We are good

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Re: We are good

Post by QuackAttackAggie » August 30th, 2019, 11:44 pm

The week off before SDSU will do us a lot of good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamesda3asu
Has thanked: 0

Post by jamesda3asu » August 31st, 2019, 5:45 am

coolag wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 10:46 pm
Wake will finish .500. Not sure I would call us good yet.
We aren't finishing .500 we have Rice, Elon, and a 2 win UNC team our next three games. Clawson's teams ALWAYS improve as the season goes along and usually start slow.

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » August 31st, 2019, 6:24 am

Elkaggie wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 10:30 pm
AgMac wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 10:28 pm
I was honestly pleasantly surprised by a lot of players. But could not be more disappointed in coaching.
For the most part I agree. Our offense is very Vanilla and way easier to defend than last year.
But this is typical for game one with a virtually entirely new offense and new coaching staff. On top of that this was an OOC game as well. As nice as a win would have been, it is ultimately meaningless in the ultimate team goal of winning a MWC title. Anything other than a vanilla offense for this game would have been a surprise. If we had seven or eight starters back, and were playing a MWC opponent, I am sure you would have seen a bit more. Still, for being a vanilla offense, 596 yards, on the road against an ACC opponent that won a bowl game last year is not too shabby.
These users thanked the author swordsman1989 for the post:
Machismo

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » August 31st, 2019, 7:34 am

We are good. Will the coaches help the team play like it?

USUstudent13

Post by USUstudent13 » August 31st, 2019, 8:20 am

Even with all the mistakes we made we still had multiple opportunities to win the game. Tighten up the screws and this is a great football team.

breadysmith

Post by breadysmith » August 31st, 2019, 8:31 am

I agree I think we'll be good. Lots of blame getting thrown around to places I'm not sure it's justified. There were three main concerns coming into the season in my mind, and two of the three look like they'll be fine...WR and O Line...then the secondary which had a tough night needs some work...thankfully we've got some time to work on that the next few weeks. Fortunately we won't see WR's with that type of size and athleticism against many opponents.

I thought the d line played great and though we didn't get the pass rush we wanted that was a result of their weird RPO that they run and against a more conventional offense I think you'll see more pressure and Tipa re-appear and be who he was last year.

Love made a lot of great throws but he made several bad decisions and the INT's prove that out. He can be better and I'm certain he knows it...I bet he's shouldering a lot of the blame right now.

Between Warren and Bright we'll be great at RB.

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

USUstudent13

Post by USUstudent13 » August 31st, 2019, 9:37 am

breadysmith wrote:
August 31st, 2019, 8:31 am
I agree I think we'll be good. Lots of blame getting thrown around to places I'm not sure it's justified. There were three main concerns coming into the season in my mind, and two of the three look like they'll be fine...WR and O Line...then the secondary which had a tough night needs some work...thankfully we've got some time to work on that the next few weeks. Fortunately we won't see WR's with that type of size and athleticism against many opponents.

I thought the d line played great and though we didn't get the pass rush we wanted that was a result of their weird RPO that they run and against a more conventional offense I think you'll see more pressure and Tipa re-appear and be who he was last year.

Love made a lot of great throws but he made several bad decisions and the INT's prove that out. He can be better and I'm certain he knows it...I bet he's shouldering a lot of the blame right now.

Between Warren and Bright we'll be great at RB.
Agreed, their offense was just as potent as ours last year and they did it against tougher opponents. I’m optimistic about the season, apart from LSU, we should have a good opportunity to win every game.

Locked Previous topicNext topic