CSU Sellout?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
tinplater
Posts: 641
Joined: September 1st, 2013, 8:07 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 51 times

CSU Sellout?

Post by tinplater » September 17th, 2019, 3:03 pm

Exploring buying tickets for CSU Homecoming game and was surprised to see that there are virtually no tickets left other than just a few scattered seats here and there on the west side. That is great to see a full stadium is likely. I'm used to getting scalped tickets here in AZ for Cardinal and ASU games...does that happen in Logan?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9066
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4035 times
Been thanked: 2241 times
Contact:

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by aggies22 » September 17th, 2019, 3:13 pm

Sellouts? No sellouts don't happen here in Logan. At least sellouts of the Aggie football game variety.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
oleblu111



Full
Posts: 1773
Joined: April 27th, 2011, 11:07 am
Location: Davis County
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by Full » September 17th, 2019, 3:27 pm

I don’t remember ever seeing a scalper close to the stadium.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9066
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4035 times
Been thanked: 2241 times
Contact:

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by aggies22 » September 17th, 2019, 3:29 pm

Full wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 3:27 pm
I don’t remember ever seeing a scalper close to the stadium.
Technically speaking a scalper is anyone selling tickets that aren't employed by the ticket office.



User avatar
jeffdan25
Posts: 69
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 8:37 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by jeffdan25 » September 17th, 2019, 3:47 pm

There is still tickets available on stub hub in various sections of the stadium.



User avatar
BearLakeMonster
Posts: 1831
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:45 am
Location: The Caribbean of the Rockies
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by BearLakeMonster » September 17th, 2019, 4:19 pm

Full wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 3:27 pm
I don’t remember ever seeing a scalper close to the stadium.
I see them on the sidewalk in front of the south endzone almost every game.
These users thanked the author BearLakeMonster for the post:
oleblu111


"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1654
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by Jjoey53 » September 17th, 2019, 5:59 pm

jeffdan25 wrote:There is still tickets available on stub hub in various sections of the stadium.
There is your scalper.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



trombone_ninja
Posts: 1189
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 1:59 pm
Location: Greeley, CO
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by trombone_ninja » September 17th, 2019, 6:51 pm

jeffdan25 wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 3:47 pm
There is still tickets available on stub hub in various sections of the stadium.
Did we learn nothing about grammar in the pet peeve thread?
These users thanked the author trombone_ninja for the post (total 2):
lionheadChicAggie


USUFans’ resident band nerd
Providing useless “insider” info since 2013
Go Aggies!!!

User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1654
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by Jjoey53 » September 17th, 2019, 7:25 pm

Well, at least people learned the difference between lose and loose,


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Jjoey53 for the post:
lionhead



User avatar
NAggsty Butler
Posts: 1869
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:39 pm
Location: Bremerton, WA
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by NAggsty Butler » September 17th, 2019, 8:02 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 7:25 pm
Well, at least people learned the difference between lose and loose,


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Now if only people could figure out how to use "couldn't care less" properly
These users thanked the author NAggsty Butler for the post (total 2):
lionheadflying_scotsman2.0


"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg
Image

User avatar
AndroidAggie
Posts: 4115
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:47 am
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 120 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by AndroidAggie » September 17th, 2019, 8:28 pm

anyone here have a spare ticket they can sell me? please pm.



bluegrouse
Posts: 3186
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by bluegrouse » September 18th, 2019, 10:18 am

NAggsty Butler wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 8:02 pm
Jjoey53 wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 7:25 pm
Well, at least people learned the difference between lose and loose,


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Now if only people could figure out how to use "couldn't care less" properly
Honestly, I could care less about that....



User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8094
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by BigBlueDart » September 18th, 2019, 12:50 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
September 18th, 2019, 10:18 am
NAggsty Butler wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 8:02 pm
Jjoey53 wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 7:25 pm
Well, at least people learned the difference between lose and loose,


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Now if only people could figure out how to use "couldn't care less" properly
Honestly, I could care less about that....
Image
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post:
NAggsty Butler



User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7160
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by GeoAg » September 19th, 2019, 1:46 am

tinplater wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 3:03 pm
Exploring buying tickets for CSU Homecoming game and was surprised to see that there are virtually no tickets left other than just a few scattered seats here and there on the west side. That is great to see a full stadium is likely. I'm used to getting scalped tickets here in AZ for Cardinal and ASU games...does that happen in Logan?
Not sure what you are seeing here. Tons of tickets still available, especially on the east.


