Zero offense

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
@ggies
Has thanked: 0

Zero offense

Post by @ggies » October 26th, 2019, 9:08 pm

So if we go three and out on every offensive possession that we have, we will not win many games at all. And catch the @#!% ball!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Re: Zero offense

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 26th, 2019, 9:12 pm

Agree or disagree, you’ll find out- this program is going to go down under Gary Andersen. I was excited about the hire, I’m not anymore. It’s been obvious in every single game this season.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 26th, 2019, 9:13 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 9:12 pm
Agree or disagree, you’ll find out- this program is going to go down under Gary Andersen. I was excited about the hire, I’m not anymore. It’s been obvious in every single game this season.

Wells wouldn't have been able to replicate what he did last year with the players we have this year.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 5):
SBC_packersnewtonianblueAggieFBObsessionaggies22MetsJetsAggies

bull

Post by bull » October 26th, 2019, 9:18 pm

“And that’s another Aggie - 3 and out”

@ggies
Has thanked: 0

Post by @ggies » October 26th, 2019, 9:18 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Wells wouldn't have been able to replicate what he did last year with the players we have this year.
Let’s be honest here, Yost made Wells look way better than he actually is. Once Yost was allowed to do his thing with the offense, they took off.

The offense this year has been putrid. Lost some key pieces, but blah.

These users thanked the author @ggies for the post (total 2):
AggieFBObsessionsneed

Aggiecountry

Post by Aggiecountry » October 26th, 2019, 9:21 pm

Yeah it was obvious when we beat San Diego state on the road. Give me a break . Offense does stink though
These users thanked the author Aggiecountry for the post:
SBC_packers

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 26th, 2019, 9:24 pm

@ggies wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 9:18 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Let’s be honest here, Yost made Wells look way better than he actually is. Once Yost was allowed to do his thing with the offense, they took off.

No doubt that Yost was the magic there. That being said, if Yost was still here I still don't think you'd see near as much success as we had last year on offense. We'd probably be better than we are now but no where near what was saw last year.

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 26th, 2019, 9:27 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Agree to disagree. I hate Well’s more than anyone. But the scheme is embarrassing this season. Even in the wins it’s obvious.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 26th, 2019, 9:31 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 9:27 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Agree to disagree. I hate Well’s more than anyone. But the scheme is embarrassing this season. Even in the wins it’s obvious.

You think that if Wells would have stayed that our offense would be just as good as last year? The scheme may be bad but our players aren't as good as they were last year either. Losing Yost hurt really bad and he'd most likely have more success than this but it wouldn't be anywhere near the production we had last year.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

AgMac

Post by AgMac » October 26th, 2019, 9:37 pm

How did we not fix anything from last week? Or from the past 4 weeks? I'm not going to say that GA 2.0 will be a failure, but not fixing anything in this offense in the past 4 weeks absolutely is. Terrible coaching. You have to do something different, besides slowing down the hurry up. That clearly was not the problem.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » October 26th, 2019, 9:38 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

You think that if Wells would have stayed that our offense would be just as good as last year? The scheme may be bad but our players aren't as good as they were last year either. Losing Yost hurt really bad and he'd most likely have more success than this but it wouldn't be anywhere near the production we had last year.
I believe if Yost were here, the production would far exceed what we’re seeing this year. You guys can blame it on talent all you want- why does Jordan Love suck this season all of the sudden? Because the truth is he wasn’t as good as the system made him look last season. And he’s not as bad as the system makes him look this season. Good offensive systems make quarterbacks look good. Football 101. Jalen Hurts can’t throw a ball at Alabama but hits every pass for Oklahoma. Easy reads, easy passes, good offense.
You guys think Air Force has more talent on offense than Utah State does on defense? No, you don’t.

Aggiecountry

Post by Aggiecountry » October 26th, 2019, 9:44 pm

It was a mistake to keep yost offense this year. I understand why they did but we don’t have the studs this year to run it.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » October 26th, 2019, 9:45 pm

You obviously don't know anything about football. USU has had 7 offensive plays go for positive yards in the half. That's impressive as far as I'm concerned.

Also - what happened to the TV announcers talking about the Heisman campaign and the Love candies? I look forward to that every game.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

Eutaw St. Aggie

FireAg

Post by FireAg » October 26th, 2019, 9:51 pm

Hard half to watch. Triple option is hard to beat unless you match them score for score. We need halftime magic.

Would it kill us to huddle once in a while and grind some clock. At least that way the D would get another minute to get a blow.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 26th, 2019, 9:55 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 9:24 pm
@ggies wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

No doubt that Yost was the magic there. That being said, if Yost was still here I still don't think you'd see near as much success as we had last year on offense. We'd probably be better than we are now but no where near what was saw last year.
Yup. It's a combination of many things: schedule, injuries, experience, depth, chemistry with players, and chemistry with coaches. We were all naive to think this was anything but a rebuilding year.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
AggieFBObsession

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » October 26th, 2019, 9:55 pm

Yes our offense is struggling.

