Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Mediocre at Best
Posts: 799
Joined: January 1st, 2014, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Mediocre at Best » December 7th, 2019, 3:38 pm

Big blue - Great question. My answer is it is more about scheme - look no further than L. Edwards and his BYU National Champ team. He put in a scheme to compensate for lack of talent. We had talent this year lots of it - even showcased in our game against Wake and SDSU then we went downhill thereafter granted we had some injuries but so did Boise State . GA is no LE or Coach H at Boise in fact though adequate he is not upper tier in the MWC. This is not about talent.



User avatar
frankiesaysrelax
Posts: 439
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 7th, 2019, 3:44 pm

We just didn’t have the depth of talent a school like Boise has. They are affected by injuries but it seems like they have many second string guys that would be starters elsewhere.



Mediocre at Best
Posts: 799
Joined: January 1st, 2014, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Mediocre at Best » December 7th, 2019, 3:52 pm

Great point. We did and do lack depth which put us at a disadvantage.



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 573
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 7th, 2019, 4:20 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 3:38 pm
Big blue - Great question. My answer is it is more about scheme - look no further than L. Edwards and his BYU National Champ team. He put in a scheme to compensate for lack of talent. We had talent this year lots of it - even showcased in our game against Wake and SDSU then we went downhill thereafter granted we had some injuries but so did Boise State . GA is no LE or Coach H at Boise in fact though adequate he is not upper tier in the MWC. This is not about talent.
The Byu team your referring to had a lot of NFL talent on it.I believe there were around 10 starters for them that played in the NFL. I also believe your over evaluating the talent on this yrs team, how many NFL caliber players are on this yrs team? Love, Woody and maybe Tipa. You already stated that Love is only a 4th round talent why not ask your NFL scout buddies about the talent on our team.



User avatar
bigbluebaby
Posts: 1543
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 2:11 pm
Location: Logan, Idaho Falls, Rock Springs,
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by bigbluebaby » December 7th, 2019, 4:57 pm

You didn’t answer the questions.

Does BYU have more talent than us?

Does Air Force have more talent than us?

Does Boise have more talent than us?

Depth and all.

And if so do they have so much more that they should have blown us off the field by 30??

If they don’t have more talent or barely more then if everything is about talent whey weren’t those games wins or at least close fought battles.

Cmon you know the answer...

The it’s all about the talent level of the players argument Does not work.

Coaching is a huge determinant in wins losses and how you play.

That is why we got blown out by 3 teams with less than or equal talent and depth than we had.

Not sure why that is hard for you to admit.


"So your saying I got a chance ??!!"

JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 573
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by JFW_AGGIES » December 7th, 2019, 5:17 pm

bigbluebaby wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 4:57 pm
You didn’t answer the questions.

Does BYU have more talent than us?

Does Air Force have more talent than us?

Does Boise have more talent than us?

Depth and all.

And if so do they have so much more that they should have blown us off the field by 30??

If they don’t have more talent or barely more then if everything is about talent whey weren’t those games wins or at least close fought battles.

Cmon you know the answer...

The it’s all about the talent level of the players argument Does not work.

Coaching is a huge determinant in wins losses and how you play.

That is why we got blown out by 3 teams with less than or equal talent and depth than we had.

Not sure why that is hard for you to admit.
Like a previous poster already stated ...you can win with any scheme if you have the talent and the execution to run your scheme. Are the teams you've mentioned in your post that much better than us in point margin probly not but they were that day. Air force has one of TC's best teams ever and yes boise is really good, even our 11-2 team was handled by BSU. I'm not saying that scheme doesn't play apart in team success it does, but talent and excision play a larger role in IMHO.



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 798
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Sl7vk » December 7th, 2019, 7:32 pm

bigbluebaby wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 4:57 pm
You didn’t answer the questions.

Does BYU have more talent than us?

Does Air Force have more talent than us?

Does Boise have more talent than us?

Depth and all.

And if so do they have so much more that they should have blown us off the field by 30??

If they don’t have more talent or barely more then if everything is about talent whey weren’t those games wins or at least close fought battles.

Cmon you know the answer...

The it’s all about the talent level of the players argument Does not work.

Coaching is a huge determinant in wins losses and how you play.

That is why we got blown out by 3 teams with less than or equal talent and depth than we had.

Not sure why that is hard for you to admit.
Dude, do you not understand seniority?
AFA is Senior laden. That matters!
Our Oline might have the same talent as AFA but they were all 2 to 3 years younger with dozens less games started!



Mediocre at Best
Posts: 799
Joined: January 1st, 2014, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Mediocre at Best » December 7th, 2019, 8:27 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 4:20 pm
Mediocre at Best wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 3:38 pm
Big blue - Great question. My answer is it is more about scheme - look no further than L. Edwards and his BYU National Champ team. He put in a scheme to compensate for lack of talent. We had talent this year lots of it - even showcased in our game against Wake and SDSU then we went downhill thereafter granted we had some injuries but so did Boise State . GA is no LE or Coach H at Boise in fact though adequate he is not upper tier in the MWC. This is not about talent.
The Byu team your referring to had a lot of NFL talent on it.I believe there were around 10 starters for them that played in the NFL. I also believe your over evaluating the talent on this yrs team, how many NFL caliber players are on this yrs team? Love, Woody and maybe Tipa. You already stated that Love is only a 4th round talent why not ask your NFL scout buddies about the talent on our team.
I recognize there was some NFL talent there but the bigger point is Coach Edwards recognized his recruiting limitations and put in a scheme that would account for receivers with lesser speed a difficult to defend passing game because he did not have the horses to do smash mouth football. Look at Urban's 1st year at the U of U he publicly acknowledged the talent limitations and need to forgo installing his offense until year 2. He adapted an offense to fit the limited talent he had and actually had a successful year. That is the sign of good coaching. As for my buddies I have spoken to them about the talent levels of other players on the team. They indicate the year was so odd with so many changes it is difficult to assess NFL potential and the instability of play on the field has actually hurt the stock of some of the guys who they considered to have NFL potential. Scarver is it in terms of consistency between pre season and season grades. Siaosi though promising this year remains a long shot in part because of his limited experience at the U of U and a casualty of Coach W's past offensive woes.



User avatar
JSHarvey
Posts: 1816
Joined: April 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 680 times
Been thanked: 102 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by JSHarvey » December 8th, 2019, 8:53 am

(Just my opinion - which in not based on anything more than watching the games. I have no personal playing or coaching experience.)

Boise and Air Force had more talent and more experience. While the results of those games were incredibly annoying, in hindsight they are understandable. (As was the LSU result.)

However, while BYU just flat out beat us, BYU likely doesn't have any better talent. A lot of computer programs rate BYU and USU as essentially tied this year. That they man handled us shows they were better prepared, better coached, and their players worked harder/smarter. They just out did us in basically every area.

I think the two losses this year that could have been wins with better coaching decisions and better coaching motivational efforts were Wake Forest and BYU. Gary Andersen needs to up his game (and his coaches' games) in terms of game preparation, in-game decision making, play calling, adjustments, and player motivation considerably next year. It will be very interesting to see what happens.
Last edited by JSHarvey on December 9th, 2019, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.


"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

Ahbye
Posts: 1734
Joined: September 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 143 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Ahbye » December 8th, 2019, 10:09 am

JSHarvey wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 8:53 am
(Just my opinion - which in not based on anything more than watching the games. I have no personal playing or coaching experience.)

Boise and Air Force had more talent and more experience. While the results of those games were incredibly annoying, in hindsight they are understandable. (As was the LSU result.)

However, while BYU just flat out beat us, BYU likely doesn't have any better talent. A lot of computer programs rate BYU and USU as essentially tied this year. That they man handled us shows they were better prepared, better coached, and their players worked harder/smarter. They just out did us in basically every area.

I think the two losses this year that could have been wins with better coaching decisions and better coaching motivational efforts were Wake Forest and BYU. Gary Andersen needs to up his game (and his coaches' games) in terms of game preparation, in-game decision making and play calling, adjustments, and player motivation considerably next year. It will be very interesting to see what happens.
I'll address this to the thread in general, because I think you hit the nail on the head with coaching. Having had some exposure to some of the coaches involved for years, I can see where there have been some elements that have occurred in just the right proportions and timings to hurt us. It's hard to evaluate talent across the board with dissimilar schemes such as AFA has. I think they were more talented on defense because they can't run a gimmick defense and have similar schemes to the rest of the country. Offense is much more difficult because of what they run. Do they have better qb's, receivers, or running backs? Definite no on the first two, and probably no on the second. Are their linemen diverse enough to run an expanded playbook like ours are or will be? Also, probably not, but why change if what they are doing works?

A lot of small town high school teams win year after year because the kids will start running the same offense in little league, and by the time they get to their senior year, they're very good at it. AFA, Navy, and Army are the same way. It's where a lot of those high school kids end up. It's a lot like comparing a physician's assistant with a physician or a radiology tech with a radiologist. (Not throwing shade at any profession at all.) Both of the latter have more capability or breadth, but if you get a really good version of the former, you won't miss the latter until there is a really big problem. AFA has shown that they can plug people into their scheme and get the most out of them. That's the disparity this year, because we most definitely could not do the same with our people and our scheme.

We had a perfect storm year of very little depth and lots of injuries on defense, which allowed opposing teams several more opportunities to score. We also had a first-year coordinator who was given a bit too much of a free rein, and Gary should have stepped in to help. Our offense was run by a proven coordinator who was unfortunately unproven on the scheme. If you took the same playbook we had this year and ran it with a slowed down pace, it would allow room for much better innovation and adjustment when run by that same coordinator. We were basically limited to a scripted two plays per down, regardless of down and distance or defensive scheme. Scripted offenses heavily rely on execution and experience. We didn't have that experience this year. When we speak of what made Sanford successful at Boise, we forget that Sanford made a lot of hay with surprise special plays during his Boise days. (I refuse to use the term "trick" play because a well-executed special play takes a lot more skill and concentration from 11 guys than a run-of-the-mill play.)

I remember talking to Harsin years ago (we played against each other in high school and bumped into each other on occasion when he was OC at Boise), and he mentioned that one of the things they had to do with the special plays was install them as packages with certain personnel. You couldn't get the level of efficiency or execution if you just called the play with any personnel group, and you can't just call the play again if you mess up. A lot of people don't understand that, and I didn't either. They always named those groups something cool, like Delta Force, or Raid Team or something like that. Those guys became the specialized group who could run that play to perfection in their sleep, and were a reason BSU was so successful with those at important times in games. The only drawback was that the play was always disposable because if you tried to run it again, the personnel gave it away. It was a difference in the strategic and tactical phases of any football game. The strategic portion is to show a formation that will execute the special play later on, but insert the Delta Force group in that same formation later on as the tactical portion to actually run the play. You can't do that in a hurry-up offense, so that eliminates one of Sanford's skill-sets from the very beginning. Our other issue on offense was a youthful offensive line. When people say that offensive line is the most cerebral position in all of football, they're not kidding. Where that hurt us this year was during in-week adjustments. Instead of installing plays, formations, or schemes that would have helped us to adjust, they pretty much just had to go with what they were doing, and because we were so thin at a bunch of positions and were juggling, we couldn't create special personnel groups like BSU or even we did in the past with some of our deeper teams.

TLDR, we didn't scheme to fit certain players/plays and those teams who beat us did. It's maybe a coaching talent or execution gap more than an athletic talent issue.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by dyedblue » December 8th, 2019, 11:03 am

Great post. Your post highlights why I have been so frustrated this year. Since the beginning of the year we all saw the need to slow things down. That is something that can be changed during the season, especially with two early byes.

As to the young offensive line, there are a lot of plays that are designed to counter pressure. We didn’t seem to ever try anything real different. Slowing the offense down would have also let them think through what there assignment was for the next play instead of just racing up there to get set and bam your in the middle of the next play.

The other item comes in the run game. Gerald Bright killed it last year by getting in space and not by running it into the middle of the line each play like he is Jerome Bettis. We ran a couple of token jets sweeps later in the year to Thompkins but only once a game at most.

On the defensive side the whole year just went downhill from the first game on. We were actually decent in the beginning and regressed with a scheme that we weren’t capable of running from a personnel standpoint. It is much harder to switch basic schemes in the middle of the season, but with so many returning starters I would think they would still know how to play in a 3-4 from last year. If the problems were so obvious to the last fans, shouldn’t the staff have seen warning signs in Spring ball and fall camp? Again, we had two early byes to iron out issues.

Despite differences in talent, there is no excuse to get by three per institutions in the same season. Especially when other peer teams competed very well with them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
Ahbye


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

hickaggie
Posts: 3062
Joined: November 15th, 2010, 10:13 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 129 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by hickaggie » December 8th, 2019, 1:53 pm

Ahbye wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 10:09 am
JSHarvey wrote:
December 8th, 2019, 8:53 am
(Just my opinion - which in not based on anything more than watching the games. I have no personal playing or coaching experience.)

Boise and Air Force had more talent and more experience. While the results of those games were incredibly annoying, in hindsight they are understandable. (As was the LSU result.)

However, while BYU just flat out beat us, BYU likely doesn't have any better talent. A lot of computer programs rate BYU and USU as essentially tied this year. That they man handled us shows they were better prepared, better coached, and their players worked harder/smarter. They just out did us in basically every area.

I think the two losses this year that could have been wins with better coaching decisions and better coaching motivational efforts were Wake Forest and BYU. Gary Andersen needs to up his game (and his coaches' games) in terms of game preparation, in-game decision making and play calling, adjustments, and player motivation considerably next year. It will be very interesting to see what happens.
I'll address this to the thread in general, because I think you hit the nail on the head with coaching. Having had some exposure to some of the coaches involved for years, I can see where there have been some elements that have occurred in just the right proportions and timings to hurt us. It's hard to evaluate talent across the board with dissimilar schemes such as AFA has. I think they were more talented on defense because they can't run a gimmick defense and have similar schemes to the rest of the country. Offense is much more difficult because of what they run. Do they have better qb's, receivers, or running backs? Definite no on the first two, and probably no on the second. Are their linemen diverse enough to run an expanded playbook like ours are or will be? Also, probably not, but why change if what they are doing works?

A lot of small town high school teams win year after year because the kids will start running the same offense in little league, and by the time they get to their senior year, they're very good at it. AFA, Navy, and Army are the same way. It's where a lot of those high school kids end up. It's a lot like comparing a physician's assistant with a physician or a radiology tech with a radiologist. (Not throwing shade at any profession at all.) Both of the latter have more capability or breadth, but if you get a really good version of the former, you won't miss the latter until there is a really big problem. AFA has shown that they can plug people into their scheme and get the most out of them. That's the disparity this year, because we most definitely could not do the same with our people and our scheme.

We had a perfect storm year of very little depth and lots of injuries on defense, which allowed opposing teams several more opportunities to score. We also had a first-year coordinator who was given a bit too much of a free rein, and Gary should have stepped in to help. Our offense was run by a proven coordinator who was unfortunately unproven on the scheme. If you took the same playbook we had this year and ran it with a slowed down pace, it would allow room for much better innovation and adjustment when run by that same coordinator. We were basically limited to a scripted two plays per down, regardless of down and distance or defensive scheme. Scripted offenses heavily rely on execution and experience. We didn't have that experience this year. When we speak of what made Sanford successful at Boise, we forget that Sanford made a lot of hay with surprise special plays during his Boise days. (I refuse to use the term "trick" play because a well-executed special play takes a lot more skill and concentration from 11 guys than a run-of-the-mill play.)

I remember talking to Harsin years ago (we played against each other in high school and bumped into each other on occasion when he was OC at Boise), and he mentioned that one of the things they had to do with the special plays was install them as packages with certain personnel. You couldn't get the level of efficiency or execution if you just called the play with any personnel group, and you can't just call the play again if you mess up. A lot of people don't understand that, and I didn't either. They always named those groups something cool, like Delta Force, or Raid Team or something like that. Those guys became the specialized group who could run that play to perfection in their sleep, and were a reason BSU was so successful with those at important times in games. The only drawback was that the play was always disposable because if you tried to run it again, the personnel gave it away. It was a difference in the strategic and tactical phases of any football game. The strategic portion is to show a formation that will execute the special play later on, but insert the Delta Force group in that same formation later on as the tactical portion to actually run the play. You can't do that in a hurry-up offense, so that eliminates one of Sanford's skill-sets from the very beginning. Our other issue on offense was a youthful offensive line. When people say that offensive line is the most cerebral position in all of football, they're not kidding. Where that hurt us this year was during in-week adjustments. Instead of installing plays, formations, or schemes that would have helped us to adjust, they pretty much just had to go with what they were doing, and because we were so thin at a bunch of positions and were juggling, we couldn't create special personnel groups like BSU or even we did in the past with some of our deeper teams.

TLDR, we didn't scheme to fit certain players/plays and those teams who beat us did. It's maybe a coaching talent or execution gap more than an athletic talent issue.
Great post. I agree about Sanford but I think he did very little to learn the offense, to add different formations, or to get guys like Scarver.Tomkins. and Nathan in space. Rather he dumbed it down like you said. I think he was just mailing it in after getting fired last year. Basic plays out of different formations can and should be added and he should have done his due diligence and made adjustments to get his playmakers the ball to take the pressure off of Bright and the inside zone which was the default run 99% of the time. I don't know whether it was Love or Sanford or a combination of the two that limited his pulls so much too. We know Love can read that and it was open all the time so I have to think it was intentional. As the year went on even the RPO were half-(I can't express myself without swearing).

Point in fact, Wyoming whose offensive coordinator gets endless criticism for being vanilla ran both single back and I-sets out of both the shotgun and under center. Sanford should have had some of his power and under center packages installed in the spring as well as really studied how Yost mixed things up and audibled.



Mediocre at Best
Posts: 799
Joined: January 1st, 2014, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Mediocre at Best » December 9th, 2019, 7:05 am

Abye - Terrific analysis! Regardless of wins or losses talent or lack there of one indisputable fact is there was no evidence of adjusting scheme to personnel this year..that is the cornerstone to good coaching. Hopefully GA and staff will take the time during this off season to really understand personnel. My opinion is that GA is not a good enough or smart enough coach to do that on the fly for the first year but will be able to do so with the benefit of more time and another year. I look forward to seeing what adjustments are coming for next year.



TrueBlueAggie123
Posts: 196
Joined: October 14th, 2013, 5:32 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » December 9th, 2019, 2:15 pm




User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6191
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 320 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by 2004AG » December 9th, 2019, 2:23 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:15 pm
Well, that's less than ideal.



Aggie19
Posts: 642
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 436 times
Been thanked: 309 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Aggie19 » December 9th, 2019, 2:38 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:23 pm
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:15 pm
Well, that's less than ideal.
I think most of us expected that we wouldn't have Jordan after this year, so I'm not sure why it matters. Would love for him to be back, but....
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post (total 2):
thegreendalegelfRoy McAvoy


Go Aggies!

User avatar
Turtle
Posts: 249
Joined: December 11th, 2018, 7:10 pm
Has thanked: 118 times
Been thanked: 113 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Turtle » December 9th, 2019, 3:05 pm

I'm not expecting him back next year, so hardly a blow, but what I REALLY dislike is that if he transfers, he'll forever be known in the NFL as being from his new school instead of USU and that just grinds my gears.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 6191
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 126 times
Been thanked: 320 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by 2004AG » December 9th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:38 pm
2004AG wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:23 pm
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:15 pm
Well, that's less than ideal.
I think most of us expected that we wouldn't have Jordan after this year, so I'm not sure why it matters. Would love for him to be back, but....
It matters because I want USU to look and act like a major college football program.

It also matters because if he's not going to the NFL, I prefer he win games at Utah State and not Oklahoma.



oleblu111
Posts: 1573
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 644 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by oleblu111 » December 9th, 2019, 3:31 pm

A question was asked about talent level at AFA , BYU, BSU, , Well the truth is all three of those schools had better talent.Look no further than BYU which had victories over USC, Tennessee, Boise State, this team did not always play to the top of their ability. BYU has a bigger better funded program than what USU has.

AFA had a 10 win season very near a perfect record their quality experience was to much for us.

Boise St. Anyone that thinks this is a peer program to USU's needs to put the pipe down.



Aggie19
Posts: 642
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 436 times
Been thanked: 309 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Aggie19 » December 9th, 2019, 3:34 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 3:18 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:38 pm
2004AG wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:23 pm
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 2:15 pm
Well, that's less than ideal.
I think most of us expected that we wouldn't have Jordan after this year, so I'm not sure why it matters. Would love for him to be back, but....
It matters because I want USU to look and act like a major college football program.

It also matters because if he's not going to the NFL, I prefer he win games at Utah State and not Oklahoma.
I get that, I want that too. We're not there yet, but also this is becoming a norm in college football. I think we'll continue to see this type of thing happen more and more. Not just at USU, but across the country.


Go Aggies!

Full
Posts: 1779
Joined: April 27th, 2011, 11:07 am
Location: Davis County
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 62 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Full » December 9th, 2019, 3:43 pm

I wonder if the latest tweet was placed to get some other shoppers to make inquiries. None of the destinations make a lot of sense compared to plotter options that should be available.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16731
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 821 times
Been thanked: 730 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by NVAggie » December 9th, 2019, 3:53 pm

Whatever. If he doesn't want to be at USU then I wish him luck. I won't really follow what he does either. If he goes to the draft, he is an Aggie. I am all in.



Notatrueaggie
Posts: 52
Joined: September 4th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Notatrueaggie » December 9th, 2019, 3:56 pm

I have a feeling Jordan’s been feeling negative vibes from us fans... we need to embrace him and pray that he stays or goes to the nfl



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1263
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Has thanked: 327 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by ThunderAggie » December 9th, 2019, 4:02 pm

There are two articles already out. Houston, Oklahoma, or Texas Tech. But what source do they have? Did Jordan tell someone?

https://247sports.com/Article/utah-stat ... 140202258/
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/286 ... ton-in-mix



Notatrueaggie
Posts: 52
Joined: September 4th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Notatrueaggie » December 9th, 2019, 4:02 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 4:02 pm
There are two articles already out. Houston, Oklahoma, or Texas Tech. But what source do they have? Did Jordan tell someone?

https://247sports.com/Article/utah-stat ... 140202258/
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/286 ... ton-in-mix
CBS sports also has an article



tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG
Posts: 461
Joined: December 17th, 2013, 8:17 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by tipitup » December 9th, 2019, 4:16 pm

When will be the timing that we know? is there a time that he has to put in for a grad transfer or for the nfl?



User avatar
frankiesaysrelax
Posts: 439
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by frankiesaysrelax » December 9th, 2019, 4:21 pm

He is tied for 1st place with WSU QB with 16 interceptions thrown this year and WSU's guy threw the ball 213 times more and had 45 td's to JL's 17. That is a lot of interceptions for anyone, and quite a few of the picks I saw him throw this year had nothing to do with the scheme or talent around him. I got to the point where I was nervous he would get picked almost every time he threw the ball. Who cares if a QB has arm strength and can throw the ball over the mountains like Uncle Rico if it ends up going to the other team. I hope he either goes NFL or comes back to USU, but if he comes back I hope he can figure things out. It also isn't guaranteed transferring to another school and will solve all of his problems and if he does transfer and looks bad again that could drop his draft stock even more than this year did. He will probably be on a short leash next year at a different school if he starts throwing any picks again. Also, he isn't going to have an easier schedule playing in a bigger conference.
Last edited by frankiesaysrelax on December 9th, 2019, 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 6059
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 283 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Imakeitrain » December 9th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Twitter sources are the best. When you're right you get heralded as an "insider" and when you're wrong no one remembers.

It's not irrational for him to go to Oklahoma. I want Jordan to do what is best for him. Maybe that does involve playing at OU. However going to a school like Houston or TT, I guess he knows what is better for him than I do- but I dont see it.

It's tough having a new staff. It's not just a new QB Coach, or a new OC. Everything is different.

It's tough being on a new staff, I'm sure. The Strength and Conditioning coach especially has a difficult job. He has 100+ new clients. He needs to tailor a routine for each client to make them bigger, faster, stronger. He needs to learn the intricacies of each one to make them perform better and help them avoid injury. The Strength & Conditioning coaches are involved with the dietitians in setting a nutrition plan, they need to know a players body better than anyone else other than the player.

I am a firm believer that the S&C coach is one of the most important staff members on the team (in many respects more so than coordinators). I have faith that Coach Hicks has become more in tune with the team and will keep injuries down next year- which could hopefully in turn help us win more games.

Not to rant about S&C but I do hope I hope Jordan sticks it out, but more so I hope he does what is best for him. I think another year with these guys and Hicks will have them healthier. I seem to remember quite a few injuries when Scholz first got the job.



slcagg
Posts: 4569
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 583 times
Been thanked: 581 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by slcagg » December 9th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Houston? That one baffles me. Texas tech makes some sense because of the coaches but they suck and will next year as well. Oklahoma makes the most sense. If he is indeed transferring we should start colombi in the bowl game.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
aggies22USUaggie



User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2211
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by bigblue » December 9th, 2019, 5:08 pm

Twitter rumors are like small town rumors. Would not be surprised if true but probably something taken out of context and spread through hearsay.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

User avatar
bigbluebaby
Posts: 1543
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 2:11 pm
Location: Logan, Idaho Falls, Rock Springs,
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by bigbluebaby » December 9th, 2019, 5:21 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 3:31 pm
A question was asked about talent level at AFA , BYU, BSU, , Well the truth is all three of those schools had better talent.Look no further than BYU which had victories over USC, Tennessee, Boise State, this team did not always play to the top of their ability. BYU has a bigger better funded program than what USU has.

AFA had a 10 win season very near a perfect record their quality experience was to much for us.

Boise St. Anyone that thinks this is a peer program to USU's needs to put the pipe down.
Last year we killed BYU in Provo.

Beat Air Force

and had a close game with Boise in Boise.

So you are saying our talent dropped so much this year that.

BYU destroyed us in Logan.

Air Force Destroyed us at Airforce.

And Boise Destroyed us in Logan?

We lost that much talent? To totally flip the results?

Or could it be something else , besides?


"So your saying I got a chance ??!!"

sneed
Posts: 839
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 2:32 am
Has thanked: 895 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by sneed » December 9th, 2019, 5:45 pm

Oklahoma makes no sense. None of the schools do really. I doubt he would start at Oklahoma. They are loaded for the future (supposedly).



User avatar
Naked Bull Rider
Posts: 429
Joined: July 10th, 2015, 11:15 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by Naked Bull Rider » December 9th, 2019, 6:05 pm

This time last year this news would’ve made me sad. Now I’m indifferent. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.
Preferably the draft.

Fans of every program complain online with fellow fans. It’s what we do. I don’t know if board chatter has contributed to this still unconfirmed report, but if board negativity ever rattled a current player to the point of no longer wanting to be at USU with their teammates, then stay off twitter and your next school’s fan forum. SEC And BIG 10 fans can be a lot more critical than we are.

Hoping next year’s play calling and QB play improves.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by TheAKAggie » December 9th, 2019, 6:49 pm

Full wrote:I wonder if the latest tweet was placed to get some other shoppers to make inquiries. None of the destinations make a lot of sense compared to plotter options that should be available.
OU makes perfect sense...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

oleblu111
Posts: 1573
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 644 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Jordan Love to Texas Tech?

Post by oleblu111 » December 9th, 2019, 7:02 pm

bigbluebaby wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 5:21 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
December 9th, 2019, 3:31 pm
A question was asked about talent level at AFA , BYU, BSU, , Well the truth is all three of those schools had better talent.Look no further than BYU which had victories over USC, Tennessee, Boise State, this team did not always play to the top of their ability. BYU has a bigger better funded program than what USU has.

AFA had a 10 win season very near a perfect record their quality experience was to much for us.

Boise St. Anyone that thinks this is a peer program to USU's needs to put the pipe down.
Last year we killed BYU in Provo.

Beat Air Force

and had a close game with Boise in Boise.

So you are saying our talent dropped so much this year that.

BYU destroyed us in Logan.

Air Force Destroyed us at Airforce.

And Boise Destroyed us in Logan?

We lost that much talent? To totally flip the results?

Or could it be something else , besides?
Talent changes a lot in college football, last season we had a quality O line, this year almost all young and not ready. We also lost a R.B to the NFL, we lost Tarver, Green, and Dax Raymond, That is huge. Most fans do not understand the value of a O line, Those schools you mentioned did not lose that much quality in fact AFA returned almost everyone, BYU is a much bigger program than what USU is and look who they beat 2 P-5 schools a Boise, have we ever done that ? No comparison in talent with those 3 schools you mentioned
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post:
ProvoAggie



Locked Previous topicNext topic