LSU -25

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ProvoAggie
Site Admin

LSU -25

Post by ProvoAggie » September 29th, 2019, 12:41 pm

Over/Under is at 68
Vegas has the final score being around 46-21

AggieMan5

Re: LSU -25

Post by AggieMan5 » September 29th, 2019, 12:50 pm

I will be happy if we keep it within 3 TD's.

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » September 29th, 2019, 1:03 pm

12:00 pm est start

sneed

Post by sneed » September 29th, 2019, 1:17 pm

I would take the over. I think it will be more like 55-31. I will be happy if we keep them under 45. Hope our offense can keep up for a while.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » September 29th, 2019, 4:34 pm

Burrow is going to FEAST on our secondary, I'm afraid.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » September 30th, 2019, 10:06 pm

Moving sharply LSU’s way at +27.5 now.

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » October 1st, 2019, 9:16 am

As it should. I don’t see us scoring over 20 pts in this game. Won’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » October 1st, 2019, 9:28 am

Something is up with Love this season. His reads and delivery seem slower and often problematic. It may be a function of turnover on the O-Line and a new receiving corps, but my level of confidence that we can keep this respectable has plummeted after the CSU and SDSU games (ironically both wins, but underwhelming offensive performances). The 6-5 TD/INT rate this season is troubling, as his inability to regularly field slightly-errant snaps out of the shotgun.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » October 1st, 2019, 10:07 am

ChicAggie wrote:
October 1st, 2019, 9:28 am
Something is up with Love this season. His reads and delivery seem slower and often problematic. It may be a function of turnover on the O-Line and a new receiving corps, but my level of confidence that we can keep this respectable has plummeted after the CSU and SDSU games (ironically both wins, but underwhelming offensive performances). The 6-5 TD/INT rate this season is troubling, as his inability to regularly field slightly-errant snaps out of the shotgun.
We go lucky last year after the MSU game, we were loaded up with soft cup-cakes and Love feasted on them. it was past mid-season before we were really ever tested (sans the AFA game).

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » October 2nd, 2019, 8:34 am

I hope we keep it close. I noticed that Utah and BYU are both on bye weeks, so we may get extra eyes on the game from college football fans in Utah.
These users thanked the author travelingagg for the post:
thegreendalegelf

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » October 2nd, 2019, 8:44 am

ChicAggie wrote:Something is up with Love this season. His reads and delivery seem slower and often problematic. It may be a function of turnover on the O-Line and a new receiving corps, but my level of confidence that we can keep this respectable has plummeted after the CSU and SDSU games (ironically both wins, but underwhelming offensive performances). The 6-5 TD/INT rate this season is troubling, as his inability to regularly field slightly-errant snaps out of the shotgun.
Love it's actually getting challenged this year. This is year that he will elevate his game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » October 2nd, 2019, 8:54 am

ChicAggie wrote:
Of Love's 5 interceptions, three of them are out routes to Siaosi Mariner that were directly attributable to Mariner not making the proper cut and not coming back to the ball. We should also add an "out-and-up" option to that route so CBs have to respect the spacing.

Love was also pulled about halfway through Stony Brook, and could have very easily padded his stats with an additional two or three TDs. He's also had WRs drop some touchdown passes (Hello, Savon!). He played with damn near perfect pocket presence against SDSU (a very good defensive team), and has only been sacked twice this year. I think we will see a regression to the mean with Jordan over the next three to four games, meaning his stats will jump back up somewhat.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post (total 2):
USU78ChicAggie

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 2nd, 2019, 9:09 am

Love also threw the ball late on at least one of those outs.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
FloridaAggie13

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » October 2nd, 2019, 12:18 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 8:54 am
ChicAggie wrote:
Of Love's 5 interceptions, three of them are out routes to Siaosi Mariner that were directly attributable to Mariner not making the proper cut and not coming back to the ball. We should also add an "out-and-up" option to that route so CBs have to respect the spacing.

Love was also pulled about halfway through Stony Brook, and could have very easily padded his stats with an additional two or three TDs. He's also had WRs drop some touchdown passes (Hello, Savon!). He played with damn near perfect pocket presence against SDSU (a very good defensive team), and has only been sacked twice this year. I think we will see a regression to the mean with Jordan over the next three to four games, meaning his stats will jump back up somewhat.
I hope you're right, YBA.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 2nd, 2019, 12:57 pm

NVAggie wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 9:09 am
Love also threw the ball late on at least one of those outs.
He threw the ball very late and behind Mariner on the pick six, and threw behind on the 2nd half int. His pick in the end zone at Wake was also late.

I think Mariner deserves some blame for rounding his route on the pick six, but Love is almost fully at fault on all three and I think he would admit so himself. It's not an indictment of him or his game, all qb's throw picks, and pick sixes.

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » October 2nd, 2019, 1:05 pm

As I recall, Sagarin has USU as about a 2-touchdown dog, and he gives us a 13% chance of winning outright(!). And historically teams coached by GA have played competitively against heavily favored P5 teams on the road. I’m not going to predict a win, but if we play this game to win, I think we cover a 28-point spread. Having said that, I could see GA pulling Love and other key players if the game gets out of hand, in which case we could easily lose by 28+. But if I were forced to bet, I would bet that we cover.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » October 2nd, 2019, 1:40 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:18 pm
YoungBloodAggie wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 8:54 am
ChicAggie wrote:

I hope you're right, YBA.
I agree with YBA. Of course with a new o-line and receivers there is going to be some hiccups and the snap situation has caused as many problems as anything the last 2 weeks. However, I don't see any hesitation or loss of confidence from Love. Rather I think it has to do with presnap reads where he thought his receiver would be in position to block the defender.. His endzone pick against Wake was his receiver getting beat to position and maybe Love getting a bit cocky. The 3 out routes really are just timing and route issues with Mariner that will be corrected. Maybe Mariner are tipping the route off a bit too.

Love has been very good other than those mistakes. Have you ever played a game in those kind of conditions with a wet ball? He had a couple slip and a few drops which are to be expected but he also made the crucial throws that won the game and they were throws very few QBs can make.

Locked Previous topicNext topic