Nevada Game time?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GeoAg

Re: Nevada Game time?

Post by GeoAg » October 8th, 2019, 10:00 am

I like the late starts. Actually, I don't care when the game starts, I'll be there.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 8th, 2019, 10:04 am

GeoAg wrote:I like the late starts. Actually, I don't care when the game starts, I'll be there.
I will be there too. That’s not really the point. Most people do in fact care when the game is and that hurts attendance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » October 8th, 2019, 10:29 am

2004AG wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 10:04 am
GeoAg wrote:I like the late starts. Actually, I don't care when the game starts, I'll be there.
I will be there too. That’s not really the point. Most people do in fact care when the game is and that hurts attendance.

Opponent and weather matter much more than start time, in my experience. If we are good, the opponent is good, and the weather is nice they could start that sucker at 10:00 PM and people would show up.

Nevada is not good, and I haven't looked at a weather report.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

ususports

Post by ususports » October 8th, 2019, 10:40 am

Full wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 9:32 am
It’s one thing to play on ESPN, but ESPNU and one of three Mountain West games kicking off after 8:00 is not ideal (also considering no other conference has teams kicking after 8:00 that week).
While this may be true for that one week, the Pac 12 consistently has games that start at or after 8:00 p.m. The Washington game kicks off at 9:00 p.m. this week.

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » October 8th, 2019, 10:43 am

ususports wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 10:40 am
Full wrote:
It’s one thing to play on ESPN, but ESPNU and one of three Mountain West games kicking off after 8:00 is not ideal (also considering no other conference has teams kicking after 8:00 that week).
While this may be true for that one week, the Pac 12 consistently has games that start at or after 8:00 p.m. The Washington game kicks off at 9:00 p.m. this week.
is that 9pm mst?

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » October 8th, 2019, 10:59 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 10:29 am
2004AG wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 10:04 am

Opponent and weather matter much more than start time, in my experience. If we are good, the opponent is good, and the weather is nice they could start that sucker at 10:00 PM and people would show up.

Nevada is not good, and I haven't looked at a weather report.

[Nevada is no world beater, but historically we have not had huge success against them. These are the exact teams that fans have been clamoring to play instead of playing teams against the sun belt team with no regional interest. There should be high interest in these games since they are regional and we have experienced some great games in the past with them.]

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 8th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Aggie fans will need to show up because they love their team and football. Aggie fans are the biggest hindrance to taking the next step as a program.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » October 8th, 2019, 12:09 pm

I prefer night games, but it definitely makes for a late night.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » October 8th, 2019, 1:03 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 5:13 pm
918AGG wrote:
AGinNEIowa wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 3:04 pm
The good news is that my first home football game since 1998 will be a night game, and it won't be 100 degree heat index!

The bad news is, well - given that it's my first chance to be at a home game in over 20 years, there is no bad news.
Highly recommended Aggie ice cream flavor: Aggie ROTC Enjoy!

raspberry swirl, Oreo pieces, toffee bits in chocolate flavored ice cream
They started making flavors other than Aggie Blue Mint? Cool.

Hey, happy B-DAY AK!....at least per what the board says today. Are you celebrating with said Aggie Blue Mint today?

Full

Post by Full » October 8th, 2019, 1:23 pm

ususports wrote:
Full wrote:
I’m aware of #Pac-12AfterDark

My point remains.

ususports

Post by ususports » October 8th, 2019, 4:36 pm

tipitup wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 10:43 am
ususports wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 10:40 am
Full wrote:
is that 9pm mst?
Yes it is.

MaverickAggie

Post by MaverickAggie » October 8th, 2019, 5:06 pm

dyedblue wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 10:28 pm
MaverickAggie wrote:People will find a reason to complain no matter the start time. It really shouldn't matter. I drive from Boise with young kids which means we stay Saturday night in Logan anyway. I do feel like night games are more fun with more energy. No reason Maverik shouldn't be sold out the next 3 home games.
I don’t think I saw one complaint about the start time for Stony Brook or CSU

You're right, a bit of an over reaction on my part. I do believe there are trade-offs no matter the time. There are lots of families with youth league sports and other engagements that usually occupy the morning and afternoon on Saturdays but leave the evening open to attend. The flip side is there are those that don't want to get home super late and avoid the late games. I think it equals out.

At the end of the day......#PacktheMav!

Full

Post by Full » October 11th, 2019, 1:53 pm

Looking at the long range weather forecast it looks like rain changing to snow for game day. I’ll appreciate that late kickoff if any perception is white, because rain with temps in the mid to upper 30’s is miserable.

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » October 12th, 2019, 8:56 am

Late games are not good for the older crowd that buys most of the season tickets. Especially when the game is on TV. Personally I hate getting back to SLC at 2AM. But that just one opinion.

ususports

Post by ususports » October 12th, 2019, 9:24 am

Agezzz wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 8:56 am
Late games are not good for the older crowd that buys most of the season tickets. Especially when the game is on TV. Personally I hate getting back to SLC at 2AM. But that just one opinion.
Some of us have a 1.5 mile walk to our house after the game. Doing that kind of cardio so late at night has to raise the risk of a heart attack.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
sam tingey

sneed

Post by sneed » October 12th, 2019, 11:05 am

I prefer late games in September and afternoon games in Oct Nov (crazy I know....). If it’s going to be cold anyway I’m not bringing my kids so it might as well be at night I guess. I’ll probably just wear a coat and enjoy the game.

My kids made it through the whole CSU game but It was annoying. My wife was out of town - so they needed to come. This time she will be there to hang out in the hotel with the kids while I go to the game.
These users thanked the author sneed for the post:
Donman

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 12th, 2019, 11:39 am

I find it interesting that football fans expect the team to go as hard as they can, regardless of game times, weather conditions, not getting home until 6 the next morning, playing someone whose fans give them all the best, does not matter, they need to man up face the challenge, but as fans we whine about start times, weather, getting home late, concession lines, bag search's ticket prices, but the team needs to man up. Ok I get it. After all they are representing us.

ususports

Post by ususports » October 13th, 2019, 7:48 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 11:39 am
I find it interesting that football fans expect the team to go as hard as they can, regardless of game times, weather conditions, not getting home until 6 the next morning, playing someone whose fans give them all the best, does not matter, they need to man up face the challenge, but as fans we whine about start times, weather, getting home late, concession lines, bag search's ticket prices, but the team needs to man up. Ok I get it. After all they are representing us.
One group is being paid (essentially) to entertain, and the other group is paying to be entertained. Not too hard of a concept to grasp.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 2):
NVAggieutahcountyaggie

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 14th, 2019, 2:58 pm

ususports wrote:
October 13th, 2019, 7:48 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
October 12th, 2019, 11:39 am
One group is being paid (essentially) to entertain, and the other group is paying to be entertained. Not too hard of a concept to grasp.
Oh I grasp it, however I do see fan bases that show up in much better numbers for late games, and I know what a whine, and moan fan base is..

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » October 14th, 2019, 5:58 pm

The good thing about our televised games starting late is that we'll be on in bars across the country with people asking "where is Utah State located?" This happened to me one time in NYC, although it was with Weber State. This gal sitting next to me at this Scottish themed bar says "where is Weber State from?" just out in the open like that. I immediately turned to her with the answer "Ogden, Utah ma'am" which was automatically followed by "where is that?" :lol:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » October 14th, 2019, 7:23 pm

ViAggie wrote:The good thing about our televised games starting late is that we'll be on in bars across the country with people asking "where is Utah State located?" This happened to me one time in NYC, although it was with Weber State. This gal sitting next to me at this Scottish themed bar says "where is Weber State from?" just out in the open like that. I immediately turned to her with the answer "Ogden, Utah ma'am" which was automatically followed by "where is that?" Image
I was in Atlanta for a late game against UNLV a few years ago. Went to a sports bar to watch since it wasn't on at the hotel and they closed and kicked us out at half time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » October 14th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Agezzz wrote:
You and I have the same problem Agezzz. Sandy isn't a tough drive, but after midnight there is a bit more adventure. Going through Sardine at night I enjoy having someone driving about 100 yards ahead of me...they are welcome to the first set of ANTLERS!!!!

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 14th, 2019, 9:11 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
October 14th, 2019, 7:29 pm
Agezzz wrote:
You and I have the same problem Agezzz. Sandy isn't a tough drive, but after midnight there is a bit more adventure. Going through Sardine at night I enjoy having someone driving about 100 yards ahead of me...they are welcome to the first set of ANTLERS!!!!
I just get a hotel. Makes for a great father son weekend with my 11 year old.

Locked Previous topicNext topic