Hans Olsen Review of USU vs CSU

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ProvidenceAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by ProvidenceAggie » October 2nd, 2019, 10:32 am

Here are some of the videos Hans has just posted. There are more coming. He can give some good insight at times. He may do more if he gets more views from USU fans.

Last edited by ProvidenceAggie on October 2nd, 2019, 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: Hans Olsen Review of USU vs CSU

Post by BigBlueDart » October 2nd, 2019, 10:53 am

I've been missing these! Thanks for posting. I'll have to circle back and watch after work some time.

ProvidenceAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by ProvidenceAggie » October 2nd, 2019, 12:06 pm

Here are the rest of the videos.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » October 2nd, 2019, 12:20 pm

Thanks Han's!

AgMac

Post by AgMac » October 2nd, 2019, 12:28 pm

Loved the breakdown on the blocked punt. Honestly, when we lined up in that spread out formation, I thought to myself "what in the world are we doing?" CSU obviously saw that stupid formation on film. They stack 5 guys over the long snapper and 4 of them blow up our 3 up men with a full head of steam. Of course, one of them are going to get through.

I HATE that stupid spread out formation on punts.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 2nd, 2019, 12:33 pm

I always watch these when he does them. I also thumbs up each one.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » October 2nd, 2019, 12:43 pm

NVAggie wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:33 pm
I always watch these when he does them. I also thumbs up each one.
likewise

although i was hesitant to thumbs up the blocked punt because of how awful it looked

aggiefan444

Post by aggiefan444 » October 2nd, 2019, 12:47 pm

I love the breakdown of the kick return and he shows LaValles block. That was awesome.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 2nd, 2019, 12:48 pm

We should absolutely be able to out view the BYU fans on this.

Aggie_CEE

Post by Aggie_CEE » October 2nd, 2019, 1:29 pm

Glad to know that you aren't allowed to pull a runner forward. I thought the rule must have changed when they didn't call it.

NavyBlue

Post by NavyBlue » October 2nd, 2019, 2:03 pm

Thank you!

Full

Post by Full » October 2nd, 2019, 2:04 pm

https://1280thezone.com/hans-scotty-g-o ... -over-csu/

They have some discussion of these here. Worth a listen.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » October 2nd, 2019, 2:56 pm

Loved the breakdown!! I want these for every game; they are super interesting. I didn't know you weren't allowed to pull runners, so after that play I was thinking we needed to try stuff like that. Glad to know it is not legitimate and that is likely why I had never seen it before.

hvaggie

Post by hvaggie » October 2nd, 2019, 3:03 pm

I've missed him putting these together. Nice to see them again. Love the explanations.

HomeTown

Post by HomeTown » October 2nd, 2019, 3:05 pm

On the game review with Scotty G, Hans says if you want more of this coverage then go an watch the breakdown videos from this game. I know I'll be watching them.

Murkymerk

Post by Murkymerk » October 2nd, 2019, 3:14 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 1:29 pm
Glad to know that you aren't allowed to pull a runner forward. I thought the rule must have changed when they didn't call it.
That’s what I thought too. My wife said to me after that play “I thought you couldn’t pull a guy forward on offense.” I said “I thought so too, but that rule must have changed, because so obvious that if it was illegal the refs definitely would have called it.”

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » October 2nd, 2019, 3:49 pm

Go watch and share and like on twitter please!

usubobcat

Post by usubobcat » October 2nd, 2019, 4:09 pm

Murkymerk wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 3:14 pm
Aggie_CEE wrote:
That’s what I thought too. My wife said to me after that play “I thought you couldn’t pull a guy forward on offense.” I said “I thought so too, but that rule must have changed, because so obvious that if it was illegal the refs definitely would have called it.”
On the 610 KVNU post-game show, they said that doing this was illegal in the past, but that the rule had changed and it is now legal.

Classic Blunders:
1) Getting involved in a land war in Asia
2) Going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » October 2nd, 2019, 4:16 pm

usubobcat wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 4:09 pm
Murkymerk wrote:
Aggie_CEE wrote:
On the 610 KVNU post-game show, they said that doing this was illegal in the past, but that the rule had changed and it is now legal.
Everything I can find says it still is the rule. Though I'm not having luck finding any rule changes.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » October 2nd, 2019, 4:17 pm

AgMan21 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 4:16 pm
usubobcat wrote:
Murkymerk wrote:
Aggie_CEE wrote:
Everything I can find says it still is the rule. Though I'm not having luck finding any rule changes.
Don't count on KVNU to have accurate info.... It is illegal to do what he did.

Rule: 9-3-2

Interfering for or Helping the Ball Carrier or Passer

ARTICLE 2. a. The ball carrier or passer may use his hand or arm to ward off or push opponents.

b. The ball carrier shall not grasp a teammate; and no other player of his team shall grasp, pull, or lift him to assist him in forward progress. (A.R. 9.3.2.I)

c. Teammates of the ball carrier or passer may interfere for him by blocking but shall not use interlocked interference by grasping or encircling one another in any manner while contacting an opponent.

PENALTY—Five yards
These users thanked the author ratofallaggies for the post (total 2):
NVAggieaggies22

usubobcat

Post by usubobcat » October 2nd, 2019, 4:31 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 4:17 pm
AgMan21 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 4:16 pm
usubobcat wrote:
Murkymerk wrote:
Aggie_CEE wrote:

ARTICLE 2. a. The ball carrier or passer may use his hand or arm to ward off or push opponents.

b. The ball carrier shall not grasp a teammate; and no other player of his team shall grasp, pull, or lift him to assist him in forward progress. (A.R. 9.3.2.I)

c. Teammates of the ball carrier or passer may interfere for him by blocking but shall not use interlocked interference by grasping or encircling one another in any manner while contacting an opponent.

PENALTY—Five yards
Duly noted. It's incredible that the officiating crew missed that call. It was blatantly obvious.

Classic Blunders:
1) Getting involved in a land war in Asia
2) Going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » October 2nd, 2019, 5:58 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

PENALTY—Five yard
s

Thank you Rato...much appreciated clarity
. The foul was blatant and fueled my suspicions that we were seeing a game officiated by green and/or inept officials. There were any number of questions I had about the late whistles and seemingly obvious rules infractions.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » October 2nd, 2019, 6:41 pm

I love how humble Scotty is about his job. Great praises and compliments for his attitude!
These users thanked the author AggieFBObsession for the post:
aggies22

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 2nd, 2019, 8:31 pm

Great football takes! Thanks for these!

Haney has a great game and I love Olsen’s take on his strip.

I would love to see more of Caleb Repp in the slot!!!!!

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 2nd, 2019, 8:44 pm

Sl7vk wrote:Great football takes! Thanks for these!

I’d love to see us use Repp on the outside to replace Tarver as a big target. He’s 6’5” and can move.

I think the staff needs to realize we have some great playmaker that aren’t getting the ball right now. Bright killed it last year and the staff had all but benched him - I think we all saw what he can do this last week and that was without trying to get him out in space where he is best. I don’t think they believe in Jordan Nathan or Terrell either. I’d like to see us move Repp out like we did on the 42 yard touchdown and put Terrell on the field a bit more.

Repp, Mariner, Nathan, and Terrell with Bright at running back would be a nightmare to defend. Mix in a little Scarver and Thompkins for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post (total 6):
TurtleAggie19BadElbowJSHarveyaggies22AggieFBObsession

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » October 3rd, 2019, 10:02 am

dyedblue wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 8:44 pm

I’d love to see us use Repp on the outside to replace Tarver as a big target. He’s 6’5” and can move.

I think the staff needs to realize we have some great playmaker that aren’t getting the ball right now. Bright killed it last year and the staff had all but benched him - I think we all saw what he can do this last week and that was without trying to get him out in space where he is best. I don’t think they believe in Jordan Nathan or Terrell either. I’d like to see us move Repp out like we did on the 42 yard touchdown and put Terrell on the field a bit more.

Repp, Mariner, Nathan, and Terrell with Bright at running back would be a nightmare to defend. Mix in a little Scarver and Thompkins for fun.

They believe in Jordan just fine, SDSU & CSU was in no way a measuring point. The ground game was used because JLove didn't have time in the pocket in either game.....LSU will be no measuring stick but I assure you Jordan N has their full trust....I personally spoke with Coach Phillips in San Diego, sometimes there are reasons beyond what you see for why they play the personnel they play, I stay quiet alot more now, but my Jordan is in a very good place & it will be seen in the next couple of weeks....
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 4):
TurtleAggieFBObsessionAggie19usufan1

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » October 3rd, 2019, 11:02 am

taniataylor wrote:
dyedblue wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 8:44 pm

They believe in Jordan just fine, SDSU & CSU was in no way a measuring point. The ground game was used because JLove didn't have time in the pocket in either game.....LSU will be no measuring stick but I assure you Jordan N has their full trust....I personally spoke with Coach Phillips in San Diego, sometimes there are reasons beyond what you see for why they play the personnel they play, I stay quiet alot more now, but my Jordan is in a very good place & it will be seen in the next couple of weeks....
Stop being more quiet. Not cool.

Locked Previous topicNext topic