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

aggiesdotcom
Posts: 1766
Joined: January 21st, 2011, 8:56 am
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by aggiesdotcom » September 19th, 2019, 6:37 am

bluegrouse wrote:
September 18th, 2019, 10:18 am
NAggsty Butler wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 8:02 pm
Jjoey53 wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 7:25 pm
Well, at least people learned the difference between lose and loose,


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Now if only people could figure out how to use "couldn't care less" properly
Honestly, I could care less about that....
I really couldn't care less that you could care less about that...



Dantailgater
Posts: 4
Joined: September 19th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by Dantailgater » September 20th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Anyone have a good tailgate for the CSU game we could attend? 2 of us are flying in from Cali.

Thanks!



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by TheAKAggie » September 20th, 2019, 5:45 pm

Dantailgater wrote:Anyone have a good tailgate for the CSU game we could attend? 2 of us are flying in from Cali.

Thanks!
You a cop?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

bluegrouse
Posts: 3186
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 173 times
Been thanked: 477 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by bluegrouse » September 20th, 2019, 7:55 pm

aggiesdotcom wrote:
September 19th, 2019, 6:37 am
bluegrouse wrote:
September 18th, 2019, 10:18 am
NAggsty Butler wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 8:02 pm
Jjoey53 wrote:
September 17th, 2019, 7:25 pm
Well, at least people learned the difference between lose and loose,


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Now if only people could figure out how to use "couldn't care less" properly
Honestly, I could care less about that....
I really couldn't care less that you could care less about that...
:)



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7063
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1141 times
Been thanked: 338 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by USU78 » September 20th, 2019, 7:57 pm

So ... 25K+?


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 719
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 236 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by Sl7vk » September 21st, 2019, 10:05 am

We should have a full Mav next weekend. There are no excuses.



User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7160
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by GeoAg » September 21st, 2019, 10:06 am

Sl7vk wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 10:05 am
We should have a full Mav next weekend. There are no excuses.
But we won't


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

JFWAggie
Posts: 275
Joined: August 4th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by JFWAggie » September 21st, 2019, 10:58 am

GeoAg wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 10:06 am
Sl7vk wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 10:05 am
We should have a full Mav next weekend. There are no excuses.
But we won't
Aggie fans are cheap, too cheap, it sucks because it’s puts a much lower ceiling on the potential of our program



User avatar
Sl7vk
Posts: 719
Joined: November 18th, 2018, 9:07 pm
Location: Holladay Utah
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 236 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by Sl7vk » September 21st, 2019, 11:03 am

Utah is changing.
USU needs to do a better job of tapping the Wasatch front for successful graduates.



AggieUprising50
Posts: 635
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by AggieUprising50 » September 21st, 2019, 11:05 am

I’m bringing a group of 8 from Salt Lake. Anything helps right?
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post (total 4):
oleblu111Roy McAvoyflying_scotsman2.0aggies22



oleblu111
Posts: 1499
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 565 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by oleblu111 » September 21st, 2019, 11:26 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 11:05 am
I’m bringing a group of 8 from Salt Lake. Anything helps right?
What you are doing is the thing that can change USU into what could be something special. People will react, and attend games when a friend encourage's them instead of a effort by the athletic dept.

People need to have a fun experience at the stadium with tailgating, meeting up with folks they went to school with, outings with friends etc. is what is missing at USU, lets hope we can change that in the future. I do know that several boosters will help fund a stadium expansion if or when it is needed.
These users thanked the author oleblu111 for the post:
AggieUprising50



User avatar
Al-O-Meter
Posts: 46
Joined: September 16th, 2019, 1:04 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by Al-O-Meter » September 21st, 2019, 12:32 pm

JFWAggie wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 10:58 am
Aggie fans are cheap, too cheap, it sucks because it’s puts a much lower ceiling on the potential of our program
It could be worse. Utah State could get an administration who hates sports and passes regulations to kill your fanbase. Let me tell you a story….

A couple years ago there was a twitter video that went viral contrasting the Stanford tailgate and the SDSU tailgate. It got picked up by ESPN and several media outlets. Here it is if you haven’t seen it:


The SDSU students take over a huge chunk of the parking lot and it looks like a festival. Here is a better look at the same tailgate:


The Administration at SDSU thought it quite embarrassing to be seen in such a way so they passed restrictions to stop it. Now if you are a student who is part of a tailgate larger than 25 people you have to register with SDSU at least 3 days before the game, receive approval from the Administration, and carry the tailgating permit to show the security the Administration hired to patrol the area. This is not a joke. SDSU did this.

http://thedailyaztec.com/95528/news/stu ... gulations/

The effect of the new student tailgating regulations dropped the number of student attending the game from 9,500 to 3,500. With a snap of fingers the SDSU Administration reduced the number of fans watching the by 6,000 people.

There are worse problems to have than cheap fans.
These users thanked the author Al-O-Meter for the post (total 2):
FloridaAggie13Roy McAvoy



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7063
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1141 times
Been thanked: 338 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by USU78 » September 21st, 2019, 12:41 pm

Sl7vk wrote:
September 21st, 2019, 11:03 am
Utah is changing.
USU needs to do a better job of tapping the Wasatch front for successful graduates.
The Davis County schools are USU's biggest feeders. Retention is the issue, imnsho.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Full
Posts: 1773
Joined: April 27th, 2011, 11:07 am
Location: Davis County
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by Full » September 22nd, 2019, 12:21 am

Dantailgater wrote:Anyone have a good tailgate for the CSU game we could attend? 2 of us are flying in from Cali.

Thanks!
This week is the Ag BBQ. It’s close to the stadium and has plenty to sample while raising funds for the Ag College.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1700
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 456 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by Aggie84025 » September 24th, 2019, 9:18 am

Looking at the website in the south end zone and the west side there are only ~120 tickets left. On the east side there looks to be approximately ~1500 tickets left. Overall not bad at all. The weather is not looking great (for football) for Saturday evening. Looks like rain showers, but doesn't look like it is going to be a downpour the whole game. I ordered me sore ponchos for my wife/kids and am ready to go. Get your friends/family, get to the game and make it a great atmosphere.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 946
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 467 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » September 24th, 2019, 10:00 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 9:18 am
Looking at the website in the south end zone and the west side there are only ~120 tickets left. On the east side there looks to be approximately ~1500 tickets left. Overall not bad at all. The weather is not looking great (for football) for Saturday evening. Looks like rain showers, but doesn't look like it is going to be a downpour the whole game. I ordered me sore ponchos for my wife/kids and am ready to go. Get your friends/family, get to the game and make it a great atmosphere.
Usually don't we count on a couple thousand walk-ups? Should be pretty close...



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 7063
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 1141 times
Been thanked: 338 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by USU78 » September 24th, 2019, 10:53 am

Supposed to be rainy Saturday night.


You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Dantailgater
Posts: 4
Joined: September 19th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by Dantailgater » September 24th, 2019, 1:37 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
September 20th, 2019, 5:45 pm
Dantailgater wrote:Anyone have a good tailgate for the CSU game we could attend? 2 of us are flying in from Cali.

Thanks!
You a cop?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind if answer is that?



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 635
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 421 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by thegreendalegelf » September 24th, 2019, 1:39 pm

Dantailgater wrote:
September 24th, 2019, 1:37 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
September 20th, 2019, 5:45 pm
Dantailgater wrote:Anyone have a good tailgate for the CSU game we could attend? 2 of us are flying in from Cali.

Thanks!
You a cop?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind if answer is that?
That is what a cop would say.
These users thanked the author thegreendalegelf for the post:
TheAKAggie



blueaggie
Posts: 922
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by blueaggie » September 24th, 2019, 1:46 pm

There are cheap tickets available on KSL.



Dantailgater
Posts: 4
Joined: September 19th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: CSU Sellout?

Post by Dantailgater » September 24th, 2019, 2:22 pm

Why would a cop be looking for a tailgate? Not getting the reference. I am coming in from out of town to catch the game. I like to tailgate before games. I seek a tailgate. Can I state it any more plainly? Why would you care if I am a cop or not anyway? I am asking a simple question.
These users thanked the author Dantailgater for the post:
TheAKAggie



Locked Previous topicNext topic