Boise State Fan Base

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Blue Sage

Boise State Fan Base

Post by Blue Sage » November 24th, 2019, 12:57 am

Boise’s fan base has weakened. In the past they were everywhere, tonight they were a whisper of their former selves. I was shocked to see how weak their fan base attendance and enthusiasm was in comparison to the way it used to be.
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post:
ProvoAggie

#hornsup!

dawgraphic
Has thanked: 0

Re: Boise State Fan Base

Post by dawgraphic » November 24th, 2019, 6:57 am

Could this be one small benefit to our current pricing model? I wonder if a decade ago you could get tickets for ten to fifteen bucks, instead of the forty to fifty bucks we pay now. As for me, I came to every game except BYU and Boise due to ticket prices.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 24th, 2019, 7:07 am

8:30 game at the end of November.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 24th, 2019, 8:01 am

They probably heard that they couldn’t bring their own red vines into the stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post:
ootek

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » November 24th, 2019, 9:00 am

There were plenty in my section. They were a little less obnoxious than past years.
My friends up there were super jealous of our 2 pm kick last week. They haven't had a home kick before 8 in I believe over 2 years. That does give them plenty of tailgate time. I went up last year and their tailgate was huge and went all day.
Television is killing the college football experience.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 24th, 2019, 9:02 am

There were very few Aggie fans in my section and even less by halftime. Including the family of a senior player.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
GordoAggieFloridaAggie13

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » November 24th, 2019, 9:04 am

By the start of the 4th quarter they had the place to themselves

Agg-Man
Has thanked: 0

Post by Agg-Man » November 24th, 2019, 9:14 am

Plenty of orange where I was.

sneed

Post by sneed » November 24th, 2019, 9:24 am

I thought they did okay. About like BYU - both less than normal though. Maybe they prefer to go to games against the better teams on their schedule.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 24th, 2019, 9:48 am

There were some weird ducks in the group that came over to the east side at the end of the game. Had a different feel to them than other University fans this year. Not the sharpest tools in the shed if you know what I mean. For that matter, they can have the football scoreboard. We’ll see if Gary can get things rolling where we have the football scoreboard in addition to the life scoreboard.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » November 24th, 2019, 9:56 am

Wyoming travelled better and seemed to have far better educated fans.
Not a single donkey in 201 last night.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 24th, 2019, 10:00 am

BeNo wrote:There were some weird ducks in the group that came over to the east side at the end of the game. Had a different feel to them than other University fans this year. Not the sharpest tools in the shed if you know what I mean. For that matter, they can have the football scoreboard. We’ll see if Gary can get things rolling where we have the football scoreboard in addition to the life scoreboard.
Sick burn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » November 25th, 2019, 12:23 pm

we had a couple of drunks behind us. one was kicked out before the 1st quarter was done. Thanks security!! The others left half way through the 2nd quarter. it was peaceful after that, but i froze, so i left at half time. a good group in front of us. loud, but football good. this was section 106

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 25th, 2019, 9:43 pm

I also think that alot of them thought after coming here once or twice that they had been here enough so they don't need to come. I mean there were the big invasions in 2005 and 2007 the first two times they came here in the WAC, then seeing Logan and our stadium one of or both those times was enough then they didn't feel the need to come here again. And each time, there are less that have never been here, less that have only been once, etc. And maybe some like to have their away game or one of their away games be to Air Force or San Diego, or places they have never had to chance to see them play before and never will again. Or decide they are only going to do to one trip to Utah, chose here the first two times, then decide to have BYU as their Utah trip.

I know for me, I sometimes decide after seeing the Aggies play somewhere once, I don't need to go back to that stadium. Like I personally decided seeing Wisconsin, Air Force and Oklahoma once was enough and didn't need to go the second time we played there, and for places like Fresno and San Jose or Laramie I have gone back a second and third time, I am less enthusiastic about going back another time. Whereas I for instance went to San Antonio and LSU knowing I have never had the chance to see the Aggies play there and never will again.

As for Boise fans, you have to wonder if they are more enthusiastic about coming here when it's a near guaranteed win, or when there is a threat they will lose.

Locked Previous topicNext topic