Darrell Garretson....

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Smokin Joe
Posts: 3609
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Darrell Garretson....

Post by Smokin Joe » August 14th, 2019, 8:17 pm

...will forever be revered by this Aggie...


These users thanked the author Smokin Joe for the post (total 16):
USU78TheAKAggiecrazywookieTurtleImakeitrainZaggie07QuackAttackAggienewtonianblueBadElbowAGNUMPI and 6 more users



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14379
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 562 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by brownjeans » August 14th, 2019, 8:57 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!



User avatar
Turtle
Posts: 245
Joined: December 11th, 2018, 7:10 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 107 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by Turtle » August 14th, 2019, 9:27 pm

OH NO HERE COMES DARRELL GARRETSON WITH A METAL CHAIR



User avatar
BearLakeMonster
Posts: 1838
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:45 am
Location: The Caribbean of the Rockies
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by BearLakeMonster » August 14th, 2019, 10:50 pm

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:


"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

usufan1
Posts: 531
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Has thanked: 286 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by usufan1 » August 14th, 2019, 11:57 pm

Is there a highlight video from USU of this game?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk




jAggie
Posts: 35
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:07 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by jAggie » August 15th, 2019, 3:07 am

usufan1 wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Is there a highlight video from USU of this game?
Ask and you shall receive...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aS9sxy ... XS7rH/view
These users thanked the author jAggie for the post (total 7):
usufan1aggies22MachismoRoy McAvoyAndroidAggieChicAggieBigBlue32



agster
Posts: 144
Joined: November 20th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by agster » August 15th, 2019, 7:19 am

That is awesome! I could watch that all day!



User avatar
AGNUMPI
Posts: 1268
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:41 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by AGNUMPI » August 15th, 2019, 7:19 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman: :scotsman:


"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

usufan1
Posts: 531
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Has thanked: 286 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by usufan1 » August 15th, 2019, 7:21 am

jAggie wrote:
usufan1 wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Is there a highlight video from USU of this game?
Ask and you shall receive...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aS9sxy ... XS7rH/view
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk




Machismo
Posts: 3679
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has thanked: 360 times
Been thanked: 71 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by Machismo » August 15th, 2019, 10:06 am

jAggie wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 3:07 am
usufan1 wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Is there a highlight video from USU of this game?
Ask and you shall receive...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aS9sxy ... XS7rH/view
The Aggies dropped an OUTRAGEOUS Hot Plopper in their punch bowl that night I can tell you :lol:


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16556
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 788 times
Been thanked: 697 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by NVAggie » August 15th, 2019, 10:16 am

Darrell owned them that night and still lives on in our hearts.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
aggies22



NavyBlue
Posts: 304
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:37 am
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by NavyBlue » August 15th, 2019, 10:43 am

Revered by this Aggie as well.



Aggie84025
Posts: 1739
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 480 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by Aggie84025 » August 15th, 2019, 11:15 am

With the way the team lost at Arkansas State I had zero belief they could go into Provo and beat a then undefeated BYU team. One of the better moments of fan enjoyment was seeing that team so focused and up to the task.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5374
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 376 times
Been thanked: 627 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by Roy McAvoy » August 19th, 2019, 8:51 am

jAggie wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 3:07 am
usufan1 wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Is there a highlight video from USU of this game?
Ask and you shall receive...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aS9sxy ... XS7rH/view
Is this video uploaded anywhere on Youtube?

It's an incredible video and it's fun to look back at just how talented that USU team was. So many guys played in the NFL off that team.



Smokin Joe
Posts: 3609
Joined: July 11th, 2011, 9:59 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by Smokin Joe » August 19th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 11:15 am
With the way the team lost at Arkansas State I had zero belief they could go into Provo and beat a then undefeated BYU team. One of the better moments of fan enjoyment was seeing that team so focused and up to the task.
undefeated and ranked 16th too, IIRC.



