Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by slcagg » December 9th, 2019, 7:05 pm

sneed wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 5:45 pm
Oklahoma makes no sense. None of the schools do really. I doubt he would start at Oklahoma. They are loaded for the future (supposedly).
Who do they have who would start over Jordan?
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
sneed

tkmad
Has thanked: 0

Post by tkmad » December 9th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Odds Love plays in bowl game?

sneed

Post by sneed » December 9th, 2019, 7:35 pm

slcagg wrote:
sneed wrote:
Oklahoma makes no sense. None of the schools do really. I doubt he would start at Oklahoma. They are loaded for the future (supposedly).

Tanner Mordecai and Spencer Rattler are supposed to be good. I don’t know anything about them - just highly recruited. I was really just saying what some fans were saying - what I meant by supposedly - I don’t follow that closely.

They lost a QB to transfer when they took Hurts. It’s obviously working for them (3 great ones in a row) but it might get harder to recruit top QBs if you always take grad transfers.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 9th, 2019, 8:42 pm

sneed wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 7:35 pm
slcagg wrote:
sneed wrote:

Tanner Mordecai and Spencer Rattler are supposed to be good. I don’t know anything about them - just highly recruited. I was really just saying what some fans were saying - what I meant by supposedly - I don’t follow that closely.

They lost a QB to transfer when they took Hurts. It’s obviously working for them (3 great ones in a row) but it might get harder to recruit top QBs if you always take grad transfers.
Thanks. I was curious who they had waiting in the wings.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » December 9th, 2019, 8:42 pm

I would love to have Jordan back to see if he can redeem himself next year with a more experienced O-line because I genuinely like him, appreciate what he’s had to overcome in life, and think he’s a much better player than he showed this year. I will also be thrilled for him personally if he goes to the NFL and makes it.

If he grad transfers, I will remember him fondly for the 2018 season and will wish him the best. Also, I’m not saying it’s all his fault, but I will not miss this season’s 1:1 TD to interception ratio and poor QBR in just about every game. :noidea:
Last edited by ineptimusprime on December 9th, 2019, 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 9th, 2019, 8:43 pm

I wonder if tua doesn’t declare if that does anything for Jordan and his nfl pursuit.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » December 10th, 2019, 7:40 am

slcagg wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 8:43 pm
I wonder if tua doesn’t declare if that does anything for Jordan and his nfl pursuit.
Good question. I don't think it changes much. TO start the season, Love was considered to be one of the 3-4 best QBs available. Obviously that's changed now. It hurts me to say, but I think it is in in Love's best interest to transfer to another program and play another year. That is, if his goals are to be a first round pick. I don't know Love's family/financial situation, so I can't say for sure.

A super nerd on reddit (maybe it was Freakboy) did some statistical analysis on what happens to QBs that regress their last year in college and enter the NFL. It's almost always predictive of a bad NFL career. I'll try to find it.

Edit:

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 10th, 2019, 7:47 am

Is there are any substance to Jordan transferring? Has he come out and said this? If he has not it seems a little immature on people's part to proclaim that he is transferring. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt as he has been a great Aggie and ambassador for the program. I hope he comes out lights up Kent State in the bowl game.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » December 10th, 2019, 7:50 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 7:47 am
Is there are any substance to Jordan transferring? Has he come out and said this? If he has not it seems a little immature on people's part to proclaim that he is transferring. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt as he has been a great Aggie and ambassador for the program. I hope he comes out lights up Kent State in the bowl game.
A player doesn't openly say they're transferring when there is still football to be played. Just like a coach wouldn't announce they were taking another job when there is still football to be played.

This thread was started in response to a report from a journalist that Love was considering transferring. It's not immature to discuss the possibility of him transferring or declaring for the draft as both are very real possibilities and neither are a knock on him or his character.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 10th, 2019, 8:27 am

I think Jordan starts in the bowl game and Jordan enters the draft.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 5):
ViAggieMadmartigansam tingeyBadElbowusufan1

Full

Post by Full » December 10th, 2019, 8:51 am

I know that anyone that wants to take a cheap dig at USU is eating this up. I do think there are a lot of people using this one source to put down the program as feeder school for the big programs. I want whoever is QB next year to help win the division and finally beat Boise.

I hope Love does what is best for him. I appreciate the time I spent watching him play for the Aggies. I would be happy if he stayed and shattered a whole bunch of records next season, but that seems like a slim chance right now.

Go Aggies!
Last edited by Full on December 10th, 2019, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Full for the post:
aggies22

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 10th, 2019, 8:52 am

Full wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 8:51 am
I know that anyone that wants to take a cheap dig at USU is eating this up. I hope Love does what is best for him. I appreciate the time I spent watching him play for the Aggies. I do think there are a lot of people using this one source to put down the program as feeder school for the big programs. I want whoever is QB next year to help win the division and finally beat Boise. Go Aggies!
This

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » December 10th, 2019, 11:54 am

He is back in the first round on CBS Sports predictions!

I bet he leaves for the NFL. If he is first or second round, why stay in college. Now that there is talk of him transferring, I hope he just gets drafted and is just known as an Aggie!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... secondary/
These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
Roy McAvoy

BigBlueBlood

Post by BigBlueBlood » December 10th, 2019, 11:59 am

BigBlueBaby is not wrong, nor are others pushing recruiting. It's not a one or the other proposition. He recognizes that recruiting is very important, while others pushing recruiting, seem completely to ignore coaching. Of course recruiting is extremely important. Nothing like stating the obvious and then ending on that point. Going deeper, USU has recruiting limitations, just like many other schools at its level. It's a fight to get the guys you want, and now, apparently with the news (gossip) about Love, it's hard even to keep them. Depth then becomes a problem when the stars you do have go down with injuries, which we seemed to have more than our fair share of this year. There is no doubt that if you don't have the horses to win, you're not going to, apart from some aberrations here and there. GA seems to be a good recruiter. I have high hopes. Wells was not bad at it, either. We had some good talent coming back, and most are on crutches now. There is no escaping the fact that many of our best years this past decade came from teams with talent we were not accustomed to seeing a lot of in Logan.

However, coaching kids up, and scheming, and preparing, and situational play calling, and in game adjusting are HUGE, maybe even more so at this level and with the talent that we can recruit. Having those skills as a coach will separate you from the rest. Personally, I thought we were pretty poor at it on a somewhat consistent basis. Someone argued that execution is important and that it's only on the kids for not executing. Wrong. It's on both the kids and coaches. You can teach (coach) execution. Precise execution can't do it all, but it can, to some extent, help cover the gap in speed, strength, height, etc. Enough top talent can make mediocre coaches look really good, but that's not the level at which we live. We need great coaches to move the needle with hopefully some great recruiting, but also with some, well......coaching.

So, like most things, it's a combination of factors, each being important to the desired outcome.
These users thanked the author BigBlueBlood for the post:
JSHarvey

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » December 10th, 2019, 12:33 pm

Stay or go, best wishes always Jordan! You've been a great Aggie!

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » December 10th, 2019, 1:01 pm

If he is indeed projected in the first round, and that projection seems solid, he needs to go to the NFL. If he does anything else, he is foolish.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 10th, 2019, 1:09 pm

If you can get drafted in the first 3-4 rounds take the money and run. He has represented the Aggies well.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 3):
thegreendalegelfViAggiebluegrouse

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » December 10th, 2019, 2:58 pm

dyedblue wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 7:45 pm
Gary has never pretended to be an offensive mind. We are literally the only school where Gary could currently be employed as a head coach so that doesn’t surprise me that he isn’t well thought of. It is what it is though and despite some painful moments we are 7-5.

I would Love Jordan to stick around, but I think he likely goes pro and if not then TT is a great fit with an OC that understands how to use him and adjust to personnel and a head coach that he knows well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am sure if he doesn’t go pro, he will transfer. He got minimal if any help in improving this year. Too bad they brought GA back, could be a couple long years ahead.

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » December 10th, 2019, 3:24 pm

I'm hoping one of three things happen:

1. He stays here
2. He goes to the NFL
3. Transfers to Oklahoma

Anything other than that I'll be sad for myself and nervous for Jordan. Any of those three options should play out pretty well for him, and isn't a huge negative for us. If he's transferring to TT, or another non-P5 it's not so great for us, and a little iffy for Jordan. I'll support the kid whatever he decides to do.

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » December 10th, 2019, 3:33 pm

If Jordan doesn't go to the NFL, the only schools I could see him leaving USU for are for teams like Oklahoma, LSU, USC, or Michigan.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » December 10th, 2019, 3:41 pm

I doubt he would transfer to Texas Tech. You know who their quarterback was this year? Yeah, neither does anyone else.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post (total 2):
YoungBloodAggieViAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 10th, 2019, 4:09 pm

Can we close and lock this ridiculous thread? Jordan Love is NOT transferring to TT, Dallas Cowboys, Houston Texans, maybe.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
sneed

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

IBleedAggieBlue

Post by IBleedAggieBlue » December 10th, 2019, 4:14 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 11:54 am
He is back in the first round on CBS Sports predictions!

I bet he leaves for the NFL. If he is first or second round, why stay in college. Now that there is talk of him transferring, I hope he just gets drafted and is just known as an Aggie!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/new ... secondary/
If this is remotely close to possible, he should go!!! This would be an awesome experience, leading into a great career.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » December 10th, 2019, 4:14 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 2:58 pm
dyedblue wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 7:45 pm
Gary has never pretended to be an offensive mind. We are literally the only school where Gary could currently be employed as a head coach so that doesn’t surprise me that he isn’t well thought of. It is what it is though and despite some painful moments we are 7-5.

I would Love Jordan to stick around, but I think he likely goes pro and if not then TT is a great fit with an OC that understands how to use him and adjust to personnel and a head coach that he knows well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am sure if he doesn’t go pro, he will transfer. He got minimal if any help in improving this year. Too bad they brought GA back, could be a couple long years ahead.
I can only imagine. We deserve better than 7-8 win seasons in rebuilding years every season.

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » December 10th, 2019, 4:15 pm

More speculation, cause it's during the bowl doldrums and people need something to talk about.

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/12/10 ... arterback/

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 10th, 2019, 5:49 pm

AgMan21 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 4:15 pm
More speculation, cause it's during the bowl doldrums and people need something to talk about.

This article suggests that Jordan is currently in the portal. (implied by pointing out that the Ole Miss QB is NOT in the portal)

Either this is a great journalist for knowing what I, a fan of the actual team, does not know- OR he is a terrible journalist.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » December 10th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Pretty crazy how much smoke there is about this even after Love himself said all the grad transfer talk was "way off base" and was not in the plans. Makes me think either the media didn't know that he refuted it, doesn't believe him if they did, or they are too lazy to research either way.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 10th, 2019, 5:58 pm

Aglicious wrote:Pretty crazy how much smoke there is about this even after Love himself said all the grad transfer talk was "way off base" and was not in the plans. Makes me think either the media didn't know that he refuted it, doesn't believe him if they did, or they are too lazy to research either way.
He didn't say that he wasn't transferring, just that it wouldn't be to Texas Tech.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 10th, 2019, 6:02 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 5:58 pm
Aglicious wrote:Pretty crazy how much smoke there is about this even after Love himself said all the grad transfer talk was "way off base" and was not in the plans. Makes me think either the media didn't know that he refuted it, doesn't believe him if they did, or they are too lazy to research either way.
He didn't say that he wasn't transferring, just that it wouldn't be to Texas Tech.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
This. At least that’s the way it was written in the Tweet...

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 10th, 2019, 7:19 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 8:27 am
It's like I knew already or something. ;)
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
BadElbowAgMan21JSHarvey

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 10th, 2019, 7:54 pm

Matt Wells can suck a lemon.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post:
ViAggie

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » December 11th, 2019, 8:14 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 5:49 pm
AgMan21 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 4:15 pm

This article suggests that Jordan is currently in the portal. (implied by pointing out that the Ole Miss QB is NOT in the portal)

Either this is a great journalist for knowing what I, a fan of the actual team, does not know- OR he is a terrible journalist.
I agree, plus it is based simply on the fact that he followed the Georgia OC on twitter. HOWEVER, if Love does not get a high enough draft grade and pulls out of the draft, and COULD transfer to the SEC I wouldn't blame him for a second.

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » December 11th, 2019, 9:33 am

aggies22 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 7:19 pm
aggies22 wrote:
December 10th, 2019, 8:27 am
It's like I knew already or something. ;)
Glad the subject matter of this thread (Love to Texas Tech) turned out to be a false narrative. :-)

Best of luck to Jordan in the NFL!

Go Aggies! Hopefully Love and company come out very motivated and executing well against Kent State!

[Winning big might help offset (a tiny bit) a year of not so great stats for Jordan Love.]

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 11th, 2019, 2:57 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 7:29 pm
Attended last weeks ASU and UA game in Tempe. Spoke with one scout who says most scouts grade him as a 4th round pick. This is still better than what I was told earlier in the season that he was a 5th round pick. He also said most advocate that he consider transfer to a P5 program to restore his draft stock. As the conversation went further it became clear that other than us in Cache Valley very few have much regard for GA as a head coach and an offensive mind.
I know you've posted before about your connection with "scouts" and I won't dispute it, but this is vastly different than what I've heard.

I've heard Jordan Love had a 1st round grade after the manning passing academy this summer and his year last year. Sure, he struggled this season and dropped, but it's still looking like 3rd round at latest and probably sooner. I don't think there's any way he falls to the 5th round.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 11th, 2019, 9:09 pm

^^^^^
The guy is mediocre at best.

Locked Previous topicNext topic