When you whore yourself out, you’re bound to get the clap

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 200 times

Re: When you whore yourself out, you’re bound to get the clap

Post by TheAKAggie » October 6th, 2019, 10:03 am

Aggie19 wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:10 pm
How embarrassing. :disappointed:
Hahaha! I'm positive this is the first time I've heard our football described as someone with a venereal disease, but point recieved
You must not have been around 00-08 Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users liked this post from TheAKAggie:
Aggie19

Hail Aggies!

Aggie19
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 75 times

Post by Aggie19 » October 6th, 2019, 10:08 am

dyedblue wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 8:35 am
CSU looked hapless at home last night. They are not a good team. SDSU's defense is very good.

I don't disagree. I said as much....

"I believe it was a quality win against CSU, not because they are a great. I think its a quality win because of the weather and our history of tough games with them. Over three last 10 games with them, we're 5-5. The series is pretty even since it began. Also because of what transpired at the end of the game last season, I think CSU wanted a little pay back."

Go Aggies!

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 54 times

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 6th, 2019, 2:32 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 9:37 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 7:03 am
oleblu111 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 11:06 pm
Want the truth well LSU fans put a total of $75 million into athletics, USU fans put in a total of $7 million those numbers reflect both ticket sales and donations. The USU fans bought a total of $2 million dollars in tickets for all sports. The administration has increased contributions by many millions of dollars in order to be at least competitive in the MWC, as it is students, and school funds make up 55 % of the budget. Even with that we spent the second lowest amount on athletics of any school in the conference. Where is USU going to get the money to run the program? If we spent as much as the fans of Wyoming do we would not need these games, so it is up to us.
Wyoming plays these games. They played Oregon with Mariotta when they were in the national championship.
What teams in our conference don't play these games? It is part of being a college football team. Before yesterday Aggie fans looked forward to these games and welcomed them. Playing Auburn game 1 after they were national champs is one of the most memorable Aggie games of the last 20 years.
Wyoming plays P-5 schools which is true however most of those are home and home for example the Missouri win was part of a home and home series as are Texas Tech, Utah, California, over the next 10 seasons they have one game that is not home and home with a power 5 school.big difference. Teams in the conference that do not do this are San Diego, Boise, Hawaii, and Air Force. I understand why we play these games, but I do not think putting the blame on the school is correct. I would be thrilled to do what Wyoming does.
I just gave you an example of Wyoming playing a game like this. They are also playing Clemson in a few years. That is the best program in the country and there won't be a return game. Air Force has also recently played Michigan and Michigan Stat with no return game. Again, it is pretty standard for MW teams to play p5 games in big stadiums with no return game.
These users liked this post from Aggie formerly in Hawaii:
oleblu111

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Been liked: 54 times

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » October 6th, 2019, 2:33 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 10:08 am
dyedblue wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 8:35 am
CSU looked hapless at home last night. They are not a good team. SDSU's defense is very good.

I don't disagree. I said as much....

"I believe it was a quality win against CSU, not because they are a great. I think its a quality win because of the weather and our history of tough games with them. Over three last 10 games with them, we're 5-5. The series is pretty even since it began. Also because of what transpired at the end of the game last season, I think CSU wanted a little pay back."
I guess you can see the game how you want, but beating a team that will probably finish 3-9 or so isn't a great win.

Aggie84025
Been liked: 174 times

Post by Aggie84025 » October 6th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Whether or not it's perceived as a great win any time we beat any of our conference mates it's a great win for me personally. Just like if we beat Nevada to me that would be a great when we have not had that great of success against Nevada so any Victory we get against them will be great for me in my opinion.
These users liked this post from Aggie84025:
Aggie19

oleblu111
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 130 times

Post by oleblu111 » October 6th, 2019, 4:20 pm

October 6th, 2019, 2:32 pm
oleblu111 wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 9:37 am
October 6th, 2019, 7:03 am
oleblu111 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 11:06 pm
Want the truth well LSU fans put a total of $75 million into athletics, USU fans put in a total of $7 million those numbers reflect both ticket sales and donations. The USU fans bought a total of $2 million dollars in tickets for all sports. The administration has increased contributions by many millions of dollars in order to be at least competitive in the MWC, as it is students, and school funds make up 55 % of the budget. Even with that we spent the second lowest amount on athletics of any school in the conference. Where is USU going to get the money to run the program? If we spent as much as the fans of Wyoming do we would not need these games, so it is up to us.
Wyoming plays these games. They played Oregon with Mariotta when they were in the national championship.
What teams in our conference don't play these games? It is part of being a college football team. Before yesterday Aggie fans looked forward to these games and welcomed them. Playing Auburn game 1 after they were national champs is one of the most memorable Aggie games of the last 20 years.
Wyoming plays P-5 schools which is true however most of those are home and home for example the Missouri win was part of a home and home series as are Texas Tech, Utah, California, over the next 10 seasons they have one game that is not home and home with a power 5 school.big difference. Teams in the conference that do not do this are San Diego, Boise, Hawaii, and Air Force. I understand why we play these games, but I do not think putting the blame on the school is correct. I would be thrilled to do what Wyoming does.
I just gave you an example of Wyoming playing a game like this. They are also playing Clemson in a few years. That is the best program in the country and there won't be a return game. Air Force has also recently played Michigan and Michigan Stat with no return game. Again, it is pretty standard for MW teams to play p5 games in big stadiums with no return game.
Again Wyoming does play P-5 schools that do not return, but it is not every season, how many do they have over the next 5 seasons and how many do we have ? I did say most in the post not all. I do not think UNLV has any P-5 games which are not home and home.
Last edited by oleblu111 on October 6th, 2019, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aggie84025
Been liked: 174 times

Post by Aggie84025 » October 6th, 2019, 4:32 pm

WYO has better resources. They dont need the money games every year. In 2021 we dont even have a money game, we play at WSU and then NMSU.
These users liked this post from Aggie84025:
oleblu111

NavyBlueAggie
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by NavyBlueAggie » October 6th, 2019, 9:08 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 6:35 pm
It’s not the competitive disadvantage of playing them now, they clearly are better in every way. Playing NFL size, speed, and aggression leads to worn down bodies and more injuries. Better to play it first game (if we have to) so guys can heal in time for conference play.
Yes, it was a money game, and not very popular with G A. Interesting you noted LSU had NFL type players hipster,,,I believe I made the same observations as the game wore on into the second quarter. We did miss a couple of real scoring opportunities in the first half, and then the roof caved in and we looked gassed in the second half. I'm still scratching my head about our offensive performance this season though.

FloridaAggie13
Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 90 times

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 6th, 2019, 9:12 pm

Maybe we need to drop down a level from FBS to FCS to protect our players?

It sounds as if the NCAA is perfectly correct in splitting up major college football into the P5 programs and the rest of us, if only to protect players.

Am I missing something?

Aglicious
Site Admin
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 232 times

Post by Aglicious » October 7th, 2019, 11:09 am

dyedblue wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 9:47 am
I don't see many freaking out because we lost. I think most are simply pointing out that our ineptitude is a pattern. We couldn't even punch it in from the 7 yard line and not just because it was LSU because we haven't done it all year.

^^This^^. The "freak out" is most definitely due to how we competed and not because of the end result of the game. It was an embarrassment, and it should be to everyone involved or else I would question their desire to actually compete. All that coaches, players, and fans can do now is turn the page, move on, and do better.

All the talk and anticipation about taking the next step as a program has been lingering for several years now and winning a road game against a P5 is the goal and measuring stick. Since we only get once chance (maybe two) each year, the pressure is not only raised for those individual games but continues to mount every year that passes without a win in those games.

Programs like BSU continued their climb by winning games like this and thus increased their brand, revenue, and marketability. They didn't whine about how someone like OU had 6 or 8 times more budget, they simply saw them as other college aged kids putting on a maroon uniform and taking the field with an equal number of players. They didn't use the excuse that the other team had 60k-70k fans (or 100k like LSU) compared to their 20k. The fans aren't playing each other. The BSU coaches stepped up and decided they were going to get creative with play calling and play designs and do all they could to put their opponent at a disadvantage. Their players bought in and threw caution to the wind, after all what did they have to lose? Once they were able to do it once, then they have been able to do it multiple times in Fiesta Bowls, at VaTech, at Florida St., and against multiple Pac-12 teams.

I didn't see that same sense of creativeness from our staff or players this weekend. In fact, go back and watch a GA coached team from 2010 play at #7 Oklahoma. That OU team was stacked with great WRs in Stills and Broyles, Demarco Murray at RB and Landry Jones at QB yet we walked into Norman and played with them for 4 qtrs and only lost after an INT on the final drive. Are we to believe we have less talented players 9 years later after recruiting to and playing in a much better conference? We had Borel at QB, Dervin Speight played the main role at RB, and I bet most people couldn't even name our WR's. Other than the fact we had far better CB's back then our team is better now.
These users liked this post from Aglicious. Total Likes: 4
vegasaggieAgMacChicAggiesdiggety

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » October 7th, 2019, 11:28 am

The fans are not playing each other, yes they are. If you do not see the massive advantage that huge money does for a program well I guess we shall never agree.

