Attendance / Wyo Fans

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TrueBlue
Pick'em Champ - '13,'14,'15,'16 BB Predict The Score

Re: Attendance / Wyo Fans

Post by TrueBlue » November 18th, 2019, 2:59 pm

Laramie far and away is the worst city in the conference.

1. San Diego
Everywhere else
Laramie
These users thanked the author TrueBlue for the post:
USU78

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » November 18th, 2019, 6:18 pm

TrueBlue wrote:
November 18th, 2019, 2:59 pm
Laramie far and away is the worst city in the conference.

1. San Diego
Everywhere else
Laramie
Based on my overnight stops enroute from IA to ID/UT and vice-versa, Laramie is pretty cool if you like trains passing by all the time. Although Rawlins may be better for that

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » November 18th, 2019, 7:11 pm

We have scoreboard in a lot more places than just the field over Wyoming. As a land-grant university, we are charged with providing education to our entire state...wherever they may be. To that end, we have 3 residential campuses and about a bjillion branch campuses all over the place.

Wyoming is also a land-grant with the same responsibility: educate the students of their state. So if Wyoming is so vast and powerful and big time, I need someone to explain to me why in the hell USU runs two learning centers in their state, in Evanston and I believe Rawlins if I remember correctly. We are therefore institutionally cuckolding the University of Wyoming. They get to watch while we enter their house and set up shop upon their students. They don't even get a say in what happens when we're there. Our curriculum, our agenda, their house.

And PS, our facilities sh!t on theirs. They just built their new building that at a maximum brings them to the level of investment we've made since the NEZ went up.

Also, as a bonus post script, a Wyoming fan was arrested after the game for being drunk and punching two women. He was so drunk he was placed into a backboard sandwich (immobilized between two backboards) and transported to the county jail, where we stood him in the corner until he sobered up.

I'll admit our weaknesses as a university any day, and I'm intimately familiar with them, but when it comes to Wyoming, I'm very comfortable with our standing. There's a reason Wyoming's colors are pee and poop colored. It makes things cheaper to wash when universities such as ours pee and poop upon them. The end.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post (total 2):
Sl7vkFloridaAggie13

Servo

Post by Servo » November 18th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Pretty sure there have been a lot more facilities improvements at USU than there have been at Wyo the last 20 years.

I'm not biased. I mock everybody.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » November 18th, 2019, 8:03 pm

i found most of their criticism to have merit.

we're pretty terrible at drawing fans and doing community-level things to broadcast that it's game day. it sucks, but it's a dead horse.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » November 18th, 2019, 9:07 pm

I agree with the Wyoming fans that we need to have better attendance but just about everything else that they said was :bs: . When I lived in Colorado my next door neighbor, who was a Wyoming alumni, told me that Wyoming has the most beautiful sheep in the world. :headscratch:

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Blue42

Post by Blue42 » November 19th, 2019, 8:12 am

Wyoming sucks, coming from someone who lived there for almost 20 years. And Laramie is bad, even for Wyoming. That’s all.

“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 19th, 2019, 8:14 am

Laramie is not the worst city in the conference. By Far and Away that distinction goes to Fresno. And Albuquerque isn't far behind.

Aggiestyle

Post by Aggiestyle » November 19th, 2019, 5:56 pm

aggieguy13 wrote:
November 18th, 2019, 12:10 pm
I suspect that had Wyoming pulled out the win that the campus would have looked a little nicer, the stadium a little more full, the town a little livelier. Instead, as has been the case six of the last eight matchups between the schools, it was just another loss to a team with no fans on an ugly campus in a rinky dink town. You hate to see it. They do travel well though, so credit to them for that.

This also seems like a good place to point out that their basketball team's current NET ranking is 323. 323. Talk about rinky dink...
To the contraryI think they have a nice campus (far from ugly) and excellent athletic facilities, including their football stadium and basketball arena. I visited with some of their fans during halftime and they were friendly and I really think that a majority of them that attend our games are from the west side of the state - Rock Springs, Evanston, Star Valley etc.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » November 19th, 2019, 8:12 pm

UWyo has a nice campus and beautiful new athletic facilities. They are the only rodeo in the state, with no other D1 schools or even any pro teams. They have a solid base of boosters and very loyal fans. They are my second favorite team in the conference and I’m glad we have a budding rivalry. That being said, Laramie is an absolute dump and their school colors are hideous.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » November 19th, 2019, 10:56 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
November 17th, 2019, 9:55 pm
https://wyonation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19122

https://wyonation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19124

There’s the two threads on the Wyoming board for those interested.

I can see why visiting fans would find us “small time,” but what those dipwads seem to be glossing over is that they are literally the only show in the entire state, whereas we are a distant third place in fan support and fan base in our state.
Those Wyoming comments sting, yet they hold some truth. Until and unless Utah State really, seriously and professionally begins to work the Wasatch Front we may be considered apprentice bush league by so many. I wonder where 10,000 more people were when we played Wyoming.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 20th, 2019, 7:03 am

Wyoming should probably first worry about selling out their own stadium granted they've had well attended games this year other than their Nevada game which was a Saturday afternoon game at 55 degrees and they had 16000 people.

Locked Previous topicNext topic