Zero offense

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie84025

Re: Zero offense

Post by Aggie84025 » October 27th, 2019, 3:06 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
October 27th, 2019, 2:26 pm
All I can say is , what a waste of talent.

[Are we really that talented? Our line is not great and i would say the rest of the offense is about average compared to other MW teams.]

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 27th, 2019, 3:13 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 11:18 pm
Sammy - Spot on post. Hope that people seriously consider your comment and are not overly critical of Gary. Gary is again as I have posted before not an a great football coach but clearly above the average and the best we are going to get for our program. He is not extraordinary or especially compelling which in a way is a positive - we need not to worry about him leaving anytime soon - which means stability and some solid seasons and if he can find a dynamic OC a conference championship might even come our way.

Anybody that is a Sanford defender I encourage them to look at WKY AD Todd Stewart's scathing commentary of Sanford's ineptitude - offense worst at WKY since 1922. He had great talent and a big time dynamic offense already in place when he took the WKY job and actually implemented his system and ran the program into the ground. He just gassed our defense tonight. Tonight's game gives us the clearest picture of any game this year that this is not a talent issue (receiver drops, bad OL, struggling JL)...this is a poor OC...9 yards in total offense at the end of the 1st quarter ??? and I believe 44 yards in the half???? Our defense just does not have the endurance to compensate and after tonight's game a bowl game is seriously is in doubt.
Can you post a link to this?

Mediocre at Best
Has thanked: 0

Post by Mediocre at Best » October 27th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Florida sorry I misstated. I believe the article states worst winning percentage not offense.Anyway here is the link. Again my apology https://www.courier-journal.com/story/s ... 109312002/
These users thanked the author Mediocre at Best for the post:
FloridaAggie13

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » October 27th, 2019, 6:41 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:
October 27th, 2019, 6:20 pm
Florida sorry I misstated. I believe the article states worst winning percentage not offense.Anyway here is the link. Again my apology https://www.courier-journal.com/story/s ... 109312002/
It wouldn't matter anyway because he was the head coach not the OC. How did he do as an OC at Boise? I think his mistake is trying trying to run an offense he is not familiar with. I don't know how our offense played so we'll against Wake and then so poorly against Air Force!

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » October 27th, 2019, 6:44 pm

blueaggie wrote:
Mediocre at Best wrote:
October 27th, 2019, 6:20 pm
It wouldn't matter anyway because he was the head coach not the OC. How did he do as an OC at Boise? I think his mistake is trying trying to run an offense he is not familiar with. I don't know how our offense played so we'll against Wake and then so poorly against Air Force!
Sanford OC’d for offensive head coaches. Maybe that had something to do with previous success we are not seeing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Hail Aggies!

Mediocre at Best

Post by Mediocre at Best » October 27th, 2019, 8:19 pm

Blueaggie you do have a point and to be fair yes there is a difference between being OC and HC. The point remains Sanford did away with existing high producing system and implemented his own and the offense immediately tanked and that was with a very good QB much like our situation at USU. He was hired to make his offense work and unfortunate for him it did not work out.

One of the reasons I keep hammering on this is I get weary of people questioning the talent when in fact we are very talented. While the blame needs to be distributed the largest portion falls on Sanford. This really resonated for me when I watched the Oregon Washington State game and their respective offenses. The same for the Oklahoma Kansas State game. It reminded me of just how dynamic our offense used to be and pains me even more to know we have Scarver, Nathan, Thompkins, Repp, Mariner, Bright, Warren (4th best running back in JC) who are all very dynamic players and a lights out. QB...and only produce something like 9 yards of offense against AF in the 1st quarter... sadly this is a replay of the same talent laden WKY story that got Sanford fired.

@ggies

Post by @ggies » October 27th, 2019, 8:38 pm

Mediocre at Best wrote:Blueaggie you do have a point and to be fair yes there is a difference between being OC and HC. The point remains Sanford did away with existing high producing system and implemented his own and the offense immediately tanked and that was with a very good QB much like our situation at USU. He was hired to make his offense work and unfortunate for him it did not work out.

One of the reasons I keep hammering on this is I get weary of people questioning the talent when in fact we are very talented. While the blame needs to be distributed the largest portion falls on Sanford. This really resonated for me when I watched the Oregon Washington State game and their respective offenses. The same for the Oklahoma Kansas State game. It reminded me of just how dynamic our offense used to be and pains me even more to know we have Scarver, Nathan, Thompkins, Repp, Mariner, Bright, Warren (4th best running back in JC) who are all very dynamic players and a lights out. QB...and only produce something like 9 yards of offense against AF in the 1st quarter... sadly this is a replay of the same talent laden WKY story that got Sanford fired.
Agreed, Sanford needs to pack his bags. Offensive mastermind he is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » October 27th, 2019, 9:30 pm

I thought Sanford said he wasn't going to change the previous system. He is trying to run an offense he is not familiar with and I think that is the problem. Hopefully the offense gets rolling on Saturday. Go Aggies!

Mediocre at Best

Post by Mediocre at Best » October 27th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Blueaggie - Sorry I should have been more clear. I was referring to when Sanford took over an amazing WKY offense with a top shelf QB and replaced it with his own.

Trueblue14
Been thanked: 0

Post by Trueblue14 » October 28th, 2019, 1:24 am

Look this was a rebuilding year. With a new coaching staff and new players in key roles, you could tell that this season would be no smooth transition. As stated earlier I would have liked to see Sanford run his own offense rather than the coaching staff trying to replicate the system done last year. He's a proven offensive coordinator plus I'm sure he has his own system, but I imagine it's strange trying to learn and implement a system that's different from your own offensive philosophy. Was Gary a bad hire? I don't think so. We just need to be patient and wait for Gary and his staff to bring in the recruits that will best fit their system. Until that's implemented it's going to be a rocky road.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 28th, 2019, 7:32 am

Even Wells' offenses with far less talent weren't this bad.

Locked Previous topicNext topic