Are the MWC Front Office this clueless?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
troutputz
RIP

Are the MWC Front Office this clueless?

Post by troutputz » June 16th, 2019, 12:14 am

As I was going thru the football schedule to see which games I wii be able to come to, I just noticed that 3 out of the 6 home games are in November. I don’t know where I’ve been and why I didn’t see this before, but you’ve got to be kidding! Does the MWC officials need a course in meteorology and Geography? I am sure I will make it to The BYU. Game and the Boise game, but I am going to have to get in my attic and find some long johns and warmer clothes as I never wear anything like these in St. Greed! However, my old meteorologist tells me that St. Greeds weather has gotten colder in the winter the last 20 years. My wife and I have been here going on 21 years this August, and I would agree the winters here have gotten cooler. To me CV has gotten warmer in the last 20 years. I rarely see week after week of -20 below. The meteorologist said that CV has not been -30 below since 1984, so even though all the St. Greedites I run into tell me that Logan is such a cold place I say not like it used to be! So maybe the games in November won’t be so bad as we think? However, some longjohns and sock warmers better be brought just in case!

AgMac

Re: Are the MWC Front Office this clueless?

Post by AgMac » June 16th, 2019, 9:11 am

troutputz wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 12:14 am
As I was going thru the football schedule to see which games I wii be able to come to, I just noticed that 3 out of the 6 home games are in November. I don’t know where I’ve been and why I didn’t see this before, but you’ve got to be kidding! Does the MWC officials need a course in meteorology and Geography? I am sure I will make it to The BYU. Game and the Boise game, but I am going to have to get in my attic and find some long johns and warmer clothes as I never wear anything like these in St. Greed! However, my old meteorologist tells me that St. Greeds weather has gotten colder in the winter the last 20 years. My wife and I have been here going on 21 years this August, and I would agree the winters here have gotten cooler. To me CV has gotten warmer in the last 20 years. I rarely see week after week of -20 below. The meteorologist said that CV has not been -30 below since 1984, so even though all the St. Greedites I run into tell me that Logan is such a cold place I say not like it used to be! So maybe the games in November won’t be so bad as we think? However, some longjohns and sock warmers better be brought just in case!
I can confirm CV was -30 degrees as recently as the winter of 2001-2002.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » June 16th, 2019, 10:31 am

First off, the league office had nothing to do with the BYU game. That game was scheduled by USU. Secondly, weather is a problem with every team in the Mountain division. You can't avoid home games.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
oleblu111

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » June 16th, 2019, 11:55 am

This was 2017 near Lewiston. I didn't catch it but it was below -30 overnight. It still gets cold here from time to time.

Personally, I'm excited for the cold games. I stillest work outside all winter anyways so I'm already a polar bear.Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

agster
Has thanked: 0

Post by agster » June 16th, 2019, 12:19 pm

Be patient Trout. Everyone is saying that the earth is heating up. St George is just going to get warmer and warmer. We all have just 12 years to live!
These users thanked the author agster for the post:
aggies22

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » June 16th, 2019, 1:46 pm

agster wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Be patient Trout. Everyone is saying that the earth is heating up. St George is just going to get warmer and warmer. We all have just 12 years to live!
Oh, great we finally get a solid football program, our basketball team has some life to it again and I only have just a hair over a decade to enjoy it! Some Father's Day this is!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
USU78BeHURD

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » June 16th, 2019, 2:24 pm

aggies22 wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 1:46 pm
agster wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 12:19 pm
Oh, great we finally get a solid football program, our basketball team has some life to it again and I only have just a hair over a decade to enjoy it! Some Father's Day this is!
I think he means the Aggies in St. George only have 12 years. Should be great weather in Logan in the winters for a good long while.

GUS

Post by GUS » June 16th, 2019, 3:53 pm

I agree with you Trout, the winters here seem more like the Salt Lake City winters used to be like. Not nearly as cold as when I was young.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » June 16th, 2019, 5:06 pm

GUS wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 3:53 pm
I agree with you Trout, the winters here seem more like the Salt Lake City winters used to be like. Not nearly as cold as when I was young.
And not nearly as much snow but I'm not complaining about that.

Locked Previous topicNext topic