Hurd Premium

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Dwigt

Hurd Premium

Post by Dwigt » August 3rd, 2019, 10:29 pm

Not a fan

"The threshold of insult is in direct relation to intelligence and security." John Steinbeck

AggieUprising50

Re: Hurd Premium

Post by AggieUprising50 » August 3rd, 2019, 10:33 pm

The free concessions alone is a killer deal

Dwigt

Post by Dwigt » August 3rd, 2019, 10:39 pm

I would like it more if the early entry portion was removed. It has caused a lot of problems.

"The threshold of insult is in direct relation to intelligence and security." John Steinbeck

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » August 3rd, 2019, 10:49 pm

Dwigt wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 10:39 pm
I would like it more if the early entry portion was removed. It has caused a lot of problems.
Meh. With the non-student fan section the people who pay more get the better seats. The students might as well get used to it now

Blue42

Post by Blue42 » August 3rd, 2019, 10:59 pm

I like that there’s no cap on members this year. That’ll solve some of the complaints from last year.
These users thanked the author Blue42 for the post (total 2):
AggieUprising50thegreendalegelf

“Winning takes care of everything.”
- (pre-divorce) Tiger Woods

Turtle

Post by Turtle » August 3rd, 2019, 11:51 pm

The no cap should make a difference. Honestly, it is a really good deal for 25$. Everyone has an opportunity to buy the early access, so it is fair.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » August 4th, 2019, 12:57 am

Looks like the same crap flyer that went out nearly 20 years ago.....made me to want to :puke: then and still does.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » August 4th, 2019, 2:45 am

I don't have a problem with this at all.

*No cap
*Added benefits, as others have said, free concessions is a big value
*$25 for both football and basketball

When I was a student at the U, for football, you had to pay for MUSS tickets. Now, you got a reserved seat (in order of when you signed up, you could sign up with groups to be with your friends), shirt, and some other stuff in a goodie bag, and if I remember right, it was $75.

This is a good deal and is fair.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » August 4th, 2019, 7:15 am

The lines at our concession stands were too long already... Smh

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

BeNo

Post by BeNo » August 4th, 2019, 7:47 am

Just out of curiosity, the 15 minute early entry has the qualifier “some exclusions apply”. What are the exclusions?

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » August 4th, 2019, 8:00 am

I'm starting to side with Wild Bill on the Hurd.

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » August 4th, 2019, 8:32 am

It seems like this will be ... check that ... IS as old as complaining about SLC media coverage.

Students will have to figure this one out.

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

lcrasmus

Post by lcrasmus » August 4th, 2019, 9:48 am

No actual inside information on this one, but I have to assume campout games will be run differently. The "some exclusions apply" clause really takes care of the major issue I had, and the value for purchase is actually very nice.

I'm still bothered by the fact that the students are already paying mandatory athletic fees only to have to pay additional money for this though. Really wish it wasn't the case, but here we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oleblu111

Post by oleblu111 » August 4th, 2019, 9:53 am

Can not students still go if they do not want to pay the extra $25 ?

The stadium needs a restroom - concession building on the north end of the student section, and a up grade on the upper east side of the restroom- concessions area.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » August 4th, 2019, 9:58 am

BeNo wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 7:47 am
Just out of curiosity, the 15 minute early entry has the qualifier “some exclusions apply”. What are the exclusions?
For football: Does not include the BYU game. Priority tickets are given to students who take part in the campout on the quad.

For basketball: They reserve the right to not allow priority entrance for two different games, to be determined, will be notified a week in advance. Likely for what they determine to be the "big" games where they will likely do another campout.

I think it solves MANY of the problems of last year, and I'm very impressed with the Hurd leadership for making the changes.
These users thanked the author Turtle for the post:
donlarson8

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » August 4th, 2019, 1:50 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 9:53 am
Yes, students can still go to games if they don't want to pay the extra $25. Every student has essentially paid for season tickets to all sporting events with their tuition payments.