The next level for USU should be winning the MWC, and going to Vegas for a bowl game vs. a PAC-12 school.

BSU does not play money games on the road the OU game was a neural site. That is because their fans spend about $10 million a year more on tickets and donations.

When will USU fans take the next step ? To be honest as a fan we do get much more than what we pay for.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » October 7th, 2019, 11:51 am

oleblu111 wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 11:28 am
The fans are not playing each other, yes they are. If you do not see the massive advantage that huge money does for a program well I guess we shall never agree.

The next level for USU should be winning the MWC, and going to Vegas for a bowl game vs. a PAC-12 school.

BSU does not play money games on the road the OU game was a neural site. That is because their fans spend about $10 million a year more on tickets and donations.

When will USU fans take the next step ? To be honest as a fan we do get much more than what we pay for.
No one is arguing that there isn't an advantage for programs with more money but if the game was all about who had the largest stack of cash then BSU shouldn't have won any of those games no matter where they were played. They should have been killed at Florida St. this year because hey, Seminole $$ > Bronco $$. BSU doesn't play these money games anymore because they stepped up and beat teams that had these advantages over them. They didn't win because they spent more on donations and tickets - those came as a result of the winning.

All I'm saying is there is a mental and competitive aspect to this as well, that is why the games are played. If all that mattered was how much revenue you made, or how many fans could be proven, then just hand the trophy to the biggest budget and don't play the games at all. I realize that in reality there are only 10-12 teams truly playing for a national championship in any given year and that is largely due to their off-the-field advantages.

I agree that USU's goal should be the MWC championship - that should be the goal every year but I would argue that building a brand in the same manner that BSU has will only come through winning these types of P5 games - whether they are on the road or in a bowl.

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » October 7th, 2019, 12:04 pm

You understand that building a brand requires revenue right ? If USU fans spent $5 million more on tickets and donations, needed a 30,000 plus seat stadium, did not schedule built in losses, then maybe if you are lucky you just might beat a P-5 school.

BSU has a home game with Florida state.

Money is not the only factor, but it is a huge advantage. We had a 11 win 2018 season, the school ended up in the top 25, and yet we can not come close to selling out the 16,000 or so season tickets we have even with a great schedule. If we expect the team to take the next step perhaps we fans maybe need to do it also.

dyedblue
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 257 times

Post by dyedblue » October 7th, 2019, 12:10 pm

oleblu111 wrote:You understand that building a brand requires revenue right ? If USU fans spent $5 million more on tickets and donations, needed a 30,000 plus seat stadium, did not schedule built in losses, then maybe if you are lucky you just might beat a P-5 school.

Money is not the only factor, but it is a huge advantage. We had a 11 win 2018 season, the school ended up in the top 25, and yet we can not come close to selling out the 16,000 or so season tickets we have even with a great schedule. If we expect the team to take the next step perhaps we fans maybe need to do it also.
So we could outplay Wisconsin, Wake Forest, and Auburn and stay with aTm and Oklahoma but now that we play LSU the money is the reason we couldn’t compete? I’m not seeing it.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Aggieiester
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Aggieiester » October 7th, 2019, 12:39 pm

dyedblue wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 12:10 pm
oleblu111 wrote:You understand that building a brand requires revenue right ? If USU fans spent $5 million more on tickets and donations, needed a 30,000 plus seat stadium, did not schedule built in losses, then maybe if you are lucky you just might beat a P-5 school.

So we could outplay Wisconsin, Wake Forest, and Auburn and stay with aTm and Oklahoma but now that we play LSU the money is the reason we couldn’t compete? I’m not seeing it.

It's a pretty simple concept, if you play schools with more resources, access to 4 and 5 star recruits in their stadium, with their officials you can hang with them and sometimes beat them but it is not going to happen every time. There's a reason that USU has not beaten a P5 school on the road in 45 years and it is not bad coaching.

USU had a pretty good run of playing schools in a year when they were not their best.

Michigan St. last year was 7-6
Wisconsin 2012 8-6
Tennessee 2014 7-6
Texas A&M 2009 6-7
Auburn 2011 8-5

On the other side USU caught both USC and Wisconsin with good teams in 2016 and 2017 and got beat pretty bad in both games.

There's a pretty strong correlation between revenue and success that why 21 out of the top 25 teams are P5 schools. The interesting thing is that over the last several years USU is one of the few schools that has consistently played above their revenue in relation to other FBS schools, yet there seems to be few that understand or appreciate it.
Last edited by Aggieiester on October 7th, 2019, 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked this post from Aggieiester. Total Likes: 2
oleblu111ChicAggie

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » October 7th, 2019, 12:40 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 12:04 pm
You understand that building a brand requires revenue right ? If USU fans spent $5 million more on tickets and donations, needed a 30,000 plus seat stadium, did not schedule built in losses, then maybe if you are lucky you just might beat a P-5 school.

....and they have that home game with FSU because of what they have accomplished on the field and the reputation they have built as a result. It took multiple Fiesta Bowl appearances, multiple home, road, and neutral P5 victories to get teams like Oregon and FSU to come to Boise.

I don't disagree with you on the fans and the need to step up support but I have a feeling it is going to be a much longer transition for generations of USU fans to break the mentality of being disappointed as opposed to a fanbase like the Broncos that have experienced decades of success even back to their JC days. I don't think you are alone though in your disappointment by what appears to be a lack of Aggie fan support.

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » October 7th, 2019, 12:45 pm

dyedblue wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 12:10 pm

If you folks want to argue that revenue is not a huge factor in today's college football ok then there is no need to explain it. If a problem is perhaps a result of the group we are part of. seeing and admitting that is difficult. USU fans of which I'm a part of is not doing enough to build the program to were it should be in fact not even close

I will give you folks a example. My father and I raced horse's we did our own training, we paid for everything, we did ok, but we wanted to do better, but with our budget to be consistently in the winners circle we needed the have revenue close to what the top people had, so we got some others to invest, despite still not having what the top owners had we were in the ball park, as a result we started to have quite a bit of success. We were like USU is we did ok won some, but with investment we did so much more, so I'm a reflection of my experience.

sam tingey
2013 & 2016 FB Predict The Score Champion & 2017 & 2018 Bowl Pick'Em Champion
Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 75 times

Post by sam tingey » October 7th, 2019, 12:48 pm

I just wish we had more fans.
These users liked this post from sam tingey:
sdiggety

Imakeitrain
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 155 times

Post by Imakeitrain » October 7th, 2019, 1:47 pm

Do we have a wealthy enough alumni base to really drive donations?

I've stated before that if we expect fans to take the next step- our school needs to have a much better career center.

How are grads expected to have any money when they make $45,000 pre-tax working on a single income with a stay-at-home parent and 3 toddlers?

Some of this isn't a career center issue, but if this school wants more donations, the school should do better at putting students in a position to successfully interview for the types of jobs that will pay enough for grads to have disposable income for donations.

We need a much more national presence for the firms that come in and recruit.

The education at Utah State is incredible (mostly). We just need to show hiring managers that a Utah State education is a value to their firm. Do this, we will get more donations.

The Boise route of dumping all of our money into Football and being the only game in the state is not likely to be fruitful for us.
These users liked this post from Imakeitrain:
sdiggety

"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

taniataylor
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 347 times

Post by taniataylor » October 7th, 2019, 2:06 pm

Aglicious wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 11:09 am
dyedblue wrote:
October 6th, 2019, 9:47 am
I don't see many freaking out because we lost. I think most are simply pointing out that our ineptitude is a pattern. We couldn't even punch it in from the 7 yard line and not just because it was LSU because we haven't done it all year.

^^This^^. The "freak out" is most definitely due to how we competed and not because of the end result of the game. It was an embarrassment, and it should be to everyone involved or else I would question their desire to actually compete. All that coaches, players, and fans can do now is turn the page, move on, and do better.

All the talk and anticipation about taking the next step as a program has been lingering for several years now and winning a road game against a P5 is the goal and measuring stick. Since we only get once chance (maybe two) each year, the pressure is not only raised for those individual games but continues to mount every year that passes without a win in those games.

Programs like BSU continued their climb by winning games like this and thus increased their brand, revenue, and marketability. They didn't whine about how someone like OU had 6 or 8 times more budget, they simply saw them as other college aged kids putting on a maroon uniform and taking the field with an equal number of players. They didn't use the excuse that the other team had 60k-70k fans (or 100k like LSU) compared to their 20k. The fans aren't playing each other. The BSU coaches stepped up and decided they were going to get creative with play calling and play designs and do all they could to put their opponent at a disadvantage. Their players bought in and threw caution to the wind, after all what did they have to lose? Once they were able to do it once, then they have been able to do it multiple times in Fiesta Bowls, at VaTech, at Florida St., and against multiple Pac-12 teams.

I didn't see that same sense of creativeness from our staff or players this weekend. In fact, go back and watch a GA coached team from 2010 play at #7 Oklahoma. That OU team was stacked with great WRs in Stills and Broyles, Demarco Murray at RB and Landry Jones at QB yet we walked into Norman and played with them for 4 qtrs and only lost after an INT on the final drive. Are we to believe we have less talented players 9 years later after recruiting to and playing in a much better conference? We had Borel at QB, Dervin Speight played the main role at RB, and I bet most people couldn't even name our WR's. Other than the fact we had far better CB's back then our team is better now.
I know they don't feel great about anything that happened on Saturday....

https://www.deseret.com/2019/10/5/20899 ... o-no-5-lsu
These users liked this post from taniataylor:
sdiggety

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » October 7th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
October 7th, 2019, 1:47 pm
Do we have a wealthy enough alumni base to really drive donations?

I've stated before that if we expect fans to take the next step- our school needs to have a much better career center.

How are grads expected to have any money when they make $45,000 pre-tax working on a single income with a stay-at-home parent and 3 toddlers?

Some of this isn't a career center issue, but if this school wants more donations, the school should do better at putting students in a position to successfully interview for the types of jobs that will pay enough for grads to have disposable income for donations.

We need a much more national presence for the firms that come in and recruit.

The education at Utah State is incredible (mostly). We just need to show hiring managers that a Utah State education is a value to their firm. Do this, we will get more donations.

The Boise route of dumping all of our money into Football and being the only game in the state is not likely to be fruitful for us.
Man that does not sound to me like I should not continue to send kids to USU. If the income is only $45,000 per year, than there is a huge problem.

I guess folks do not know that Boise spends less school funds on football than what USU does, perhaps if people believe that a education is lacking perhaps USU should spend less on athletics than what it does. I honestly did not know that USU grads did so poorly in their career's.

I guess I understand why one of them transferred to the U of U for Engineering. He told me he though he would have better internships and career placement he is looking at a lot more than $45,000. in fact he and his fiance are looking at a combined income of $110- 130,000 per year she has graduated, and is already working I'am really stunned to hear this.
Last edited by oleblu111 on October 7th, 2019, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NVAggie
Has liked: 560 times
Been liked: 488 times

Post by NVAggie » October 7th, 2019, 4:28 pm

My first job out of college was significantly more than what was stated here. That was over a decade ago.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » October 7th, 2019, 5:21 pm

Engineering is one of the highest value majors we have and even then grads are making 40s, 50s and 60s depending on type of engineer. I picked a number that seemed to be in the middle of various colleges. 45k is low for an engineering major but im confident that VT and RPI grads are making a lot more despite USU being every bit as good of a school in terms of education quality.

Our career center is garbage. The lack of rooms limits how many interviews firms can grant and having the career center in the dark basement of a hotel is not a good look.

https://career-services.usu.edu/z-pdf/F ... SALARY.pdf

"Gary Come Home”

ChicAggie
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 271 times

Post by ChicAggie » October 8th, 2019, 10:29 am

October 5th, 2019, 9:26 pm
For years Aggie fans have had to combat the "little brother" nonsense we have gotten from our rivals down south. Honestly after seeing the board today, maybe the little brother moniker works. Utah is in the Pac 12 and byu doesn't seem afraid to play anybody. While a vocal minority of our fans who seem to have little understanding of the economics of USU athletics are wanting to cancel our one game a year against the big boys.
FIFY

Not sure why some posters feel the need to impute the words of one or two posters to the entire body of USU fans.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

AndroidAggie
Has liked: 67 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by AndroidAggie » October 8th, 2019, 10:44 am

starting salaries for USU's electrical engineering graduates are much higher than $45K

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » October 8th, 2019, 4:30 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:
October 8th, 2019, 10:44 am
starting salaries for USU's electrical engineering graduates are much higher than $45K
Yes the data that I posted says electrical engineers are starting around 60. But that is one major in one college within our university.

The quality of a Utah State education is phenomenal. We have beautiful new buildings.

I’m a Huntsman grad, so my example is huntsman centered.

In the Huntsman school we have world class professors and programs. We have multiple clubs that go out and compete with universities around the country and win- or place in the top. Shuman does an incredible job.

Doyle was on the FASB. (Big Deal in accounting!)

Stowell who also teaches at Northwestern Kellogg was at a very high level over at UBS and Goldman before going into education.

We have an incredible faculty, state of the
art resources at the Huntsman School.

Despite all of that the Huntsman school is virtually unknown outside of the intermountain west.

SEC schools, and even BYU type schools have money because they have a large network. USU does not have this to the same extent.

We do need to win games, but we also need to improve our schools networking skills which can boost academics and athletics.

We’ve built all of these great facilities. It’s time we show the rest of the country what we have to offer and expand our footprint.
These users liked this post from Imakeitrain:
LarryTheAggie

"Gary Come Home”

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic