Matt Wells

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dyedblue
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 257 times

Re: Matt Wells

Post by dyedblue » October 18th, 2019, 9:05 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:All I can say is
1. If Matt Wells goes 2-3 the next five games(no better, no worse), we would have to the cheer for the Longhorns against him.
2. If Matt Wells goes 0-4, 3-1 or 4-0 the next four games, along with Kansas State going 1-4 in the next five, we would have to cheer for him against K State. K State going 0-5, 3-2, 4-1, or 5-0 in the next five along with Wells going 1-3 or 2-2 in the next four puts us in the position to cheer for K State against him.
And those scenarios have nothing to do with fans or Wells being our former coach.
Tell us how you really feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

GameFAQSAggie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by GameFAQSAggie » October 18th, 2019, 9:14 pm

dyedblue wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 9:05 pm
1. If Matt Wells goes 2-3 the next five games(no better, no worse), we would have to the cheer for the Longhorns against him.
2. If Matt Wells goes 0-4, 3-1 or 4-0 the next four games, along with Kansas State going 1-4 in the next five, we would have to cheer for him against K State. K State going 0-5, 3-2, 4-1, or 5-0 in the next five along with Wells going 1-3 or 2-2 in the next four puts us in the position to cheer for K State against him.
And those scenarios have nothing to do with fans or Wells being our former coach.

I just feel like we want as few bowl eligible teams as possible to free up bowl slots. Rather the bowl slot is for us or for Boise to free up Vegas for us or someone else. And if we drop a few, we may need the bowl slots freed up for teams from our conference to leave the Potato or Arizona for us.

Sl7vk
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Sl7vk » October 18th, 2019, 9:52 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 8:56 pm
All I can say is
I’ve had a few (to many) drinks, so this is a bit tough for me to follow. :headscratch: :headscratch:

stwinward
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times

Post by stwinward » October 18th, 2019, 10:31 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
October 18th, 2019, 8:56 pm
All I can say is
Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 200 times

Post by TheAKAggie » October 19th, 2019, 12:42 am

dyedblue wrote:

$20 says he did that all from memory and didn’t have to look anything up.

Hail Aggies!

GameFAQSAggie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 76 times

Post by GameFAQSAggie » October 19th, 2019, 7:37 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
October 19th, 2019, 12:42 am
dyedblue wrote:

$20 says he did that all from memory and didn’t have to look anything up.

To be honest, I did have to look up Texas Tech and Kansas State's schedules to know the scenarios. I can however say from memory that two years ago, when we were wanting Texas to beat 5-6 Texas Tech to free up a bowl slot, the Longhorns disappointed and Tech won for number 6 to take a bowl slot. And the last two years, the Duke VS. Wake Forest game disappointed cause of another bowl slot getting taken. Last year, it was 5-6 Wake Forest we were wanting to lose to already eligible Duke to free up a slot, and Wake won. Two years ago, it was the reverse with us wanting 5-6 Duke to lose to already eligible Wake to free up a slot, and Duke won. The other things I can remember from the final Saturday last year include being happy about Florida State losing to Florida, Notre Dame beating USC, and Arizona losing to Arizona State. While being unhappy with Minnesota beating Wisconsin.

As for two years ago, the other thing I can remember was not wanting Georgia Tech to beat Georgia for #6 then being happy it didn't happen.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 200 times

Post by TheAKAggie » October 19th, 2019, 9:15 am

My hero! Nice work FAQS!

Hail Aggies!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic