishment.

I’m only familiar with him via news of horrendous crimes- but he seems to be more inline with “tough on crime”
You make too big a deal out of all of this. Misdemeanor Possession is as straightforward charge as there is. The use=possession is more complicated because of metabolytes vs. actual marijuana and yeah Utah charges that as possession. There may be some constitutional aspect to the search but unfortunately its pretty hard to challenge a cop's nose. Can't prove if they are lying or not. Any attorney who knows his stuff and has a decent relationship with the prosecutors will be fine.

If the cops have their ducks in a row there isn't much that can be done evidence and constitutionally wise, but if they can prove it its a plea and abeyance worst case unless someone has their panties in a wad and wants to make headlines by making an athlete as an example. I worked with Shannon for years and he's no shark. SIncere and as straight shooting as you can get and that's who I'd have if I was charged in Cache County.

I handle several of these a month because of the Wyoming Highway patrols boredem and their determination to search every Colorado, rental, and California plated vehicle during the fall harvest with their magical dog. We get 100 lb cases that get deferrals sometimes its so common.

Don't get caught up in all this until you know the facts a bit and even then be skeptical. Even then its no big deal outside Logan. I'm guessing they charged everyone in the apartment building. Unreal that Logan Pd or USU pd is seeking urine warrants on a little pot but that's Cache Valley if its true.

The only worrisome thing for Jordan is the NFL has yet to adopt the MLB policy and still goes after the Pot and so it may affect the way some teams view him but I doubt it. Even with the testing policy cannibas with and without THC is used throughout the league as it is a good alternative to the pain killer narcotics that are 1000 times worse.
What are you saying I'm making a big deal of or getting caught up with? That Demler is a shark? I guess looking back shark may be more of a pejorative to lawyers a la ambulance chasers/patent trolls- but I meant it more in a colloquial sense. I would say it's good to have a shark for a defense attorney.

Even though I detest the practice of blaming the victim (as Demler did with a fraternity rape case a few years back)- it's his job to be a shark. From the outside looking in he gave that guy the defense he was entitled to. Even though there is some sliminess to it, it's an important role.

The only reason I asked about Cannell is because people like you seemed to know the legal system in Cache Valley and I had been happening to wonder for awhile about what the deal was with him.
I wasn't responding to you directly other than to the reference about Shannon. Cannell was in private practice when I left and I've only been in front of him for one or two civil matters. This is a justice court case anyway unless its appealed. I was just saying pot cases aren't that difficult of matters. They really don't go to trial much. All of the issues are evidentiary as in chain of custody, testing, amounts, and suppression. Once those are nailed down they get worked out with the exception of the occasional constructive possession cases.

I just can't believe Logan PD/campus PD is still so anal as to get urine warrants because they claim they smell pot. On second thought I can believe it.



FlashFast6
Posts: 25
Joined: December 17th, 2019, 6:33 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by FlashFast6 » December 18th, 2019, 11:22 am

Usu0505 wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 7:16 am
FlashFast6 wrote:When i played, if you got busted with weed, you were done - period. Now that's late 80's early 90's and I know times have changed, but I am sure there isn't anywhere in the USU athletics handbook on conduct that says a "little weed" possession is cool. That said, the kids deserve a fair shot in court, but the fact a possession charge is pretty straightforward (and they were charged), leads me to believe they are guilty.

I don't think Kent matches up well with USU, so if the guys get suspended, it would greatly improve our chances of winning. On the other hand I hope they are allowed to play and if Kent pulls the upset, they beat USU with their best dudes out there.
I don’t think Kent state matches up well with any team playing in a bowl game. Hate to say it because we are in it but this is the bottom of the barrel bowl and Kent state is the last drop.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why they play the game. I guess we will find out Friday night.
These users thanked the author FlashFast6 for the post:
GaryTakeTheWheel



User avatar
BearLakeMonster
Posts: 1838
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:45 am
Location: The Caribbean of the Rockies
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by BearLakeMonster » December 18th, 2019, 12:02 pm

ususports wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 4:12 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 1:12 pm
frankiesaysrelax wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 1:10 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
December 17th, 2019, 1:06 pm
Let he who is perfect cast the first stone. I certainly will be at the back of that line.
It’s easier to hit people in the back Of the head with stones when they aren’t looking.
Good point that is exactly how are society is. Sit in the back and throw stones because everyone believes their poo doesn't stink.
My poo actually smells really good. I would share a sample sniff, but that would reduce the quantity of poop particle smell for me to enjoy.
Image


"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5260
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 387 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by Aglicious » December 18th, 2019, 12:03 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 9:45 am
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 8:24 am
I don’t want to take a pot shot at any kids on here, but to be blunt, we should be able to smoke this bowl with or without love and bright. we have the better players and can hash it out without them if we must. Sure these kids were dopes, but bright is graduating and love already declared that he’s ganja leave, so their joint citation isn’t a huge doobie, not by an ounce.


Marijuana.
What I want to know is how long did it take you to concoct this little passage?
The man lived in Jamaica for a while, it's probably his second language.



GaryTakeTheWheel
Posts: 21
Joined: January 8th, 2019, 9:16 pm
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by GaryTakeTheWheel » December 18th, 2019, 12:12 pm

I wasn't responding to you directly other than to the reference about Shannon. Cannell was in private practice when I left and I've only been in front of him for one or two civil matters. This is a justice court case anyway unless its appealed. I was just saying pot cases aren't that difficult of matters. They really don't go to trial much. All of the issues are evidentiary as in chain of custody, testing, amounts, and suppression. Once those are nailed down they get worked out with the exception of the occasional constructive possession cases.

I just can't believe Logan PD/campus PD is still so anal as to get urine warrants because they claim they smell pot. On second thought I can believe it.
Cannell taught me media law at USU. I don't know him as a judge, but he did give me an A, and I was more of a B student. That must speak to his impeccable character.



Smokin Joe
Posts: 3609
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by Smokin Joe » December 18th, 2019, 12:14 pm

I do think less of Love and Bright: they're team captains. :(
These users thanked the author Smokin Joe for the post:
USU78



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8834
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 437 times
Been thanked: 267 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by ViAggie » December 18th, 2019, 12:17 pm

Smokin Joe wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 12:14 pm
I do think less of Love and Bright: they're team captains. :(
Innocent until proven guilty, it's the American way. Court of public opinion on the other hand.... :noidea:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
MetsJetsAggies


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

taniataylor
Posts: 1695
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 604 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by taniataylor » December 18th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Sometimes things aren't as black and white they seem....Don't be too disappointed just yet. ;)
Last edited by taniataylor on December 18th, 2019, 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 4):
vegasaggiebluegrouseAgMan21GaryTakeTheWheel


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

AgMan21
Posts: 1381
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:01 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by AgMan21 » December 18th, 2019, 12:21 pm

Smokin Joe wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 12:14 pm
I do think less of Love and Bright: they're team captains. :(
But again we don't even know all the facts. I really can't stand that men and women can be here for years building a reputation and then a news article comes out with very little fact and a whole lot of supposition and all their work is thrown out the window. How about we wait before we decide to think less of Jordan Love and Gerald Bright who are, by most metrics, fine and upstanding individuals, students, and players?

Haven't they earned the benefit of the doubt?
These users thanked the author AgMan21 for the post (total 2):
taniataylorAggie19



bluegrouse
Posts: 3187
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: Jordan Love & Gerold Bright busted for smoking weed

Post by bluegrouse » December 18th, 2019, 12:36 pm

taniataylor wrote:
December 18th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Sometimes things aren't as black and white they seem....Don't be too disappointed just yet. ;)
You mean things reported in the news might not be 100% accurate??? No.........
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
taniataylor



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic