Future OOC Schedules

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
NavyBlue

Future OOC Schedules

Post by NavyBlue » September 24th, 2019, 12:39 pm

The Utah-Florida thread got me to thinking about who we might have scheduled for the future, so I went out to FBS schedules.com. It doesn't seem we have that much announced beyond the next few years, other teams have things pretty far out into the future. It was interesting to me that in 2023 BYU has 11 games scheduled and we aren't one of them. BYU also just announced another long series of games with their new "rival" Boise State. Any word or rumors of who we might be playing OOC? Is the BYU series going to die after this contract?

thegreendalegelf

Re: Future OOC Schedules

Post by thegreendalegelf » September 24th, 2019, 12:56 pm

I hope the BYU series doesn't die yet. I want to take the lead in the series first. Then we can let it die.
These users thanked the author thegreendalegelf for the post:
JSHarvey

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » September 24th, 2019, 1:04 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing us schedule some P5 OOC games with teams like University of Colorado, Texas Tech, Washington State, Oregon State, Kansas, etc.

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

JSHarvey

Post by JSHarvey » September 24th, 2019, 1:06 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 12:56 pm
I hope the BYU series doesn't die yet. I want to take the lead in the series first. Then we can let it die.
Good sentiment (I agree), but it will take quite a while. If we assume we can win 80% of the games we play against BYU it would take 19 years to seize the lead in the series. If we assume a perfect record it would take 12 years.

"The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it." Lawrence Krauss

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, that's why so few people do it!" Henry Ford

thegreendalegelf

Post by thegreendalegelf » September 24th, 2019, 1:15 pm

Here are some of the teams we haven't really played that I think we would do well to try and pick up games. P5 or G5 games that are winnable and respectable.

Played a bit
Colorado (18 games)
Memphis (7 games)
Kansas State (5 games)
Utah (112 games)
ASU (13 games)

Played a few games before in semi distant past:
Houston (1 game in 1981)
Kansas (1 game in 1986)
UCF ( 2001)
USF (2001)
Illinois (1989)
Iowa (1957, 2002)
Kentucky (1970,80,87)
Oregon State (1904, 97,98)
Army (1969)
Cincinnati (1997)

Never Played:
West Virginia
SMU
Navy
Tulsa
Maryland
Indiana
Purdue
Rutgers
Cal
Vanderbilt
South Carolina

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » September 24th, 2019, 2:36 pm

NavyBlue wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 12:39 pm
The Utah-Florida thread got me to thinking about who we might have scheduled for the future, so I went out to FBS schedules.com. It doesn't seem we have that much announced beyond the next few years, other teams have things pretty far out into the future. It was interesting to me that in 2023 BYU has 11 games scheduled and we aren't one of them. BYU also just announced another long series of games with their new "rival" Boise State. Any word or rumors of who we might be playing OOC? Is the BYU series going to die after this contract?
I know you guys get sick of the admins saying this but for those that might not know, one can always go directly to the schedule link right here at our very own site and see all known games scheduled for the future. Choose football only and then select any future season you would like to see from the pull down. There are currently games listed out to 2024.

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » September 24th, 2019, 2:43 pm

Coach Anderson said in one of his interviews before the season started that he wants to stay closer to home when playing OOC schedules in the future. I remember him almost sounding annoyed that we had to go to Wake and LSU in the same year. He said something along the lines of, we don't need to play in so many big-money games anymore and we are past that point as a program now. I can't remember what interview it was but it felt like he wants to play more games against PAC 12. I don't think he specifically said PAC 12, but I came away thinking that was what he meant.

NavyBlue

Post by NavyBlue » September 24th, 2019, 2:46 pm

Aglicious wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 2:36 pm
NavyBlue wrote:
I know you guys get sick of the admins saying this but for those that might not know, one can always go directly to the schedule link right here at our very own site and see all known games scheduled for the future. Choose football only and then select any future season you would like to see from the pull down. There are currently games listed out to 2024.
I am aware that future schedules are posted in the schedule area of this board. I look at it fairly regularly.

88USUAggie

Post by 88USUAggie » September 24th, 2019, 3:04 pm

I want to know how the Lobos get a game with the Golden Domers.

Being from Chicago, and having friends who are ND alums, I would love to see a game in South Bend.

NowhereLandAggie

Post by NowhereLandAggie » September 24th, 2019, 3:12 pm

88USUAggie wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 3:04 pm
I want to know how the Lobos get a game with the Golden Domers.

Being from Chicago, and having friends who are ND alums, I would love to see a game in South Bend.
Same way we get them with Alabama, LSU, USC etc. No return game. Nevada played there a few years ago as well.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » September 24th, 2019, 3:32 pm

I like the home and home coming up with Washington State. Playing at Washington, Alabama and Iowa in the coming years. Maybe Saban will retire and leave a dumpster fire before 2022. One can hope!

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » September 24th, 2019, 3:48 pm

NavyBlue wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 2:46 pm
Aglicious wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 2:36 pm
NavyBlue wrote:
I am aware that future schedules are posted in the schedule area of this board. I look at it fairly regularly.
YES!!

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 24th, 2019, 4:24 pm

By time the zoo's contract with Bozo ends, the y will have renamed itself Utah State University at Provo, or USUOP :joking:

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

dhilk3785

Post by dhilk3785 » September 24th, 2019, 4:53 pm

I love our Home-Home with Washington State and would like to see more like that with mid-tier P5 schools from the Big12 or Pac12, or against top tier G5 schools like byu just announced with UCF. Would like to keep byu on the schedule as well.

P5 Home-Home games I think we could realistically schedule
PAC12 - Washington State (obviously), Arizona, California, Oregon State, Colorado (though after 10 years at Mile High, 2020 is their last scheduled game vs CSU and it will be in Ft Collins)
Big 12 - Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech; Iowa State, MAYBE TCU or Baylor
ACC - Duke, Syracuse, Wake Forest (should have been)
Big 10 - Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, Northwestern, Rutgers
SEC - Vanderbilt, Miss St, Kentucky

G5 Home-Home games I think we should try schedule
AAC - UCF, USF, Houston, Cincinnati, SMU
CUSA - UTEP, North Texas, Rice
MAC - Meh.... Maybe Northern Illinois, one of the DIrectional Michigans, or Toledo - Just for the recruiting bases
SunBelt - Also meh... maybe App State for how good they have been

"I'd rather be wrong and cringe than right and regret not speaking up." - Jon Lovett

Full

Post by Full » September 24th, 2019, 9:27 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:I hope the BYU series doesn't die yet. I want to take the lead in the series first. Then we can let it die.
I think 2023 might be the year we skip that game to get BYU and Boise State on alternating years instead of having both teams play in Logan the same year. That would be a strange year for BYU-P. No Utah or Utah State.
These users thanked the author Full for the post (total 2):
thegreendalegelfNavyBlue

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » September 24th, 2019, 10:20 pm

I really want to keep BYU on the schedule for every year ... unless we can alternate them and Utah, which won’t happen anytime soon. It would be good to work it out so them and Boise are out of phase of each other though. It’s nice to have at least one of them at home each year.
Building up a competitive rivalry with Boise and BYU is one of the most important things we can do. Both of those programs have a national audience and being considered equals with them is good for us.
For OOC games I’d prefer to have:
1) one high visibility P5 money game on the road
1) BYU home and home
1) FCS team at home (preferably regional)
1) Respectable G5 (or lower/mid P5) home and home

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » September 24th, 2019, 10:23 pm

I hate BYU, but as long as we are getting home and homes that aren't in late November I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Locked Previous topicNext topic