No, hiring Gary wasn’t the wrong move.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 26th, 2019, 9:57 pm

Aggiecountry wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 9:44 pm
It was a mistake to keep yost offense this year. I understand why they did but we don’t have the studs this year to run it.
That's the problem. The coaches talked about it being better for them to learn what the players already knew, but we were bringing in so many new faces anyway I would've rather Sanford bring in his system.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Trueblue14

dogie

Post by dogie » October 26th, 2019, 9:58 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 9:55 pm

This is a triple negative I’m trying to unpack.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 26th, 2019, 9:58 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
@ggies wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

Yup. It's a combination of many things: schedule, injuries, experience, depth, chemistry with players, and chemistry with coaches. We were all naive to think this was anything but a rebuilding year.
And that's why it's not something we'll see get fixed quickly or even at all. It's easy to point the blame at one person but the fact is, our struggles are a combination of so many things that even if you start fixing those problems the offense still isn't going to click.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
AggieUprising50

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » October 26th, 2019, 9:59 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 9:38 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

I believe if Yost were here, the production would far exceed what we’re seeing this year. You guys can blame it on talent all you want- why does Jordan Love suck this season all of the sudden? Because the truth is he wasn’t as good as the system made him look last season. And he’s not as bad as the system makes him look this season. Good offensive systems make quarterbacks look good. Football 101. Jalen Hurts can’t throw a ball at Alabama but hits every pass for Oklahoma. Easy reads, easy passes, good offense.
You guys think Air Force has more talent on offense than Utah State does on defense? No, you don’t.

Air Force has a ton of talent to run the triple option. They won't run the style of offense we run because they can't recruit for it.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm

dogie wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 9:58 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:

Gary was the right hire.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » October 26th, 2019, 10:02 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
@ggies wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

And that's why it's not something we'll see get fixed quickly or even at all. It's easy to point the blame at one person but the fact is, our struggles are a combination of so many things that even if you start fixing those problems the offense still isn't going to click.
We were spoiled last year. We were loaded and experienced at every position.

I just hope we score fast and make this a game again

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 26th, 2019, 10:03 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 10:00 pm
dogie wrote:
AggieUprising50 wrote:

Gary was the right hire.
Yes.
After emptying the cupboard Wells ran to Tech where they lost (Wells can’t win one possession games) to Kansas tonight.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » October 26th, 2019, 10:03 pm

Also the announcers correctly identified why Air Force doesn't throw the football well. #1 they don't have the QB for it. We do. #2 they don't have an offensive line big enough for it. Neither do we because we're running walk-on tryouts for depth because we're so thin there. Tic but not far from the truth.

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » October 26th, 2019, 10:06 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
@ggies wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:

It doesn’t have to be total fixed but the offense has totally regressed and it’s seemingly getting worse by the week. It’s not even functional at this point. The team has no identity besides running plays fast. We have limited scholarships next year and no playmakers, how is it going to get any better?
These users thanked the author SpectrumMagic for the post:
Slim80

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » October 26th, 2019, 10:18 pm

You can’t go home again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 26th, 2019, 10:33 pm

I just stopped watching. I feel okay about it too. I don’t want to get worked up before bed time.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 4):
BleedAggieBlue0ProvoAggieAgMacZaggie07

AgMac

Post by AgMac » October 26th, 2019, 10:39 pm

NVAggie wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 10:33 pm
I just stopped watching. I feel okay about it too. I don’t want to get worked up before bed time.
I legitimately stopped watching after our 2nd series. The projection for the rest of the game was obvious and painful. I might I suggest the WSU/Oregon game. It has been entertaining.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

ryguy417

Post by ryguy417 » October 26th, 2019, 10:49 pm

Zero Offense & Defense. Depressing watching 3rd down failures, poor play calling and clock management and a worn down defense. We may be lucky to get 6 wins this year.
These users thanked the author ryguy417 for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

sammyhagar

Post by sammyhagar » October 26th, 2019, 10:52 pm

Gary was the right hire, Sanford was not
These users thanked the author sammyhagar for the post (total 2):
TurtleAggieUprising50

BeNo

Post by BeNo » October 26th, 2019, 10:57 pm

Gary is the right hire. Yes the offense isn't doing well. Tarver and Greene and Dax were great WRs and we had a great OLine. Stop running around with your head cut off. Let's see where we are at the end of the year and improvements we make next year.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » October 26th, 2019, 11:02 pm

I said at the start of the year 8 wins would be a success, anything less a failure on Anderson. I really got no argument on that at the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » October 26th, 2019, 11:06 pm

We will finish the year no better than 7-5, which, honestly, is about what I expected. :noidea: The schedule was way overloaded this year for a team like us. We can’t play two good P5s and BYU in the same year we play the better part of the west division.

I think 6-6 with a win over UNM and one of Wyoming or Fresno. We may need to fire Sanford to get there.
Last edited by ineptimusprime on October 26th, 2019, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » October 26th, 2019, 11:08 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
October 26th, 2019, 11:06 pm
We will finish the year no better than 7-5, which, honestly, is about what I expected. :noidea:

I think 6-6 with a win over UNM and one of Wyoming or Fresno.
I think Byu is still a toss up. They’re going to get cocky and they’re no where near as good as this AFA team

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » October 26th, 2019, 11:09 pm

BleedAggieBlue0 wrote:Agree or disagree, you’ll find out- this program is going to go down under Gary Andersen. I was excited about the hire, I’m not anymore. It’s been obvious in every single game this season.

The whole program is going to go down under GA... You may want to wait till you’re not angry and emotional before posting because that wAs a very dumb thing to say. The game yes, the season possibly the whole program after half a season with the first year a coach is back, cmon man??

These users thanked the author Usu0505 for the post:
AggieUprising50

Locked Previous topicNext topic