AggieUprising50
Posts: 647
Joined: January 31st, 2015, 4:31 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by AggieUprising50 » August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm

I believed. That's why I made the trip. Best $50 I've ever spent
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post:
aggies22



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12680
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 576 times
Been thanked: 669 times
Contact:

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by ProvoAggie » August 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
I believed. That's why I made the trip. Best $50 I've ever spent
I didn't believe. My BYU fan brother offered me a free ticket in his suite on the day of the game so I went. Could have been one of my biggest regrets. That game ended up being a blast to be at.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22USU78



Bigd23
Posts: 54
Joined: August 30th, 2015, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by Bigd23 » August 19th, 2019, 11:30 pm

Best Aggie game I've ever attended. Was the first time I've ever been to a game down there and will likely be the only time. Just can't bring myself to potentially taint the wonderful experience. Taking down an undefeated and ranked team when being a 21 point underdog. Ruining the McMahon jersey retirement celebration and seeing BYU fans filing out of the stadium at the end of the 3rd quarter. Great memories.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Bigd23 for the post (total 3):
aggies22USU78JSHarvey



WasatchAggie
Posts: 599
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by WasatchAggie » August 20th, 2019, 7:50 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
I believed. That's why I made the trip. Best $50 I've ever spent
I didn't believe. My BYU fan brother offered me a free ticket in his suite on the day of the game so I went. Could have been one of my biggest regrets. That game ended up being a blast to be at.
DId you go in full Aggie gear?



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12680
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 576 times
Been thanked: 669 times
Contact:

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by ProvoAggie » August 20th, 2019, 8:46 am

WasatchAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 7:50 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
I believed. That's why I made the trip. Best $50 I've ever spent
I didn't believe. My BYU fan brother offered me a free ticket in his suite on the day of the game so I went. Could have been one of my biggest regrets. That game ended up being a blast to be at.
DId you go in full Aggie gear?
Absolutely. When we got in there he announced to everyone that I was only there so they could poke fun at me during the game. It got really silent really fast.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
Zaggie07



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by TheAKAggie » August 20th, 2019, 8:58 am

WasatchAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
I believed. That's why I made the trip. Best $50 I've ever spent
I didn't believe. My BYU fan brother offered me a free ticket in his suite on the day of the game so I went. Could have been one of my biggest regrets. That game ended up being a blast to be at.
DId you go in full Aggie gear?
His wardrobe consists of 19 Aggie shirts, 11 Angels shirts, 5 Jazz shirts, 8 work polo’s, and 200 roller coaster shirts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

Aggie19
Posts: 561
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 264 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by Aggie19 » August 20th, 2019, 10:06 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 8:58 am
WasatchAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
I believed. That's why I made the trip. Best $50 I've ever spent
I didn't believe. My BYU fan brother offered me a free ticket in his suite on the day of the game so I went. Could have been one of my biggest regrets. That game ended up being a blast to be at.
DId you go in full Aggie gear?
His wardrobe consists of 19 Aggie shirts, 11 Angels shirts, 5 Jazz shirts, 8 work polo’s, and 200 roller coaster shirts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He really should buy some pants
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post (total 2):
NVAggiedonlarson8


Go Aggies!

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12680
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 576 times
Been thanked: 669 times
Contact:

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by ProvoAggie » August 20th, 2019, 10:11 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 8:58 am
WasatchAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
I believed. That's why I made the trip. Best $50 I've ever spent
I didn't believe. My BYU fan brother offered me a free ticket in his suite on the day of the game so I went. Could have been one of my biggest regrets. That game ended up being a blast to be at.
DId you go in full Aggie gear?
His wardrobe consists of 19 Aggie shirts, 11 Angels shirts, 5 Jazz shirts, 8 work polo’s, and 200 roller coaster shirts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is surprisingly accurate...although the Aggie shirts currently outnumber the roller coaster shirts.



User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 1773
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 367 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by sam tingey » August 20th, 2019, 10:12 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 10:11 am
TheAKAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 8:58 am
WasatchAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
I believed. That's why I made the trip. Best $50 I've ever spent
I didn't believe. My BYU fan brother offered me a free ticket in his suite on the day of the game so I went. Could have been one of my biggest regrets. That game ended up being a blast to be at.
DId you go in full Aggie gear?
His wardrobe consists of 19 Aggie shirts, 11 Angels shirts, 5 Jazz shirts, 8 work polo’s, and 200 roller coaster shirts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is surprisingly accurate...although the Aggie shirts currently outnumber the roller coaster shirts.
So you really don't have any pants then?
These users thanked the author sam tingey for the post:
TheAKAggie



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12680
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 576 times
Been thanked: 669 times
Contact:

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by ProvoAggie » August 20th, 2019, 10:16 am

sam tingey wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 10:12 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 10:11 am
TheAKAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 8:58 am
WasatchAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
I believed. That's why I made the trip. Best $50 I've ever spent
I didn't believe. My BYU fan brother offered me a free ticket in his suite on the day of the game so I went. Could have been one of my biggest regrets. That game ended up being a blast to be at.
DId you go in full Aggie gear?
His wardrobe consists of 19 Aggie shirts, 11 Angels shirts, 5 Jazz shirts, 8 work polo’s, and 200 roller coaster shirts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is surprisingly accurate...although the Aggie shirts currently outnumber the roller coaster shirts.
So you really don't have any pants then?
Who needs pants when you sit at a desk all day?



