Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7967
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1548 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by USU78 » November 20th, 2019, 11:07 am

At a time when the actual game-attending fanbase is being put upon by late night, bad weather home games, and being subjected to the indignity of minimum wage children poking around in women's purses with drumsticks, USU has announced that next season it would be prohibiting all carry-in bags and such if they're not purchased from USU, presumably this lovely item:

https://shop.cbssports.com/utah-state-a ... /p-1614211

This has led to a discussion between my brothers and me on whether we even renew our season tickets next year. It is a serious discussion. I imagine it won't be the only one.

You keep on buying and attending, and attending and buying, through decades of crappy football through the eighties on up through the early teens, suffer the monstrous incompetence of administrative idiots and washed up forty-something coaches with 3-9 season after 3-9 season, and then they pull dreck like this on the only people who keep them in business, the donor/ticketbuying class. I don't care about Maverik's need to stop people bringing in home-made sandwiches and fruit snacks in diaper bags, snickers bars in pockets. Nobody believes it's a safety issue or a health issue. Maverik be damned.


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by ChicAggie » November 20th, 2019, 11:12 am

USU78 wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:07 am
USU has announced that next season it would be prohibiting all carry-in bags and such if they're not purchased from USU
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just haven't seen this announcement. Source? I thought they simply announced you could carry in only clear bags -- which is now the policy at stadiums all over the country. My guess is that the school's legal counsel advised them it is now the industry standard, so they should follow suit. For what it's worth, most stadiums do not allow outside food/drink. I know it's easy to say from Chicago, but I just don't see this as a real issue.


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7967
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1548 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by USU78 » November 20th, 2019, 11:13 am

ChicAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:12 am
USU78 wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:07 am
USU has announced that next season it would be prohibiting all carry-in bags and such if they're not purchased from USU
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just haven't seen this announcement. Source? I thought they simply announced you could carry in only clear bags -- which is now the policy at stadiums all over the country. My guess is that the school's legal counsel advised them it is now the industry standard, so they should follow suit. For what it's worth, most stadiums do not allow outside food/drink. I know it's easy to say from Chicago, but I just don't see this as a real issue.
Source = my brother's email inbox from the Athletic Dept.

The issue isn't that most of the donor/ticket-buying base sneaks in food. There are plenty of choices these days and it's not that big a deal. The issue is compelling purchase of the "official" tote for bringing in what one needs to bring in [extra coats, blankets, raingear, whatever].

The whole thing is a stupid imposition on people's good natures, and if the younger folks in the endzone or upper east side seats sneak in Pokemon fruitsnacks or whatever to keep the little ones, who won't eat anything that isn't mac and cheese, happy and enjoying the experience, then so be it. Maverik be damned. Young Moms will be refusing to come because young kids won't eat Bahama Mamas (though they probably would eat the cupcakes). We're trying to build a fanbase organically while putting up a sign that says, "Stay out you thieving mothers with children, because your kids won't eat our stuff. You ought to be teaching them better anyway!" Maverik be damned, mothers gotta do what mothers gotta do.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
MrBiggle


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7185
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 155 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by GeoAg » November 20th, 2019, 11:21 am

I don't believe they have to be purchased from USU, just a clear bag, like most other stadiums.


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

oleblu111
Posts: 1623
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 680 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by oleblu111 » November 20th, 2019, 11:22 am

So what is it that you need to bring to games ? I find I can get by with a jacket and my wallet. Of course this is done all over the country. Well you know lawyers they get involved and somethings change. I wonder do the people that need to take food to games bring their own desert when they eat out ?
Last edited by oleblu111 on November 20th, 2019, 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7967
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1548 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by USU78 » November 20th, 2019, 11:22 am

GeoAg wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
I don't believe they have to be purchased from USU, just a clear bag, like most other stadiums.
That's this season. I'm talking about next season.


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

bigwilly087
Posts: 961
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 5:43 pm
Location: Fruit Heights
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by bigwilly087 » November 20th, 2019, 11:27 am

USU78 wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:22 am
GeoAg wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
I don't believe they have to be purchased from USU, just a clear bag, like most other stadiums.
That's this season. I'm talking about next season.
This season there is no clear bag policy. Next year there will be (unless they wise up), and the policy is any clear bag, not just the official USU one. Info on this policy change was sent with season tickets this year, along with the 2019 policy change of no outside food. Their reasoning is that the policies are needed for security, which we all know are BS. The stadium is in no way a "secure" facility even if you patted everyone down on the way in. It's a money grab to force people to buy their food, and perhaps their clear bags as I assume they'll have them ready to purchase if someone shows up next season without a clear bag and needs one.

There was a lengthy thread on this (perhaps more than one) when the policy change came out in August.



bigwilly087
Posts: 961
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 5:43 pm
Location: Fruit Heights
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by bigwilly087 » November 20th, 2019, 11:31 am

Below is the link to the official policy, and at the bottom you'll see the change for the 2020 season. "A CLEAR-BAG-ONLY policy will be instituted for the 2020-21 season. Clear bags can be purchased at the Campus Store, Locker 42, Maverik Stadium and The Spectrum."

https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/2019 ... olicy.aspx



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12720
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 589 times
Been thanked: 702 times
Contact:

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by ProvoAggie » November 20th, 2019, 12:03 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:31 am
Below is the link to the official policy, and at the bottom you'll see the change for the 2020 season. "A CLEAR-BAG-ONLY policy will be instituted for the 2020-21 season. Clear bags can be purchased at the Campus Store, Locker 42, Maverik Stadium and The Spectrum."

https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/2019 ... olicy.aspx
I think they key word there is "can." It's doesn't say that clear bags "must" be purchased from one of those places. The clear bag policy will allow for any clear bags that fall within the size guidelines and if you want one that you know will work then you CAN purchase one from those places but you don't have to.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7967
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1548 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by USU78 » November 20th, 2019, 12:05 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 12:03 pm
bigwilly087 wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:31 am
Below is the link to the official policy, and at the bottom you'll see the change for the 2020 season. "A CLEAR-BAG-ONLY policy will be instituted for the 2020-21 season. Clear bags can be purchased at the Campus Store, Locker 42, Maverik Stadium and The Spectrum."

https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/2019 ... olicy.aspx
I think they key word there is "can." It's doesn't say that clear bags "must" be purchased from one of those places. The clear bag policy will allow for any clear bags that fall within the size guidelines and if you want one that you know will work then you CAN purchase one from those places but you don't have to.
I've reached out for clarification. I will let you know.


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16866
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 755 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by NVAggie » November 20th, 2019, 12:08 pm

Just have one person go inside, then throw your snacks over the fence to that person. I'm selling some underpants that will allow for stashing snacks.



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7967
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1548 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by USU78 » November 20th, 2019, 12:09 pm

NVAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 12:08 pm
I'm selling some underpants that will allow for stashing snacks.
Edible?


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
tetonaggie
Posts: 725
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:46 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 19 times

Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by tetonaggie » November 20th, 2019, 12:10 pm

Any clear bag will work, buy it on Amazon if you don’t want to support the school. Put your M&M’s and Churros in your coat pocket if you don’t want to support USU and other local high school programs at the concession stands. Everybody’s going this way, most are already there for security/liability reasons. This should really be a non-issue for most reasonable fans.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by tetonaggie on November 20th, 2019, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author tetonaggie for the post:
bigblue


"I never Lose. I either Win or Learn." - Nelson Mandela

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16866
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 755 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by NVAggie » November 20th, 2019, 12:10 pm

There will be a hygienic barrier.



dirtnsnow
Posts: 279
Joined: August 26th, 2011, 11:54 pm
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 56 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by dirtnsnow » November 20th, 2019, 12:12 pm

Bring back JNCOs! You could for your entire kitchen in those.


Aggies All the Way!

Aggieforlife
Posts: 563
Joined: September 1st, 2015, 5:12 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by Aggieforlife » November 20th, 2019, 12:13 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:31 am
Below is the link to the official policy, and at the bottom you'll see the change for the 2020 season. "A CLEAR-BAG-ONLY policy will be instituted for the 2020-21 season. Clear bags can be purchased at the Campus Store, Locker 42, Maverik Stadium and The Spectrum."

https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/2019 ... olicy.aspx
I personally don’t think it’s too big a problem, but I do understand the arguments from both sides, for instance my daughter is allergic to dairy, eggs, wheat, and a mired of other foods, finding something at the stadium for her to eat is difficult if not impossible. But I also understand how much the fans, rightfully so, whine that we can’t keep coaches around. I don’t think it’s too unreasonable for the university to try to sell a few more sodas and some popcorn.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by TheAKAggie » November 20th, 2019, 12:14 pm

USU78 wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
I don't believe they have to be purchased from USU, just a clear bag, like most other stadiums.
That's this season. I'm talking about next season.
This season its any small bag, next year it’s clear small bag. School is mitigating risk, maybe related to insurance payments, not the first place to do it. It’s the fault of attorneys, so if you have a JD kick yourself in the nuts for all of our sake. You’re part of the problem.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post (total 2):
oleblu111Sl7vk


Hail Aggies!

