Parking at the church

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
oleblu111
Posts: 1499
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 565 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Parking at the church

Post by oleblu111 » October 18th, 2019, 9:31 am

The parking lot for $100 donors is not perfect, but for $100 donors get parking for football, and if they buy season basketball tickets they get that also, so a $100 donor that goes to both sports pay's less for parking than what a person that goes but gives any donation, perhaps they need to increase the donation level for a parking pass and move those low level donors into the trailer park which is quite close to the east side seating, or just move them all to that east lot. There is a lot of parking around the stadium perhaps it should be set up another way. Parking for football at USU is very easy.



donlarson8
Posts: 1643
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Has thanked: 662 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Parking at the church

Post by donlarson8 » October 18th, 2019, 10:33 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 9:34 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:It would be really helpful if the University had enough parking that was open for game days that was not tied to residential areas.
Plenty of parking, it’s just not free.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think there are some spots- but I think we need more. There just really isn't enough dedicated Mav parking. It was an error in my view in the initial layout- with softball field, recycling centers, bus depots, that ag building, and the surplus store all in an area that would make a much better parking experience. In addition large portions of the lot were always blocked off for game day pre-game operations (ie- giant Alumni Association tent, HURD, etc). I would like to move many of those things to 1000 North and a section of 800 East (which had/have the Macey's events) while keeping the parking lot clearer- .

I just dont think it is worth it to the University to tear down and relocate all of those things. To really get the game day experience we should be able to have people be able to buy multiple spots and tailgate. A year or two before I left to be able to buy multiple spots, you needed to buy those spots for the year (at a premium) and they were in a pretty small lot. Which only really allowed Greeks, Campus Orgs, and dedicated tailgating groups to buy it.

But if you were a group who wanted to tailgate before homecoming or the 1st game, you're stuck to one spot that has your car in it.
The AD’s master plan calls for moving a lot of those things down by the ropes course to clear space for better parking and more athletics facilities. But that’s a ways down the road...



Aggie19
Posts: 533
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 316 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Parking at the church

Post by Aggie19 » October 18th, 2019, 10:38 am

donlarson8 wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 10:33 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
October 17th, 2019, 9:34 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:It would be really helpful if the University had enough parking that was open for game days that was not tied to residential areas.
Plenty of parking, it’s just not free.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think there are some spots- but I think we need more. There just really isn't enough dedicated Mav parking. It was an error in my view in the initial layout- with softball field, recycling centers, bus depots, that ag building, and the surplus store all in an area that would make a much better parking experience. In addition large portions of the lot were always blocked off for game day pre-game operations (ie- giant Alumni Association tent, HURD, etc). I would like to move many of those things to 1000 North and a section of 800 East (which had/have the Macey's events) while keeping the parking lot clearer- .

I just dont think it is worth it to the University to tear down and relocate all of those things. To really get the game day experience we should be able to have people be able to buy multiple spots and tailgate. A year or two before I left to be able to buy multiple spots, you needed to buy those spots for the year (at a premium) and they were in a pretty small lot. Which only really allowed Greeks, Campus Orgs, and dedicated tailgating groups to buy it.

But if you were a group who wanted to tailgate before homecoming or the 1st game, you're stuck to one spot that has your car in it.
The AD’s master plan calls for moving a lot of those things down by the ropes course to clear space for better parking and more athletics facilities. But that’s a ways down the road...
Where would one see the "AD's master plan"?
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
Imakeitrain


Go Aggies!

oleblu111
Posts: 1499
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 565 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Parking at the church

Post by oleblu111 » October 18th, 2019, 11:16 am

Having a premium tailgate spot is something that other schools do, for example at the U of U they give you a spot which can take care of 20 people with a tent and a 6' ft table that one is $365 per game- you can go as much as 60 guests with most things provided for $1,750 per game. Those up scale ones have coolers, cocktail tables dish T.V. etc. YBU has a program also where they provide tailgate spots also.

The one at Utah are a fair distance from the stadium. I do not know what YBU is like because I will never go down to that place for a game. I do not know how much interest the USU fans have for this kind of stadium experience, maybe it is time. This does not give you 20 parking places, just room to meet and tailgate.



User avatar
AgMac
Posts: 2735
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:29 am
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 189 times

Re: Parking at the church

Post by AgMac » October 18th, 2019, 12:26 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 11:16 am
Having a premium tailgate spot is something that other schools do, for example at the U of U they give you a spot which can take care of 20 people with a tent and a 6' ft table that one is $365 per game- you can go as much as 60 guests with most things provided for $1,750 per game. Those up scale ones have coolers, cocktail tables dish T.V. etc. YBU has a program also where they provide tailgate spots also.

The one at Utah are a fair distance from the stadium. I do not know what YBU is like because I will never go down to that place for a game. I do not know how much interest the USU fans have for this kind of stadium experience, maybe it is time. This does not give you 20 parking places, just room to meet and tailgate.
Are we not doing this? On my voyage from Lot E to the stadium, I walked through a bunch of tailgaters. I'm pretty sure it was TheAKAggie who staggered up to me and said "you're my best friend."



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14896
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 496 times
Contact:

Re: Parking at the church

Post by treesap32 » October 18th, 2019, 12:38 pm

AgMac wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 12:26 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 11:16 am
Having a premium tailgate spot is something that other schools do, for example at the U of U they give you a spot which can take care of 20 people with a tent and a 6' ft table that one is $365 per game- you can go as much as 60 guests with most things provided for $1,750 per game. Those up scale ones have coolers, cocktail tables dish T.V. etc. YBU has a program also where they provide tailgate spots also.

The one at Utah are a fair distance from the stadium. I do not know what YBU is like because I will never go down to that place for a game. I do not know how much interest the USU fans have for this kind of stadium experience, maybe it is time. This does not give you 20 parking places, just room to meet and tailgate.
Are we not doing this? On my voyage from Lot E to the stadium, I walked through a bunch of tailgaters. I'm pretty sure it was TheAKAggie who staggered up to me and said "you're my best friend."
I hope you didn't miss your opportunity to get a reindeer dog out of that random encounter.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 5706
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Location: Vienna, VA
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 270 times

Re: Parking at the church

Post by Imakeitrain » October 18th, 2019, 12:41 pm

AgMac wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 12:26 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 11:16 am
Having a premium tailgate spot is something that other schools do, for example at the U of U they give you a spot which can take care of 20 people with a tent and a 6' ft table that one is $365 per game- you can go as much as 60 guests with most things provided for $1,750 per game. Those up scale ones have coolers, cocktail tables dish T.V. etc. YBU has a program also where they provide tailgate spots also.

The one at Utah are a fair distance from the stadium. I do not know what YBU is like because I will never go down to that place for a game. I do not know how much interest the USU fans have for this kind of stadium experience, maybe it is time. This does not give you 20 parking places, just room to meet and tailgate.
Are we not doing this? On my voyage from Lot E to the stadium, I walked through a bunch of tailgaters. I'm pretty sure it was TheAKAggie who staggered up to me and said "you're my best friend."
My understanding is the difference is that at UU they actually provide many of the physical supplies one may need. Im not aware of this, but it may not neccessarily be in the parking lot (based on how I read it) . It could be on a lawn or something near UU's Stadium


"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

oleblu111
Posts: 1499
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 565 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Parking at the church

Post by oleblu111 » October 18th, 2019, 12:47 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 12:41 pm
AgMac wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 12:26 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 11:16 am
Having a premium tailgate spot is something that other schools do, for example at the U of U they give you a spot which can take care of 20 people with a tent and a 6' ft table that one is $365 per game- you can go as much as 60 guests with most things provided for $1,750 per game. Those up scale ones have coolers, cocktail tables dish T.V. etc. YBU has a program also where they provide tailgate spots also.

The one at Utah are a fair distance from the stadium. I do not know what YBU is like because I will never go down to that place for a game. I do not know how much interest the USU fans have for this kind of stadium experience, maybe it is time. This does not give you 20 parking places, just room to meet and tailgate.
Are we not doing this? On my voyage from Lot E to the stadium, I walked through a bunch of tailgaters. I'm pretty sure it was TheAKAggie who staggered up to me and said "you're my best friend."
My understanding is the difference is that at UU they actually provide many of the physical supplies one may need. Im not aware of this, but it may not neccessarily be in the parking lot (based on how I read it) . It could be on a lawn or something near UU's Stadium
That is correct. They may contract out the equipment and set up to a private company



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Parking at the church

Post by ChicAggie » October 18th, 2019, 3:27 pm

So just to be clear, what time should I have my car out of the church lot? And what are the consequences if I don't have it out at that time?


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 5367
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Parking at the church

Post by GameFAQSAggie » October 18th, 2019, 3:32 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 3:27 pm
So just to be clear, what time should I have my car out of the church lot? And what are the consequences if I don't have it out at that time?
Midnight. And you get a boot if it is not out at midnight.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Parking at the church

Post by TheAKAggie » October 18th, 2019, 5:51 pm

treesap32 wrote:
AgMac wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 12:26 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 11:16 am
Having a premium tailgate spot is something that other schools do, for example at the U of U they give you a spot which can take care of 20 people with a tent and a 6' ft table that one is $365 per game- you can go as much as 60 guests with most things provided for $1,750 per game. Those up scale ones have coolers, cocktail tables dish T.V. etc. YBU has a program also where they provide tailgate spots also.

The one at Utah are a fair distance from the stadium. I do not know what YBU is like because I will never go down to that place for a game. I do not know how much interest the USU fans have for this kind of stadium experience, maybe it is time. This does not give you 20 parking places, just room to meet and tailgate.
Are we not doing this? On my voyage from Lot E to the stadium, I walked through a bunch of tailgaters. I'm pretty sure it was TheAKAggie who staggered up to me and said "you're my best friend."
I hope you didn't miss your opportunity to get a reindeer dog out of that random encounter.
“Wanna party? I got some meat.” It’s a test and AgMac failed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
Aggie19


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12649
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 646 times
Contact:

Re: Parking at the church

Post by ProvoAggie » October 18th, 2019, 6:50 pm

ChicAggie wrote:So just to be clear, what time should I have my car out of the church lot? And what are the consequences if I don't have it out at that time?
You'd have to come to the game to have this be a problem.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk




Locked Previous topicNext topic