Food trucks on game day

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Food trucks on game day

Post by slcagg » September 25th, 2019, 8:25 pm

Aggie_CEE

Re: Food trucks on game day

Post by Aggie_CEE » September 25th, 2019, 9:29 pm

Is this just for pregame? I thought once you were into the stadium you couldn't leave and come back in.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » September 25th, 2019, 9:50 pm

They park the trucks between the ticket office and the gates and move the fences to surround the trucks. You never have to leave the stadium.

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 25th, 2019, 10:38 pm

So the food trucks will be outside the gates?

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » September 26th, 2019, 5:39 am

Aggie_CEE wrote:
September 25th, 2019, 9:29 pm
Is this just for pregame? I thought once you were into the stadium you couldn't leave and come back in.
You can leave once your in the stadium, you just need to have your hand stamped to re-enter.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » September 26th, 2019, 6:01 am

If you leave the stadium to get food from the food truck can you bring it back in if it's inside one of their $20 clear bags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Machismo

Post by Machismo » September 26th, 2019, 6:34 am

dyedblue wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 6:01 am
If you leave the stadium to get food from the food truck can you bring it back in if it's inside one of their $20 clear bags?

I was told that the Food Trucks will be offering clear one gallon Ziploc bags for an additional 50 cents to come back in with the food that was just purchased.
These users thanked the author Machismo for the post:
NVAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 26th, 2019, 9:19 am

Can't come back in!!! How do I drink beer at halftime? :lol: :cheers:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

BeNo

Post by BeNo » September 26th, 2019, 9:36 am

College of Ag BBQ for me this week.
These users thanked the author BeNo for the post (total 3):
NVAggieViAggieIdaAg93

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 26th, 2019, 10:37 am

So are they making the lucky slice food truck move outside now?

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » September 26th, 2019, 10:55 am

I'm not a facilities guy, so I'm just guessing based on past experience, but...

If you look in the photo KC posted, the fences between the concessions stand and ticket office have been removed. The food trucks will park between the two buildings while a temporary fence will be erected around the trucks and between them and the plaza, creating a pocket of trucks within the fenced stadium area. You can enter the stadium and access the trucks from inside.

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » September 26th, 2019, 11:21 am

They've needed to do this for awhile. Hopefully this brings in more trucks, along with more space in between them.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 26th, 2019, 11:24 am

So I have to walk farther away, to a space formerly outside the fence, to get a slice of pizza I used to be able to buy much closer? What's next, they move the food trucks to the west parking lot and they make me walk down the stairs?

Was the conversation like this?
USU Concessions: People are buying food from these food trucks more than our concessions, we gotta do something about that.
USU Facilities: How about me move the food trucks outside? That way our concessions are more convenient than the trucks.
USU Concessions: Uh, maybe people will be mad.
USU Facilities: We'll put up a new fence and advertise it as a special food truck service area. It will be viewed as an improvement.
USU Concessions: Okay, but if it doesn't work, move the trucks to the West and East parking lots so everyone has to hike a bunch of stairs to buy from them.
USU Facilities: Will do.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
ViAggie

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » September 26th, 2019, 11:32 am

brownjeans wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 11:24 am
So I have to walk farther away, to a space formerly outside the fence, to get a slice of pizza I used to be able to buy much closer? What's next, they move the food trucks to the west parking lot and they make me walk down the stairs?

USU Concessions: People are buying food from these food trucks more than our concessions, we gotta do something about that.
USU Facilities: How about me move the food trucks outside? That way our concessions are more convenient than the trucks.
USU Facilities: We'll put up a new fence and advertise it as a special food truck service area. It will be viewed as an improvement.
USU Concessions: Okay, but if it doesn't work, move the trucks to the West and East parking lots so everyone has to hike a bunch of stairs to buy from them.
USU Fans: You know, we have a lot of weather games and it sucks getting food from an over crowded mud slop. Then again, my favorite truck can't get there in the weather so it's not even an option.
USU Facilities: We can fix that. Let's just move the fence.
USU Fans: That's a fantastic idea! Since there's more space out there anyway, can we get in a few more options while we're at it?
[currently waiting for a response]

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 26th, 2019, 11:34 am

aceofspadeskb wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 11:32 am
brownjeans wrote:

USU Fans: You know, we have a lot of weather games and it sucks getting food from an over crowded mud slop. Then again, my favorite truck can't get there in the weather so it's not even an option.
USU Facilities: We can fix that. Let's just move the fence.
USU Fans: That's a fantastic idea! Since there's more space out there anyway, can we get in a few more options while we're at it?
[currently waiting for a response]
When they did the Press Box construction, I couldn't understand why they put in that patch of grass. They need to fill that with pavers or concrete or something.

AggieFella

Post by AggieFella » September 26th, 2019, 11:37 am

brownjeans wrote:

Are you ever ok?
Last edited by AggieFella on September 26th, 2019, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » September 26th, 2019, 11:37 am

brownjeans wrote:

If you're not willing to walk an extra 100 feet to get your World's Best Corn Dog, I don't know how to help you. Maybe since the ticket office is too far away, we can ask them to park the truck in the tunnel under Section 204?

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 26th, 2019, 11:53 am

BearLakeMonster wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 11:37 am
brownjeans wrote:

If you're not willing to walk an extra 100 feet to get your World's Best Corn Dog, I don't know how to help you. Maybe since the ticket office is too far away, we can ask them to park the truck in the tunnel under Section 204?
You can do better. I sit in section 202 ;).

I'm just a bit suspicious of the motivation.

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » September 26th, 2019, 4:22 pm

BearLakeMonster wrote:
brownjeans wrote:

I’d walk damn near 100 miles for a Worlds Best Corndog. Love that truck.

CanofShiz

Post by CanofShiz » September 26th, 2019, 5:46 pm

Hopefully a beer garden is next.
These users thanked the author CanofShiz for the post (total 2):
ViAggieoleblu111

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 26th, 2019, 6:24 pm

CanofShiz wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 5:46 pm
:cheers:

Why not? Just rope off a section some where? If there's a law that say's the'cohol can't be served on a Public Campus, why not the street? Park City allows beer and wine to be sold on their public streets (and parks), I know there's no state law that prohibits it.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 26th, 2019, 9:43 pm

AggieFella wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 11:37 am
brownjeans wrote:

Are you ever ok?
I'm ok most the time but my bar for ok is pretty low.

IdaAg93

Post by IdaAg93 » September 26th, 2019, 10:14 pm

Who gets tired of the complaining (rhetorical). Two weeks ago, the complaint was not having enough food or the lines, due to the limiting of food you can bring into the stadium. So USU brings in food trucks and here we are gripping about those. Folks, it's okay. Get there early, eat before the game, sneak the food in you want, try intermittent fasting or deal with what they have for us. It's a great experience to be a part of these games.
These users thanked the author IdaAg93 for the post (total 3):
TrueBlueAggie123918AGGoleblu111

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 26th, 2019, 10:34 pm

IdaAg93 wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 10:14 pm
Who gets tired of the complaining (rhetorical). Two weeks ago, the complaint was not having enough food or the lines, due to the limiting of food you can bring into the stadium. So USU brings in food trucks and here we are gripping about those. Folks, it's okay. Get there early, eat before the game, sneak the food in you want, try intermittent fasting or deal with what they have for us. It's a great experience to be a part of these games.
Will there be more food trucks? I only see that they are moving the food trucks to a special area.

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » September 27th, 2019, 10:41 am

IdaAg93 wrote:
I'm still pretty pissed that Domino's won't deliver directly to my bathtub.

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 27th, 2019, 12:40 pm

918AGG wrote:
September 27th, 2019, 10:41 am
IdaAg93 wrote:
I'm still pretty pissed that Domino's won't deliver directly to my bathtub.
Really? You must have missed of the delivery guy.

dhilk3785

Post by dhilk3785 » September 27th, 2019, 12:50 pm

ViAggie wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 6:24 pm
CanofShiz wrote:

Why not? Just rope off a section some where? If there's a law that say's the'cohol can't be served on a Public Campus, why not the street? Park City allows beer and wine to be sold on their public streets (and parks), I know there's no state law that prohibits it.
I've always been confused as to why fans can't walk the blocked off party area of 800 East on game day with a drink in hand, but can roam the parking lot freely. Why not just open up the street as well? I am sure you'd have more of the folks from the tailgate section wander over there if they could bring their drink,

"I'd rather be wrong and cringe than right and regret not speaking up." - Jon Lovett

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 27th, 2019, 4:03 pm

dhilk3785 wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
September 26th, 2019, 6:24 pm
CanofShiz wrote:

I've always been confused as to why fans can't walk the blocked off party area of 800 East on game day with a drink in hand, but can roam the parking lot freely. Why not just open up the street as well? I am sure you'd have more of the folks from the tailgate section wander over there if they could bring their drink,
City owns the street, University owns the parking lot.

Hail Aggies!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » September 28th, 2019, 6:52 pm

New food truck space is for MORE food trucks. And the ones I'm used to haven't moved. I'm sorry.

But they still need to replace the grass with pavers or concrete. Harrumph!

sig1883
Has thanked: 0

Post by sig1883 » September 28th, 2019, 6:55 pm

Anyone have a stream for game?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 28th, 2019, 6:59 pm

sig1883 wrote:
September 28th, 2019, 6:55 pm
Anyone have a stream for game?