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16866
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 827 times
Been thanked: 755 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by NVAggie » November 20th, 2019, 12:27 pm

They could also sell more sodas and hot dogs by being more efficient in the concession stands. In fact, I think that is a bigger problem.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
BLUERUFiOJSHarvey



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2332
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 154 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 20th, 2019, 12:29 pm

Just start putting a quarter in a jar every time you or a family member complains about the policy then by next season you will have plenty saved for concessions at the games.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post:
GameFAQSAggie


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

Madmartigan
Posts: 2731
Joined: November 19th, 2010, 11:30 pm
Has thanked: 137 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by Madmartigan » November 20th, 2019, 12:30 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 12:14 pm
USU78 wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:21 am
I don't believe they have to be purchased from USU, just a clear bag, like most other stadiums.
That's this season. I'm talking about next season.
This season its any small bag, next year it’s clear small bag. School is mitigating risk, maybe related to insurance payments, not the first place to do it. It’s the fault of attorneys, so if you have a JD kick yourself in the nuts for all of our sake. You’re part of the problem.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those lawyers always causing problems. I'm only friends with them because I sue others so often.



User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 1867
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 418 times
Been thanked: 160 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by sam tingey » November 20th, 2019, 12:55 pm

I just had my kids go to the fan fest and spin the wheel things in the stadium and I now have four clear USU bags. Will I have to put the stadium chairs in the clear bag?



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by ChicAggie » November 20th, 2019, 12:58 pm

USU78 wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:13 am
ChicAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:12 am
USU78 wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 11:07 am
USU has announced that next season it would be prohibiting all carry-in bags and such if they're not purchased from USU
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just haven't seen this announcement. Source? I thought they simply announced you could carry in only clear bags -- which is now the policy at stadiums all over the country. My guess is that the school's legal counsel advised them it is now the industry standard, so they should follow suit. For what it's worth, most stadiums do not allow outside food/drink. I know it's easy to say from Chicago, but I just don't see this as a real issue.
Source = my brother's email inbox from the Athletic Dept.

The issue isn't that most of the donor/ticket-buying base sneaks in food. There are plenty of choices these days and it's not that big a deal. The issue is compelling purchase of the "official" tote for bringing in what one needs to bring in [extra coats, blankets, raingear, whatever].

The whole thing is a stupid imposition on people's good natures, and if the younger folks in the endzone or upper east side seats sneak in Pokemon fruitsnacks or whatever to keep the little ones, who won't eat anything that isn't mac and cheese, happy and enjoying the experience, then so be it. Maverik be damned. Young Moms will be refusing to come because young kids won't eat Bahama Mamas (though they probably would eat the cupcakes). We're trying to build a fanbase organically while putting up a sign that says, "Stay out you thieving mothers with children, because your kids won't eat our stuff. You ought to be teaching them better anyway!" Maverik be damned, mothers gotta do what mothers gotta do.
Your brother's email from the athletic department specifically says fans will be permitted to enter the stadium ONLY with clear totes purchased from USU? I'm skeptical. I'm guessing something may have been lost in translation. My guess is the email says two different things: (1) the only bags that will be allowed into the stadium next year are clear (and probably small pocket book-sized bags); and (2) clear totes will be available for purchase from USU. Those pieces of information would not suggest that only USU-supplied clear totes will be allowed into the stadium.

As far as bringing snacks, I can relate for three reasons: I am the father of three (though never actually proven in a court of law), Scottish, and a bit of a health nut. How are those things relevant? I have needed food for little ones in stadiums, I don't like paying stadium prices for crappy food (Scots are notoriously cheap), and I prefer healthier options than what is generally available at most stadiums. With all of those things going against me, somehow I have managed to get by during my 21 years of fatherhood never once taking a bag of food into a stadium. Coats have pocketses for my precious cargo.


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7967
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1548 times
Been thanked: 457 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by USU78 » November 20th, 2019, 1:00 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 12:14 pm
mitigating risk
Ah, the TSA argument. A bunch of people get hired by government on our nickle to create a public show, however ineffective and stupidly/heavy-handedly imposed and administered, to prove somebody "finally did something." Mitigating risk. What utter nonsense.


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by ChicAggie » November 20th, 2019, 1:01 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 12:30 pm
School is mitigating risk, maybe related to insurance payments, not the first place to do it. It’s the fault of attorneys, so if you have a JD kick yourself in the nuts for all of our sake. You’re part of the problem.
Uhh, hello. Only a small percentage of JDs are plaintiffs' lawyers who would sue a school over an incident that arguably could have been prevented through better security. I'm generally not a fan of a certain class of plaintiffs' lawyer either.


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by ChicAggie » November 20th, 2019, 1:03 pm

sam tingey wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 12:55 pm
I just had my kids go to the fan fest and spin the wheel things in the stadium and I now have four clear USU bags. Will I have to put the stadium chairs in the clear bag?
No.