However, those students who don't want to shell out $25 will be forced to watch hundreds of "HURD Elite" students casually walk past them 15 minutes before the doors open, regardless of how many hours they've been camped out at the Spectrum to get the best seats in the house.

Basically this is forcing all students to pay an extra $25 if they want the good seats. Hopefully the money is used well in ways that will promote more excitement and attendance for the teams.

I'm curious what "Free Concessions" means. Last year I was contacted by the group that came up with the HURD Premium thing and I voiced to them that I felt that early entry should be axed from the list of perks. Everything else is fine and doesn't punish anyone who doesn't want to pay the fee. At least there are exclusions this year, I guess. :noidea:

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » August 4th, 2019, 3:46 pm

I guess I would ask the HURD powers that be the same question the last time this flared up on this board and they came around trying to defend the asinine policy:

1) What is the stated intent of HURD Premium? Do they have any evidence that it actually increases attendance? Or is it just creating a USU fan caste system?

2) What are the HURD Premium fees being used for? It is barely self sufficient in terms of paying for the "free" stuff they are claiming you get for $25? Is it paying for catered lunches for the HURD committee meetings?

Jordan Nathan's #2 Fan (seriously, YBA thinks he wins out against mom?!?!?!)

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » August 4th, 2019, 7:29 pm

Before administrators got involved there was just the students doing self organized organic stuff and it was awesome. The Hurd just adds governance where it's not needed and not an improvement.

That's just my opinion, and I'm a bit of an anarchist.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » August 4th, 2019, 10:06 pm

treesap32 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:
Yes, students can still go to games if they don't want to pay the extra $25. Every student has essentially paid for season tickets to all sporting events with their tuition payments.

However, those students who don't want to shell out $25 will be forced to watch hundreds of "HURD Elite" students casually walk past them 15 minutes before the doors open, regardless of how many hours they've been camped out at the Spectrum to get the best seats in the house.

Basically this is forcing all students to pay an extra $25 if they want the good seats. Hopefully the money is used well in ways that will promote more excitement and attendance for the teams.

I'm curious what "Free Concessions" means. Last year I was contacted by the group that came up with the HURD Premium thing and I voiced to them that I felt that early entry should be axed from the list of perks. Everything else is fine and doesn't punish anyone who doesn't want to pay the fee. At least there are exclusions this year, I guess. :noidea:

Just curious, what is the money used for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CaptainChaos

Hurd Premium

Post by CaptainChaos » August 4th, 2019, 10:52 pm

Early access is BS... it’s been something the Hurd has tried to do since its inception and one thing that pissed me off as a student. I hated the Hurd for it and never liked that the student section took the name on. I think the Hurd has done more harm than good honestly. The student section has just not been as good ever since they took on the Hurd name. Correlation does not equal causation, but it’s still a fact the Hurd student section has not been an improvement on anything as far as game atmosphere, refraction, creativity etc.

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » August 4th, 2019, 10:57 pm

brownjeans wrote:I'm starting to side with Wild Bill on the Hurd.
Which is?

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » August 4th, 2019, 10:58 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 10:57 pm
brownjeans wrote:I'm starting to side with Wild Bill on the Hurd.
Which is?
From listening to his podcast, Aggie Legends, he's not a fan.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » August 5th, 2019, 12:05 am

T Shirts, Pizza, two story quetas, prizes, pretty sire that’s what the money is used for.

Hail Aggies!

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » August 5th, 2019, 12:15 am

Jjoey53 wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 10:06 pm
treesap32 wrote:
oleblu111 wrote:

Just curious, what is the money used for?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When I was on the HURD committee the funds were mainly used for paying for watch parties, prep rallies, camp outs, corn starch for the “chalk toss at white out games, signs, etc.

Can’t say I remember ever getting food catered to our meetings unless we paid for it out of our own pockets (which was rare).

I can’t speak to what they use the money for now, but I can’t imagine it’d be different.

trevordude

Post by trevordude » August 5th, 2019, 5:02 pm

Have you heard of Aggie Shuttle Premium? You pay an extra fee and get to demand seats from people already sitting. Send them to the back of the bus.
These users thanked the author trevordude for the post:
donlarson8

Not sent from Tapatalk

Ag-FAN
Has thanked: 0

Post by Ag-FAN » August 5th, 2019, 6:05 pm

Braden Tomlison, Past HURD Committee President and current ASUSU Athletics and Campus Rec VP and other HURD Committee members told many students that early entry was to games going to be discontinued after the general frustration of this aspect of HURD Premium last year.

Subsequently, I was told at a that a HURD Committee meeting earlier this year that Linda Zimmerman, Vice President for Student Affairs, informed the committee that HURD Premium including early entry to games was going to continue this year because she didn't like to discontinue or change things after just one year.

I don't know how the university / athletic department allowed Linda Zimmerman and Tim Olsen to change student ticket and seating policy to athletic events without a university wide student vote.
These users thanked the author Ag-FAN for the post:
diddy

trevordude

Post by trevordude » August 5th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Ag-FAN wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 6:05 pm
Braden Tomlison, Past HURD Committee President and current ASUSU Athletics and Campus Rec VP and other HURD Committee members told many students that early entry was to games going to be discontinued after the general frustration of this aspect of HURD Premium last year.

Subsequently, I was told at a that a HURD Committee meeting earlier this year that Linda Zimmerman, Vice President for Student Affairs, informed the committee that HURD Premium including early entry to games was going to continue this year because she didn't like to discontinue or change things after just one year.

I don't know how the university / athletic department allowed Linda Zimmerman and Tim Olsen to change student ticket and seating policy to athletic events without a university wide student vote.
Huge if true

Not sent from Tapatalk

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » August 5th, 2019, 6:51 pm

trevordude wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 5:02 pm
Have you heard of Aggie Shuttle Premium? You pay an extra fee and get to demand seats from people already sitting. Send them to the back of the bus.
I see it more like first class seating on an airplane. If you want better seats you’re going to have to be willing to pay for it. That’s life.

I really don’t see the problem if there’s no cap on how many students can buy in.
These users thanked the author AggieUprising50 for the post:
thegreendalegelf

GUS

Post by GUS » August 5th, 2019, 7:47 pm

I don't have a problem with Hurd premium. Let em learn young that you have to part with some money to see good Aggie athletics. Isn't that true oleblu?

Ag-FAN

Post by Ag-FAN » August 5th, 2019, 8:36 pm

AggieUprising50 wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 6:51 pm
trevordude wrote:
I see it more like first class seating on an airplane. If you want better seats you’re going to have to be willing to pay for it. That’s life.

I really don’t see the problem if there’s no cap on how many students can buy in.
Exactly, rich kids up front. The rest of the kids at the back of the bus where they belong.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 5th, 2019, 8:52 pm

Ag-FAN wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 8:36 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
trevordude wrote:

Exactly, rich kids up front. The rest of the kids at the back of the bus where they belong.
$25?
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post (total 2):
AggieUprising50sneed

"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 5th, 2019, 8:55 pm

I like that there isn’t a cap. I also like that the implication is that they aren’t doing ticket student section seating anymore. That was a drag. Many of my friends just stopped attending football games. It was too inconvenient to organize.

"Gary Come Home”
-Mr. Spongebob Squarepants

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » August 5th, 2019, 9:34 pm

Go give plasma, give up some blood for the better seats if you can't swing the $25.

Turtle

Post by Turtle » August 6th, 2019, 12:29 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 8:52 pm
Ag-FAN wrote:
August 5th, 2019, 8:36 pm
AggieUprising50 wrote:
trevordude wrote:

$25?
Exactly. You're in college, they literally charge you 200 dollars just for the right to park your car in a lot that never has any spots available.

There are so many other issues that are more pressing than a 25 dollar fundraiser to get good seats to home games.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » August 6th, 2019, 7:56 am

I don't see an issue with this. It isn't a huge amount of money. There is no cap to the premium. What gives?

Locked Previous topicNext topic