Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
IdaAg93
Posts: 1536
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:30 am
Location: SE Idaho...a perfect distance from the hive.
Has thanked: 554 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by IdaAg93 » August 18th, 2019, 10:08 pm

34-28 USU.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



jpswensen
Posts: 1611
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:59 pm
Location: Pullman, WA
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 249 times
Contact:

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by jpswensen » August 18th, 2019, 10:52 pm

20-17 Aggies


Work expands to fill the time allotted.

bull
Posts: 102
Joined: September 16th, 2016, 4:10 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by bull » August 18th, 2019, 11:14 pm

31-17 U State



JFWAggie
Posts: 279
Joined: August 4th, 2017, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by JFWAggie » August 18th, 2019, 11:37 pm

Ustate 35
Wtfstate 20



User avatar
Blue42
Posts: 216
Joined: November 5th, 2018, 5:00 pm
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 72 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by Blue42 » August 19th, 2019, 6:53 am

38-28 Aggies!


“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17908
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 921 times
Been thanked: 982 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by NVAggie » August 19th, 2019, 9:19 am

I'm always a proud homer. Put me down for an Aggie win every game this year.

USU 31
Wake Forest 21



isrred
Posts: 1965
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:33 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by isrred » August 19th, 2019, 9:31 am

USU-27
WF-21



jamesda3asu
Posts: 76
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 1:24 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by jamesda3asu » August 19th, 2019, 9:32 am

For those of you saying under 14 what's you justification? We average 33.4 pts a game last year and we are gonna be better or just as good despite losing to Clemson 63-3. We put up 30 on Notre Dame and let's face it you guys aren't Clemson or ND



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5874
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 548 times
Been thanked: 1095 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 19th, 2019, 9:46 am

jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:32 am
For those of you saying under 14 what's you justification? We average 33.4 pts a game last year and we are gonna be better or just as good despite losing to Clemson 63-3. We put up 30 on Notre Dame and let's face it you guys aren't Clemson or ND
I went through and looked and only 1 person predicted Wake Forest would score under 14 points. Seems you've had a bit of an overreaction.

Also, you predicted USU would only score 3 points. What's your justification? USU averaged 47 points/game last year.
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on August 19th, 2019, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 3):
stewusu98donlarson8sneed



User avatar
AGGIEinIOWA
Posts: 1720
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 10:50 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 386 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » August 19th, 2019, 9:47 am

28-27 Wake. Hope I’m wrong!



AggieUprising50
Posts: 798
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by AggieUprising50 » August 19th, 2019, 9:54 am

Utah State-38
wake -24



Imakeitrain
Posts: 7854
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 461 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by Imakeitrain » August 19th, 2019, 10:07 am

jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:32 am
For those of you saying under 14 what's you justification? We average 33.4 pts a game last year and we are gonna be better or just as good despite losing to Clemson 63-3. We put up 30 on Notre Dame and let's face it you guys aren't Clemson or ND
Did anyone predict a 60 point spread? No- because we aren't Clemson.


You put up 27 on Notre Dame, 14 of which came in garbage time, when it was 49-13 It's not hard to look this stuff up. Wake scored at :44 remaining in Q3 to make it 49-20. I never understood how fans of lower level P5 teams brag about getting curb stomped by a bigger P5 team.

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

Machismo
Posts: 3962
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has thanked: 473 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by Machismo » August 19th, 2019, 10:09 am

Utah State-38
wake -17


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 801
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 641 times
Been thanked: 214 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by thegreendalegelf » August 19th, 2019, 10:12 am

USU 35 - Wake 31



Aggie_CEE
Posts: 265
Joined: September 7th, 2017, 11:32 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by Aggie_CEE » August 19th, 2019, 10:15 am

Utah State- 37
Wake- 34

*Overtime and Eberle wins it for us.



jamesda3asu
Posts: 76
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 1:24 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by jamesda3asu » August 19th, 2019, 10:22 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:46 am
jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:32 am
For those of you saying under 14 what's you justification? We average 33.4 pts a game last year and we are gonna be better or just as good despite losing to Clemson 63-3. We put up 30 on Notre Dame and let's face it you guys aren't Clemson or ND
I went through and looked and only 1 person predicted Wake Forest would score under 14 points. Seems you've had a bit of an overreaction.

Also, you predicted USU would only score 3 points. What's your justification? USU averaged 47 points/game last year.
I was being facetious to the 10 and 14pts we would score and those expecting to blow us out. I fully expect a 38-31 type game going either way
These users thanked the author jamesda3asu for the post:
donlarson8



jamesda3asu
Posts: 76
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 1:24 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by jamesda3asu » August 19th, 2019, 10:25 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:07 am
jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:32 am
For those of you saying under 14 what's you justification? We average 33.4 pts a game last year and we are gonna be better or just as good despite losing to Clemson 63-3. We put up 30 on Notre Dame and let's face it you guys aren't Clemson or ND
Did anyone predict a 60 point spread? No- because we aren't Clemson.


You put up 27 on Notre Dame, 14 of which came in garbage time, when it was 49-13 It's not hard to look this stuff up. Wake scored at :44 remaining in Q3 to make it 49-20. I never understood how fans of lower level P5 teams brag about getting curb stomped by a bigger P5 team.

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:
Probably the same kind of people predicting you guys to beat us 28-10 or 45-23.
Last edited by jamesda3asu on August 19th, 2019, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.



usufan1
Posts: 587
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Has thanked: 295 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by usufan1 » August 19th, 2019, 10:45 am

Aggies - 28
Deacons - 24

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk




User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 12005
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 855 times
Been thanked: 560 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by ViAggie » August 19th, 2019, 10:48 am

USU 44
Wake 26


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
superheroboy
Posts: 139
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 2:16 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by superheroboy » August 19th, 2019, 10:49 am

USU 41
Wake 24



Imakeitrain
Posts: 7854
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 461 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by Imakeitrain » August 19th, 2019, 10:51 am

jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:25 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:07 am
jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:32 am
For those of you saying under 14 what's you justification? We average 33.4 pts a game last year and we are gonna be better or just as good despite losing to Clemson 63-3. We put up 30 on Notre Dame and let's face it you guys aren't Clemson or ND
Did anyone predict a 60 point spread? No- because we aren't Clemson.


You put up 27 on Notre Dame, 14 of which came in garbage time, when it was 49-13 It's not hard to look this stuff up. Wake scored at :44 remaining in Q3 to make it 49-20. I never understood how fans of lower level P5 teams brag about getting curb stomped by a bigger P5 team.

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:
Probably the same kind of people prediction you guys to beat is 28-10 or 45-23.
I'm guessing you didn't actually attend Wake Forest.


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

User avatar
AggieBlues
Posts: 577
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 5:12 pm
Location: North Logan, UT
Has thanked: 196 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by AggieBlues » August 19th, 2019, 10:52 am

USU 38
Wake Forest 27


The amount of energy necessary to refute bull pucky is an order of magnitude greater than to produce it.

pcaggie
Posts: 48
Joined: October 15th, 2015, 10:51 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by pcaggie » August 19th, 2019, 11:02 am

USU - 35
Wake - 14
USU defense will dominate



Cast Iron Aggie
Posts: 17
Joined: December 12th, 2018, 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by Cast Iron Aggie » August 19th, 2019, 11:31 am

27 - 20 USU



jamesda3asu
Posts: 76
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 1:24 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by jamesda3asu » August 19th, 2019, 11:40 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:51 am
jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:25 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:07 am
jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:32 am
For those of you saying under 14 what's you justification? We average 33.4 pts a game last year and we are gonna be better or just as good despite losing to Clemson 63-3. We put up 30 on Notre Dame and let's face it you guys aren't Clemson or ND
Did anyone predict a 60 point spread? No- because we aren't Clemson.


You put up 27 on Notre Dame, 14 of which came in garbage time, when it was 49-13 It's not hard to look this stuff up. Wake scored at :44 remaining in Q3 to make it 49-20. I never understood how fans of lower level P5 teams brag about getting curb stomped by a bigger P5 team.

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:
Probably the same kind of people prediction you guys to beat is 28-10 or 45-23.
I'm guessing you didn't actually attend Wake Forest.
Don't confuse my laziness for lack of an education lol
These users thanked the author jamesda3asu for the post:
donlarson8



codingaggie
Posts: 25
Joined: June 11th, 2019, 7:59 pm
Has thanked: 24 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by codingaggie » August 19th, 2019, 11:43 am

35 - 17 USU



Imakeitrain
Posts: 7854
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 190 times
Been thanked: 461 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by Imakeitrain » August 19th, 2019, 11:50 am

jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 11:40 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:51 am
jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:25 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:07 am
jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:32 am
For those of you saying under 14 what's you justification? We average 33.4 pts a game last year and we are gonna be better or just as good despite losing to Clemson 63-3. We put up 30 on Notre Dame and let's face it you guys aren't Clemson or ND
Did anyone predict a 60 point spread? No- because we aren't Clemson.


You put up 27 on Notre Dame, 14 of which came in garbage time, when it was 49-13 It's not hard to look this stuff up. Wake scored at :44 remaining in Q3 to make it 49-20. I never understood how fans of lower level P5 teams brag about getting curb stomped by a bigger P5 team.