Aggie19
Posts: 561
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 356 times
Been thanked: 264 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by Aggie19 » August 20th, 2019, 11:33 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 10:16 am
sam tingey wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 10:12 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 10:11 am
TheAKAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 8:58 am
WasatchAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
I believed. That's why I made the trip. Best $50 I've ever spent
I didn't believe. My BYU fan brother offered me a free ticket in his suite on the day of the game so I went. Could have been one of my biggest regrets. That game ended up being a blast to be at.
DId you go in full Aggie gear?
His wardrobe consists of 19 Aggie shirts, 11 Angels shirts, 5 Jazz shirts, 8 work polo’s, and 200 roller coaster shirts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is surprisingly accurate...although the Aggie shirts currently outnumber the roller coaster shirts.
So you really don't have any pants then?
Who needs pants when you sit at a desk all day?
So that's what I've been doing wrong. Amateur :-)


Go Aggies!

User avatar
MrBiggle
Posts: 1283
Joined: October 10th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 273 times
Been thanked: 61 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by MrBiggle » August 20th, 2019, 12:31 pm

That ended up being a great year for the Cougs. Fight with Memphis, Nut punch to Boise...


Where only sage brush grows

User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by ChicAggie » August 20th, 2019, 2:48 pm

jAggie wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 3:07 am
usufan1 wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Is there a highlight video from USU of this game?
Ask and you shall receive...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aS9sxy ... XS7rH/view
Two things: My favorite highlight videos either get right to the highlights or maybe 30 seconds of buildup. A full 2 1/2 minutes of build up is too much.

And this: Nick Vigil is a bad, bad man.

Loved the highlights.
These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post:
tysteve20


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

User avatar
RigAggie
Posts: 863
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by RigAggie » August 20th, 2019, 2:53 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 2:48 pm
jAggie wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 3:07 am
usufan1 wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Is there a highlight video from USU of this game?
Ask and you shall receive...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aS9sxy ... XS7rH/view
Two things: My favorite highlight videos either get right to the highlights or maybe 30 seconds of buildup. A full 2 1/2 minutes of build up is too much.

And this: Nick Vigil is a bad, bad man.

Loved the highlights.
After 36 years of not winning in that wasteland of a place, I can endure more than 2 & 1/2 minutes of buildup!! Probably a full week of buildup.



User avatar
BearLakeMonster
Posts: 1838
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:45 am
Location: The Caribbean of the Rockies
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 63 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by BearLakeMonster » August 20th, 2019, 5:09 pm

ChicAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 2:48 pm
jAggie wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 3:07 am
usufan1 wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Is there a highlight video from USU of this game?
Ask and you shall receive...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aS9sxy ... XS7rH/view
Two things: My favorite highlight videos either get right to the highlights or maybe 30 seconds of buildup. A full 2 1/2 minutes of build up is too much.

And this: Nick Vigil is a bad, bad man.

Loved the highlights.
Sometimes foreplay is totally worth it.


"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8097
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 297 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by BigBlueDart » August 20th, 2019, 5:49 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 11:33 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 10:16 am
sam tingey wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 10:12 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 10:11 am
TheAKAggie wrote:
August 20th, 2019, 8:58 am
WasatchAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 8:46 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
I believed. That's why I made the trip. Best $50 I've ever spent
I didn't believe. My BYU fan brother offered me a free ticket in his suite on the day of the game so I went. Could have been one of my biggest regrets. That game ended up being a blast to be at.
DId you go in full Aggie gear?
His wardrobe consists of 19 Aggie shirts, 11 Angels shirts, 5 Jazz shirts, 8 work polo’s, and 200 roller coaster shirts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is surprisingly accurate...although the Aggie shirts currently outnumber the roller coaster shirts.
So you really don't have any pants then?
Who needs pants when you sit at a desk all day?
So that's what I've been doing wrong. Amateur :-)
I find this discussion of wardrobe amusing.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16556
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 788 times
Been thanked: 697 times

Re: Darrell Garretson....

Post by NVAggie » August 21st, 2019, 8:30 am

Says the guy in the morphsuits.



Locked Previous topicNext topic