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14565
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 580 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by brownjeans » November 20th, 2019, 1:04 pm

My daughter and I were going into the stadium and she had her hydroflask. She was told she can't take it in. I said, I'll empty it. Nope, still can't take it in (TSA allows it if empty). I said, why not? They said, it could be used as a weapon. Then I pointed to the hundreds of soft-ball sized rocks in the landscape inside the gates on the West side and said, and those rocks? The kid shrugged and said, I can't let you take it in.
It's not about safety, not really.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
USU78



Aggie84025
Posts: 2011
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 616 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by Aggie84025 » November 20th, 2019, 1:06 pm

We have a huge home game this saturday with a chance at a division championship and we are stressed about a clear bag policy for next year. Peoole make me laugh.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
ChicAggie



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by ChicAggie » November 20th, 2019, 1:07 pm

Virtually no U.S. stadiums allow bottles or flasks. Again, they are getting advice from their lawyers, and it is ostensibly about safety. There may be more effective things they can do or not do, but I honestly do not believe this is some sort of money-grab or a way to make people purchase stadium-supplied food and beverage. My bet is they will allow you to bring in sealed plastic water bottles.
These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post:
oleblu111


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 9426
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 482 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by ViAggie » November 20th, 2019, 1:22 pm

SELL BEER - problem solved :cheers:


:joking: :lol:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
oleblu111


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
SweepDance
Posts: 400
Joined: February 7th, 2011, 12:18 pm
Location: Sandy, UT
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 89 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by SweepDance » November 20th, 2019, 1:25 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 1:07 pm
Virtually no U.S. stadiums allow bottles or flasks. Again, they are getting advice from their lawyers, and it is ostensibly about safety. There may be more effective things they can do or not do, but I honestly do not believe this is some sort of money-grab or a way to make people purchase stadium-supplied food and beverage. My bet is they will allow you to bring in sealed plastic water bottles.
Also "sealed" plastic "water" bottles.



oleblu111
Posts: 1623
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 680 times
Been thanked: 252 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by oleblu111 » November 20th, 2019, 2:00 pm

I think the biggest factor is fans do not want to pay for concessions. I sit in the club seats and have never seen a soul eat anything but what is offered free with ticket purchase, and to be honest it is not better than typical concessions fare. I do not go to games to eat so even with no price concessions I just might have a coke during the game. I prefer to tailgate then all I need is a drink.

My complaint is why can I not buy a beer at the stadium. So I guess I'm sick and tired of university policy, that does not allow adult freedom. Now I feel like a typical aggie fan with my complaint.



User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 1867
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 418 times
Been thanked: 160 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by sam tingey » November 20th, 2019, 2:11 pm

I don't want to miss gametime. i don't even want to take the kids to the bathroom let alone get concessions. i get a bag of the kettlecorn on the way to my seat before the game.
These users thanked the author sam tingey for the post:
oleblu111



User avatar
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff
Posts: 1955
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by AggiesForever » November 20th, 2019, 2:17 pm

Every stadium in the country, except in Utah, has gone to the clear bag system. When I went to the USU-CSU game in Ft. Collins last year they had them, and nobody said anything. Place your bag on the table, drag it across, and go sit down. What's the big deal? We're just 5 years behind everybody, that's all. And the bags USU has are only $7. Hardly a deal breaker.



User avatar
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff
Posts: 1955
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by AggiesForever » November 20th, 2019, 2:19 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
November 20th, 2019, 2:00 pm
My complaint is why can I not buy a beer at the stadium. So I guess I'm sick and tired of university policy, that does not allow adult freedom. Now I feel like a typical aggie fan with my complaint.
Its state law, not university policy. Its one of the reasons Larry Miller built his own arena with his own money. Privately owned, do whatever you want.

You can get beer in the suites because admittance is restricted to those "invited." There are those, however, working to change the law so we'll see what happens,
These users thanked the author AggiesForever for the post:
oleblu111



User avatar
aggieguy13
Posts: 932
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 223 times
Been thanked: 117 times

Re: Sticking It To Your Fan Base Too Many Times

Post by aggieguy13 » November 20th, 2019, 2:59 pm

I have a 3-year-old and a 1-year-old who come to every football and basketball game. We've been able to bring a myriad of snacks for them to each game and haven't ever had any sort of issue. We bring a diaper bag and none of the checks have ever lasted more than about 5 seconds. The clear bag policy may increase the level of difficulty a bit, but the snacks for kids thing shouldn't be much of an issue and really shouldn't be a factor in people deciding to stay home.

If you're sick of sitting in 20-degree weather at 11:30 PM while ESPN has just gone to their 47th media timeout of the quarter, however, I can certainly understand that.



Locked Previous topicNext topic