BYU looking good

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5026
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 209 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by Aglicious » September 14th, 2019, 10:47 pm

It doesn't happen for the Aggies that way. We schedule a historical middle to lower tier P5 team and end up facing them 2 out 3 times in some of their best years.

Then again, we also don't win games with hail Mary's year after year....but does anyone do it at the rate of BYU? Over the course of my life I swear I have never seen a team win more games on last minute fluke plays, or miracle answered prayer type plays. #livingrightoffthefield
These users liked this post from Aglicious. Total Likes: 2
aggies22NVAggie



User avatar
AndroidAggie
Posts: 4033
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:47 am
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 76 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by AndroidAggie » September 15th, 2019, 8:08 am

dyedblue wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 8:39 pm
I'd give my left one for a win over Tennessee or USC. Enough with the they were up or down crap. We can't even beat a mediocre P5. Ever. Until we win some, I'm gonna shut up about that team down south.
Yep.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 1885
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 43 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 15th, 2019, 8:49 am

AggieUprising50 wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 10:18 pm
dyedblue wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 10:16 pm
Almost beating Wake, MSU, Auburn, Wisconsin is about the same as beating Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, USC, Mississippi State, Wisconsin, and whoever else they have beat. That's okay, we'll keep mocking them and they'll keep beating big name teams.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big names teams when their having down years.
byu also had a down year last year yet they still won at Arizona and at Wisconsin. Wisconsin wasn't that bad last year. A solid 8-5 big ten team. They have had some good wins that we would celebrate.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 1885
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 43 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 15th, 2019, 8:51 am

Aglicious wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 10:47 pm
It doesn't happen for the Aggies that way. We schedule a historical middle to lower tier P5 team and end up facing them 2 out 3 times in some of their best years.

Then again, we also don't win games with hail Mary's year after year....but does anyone do it at the rate of BYU? Over the course of my life I swear I have never seen a team win more games on last minute fluke plays, or miracle answered prayer type plays. #livingrightoffthefield
They beat a couple of P5 teams every year. Don't really think it is a fluke at that point.



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 1734
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 15th, 2019, 9:07 am

Gotta hand it to the Coogs...they beat big name teams on a semi regular basis. That isn't an accident or a misfire... they must be respected. I would expect we beat them this year,,,,hail Mary or not,,,but watch out for the hail Mary.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 4819
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 275 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by Roy McAvoy » September 15th, 2019, 9:26 am

I think BYU is a lot better team than they were last year and this is very different than the Wisconsin game. They have a different QB who seems to just have only a decent arm but is a flat out play maker, they have more speed on the field, and a lot of inexperienced players that are playing now and look good, and a DT in Tonga who was wreaking havoc the past few games.

I think the odds are pretty good BYU is 5-2 coming into Logan and coming off a bye week (since they always schedule bye weeks before their game against us). That may end up our 2nd toughest game on schedule this year.



User avatar
treesap32
Moderator
Posts: 14535
Joined: July 28th, 2005, 1:00 am
Location: Washington D.C.
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 232 times
Contact:

Re: BYU looking good

Post by treesap32 » September 16th, 2019, 8:55 am

That Tonga kid is a complete freak. He's like Andre the Giant out there.



NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 1734
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by NavyBlueAggie » September 16th, 2019, 9:10 am

Always a challenge to play them...this will be a huge game for Utah State. Their Q B, while young, impressed me with his ability to see the field and make plays. Certainly a threat as a play maker.



AGGZILLA
Posts: 3083
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 5:53 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by AGGZILLA » September 16th, 2019, 4:01 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 10:18 pm
dyedblue wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 10:16 pm
Almost beating Wake, MSU, Auburn, Wisconsin is about the same as beating Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, USC, Mississippi State, Wisconsin, and whoever else they have beat. That's okay, we'll keep mocking them and they'll keep beating big name teams.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big names teams when their having down years.
When you play 6-7 p5 teams per season, 1-2 are bound to be in for a ‘down’ season. However, in our case, SC and Mich St we’re about as ‘down’ as they could have been when we faced them and we still couldn’t get the job done.

I actually did think BYU would end up going 2-2 in this initial stretch of games but how they fare this weekend against uDub will be a greater gauge of “how good are they, really?”


"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

AGGZILLA
Posts: 3083
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 5:53 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by AGGZILLA » September 16th, 2019, 4:31 pm

NavyBlueAggie wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 9:10 am
Always a challenge to play them...this will be a huge game for Utah State. Their Q B, while young, impressed me with his ability to see the field and make plays. Certainly a threat as a play maker.
Kid’s a gamer. He looked ten times the qb than Mangum in that one series against us. I’ll just say we were fortunate that Sitake didn’t have the awareness to hand the reigns over to him sooner in the game, like out of halftime, rather than the final offensive series of the game.
These users liked this post from AGGZILLA:
NavyBlueAggie


"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

isrred
Posts: 1955
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:33 am
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by isrred » September 16th, 2019, 5:08 pm

AGGZILLA wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 4:01 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 10:18 pm
dyedblue wrote:
September 14th, 2019, 10:16 pm
Almost beating Wake, MSU, Auburn, Wisconsin is about the same as beating Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee, USC, Mississippi State, Wisconsin, and whoever else they have beat. That's okay, we'll keep mocking them and they'll keep beating big name teams.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big names teams when their having down years.
When you play 6-7 p5 teams per season, 1-2 are bound to be in for a ‘down’ season. However, in our case, SC and Mich St we’re about as ‘down’ as they could have been when we faced them and we still couldn’t get the job done.

I actually did think BYU would end up going 2-2 in this initial stretch of games but how they fare this weekend against uDub will be a greater gauge of “how good are they, really?”
We lost to a 7 win Michigan State team that went bowling, byu beat a 3-9 Michigan State team. And we very well could have won the USC game in '13 if we'd had it at home like byu did.



Chupamedia
Posts: 1198
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 27 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by Chupamedia » September 16th, 2019, 7:25 pm

I can’t stand BYU - but I have to respect them for doing what we long to do, but never quite do. Coulda woulda shoulda just doesn’t compare with did. We can argue if they’re up or down years but bottom line they win games that we have not.



Coloraggie
Posts: 1497
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:09 am
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 15 times

Re: BYU looking good

Post by Coloraggie » September 17th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Where is Brian Suite when we need him.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic