Game Buzz

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
bluegrouse

Game Buzz

Post by bluegrouse » November 22nd, 2019, 2:10 pm

I get the sense that there is zero excitement or buzz going on about this game. The #20 team coming to town and a chance to share or win the Mountain division and it seems like nobody really cares. Hopefully I’m wrong and hopefully we have a decent crowd tomorrow night but I’m not feeling it.

Aggie19

Re: Game Buzz

Post by Aggie19 » November 22nd, 2019, 2:15 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 2:10 pm
I get the sense that there is zero excitement or buzz going on about this game. The #20 team coming to town and a chance to share or win the Mountain division and it seems like nobody really cares. Hopefully I’m wrong and hopefully we have a decent crowd tomorrow night but I’m not feeling it.
I think people care and I also think there is a lot of apprehension around this game. I will cheer for the Ags until the end, but I've got a feeling this is a byu-provo/AF replay. I hope I'm wrong, but I think there are a lot of fans feeling this way.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

Go Aggies!

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 22nd, 2019, 2:24 pm

I am super excited for this game. That being said I'm also not super confident in the outcome but I will certainly be there making my voice go hoarse trying to cheer them along.

What type of excitement is there with the students they are the key to creating a loud and fun atmosphere I hope the student section is full tomorrow night?

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » November 22nd, 2019, 2:28 pm

I think it is because the big game vs LSU in basketball tonight. There has been more excitement around the entire trip to Jamaica for the basketball team. After the game tonight, the shift will be back to football and the big game in the Mav tomorrow vs Boise! Big weekend of Aggie sports! Hopefully we can get two huge wins in both sports.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » November 22nd, 2019, 2:46 pm

Expecting a butt whoopin in the wrong direction. Hope I'm wrong.

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » November 22nd, 2019, 2:54 pm

I'm just hoping we don't see another BYU/AF debacle. But I wouldn't be surprised. It is hard to get excited when that is the probable outcome. Doesn't mean I won't watch, though.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 22nd, 2019, 3:01 pm

I get people are worried about getting embarrassed but we just beat Wyoming and Wyoming took BSU to over time in Boise the week before. It’s not out of the question that we win this thing.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
vegasaggie

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » November 22nd, 2019, 3:17 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 3:01 pm
I get people are worried about getting embarrassed but we just beat Wyoming and Wyoming took BSU to over time in Boise the week before. It’s not out of the question that we win this thing.
I don't know which Aggie team or Boise team will show or which QBs will play but I'm telling you that Boise is not as good as their record would entail especially without the loss of their edge rusher. I thought Wyoming's lines were better on both sides of the ball in their head to head matchup on the blue turf. This is a real opportunity for the Aggies if they are committed to playing super aggressive schemes on both sides of the ball and let the chips fall where they may.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post (total 2):
vegasaggieMachismo

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » November 22nd, 2019, 3:18 pm

hickaggie wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 3:17 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
I don't know which Aggie team or Boise team will show or which QBs will play but I'm telling you that Boise is not as good as their record would entail especially with the loss of their edge rusher. I thought Wyoming's lines were better on both sides of the ball in their head to head matchup on the blue turf. This is a real opportunity for the Aggies if they are committed to playing super aggressive schemes on both sides of the ball and let the chips fall where they may.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » November 22nd, 2019, 3:21 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
Not having Love playing is a big factor as far as attitude is concerned. Columbi is pretty good, but hasn't played hardly at all, and by the time he settles in...we may be behind by two touchdowns. The crowd could be pretty good because there will be a lot of Donk fans there.

Still, my gut feeling is that we have a good chance.

pcaggie

Post by pcaggie » November 22nd, 2019, 3:50 pm

I have watched Boise play several teams this year and this game can go either way, they are no where near as good as they have been in the past, their O-line is struggling, their running game is struggling and their QB(s) have struggled... sound familiar? But they have done enough to win - it probably comes down to turn overs. I give us a 51% chance to win since it is a home game
These users thanked the author pcaggie for the post:
ProvoAggie

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » November 22nd, 2019, 4:30 pm

Uncertainty about Love's status coupled with our poor performances against BYU and AFA is probably adding to the usual pessimism before we play Boise.

I think we have a pretty good chance if our defense plays well and we win the turnover battle.

HomeTown

Post by HomeTown » November 22nd, 2019, 7:23 pm

I think/hope they have a lot of the issues that plagued them in the BYU and AF games figured out. They seemed to have improved a little bit each week for the last couple of weeks. Lets hope it continues and they play a good game!

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » November 22nd, 2019, 7:24 pm

Could end up being the best Aggie weekend ever! :utah: :state:

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 22nd, 2019, 8:01 pm

Well hopefully the aggie basketball game spills over excitement to the stadium tomorrow night. I am a ready to go.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » November 22nd, 2019, 9:24 pm

hickaggie wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 3:18 pm
hickaggie wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
I don't know which Aggie team or Boise team will show or which QBs will play but I'm telling you that Boise is not as good as their record would entail especially with the loss of their edge rusher. I thought Wyoming's lines were better on both sides of the ball in their head to head matchup on the blue turf. This is a real opportunity for the Aggies if they are committed to playing super aggressive schemes on both sides of the ball and let the chips fall where they may.
Boy, that's the truth Hick...I really wonder which AGGIE team we will see tomorrow night. Seems to me players that were green as grass now have enough time into the season to play like they have a season under their collective belts. Actually looked at the Boise roster and those players are also young and short on experience. This could be a game that swings on mistakes and miscues. Yes, it's a matter of individual preparation and commitment, and that goes for the staff as well.

The AGGIES have generally played well in Logan, the BYU fiasco being the glaring exception and so much for those wowie, zowie black designer uniforms doing anything positive for this team. Kiss that $50 odd thousand goodby.

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » November 22nd, 2019, 9:39 pm

I too am excited for this game. Hopefully the Aggies come out and play very very aggressive. Both on offense and defense and we see a lot of different variety including under center on offense and several new blitzes on defense. Boise has not been able to protect their quarterback at all this year. We should be able to get many sacks. Let's build upon the basketballs win last night let's make it a great weekend. Come on Aggie fans lets fill the stadium and rock Boise. :utah: :state:
These users thanked the author blueaggie for the post:
Sl7vk

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 22nd, 2019, 10:58 pm

We are undefeated this season when playing on CBS Sports Network. The game is on CBS Sports Network.
We will win for that reason.

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » November 23rd, 2019, 6:45 am

If indeed it is Columbi instead of Love I am worried that the OC will limit the play book. I hope that isn't the case as I think Columbi is totally capable of having a great game.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » November 23rd, 2019, 6:51 am

If it is Henry, tonight is the perfect time to show what he's got.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 9:30 am

Sure hope playbook page 2 gets opened tonight. Columbi should be cut loose. He is a lot different and there’s no tomorrow for MwC champs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 23rd, 2019, 10:16 am

WAAggie wrote:Sure hope playbook page 2 gets opened tonight. Columbi should be cut loose. He is a lot different and there’s no tomorrow for MwC champs.

Has the other side of the napkin been used yet? This was my concern when we first learned Love could be out.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

deltaaggie

Post by deltaaggie » November 23rd, 2019, 1:36 pm

Love will be the QB tonight. Source level 7

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » November 23rd, 2019, 2:41 pm

deltaaggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 1:36 pm
Love will be the QB tonight. Source level 7
:shock:

Machismo

Post by Machismo » November 23rd, 2019, 2:47 pm

I very much want Love to play but if it is Henry then I'm fine with that too. He's a great passer and he can run it. If Colombi does play I'm hoping his threat to run will give the donks problems that will open up other things.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 23rd, 2019, 2:51 pm

Machismo wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 2:47 pm
I very much want Love to play but if it is Henry then I'm fine with that too. He's a great passer and he can run it. If Colombi does play I'm hoping his threat to run will give the donks problems that will open up other things.
In the coaches show gary mentiobed that if colombi plays we would see more of the runs from the rpo since he brings that dynamic a little better. Whoever plays I just hope we open it up and go balls to the wall. We truly have nothing to lose we don't control our own destiny so you might as well just go give it your best shot and see what happens.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » November 23rd, 2019, 2:59 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 2:51 pm
Machismo wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 2:47 pm
In the coaches show gary mentiobed that if colombi plays we would see more of the runs from the rpo since he brings that dynamic a little better. Whoever plays I just hope we open it up and go balls to the wall. We truly have nothing to lose we don't control our own destiny so you might as well just go give it your best shot and see what happens.
It'll be interesting. We moved the ball pretty good against the Wyo D, I'm encouraged a bit by the Under center snaps and a few wrinkles that we saw last week. Hoping to see more tonight, the Team looks like they have figured a few things out and are begining to play a lot better.

dogie

Post by dogie » November 23rd, 2019, 9:44 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 2:15 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
November 22nd, 2019, 2:10 pm
I think people care and I also think there is a lot of apprehension around this game. I will cheer for the Ags until the end, but I've got a feeling this is a byu-provo/AF replay. I hope I'm wrong, but I think there are a lot of fans feeling this way.
Ding, ding, ding ... we have a winner!

This is exactly what possibly a majority of fans were expecting.
These users thanked the author dogie for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » November 23rd, 2019, 10:02 pm

Some of you guys have been a little slow to realize just how bad this team has become. This was never going to be a good game. Hopefully next year is better.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 23rd, 2019, 10:03 pm

This might beat the LSU, BYU-P, AF debacles combined. No heart at all, especially on defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » November 23rd, 2019, 10:04 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 10:02 pm
Some of you guys have been a little slow to realize just how bad this team has become. This was never going to be a good game. Hopefully next year is better.

I hope you are right but I’m nervous for next year because this feels like more of a coaching problem than a player problem.

Mediocre at Best
Has thanked: 0

Post by Mediocre at Best » November 23rd, 2019, 10:21 pm

Bleed - I believe you are correct on this. I was slow to come around and it was not until the CSU game that I realized we were in serious trouble. I really thought our player talent (which I believe is much better than many on the board think) could offset the limitations of our head coach. The commonality between our football and basket ball team is that both were down by huge seemingly insurmountable deficits against very good teams - LSU (Basketball) BSU (football). Injuries are not excuses as both sports have lost major contributors. The difference between our football and basketball teams is the quality of the coaching and character of the team.

This has actually been a sorry season...losses even a sub 500 season is excusable but a team not prepared well by their coaches is not. GA is at best a slightly above if not just an average coach who may have a good occasional outlier season here and there in the future. Oddly, for stability reasons I am not keen on him being fired. He will have one or two runs sprinkled in with many disappointing seasons like this. He in reality is about the best our market can hope for.
These users thanked the author Mediocre at Best for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 23rd, 2019, 10:26 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 10:21 pm
Bleed - I believe you are correct on this. I was slow to come around and it was not until the CSU game that I realized we were in serious trouble. I really thought our player talent (which I believe is much better than many on the board think) could offset the limitations of our head coach. The commonality between our football and basket ball team is that both were down by huge seemingly insurmountable deficits against very good teams - LSU (Basketball) BSU (football). Injuries are not excuses as both sports have lost major contributors. The difference between our football and basketball teams is the quality of the coaching and character of the team.

This has actually been a sorry season...losses even a sub 500 season is excusable but a team not prepared well by their coaches is not. GA is at best a slightly above if not just an average coach who may have a good occasional outlier season here and there in the future. Oddly, for stability reasons I am not keen on him being fired. He will have one or two runs sprinkled in with many disappointing seasons like this. He in reality is about the best our market can hope for.
So what you’re saying is, about the best we can hope for is being “Mediocre at Best?”

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » November 23rd, 2019, 10:34 pm

Slim80 wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 10:02 pm

I hope you are right but I’m nervous for next year because this feels like more of a coaching problem than a player problem.
This is 150% a coaching problem. Has been from the start. I don’t believe we will get better until GA makes major changes to his staff and his own coaching philosophy.
I don’t see that in him. So my guess is it will be a minimum of 3 yrs and possibly far more until I’m happy with the product on the field again.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 23rd, 2019, 11:18 pm

hickaggie wrote:
bluegrouse wrote:
I don't know which Aggie team or Boise team will show or which QBs will play but I'm telling you that Boise is not as good as their record would entail especially without the loss of their edge rusher. I thought Wyoming's lines were better on both sides of the ball in their head to head matchup on the blue turf. This is a real opportunity for the Aggies if they are committed to playing super aggressive schemes on both sides of the ball and let the chips fall where they may.
Lol you are wrong about everything. At least with this post you aren't slandering our team. Hope you are happy you pushed to get the Corvallis Quitter back to Logan. Unfortunately it is us passionate fans that have to live with the results. Maybe you can just go play Uncle Rico in the Mountains and stay away from USU football. You've done enough damage.

Locked Previous topicNext topic