Musings....... juxtapositions

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
sammyhagar

Post by sammyhagar » November 3rd, 2019, 2:36 pm

1. Jordan Nathan had a hell of a game. Loved that kid since his first crossing route three years ago.
2. I appreciate MWCFAN12 parking in Hyrum and walking to the stadium, it helps the carbon footprint in some small part.
I parked, got dressed, went to my tailgate in less than 10 minutes tops. Don't know what he has going on.
3. Our punter is impressive, like him a lot so far.
4. I went to Vegas recently for a concert, they checked bags and did metal detectors on everyone , took a very long time.
How dare they. I walked in the game with my coats and blankets, had my ticket scanned, one minute tops.
5. I miss Al Lewis, the hot dog is definitely off the mustard.
6. I hate BYU more than i have words to describe.
7. you either love Trump or you hate him....
8. I will be at the Wyoming game no matter what, rain, snow, cold, or a team not playing that great.
9. Sanford Jr. is way way in over his head. Gary's real test as a leader is what he does following the season's end with him.
10. I went to an NFL game in the old Candlestick park, don't ever talk about lines, parking, concessions or bathrooms. This east side west side talk is stupid and not needed. Name calling, people peeing on seats, not needed here. It's a sporting event, not everyone is happy.
11 Fresno and Wyoming will define our season. period. ( and our coaches) whether the team wants to play or not, Bowl game on the line.
12. I heard a rumor , which i don't take too serious yet, other than it came from someone in the know with Matt Wells, who said Jordan Love may end up at TexTech next year. I am not believing it, but ....is that possible?

I don't care what you think of this post. It will most likely be my last ever.

Sophie, come to daddy....you need to unwind, you need me!!!!

These users thanked the author sammyhagar for the post (total 3):
BLUERUFiObigbluevegasaggie

dyedblue

Re: Musings....... juxtapositions

Post by dyedblue » November 3rd, 2019, 2:43 pm

At this point I wouldn’t blame Love at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

letsbehonest
Has thanked: 0

Post by letsbehonest » November 3rd, 2019, 2:51 pm

I want Love to stay the starter and I hope he returns next season. If he leaves for the NFL the. I hope it works out. If he transfers to TT to reunite with Wells and Yost then he must feel they will put him in the best spot to go high in the 2021 draft.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 3rd, 2019, 2:52 pm

sammyhagar wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 2:36 pm
1. Jordan Nathan had a hell of a game. Loved that kid since his first crossing route three years ago.
2. I appreciate MWCFAN12 parking in Hyrum and walking to the stadium, it helps the carbon footprint in some small part.
I parked, got dressed, went to my tailgate in less than 10 minutes tops. Don't know what he has going on.
3. Our punter is impressive, like him a lot so far.
4. I went to Vegas recently for a concert, they checked bags and did metal detectors on everyone , took a very long time.
How dare they. I walked in the game with my coats and blankets, had my ticket scanned, one minute tops.
5. I miss Al Lewis, the hot dog is definitely off the mustard.
6. I hate BYU more than i have words to describe.
7. you either love Trump or you hate him....
8. I will be at the Wyoming game no matter what, rain, snow, cold, or a team not playing that great.
9. Sanford Jr. is way way in over his head. Gary's real test as a leader is what he does following the season's end with him.
10. I went to an NFL game in the old Candlestick park, don't ever talk about lines, parking, concessions or bathrooms. This east side west side talk is stupid and not needed. Name calling, people peeing on seats, not needed here. It's a sporting event, not everyone is happy.
11 Fresno and Wyoming will define our season. period. ( and our coaches) whether the team wants to play or not, Bowl game on the line.
12. I heard a rumor , which i don't take too serious yet, other than it came from someone in the know with Matt Wells, who said Jordan Love may end up at TexTech next year. I am not believing it, but ....is that possible?

I don't care what you think of this post. It will most likely be my last ever.

Sophie, come to daddy....you need to unwind, you need me!!!!

You have the floor moon walker

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 3rd, 2019, 3:03 pm

Love to tt? Texas tech is at the bottom of their conference. If he is going to transfer he should go to Oklahoma.

BLUERUFiO

Post by BLUERUFiO » November 3rd, 2019, 3:08 pm

I laughed at #2. I cried at #12. I want the quarterback whisperer back.

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 3rd, 2019, 3:09 pm

sammyhagar wrote:

Won’t blame him if he does with how many on this board want him benched.

aggieaggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by aggieaggie » November 3rd, 2019, 3:51 pm

I think rumors of Love entering the worm hole will exist until he either declares for the NFL draft or takes the first snap of the first game, next season, whichever comes first...

TrueAggieman

Post by TrueAggieman » November 3rd, 2019, 3:58 pm

BeNo wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 3:09 pm
sammyhagar wrote:

It is laughable not to consider/want that. 9 Touchdowns and 12 Interceptions on the season?
These users thanked the author TrueAggieman for the post:
TrueBlueAggie123

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 3rd, 2019, 4:25 pm

TrueAggieman wrote:
BeNo wrote:
sammyhagar wrote:

It is laughable not to consider/want that. 9 Touchdowns and 12 Interceptions on the season?
Pure silliness. Love struggles and everyone is calling for him to be benched/leave. Yet had he put up big numbers and transferred you would be calling him disloyal. I’m certain you still will when/if he does transfer out.

And yes, he had plenty of opportunities to leave after last year and stayed loyal. We should all do the same.

These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post (total 2):
BadElbowlionhead

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 3rd, 2019, 4:31 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 4:25 pm
TrueAggieman wrote:
BeNo wrote:
sammyhagar wrote:

Pure silliness. Love struggles and everyone is calling for him to be benched/leave. Yet had he put up big numbers and transferred you would be calling him disloyal. I’m certain you still will when/if he does transfer out.

And yes, he had plenty of opportunities to leave after last year and stayed loyal. We should all do the same.

Its not "everyone". Not even close. But it would be ridiculous to bench him. You've got that part right.
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
BadElbow

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » November 3rd, 2019, 4:59 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
TrueAggieman wrote:
BeNo wrote:
sammyhagar wrote:

So what you’re saying is the folks in charge shouldn’t consider a new starter simply because Love stayed when he could’ve entered the transfer portal? No matter how terrible his performance has been YTD, the job should stay his because 3 quarters of the season isn’t loyal enough? How many more interceptions / jumbled snaps before it’s okay in your mind to consider a different signal caller? Last game of the season, perhaps?

This notion that he is somehow owed the starting spot is nonsense.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 3rd, 2019, 5:00 pm

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
TrueAggieman wrote:
BeNo wrote:
sammyhagar wrote:

So what you’re saying is the folks in charge shouldn’t consider a new starter simply because Love stayed when he could’ve entered the transfer portal? No matter how terrible his performance has been YTD, the job should stay his because 3 quarters of the season isn’t loyal enough? How many more interceptions / jumbled snaps before it’s okay in your mind to consider a different signal caller? Last game of the season, perhaps?

Nope. He should start because he’s the best QB on the roster and we should support him cause he was loyal to USU when he didn’t have to be.

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 3rd, 2019, 5:20 pm

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 4:59 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
TrueAggieman wrote:
BeNo wrote:
sammyhagar wrote:

So he is the one snapping he ball low, high, and sideways?

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » November 3rd, 2019, 5:51 pm

BeNo wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 5:20 pm
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
TrueAggieman wrote:
BeNo wrote:
sammyhagar wrote:

No, he’s the one that isn’t looking at the ball and bobbling chest high snaps.There’s been just as many go right to his numbers that he’s almost lost as snaps that were low or sideways. It’s been a problem between the center AND Jordan this season.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 3rd, 2019, 5:55 pm

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 5:51 pm
BeNo wrote:
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
TrueAggieman wrote:
BeNo wrote:
sammyhagar wrote:

No, he’s the one that isn’t looking at the ball and bobbling chest high snaps.There’s been just as many go right to his numbers that he’s almost lost as snaps that were low or sideways. It’s been a problem between the center AND Jordan this season.
Yep. Not all on Jordan as you claimed.

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » November 3rd, 2019, 5:58 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 5:00 pm
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
TrueAggieman wrote:
BeNo wrote:
sammyhagar wrote:

Nope. He should start because he’s the best QB on the roster and we should support him cause he was loyal to USU when he didn’t have to be.

If your first statement is truly accurate (about being best on the roster) than I can appreciate your logic. I’m not sure you can really prove that it is true at this point, but for arguments’ sake I’ll give it to you.

What I won’t give to you is the 2nd part of your argument because it makes no damn sense. By your logic, Love should never be pulled based on performance because he showed us loyalty in the offseason. If he throws one TD and five more picks in the next 3 games you wouldn’t start someone else in the last game vs NM? Get real.

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » November 3rd, 2019, 5:59 pm

BeNo wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 5:55 pm
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 5:51 pm
BeNo wrote:
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
TrueAggieman wrote:
BeNo wrote:
sammyhagar wrote:

Yep. Not all on Jordan as you claimed.
When did I claim it was all on Jordan? Go read what was written.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 3rd, 2019, 6:02 pm

I don’t want Love to leave and I don’t think he should be benched. I do think Love should be held accountable like every other player on the field. Given the scoring woes, wouldn’t be sad to see Columbi get a couple of series to try to give the team a spark. Love turned the ball over four times last night. I guess once again that the staff believes that is all on the other 10 guys.

If he leaves to TT next year, it won’t be because fans on a board called for him to be benched, it will be because this staff is awful and broke him. Trust me, I’ll be pissed if he leaves, but I won’t blame him.

These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
TrueBlueAggie123

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 3rd, 2019, 6:06 pm

Will someone please help Naked proof read what he rights to make sure he means what he writes:

“How many more interceptions / jumbled snaps before it’s okay in your mind to consider a different signal caller? “

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 3rd, 2019, 6:09 pm

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 5:00 pm
Naked Bull Rider wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
TrueAggieman wrote:
BeNo wrote:
sammyhagar wrote:

If your first statement is truly accurate (about being best on the roster) than I can appreciate your logic. I’m not sure you can really prove that it is true at this point, but for arguments’ sake I’ll give it to you.

What I won’t give to you is the 2nd part of your argument because it makes no damn sense. By your logic, Love should never be pulled based on performance because he showed us loyalty in the offseason. If he throws one TD and five more picks in the next 3 games you wouldn’t start someone else in the last game vs NM? Get real.
I think you should read my post again. That’s what I think.

Naked Bull Rider

Post by Naked Bull Rider » November 3rd, 2019, 6:24 pm

BeNo wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:06 pm
Will someone please help Naked proof read what he rights to make sure he means what he writes:

“How many more interceptions / jumbled snaps before it’s okay in your mind to consider a different signal caller? “
Still never wrote that all of the snapping miscues were on Love. Only meant that in addition to the many interceptions he’s thrown, he has also been unable to display adequate ball handling skills on snaps that were delivered directly to his hands (not to be confused with the bad snaps that were low, high, or sideways as those are obviously out of Jordan’s control).

Are you all caught up now, BeBro?

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 3rd, 2019, 6:26 pm

dyedblue wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:02 pm
I don’t want Love to leave and I don’t think he should be benched. I do think Love should be held accountable like every other player on the field. Given the scoring woes, wouldn’t be sad to see Columbi get a couple of series to try to give the team a spark. Love turned the ball over four times last night. I guess once again that the staff believes that is all on the other 10 guys.

If he leaves to TT next year, it won’t be because fans on a board called for him to be benched, it will be because this staff is awful and broke him. Trust me, I’ll be pissed if he leaves, but I won’t blame him.

Not everything can be blamed on coaching. Jordan is a big boy, but unfortunately has had a tough year. Is it all of his fault absolutely not but you have to place blame on his shoulders as well as the coaches as well.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 3rd, 2019, 6:27 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:

Not everything can be blamed on coaching. Jordan is a big boy, but unfortunately has had a tough year. Is it all of his fault absolutely not but you have to place blame on his shoulders as well as the coaches as well.
Isn’t that what I said?

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 3rd, 2019, 6:31 pm

dyedblue wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:27 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
dyedblue wrote:

Isn’t that what I said?

I think so i just misread it the first time.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 3rd, 2019, 6:43 pm

Naked Bull Rider wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:24 pm
BeNo wrote:
November 3rd, 2019, 6:06 pm

Still never wrote that all of the snapping miscues were on Love. Only meant that in addition to the many interceptions he’s thrown, he has also been unable to display adequate ball handling skills on snaps that were delivered directly to his hands (not to be confused with the bad snaps that were low, high, or sideways as those are obviously out of Jordan’s control).

Are you all caught up now, BeBro?
Oh yeah. You've clarified well. Switching the signal caller isn't going to correct the bad snaps. We good.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 4th, 2019, 8:21 am

Jordan Love would be insane to transfer to Texas Tech. What would be the purpose of that?

I fully understand transferring for him IF he doesn't think his stock is where it needs to be and IF he thinks needs another year in school and IF he believes USU isn't going to cut it.

Jordan Love could probably graduate transfer to almost any school in the nation and start. So if he IS going to transfer why not transfer to Ohio State/Alabama/Florida/Georgia/Clemson where he could win a national championship OR transfer to Stanford/Oregon where he would be closer to home.

The only way I see it as logical for him to want to go to Texas Tech is if he is not interested in the NFL (which is a valid personal choice) AND is unhappy in Logan w/o Coach Wells.

I'm sure Matt Wells would love for Jordan Love to come to Texas Tech (along with well over 100 FBS coaches), but that doesn't mean Jordan Love will. (And because it's a rumor from the Wells camp, that sounds like tampering- granted the NCAA doesn't care about P5 tampering)

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 4th, 2019, 9:21 am

Jordan Love needs to do what he thinks is best for himself and his future. I have no problem with whatever he decides.

Locked Previous topicNext topic