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:
Probably the same kind of people prediction you guys to beat is 28-10 or 45-23.
I'm guessing you didn't actually attend Wake Forest.
Don't confuse my laziness for lack of an education lol
Fair enough, but I still do not know how to interpret what you wrote.


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11061
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7062 times
Been thanked: 4647 times
Contact:

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by aggies22 » August 19th, 2019, 1:03 pm

Utah State 45
Wake Forest 24



Full
Posts: 1861
Joined: April 27th, 2011, 11:07 am
Location: Davis County
Has thanked: 230 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by Full » August 19th, 2019, 1:18 pm

jamesda3asu wrote:I was being facetious to the 10 and 14pts we would score and those expecting to blow us out. I fully expect a 38-31 type game going either way
I put USU by 22, so I’ll respond. I actually like our offensive line vs your defensive line. I get it that we lost most of the experience, but Center and LT are the two positions experience matters most. That’s were USU has experienced starters returning. I don’t see Wake as having a dominant defensive line, 290 pound DTs are a little undersized, Tyler Williams is limited or out, that leaves more snaps in a game with two up-tempo offenses getting the ball off quick. I do expect this game to have a very high number of plays ran. Dismiss my confidence in the USU offensive line, but I really don’t think it will be a huge issue.

Newman is a big strong dude, and Carney runs really well, but I expect to see USU defense make the QB throw. The focus of the USU defense has been to stop the run, and with the new staff coming from Utah it’s just further emphasized. I gave Wake Forest 23 because I see a lot of yards through the air ending in field goals as drives stall in the red zone. I expect coverage to tighten in the red zone after the secondary makes a few mistakes.

I also wanted to pick an outcome that I could win some extra points on if the game goes the way I hope. The scoring rewards people who guess outside the normal range of scores and are closer than what everyone else is predicting.



AGGZILLA
Posts: 3097
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 5:53 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by AGGZILLA » August 19th, 2019, 3:03 pm

The streak will continue.

WF 37
USU 28


"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

SectionFaggie
Posts: 113
Joined: December 18th, 2016, 7:27 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by SectionFaggie » August 19th, 2019, 3:19 pm

42-31 Aggies. Could be bigger if D line rocks it out.



SectionFaggie
Posts: 113
Joined: December 18th, 2016, 7:27 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by SectionFaggie » August 19th, 2019, 3:24 pm

SectionFaggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 3:19 pm
42-31 Aggies. Could be bigger if D line rocks it out.
And if we win at Wake, especially by 10 or more, Ogeron won't let LSU practicing players forget that. I would love to win at LSU, but a big win at Wake may reduce that chance by reducing the "overlook a 'lesser' foe" factor.



jamesda3asu
Posts: 76
Joined: July 23rd, 2019, 1:24 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 19 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by jamesda3asu » August 19th, 2019, 3:33 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 11:50 am
jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 11:40 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:51 am
jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:25 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 10:07 am
jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:32 am
For those of you saying under 14 what's you justification? We average 33.4 pts a game last year and we are gonna be better or just as good despite losing to Clemson 63-3. We put up 30 on Notre Dame and let's face it you guys aren't Clemson or ND
Did anyone predict a 60 point spread? No- because we aren't Clemson.


You put up 27 on Notre Dame, 14 of which came in garbage time, when it was 49-13 It's not hard to look this stuff up. Wake scored at :44 remaining in Q3 to make it 49-20. I never understood how fans of lower level P5 teams brag about getting curb stomped by a bigger P5 team.

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:
Probably the same kind of people prediction you guys to beat is 28-10 or 45-23.
I'm guessing you didn't actually attend Wake Forest.
Don't confuse my laziness for lack of an education lol
Fair enough, but I still do not know how to interpret what you wrote.
You were saying you didn't understand how fans of a lower level p5 programs could justify getting curb stomped by higher level p5 times. I simply said probably the same kind of people who predict you guyes to blow us out. My 42-3 prediction was just to get a rise. I expect a close game a TD either way and hope for no injuries. Regardless I hope y'all win every game after us.



User avatar
Turtle
Posts: 308
Joined: December 11th, 2018, 7:10 pm
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by Turtle » August 19th, 2019, 5:37 pm

jamesda3asu wrote:
August 18th, 2019, 8:47 pm
Utah St.-3
Wake Forest-42
Good luck with that one



AggieUprising50
Posts: 798
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 86 times
Been thanked: 212 times

Re: Predict the Score - 8/30 FB @ Wake Forest

Post by AggieUprising50 » August 19th, 2019, 8:45 pm

jamesda3asu wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 9:32 am
For those of you saying under 14 what's you justification? We average 33.4 pts a game last year and we are gonna be better or just as good despite losing to Clemson 63-3. We put up 30 on Notre Dame and let's face it you guys aren't Clemson or ND

Image



Locked Previous topicNext topic