Here comes Gary

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by TheAKAggie » December 2nd, 2018, 4:04 pm

2004AG wrote:
USUBlue wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 3:24 pm
2004AG wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 3:16 pm
AGNUMPI wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 3:12 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 11:39 am
My source has heard conflicting info. First it was Gary, then Gary was of the list and a national search was started. Now Gary is back on the list but search goes on. Source says expect to hear something later this week.
Well in the article it says the search firm will change directions if word is leaked, so...
I think search firms are stupid. Isn't that what we pay John Hartwell to do?
I have my concerns about them as well, but there are several benefits and given the players may actually be essential:
1. Confidentiality. Most have jobs already and don't want their employer to know until at least an initial match has been made.
2. Head Hunter. Kind of a clearinghouse for coaches and schools that can be regularly updated without contacting hundreds of different ADs and coaches.
3. Initial Negotiations. How much a school may pay and how much a coach is looking for, including other benefits, can be discussed casually without getting together.
4. Deniability. May be the most important. Both sides can say that they never spoke or met.
I guess I still have that bad taste in my mouth after we paid the search firm to hire Tim Duryea. :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:
Didn’t the search firm find Tommy Connor and he balked at 2359?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 9091
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by ViAggie » December 3rd, 2018, 1:07 pm

I didn't see Keegan's "fake news" tweet, does anyone have screen shot? Not on his personal or professional page. Did he delete it?


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
aggiefan444
Posts: 680
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 3:04 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by aggiefan444 » December 3rd, 2018, 1:13 pm

ViAggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 1:07 pm
I didn't see Keegan's "fake news" tweet, does anyone have screen shot? Not on his personal or professional page. Did he delete it?
I seen it yesterday but dont have a screen shot



bluegrouse
Posts: 3211
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 185 times
Been thanked: 490 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by bluegrouse » December 3rd, 2018, 1:20 pm

ViAggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 1:07 pm
I didn't see Keegan's "fake news" tweet, does anyone have screen shot? Not on his personal or professional page. Did he delete it?
I saw it. I believe it said “check your source” or something like that with a hashtag #fakenews. I did not get a screenshot of it.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 9091
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by ViAggie » December 3rd, 2018, 1:26 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 1:20 pm
ViAggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 1:07 pm
I didn't see Keegan's "fake news" tweet, does anyone have screen shot? Not on his personal or professional page. Did he delete it?
I saw it. I believe it said “check your source” or something like that with a hashtag #fakenews. I did not get a screenshot of it.
Gone now.... hmmm


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Notatrueaggie
Posts: 52
Joined: September 4th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by Notatrueaggie » December 3rd, 2018, 1:42 pm

Just another reason why Gary is having a homecoming



Notatrueaggie
Posts: 52
Joined: September 4th, 2018, 3:55 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by Notatrueaggie » December 3rd, 2018, 1:43 pm

He probably told his son, “delete that! I really am going to Utah State”



bluegrouse
Posts: 3211
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 185 times
Been thanked: 490 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by bluegrouse » December 3rd, 2018, 1:59 pm

ViAggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 1:26 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 1:20 pm
ViAggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 1:07 pm
I didn't see Keegan's "fake news" tweet, does anyone have screen shot? Not on his personal or professional page. Did he delete it?
I saw it. I believe it said “check your source” or something like that with a hashtag #fakenews. I did not get a screenshot of it.
Gone now.... hmmm
The Mole People must have gotten to him...



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 9091
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 455 times
Been thanked: 317 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by ViAggie » December 3rd, 2018, 2:21 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 1:59 pm
ViAggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 1:26 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 1:20 pm
ViAggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 1:07 pm
I didn't see Keegan's "fake news" tweet, does anyone have screen shot? Not on his personal or professional page. Did he delete it?
I saw it. I believe it said “check your source” or something like that with a hashtag #fakenews. I did not get a screenshot of it.
Gone now.... hmmm
The Mole People must have gotten to him...
Gary or Keegan?


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

thansen
Posts: 767
Joined: November 16th, 2013, 3:42 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by thansen » December 3rd, 2018, 3:07 pm

2004AG wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 3:40 pm
USUBlue wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 3:24 pm
2004AG wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 3:16 pm
AGNUMPI wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 3:12 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 11:39 am
My source has heard conflicting info. First it was Gary, then Gary was of the list and a national search was started. Now Gary is back on the list but search goes on. Source says expect to hear something later this week.
Well in the article it says the search firm will change directions if word is leaked, so...
I think search firms are stupid. Isn't that what we pay John Hartwell to do?
I have my concerns about them as well, but there are several benefits and given the players may actually be essential:
1. Confidentiality. Most have jobs already and don't want their employer to know until at least an initial match has been made.
2. Head Hunter. Kind of a clearinghouse for coaches and schools that can be regularly updated without contacting hundreds of different ADs and coaches.
3. Initial Negotiations. How much a school may pay and how much a coach is looking for, including other benefits, can be discussed casually without getting together.
4. Deniability. May be the most important. Both sides can say that they never spoke or met.
I guess I still have that bad taste in my mouth after we paid the search firm to hire Tim Duryea. :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall: :bangwall:
Image



AggieFan6
Posts: 1
Joined: September 22nd, 2012, 6:43 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by AggieFan6 » December 3rd, 2018, 3:16 pm

Why is our coaching buyout so low? $800k for Matt Wells -- less than he made per year. Why wasn't it 3mm?



oleblu111
Posts: 1573
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 644 times
Been thanked: 226 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by oleblu111 » December 3rd, 2018, 3:19 pm

He was in the last year of his contract.



donlarson8
Posts: 1645
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Has thanked: 663 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by donlarson8 » December 3rd, 2018, 8:05 pm

ViAggie wrote:I didn't see Keegan's "fake news" tweet, does anyone have screen shot? Not on his personal or professional page. Did he delete it?
Image



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
aggieaz
Posts: 232
Joined: August 3rd, 2012, 11:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by aggieaz » December 3rd, 2018, 8:30 pm

USUBlue wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 12:10 pm
Usu0505 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am
I think we could have waited 10+ days to hire until we started realizing how wide spread the fallout of coaching staff is. The program seems to be barely holding on and we need someone ASAP.
I don’t agree. 10 to 14 days it’s reasonable and necessary to make the right higher. Let Wells take whoever he wants. If someone wants to follow Wells, they will. The new coach will have his own guys that he wants to bring in, and he may keep one or two of the current coaching staff. But that’s for him to decide. Just like Smith brought in his own guys. He didn’t keep any of Duryea’s guys and it’s worked out great.

The recruits that want to play at Utah State will embrace the new staff. The recruits that want to go with Wells will find a reason to do that. Relax! The process is necessary to get the right guy.
I didn't know if I would agree with USUblue on a topic, but it appears we do on this one.



TrueBlueAggie123
Posts: 196
Joined: October 14th, 2013, 5:32 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » December 3rd, 2018, 8:33 pm

Any new updates or rumors today, that are credible? Hope we get something done quick but just want the right guy and I trust Hartwell 100%.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by TheAKAggie » December 3rd, 2018, 8:34 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:Any new updates or rumors today, that are credible? Hope we get something done quick but just want the right guy and I trust Hartwell 100%.
Mike Lynch, OC at Syracuse was seen in New York today.


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
inconspicuous
Posts: 395
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:30 am
Location: SF Bay Area
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by inconspicuous » December 3rd, 2018, 8:53 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:Any new updates or rumors today, that are credible? Hope we get something done quick but just want the right guy and I trust Hartwell 100%.
Mike Lynch, OC at Syracuse was seen in New York today.
Coach Lynch ist awesome. Great guy and not someone I thought was interested but would be a good candidate. AK did I just fall for your sarcasm trap? Rumor is Georgia Tech is interviewing Candidates in NYC during this week as well



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2556
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 245 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 3rd, 2018, 9:01 pm

aggieaz wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 8:30 pm
USUBlue wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 12:10 pm
Usu0505 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am
I think we could have waited 10+ days to hire until we started realizing how wide spread the fallout of coaching staff is. The program seems to be barely holding on and we need someone ASAP.
I don’t agree. 10 to 14 days it’s reasonable and necessary to make the right higher. Let Wells take whoever he wants. If someone wants to follow Wells, they will. The new coach will have his own guys that he wants to bring in, and he may keep one or two of the current coaching staff. But that’s for him to decide. Just like Smith brought in his own guys. He didn’t keep any of Duryea’s guys and it’s worked out great.

The recruits that want to play at Utah State will embrace the new staff. The recruits that want to go with Wells will find a reason to do that. Relax! The process is necessary to get the right guy.
I didn't know if I would agree with USUblue on a topic, but it appears we do on this one.
I never understood the hate for USUblue. Not saying you are part of it, just seen a ton of posters be hard on him in the last year. For the most part he makes smart rational points. You could say he was over the top in his Duryea hate and there are more classy ways to criticize a bad coach. WIth that said USUblue was not wrong. Duryea was a bad coach and Smith is a big improvement. Him being hard on Duryea had the best interests of USU at heart.



bluegrouse
Posts: 3211
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 185 times
Been thanked: 490 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by bluegrouse » December 3rd, 2018, 9:03 pm

inconspicuous wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 8:53 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:Any new updates or rumors today, that are credible? Hope we get something done quick but just want the right guy and I trust Hartwell 100%.
Mike Lynch, OC at Syracuse was seen in New York today.
Coach Lynch ist awesome. Great guy and not someone I thought was interested but would be a good candidate. AK did I just fall for your sarcasm trap? Rumor is Georgia Tech is interviewing Candidates in NYC during this week as well
Syracuse is in NY so.......



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by TheAKAggie » December 3rd, 2018, 9:14 pm

inconspicuous wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:Any new updates or rumors today, that are credible? Hope we get something done quick but just want the right guy and I trust Hartwell 100%.
Mike Lynch, OC at Syracuse was seen in New York today.
Coach Lynch ist awesome. Great guy and not someone I thought was interested but would be a good candidate. AK did I just fall for your sarcasm trap? Rumor is Georgia Tech is interviewing Candidates in NYC during this week as well
Some buddies who play in the DARK DAYS played for him and he is on the their top 5.


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff
Posts: 1947
Joined: January 1st, 1997, 12:00 am
Has thanked: 191 times
Been thanked: 181 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by AggiesForever » December 3rd, 2018, 9:16 pm

National Football Foundation is meeting in New York. John Hartwell said he was going there to meet with, and counsel with individuals he knows (and probably coaching candidates he knows may be there). Nothing like going to New York City to hide out from prying eyes of the local news and social media.



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14445
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 243 times
Been thanked: 572 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by brownjeans » December 3rd, 2018, 9:51 pm

aggieaz wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 8:30 pm
I never understood the hate for USUblue. Not saying you are part of it, just seen a ton of posters be hard on him in the last year. For the most part he makes smart rational points. You could say he was over the top in his Duryea hate and there are more classy ways to criticize a bad coach. WIth that said USUblue was not wrong. Duryea was a bad coach and Smith is a big improvement. Him being hard on Duryea had the best interests of USU at heart.
I've come to respect USUBlue. But I can see why people started hating on him. I mean, USUBlue was right, but the thousands of posts about hiring and having the wrong coach did nothing to expedite a coaching change it just magnified the suffering for us on the message board.

For me it just became white noise. Now that it's over I'm finding that I have to re-condition myself to read his posts.



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by USUBlue » December 3rd, 2018, 10:06 pm

aggieaz wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 8:30 pm
USUBlue wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 12:10 pm
Usu0505 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am
I think we could have waited 10+ days to hire until we started realizing how wide spread the fallout of coaching staff is. The program seems to be barely holding on and we need someone ASAP.
I don’t agree. 10 to 14 days it’s reasonable and necessary to make the right higher. Let Wells take whoever he wants. If someone wants to follow Wells, they will. The new coach will have his own guys that he wants to bring in, and he may keep one or two of the current coaching staff. But that’s for him to decide. Just like Smith brought in his own guys. He didn’t keep any of Duryea’s guys and it’s worked out great.

The recruits that want to play at Utah State will embrace the new staff. The recruits that want to go with Wells will find a reason to do that. Relax! The process is necessary to get the right guy.
I didn't know if I would agree with USUblue on a topic, but it appears we do on this one.
Welcome aboard then! I think you’ll find that my posts are very consistently pro Utah State only. Coaches, players, and administrators are not Utah State. I worry about what’s best for Utah State. And getting the next coaching search correct is what’s best for Utah State. If that means we lose some assistants, players, so be it. They can be replaced, but getting rid of a bad coach takes years
Last edited by USUBlue on December 3rd, 2018, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by USUBlue » December 3rd, 2018, 10:11 pm

brownjeans wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 9:51 pm
aggieaz wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 8:30 pm
I never understood the hate for USUblue. Not saying you are part of it, just seen a ton of posters be hard on him in the last year. For the most part he makes smart rational points. You could say he was over the top in his Duryea hate and there are more classy ways to criticize a bad coach. WIth that said USUblue was not wrong. Duryea was a bad coach and Smith is a big improvement. Him being hard on Duryea had the best interests of USU at heart.
I've come to respect USUBlue. But I can see why people started hating on him. I mean, USUBlue was right, but the thousands of posts about hiring and having the wrong coach did nothing to expedite a coaching change it just magnified the suffering for us on the message board.

For me it just became white noise. Now that it's over I'm finding that I have to re-condition myself to read his posts.
Thanks I think BJ, but I do take exception with one of your comments. All of the noise did cause Duryea to be replaced I believe 1 year sooner. I would be stuck with him again this year if not for a ground swell of disappointment. It has to start somewhere. I’m not the only one that started it, but I take pride in banging on that drum loud enough that some people heard.

Fans matter. The boosters and fans of Utah State are why there is an athletics program. Never forget that. We have power collectively.
Last edited by USUBlue on December 4th, 2018, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
Cheecho6
Posts: 1452
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:43 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by Cheecho6 » December 3rd, 2018, 10:32 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:Any new updates or rumors today, that are credible? Hope we get something done quick but just want the right guy and I trust Hartwell 100%.
This is the freshest take I’ve seen. Obviously no idea on his source but he is a national writer for USA Today.

Image

We will see how it turns out but it looks like this is going to take awhile and unlikely to end in GA coming back.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

User avatar
aggieaz
Posts: 232
Joined: August 3rd, 2012, 11:35 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by aggieaz » December 4th, 2018, 12:05 am

USUBlue wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 10:06 pm
aggieaz wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 8:30 pm
USUBlue wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 12:10 pm
Usu0505 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am
I think we could have waited 10+ days to hire until we started realizing how wide spread the fallout of coaching staff is. The program seems to be barely holding on and we need someone ASAP.

I don’t agree. 10 to 14 days it’s reasonable and necessary to make the right higher. Let Wells take whoever he wants. If someone wants to follow Wells, they will. The new coach will have his own guys that he wants to bring in, and he may keep one or two of the current coaching staff. But that’s for him to decide. Just like Smith brought in his own guys. He didn’t keep any of Duryea’s guys and it’s worked out great.

The recruits that want to play at Utah State will embrace the new staff. The recruits that want to go with Wells will find a reason to do that. Relax! The process is necessary to get the right guy.
I didn't know if I would agree with USUblue on a topic, but it appears we do on this one.
Welcome aboard then! I think you’ll find that my posts are very consistently pro Utah State only. Coaches, players, and administrators are not Utah State. I worry about what’s best for Utah State. And getting the next coaching search correct is what’s best for Utah State. If that means we lose some assistants, players, so be it. They can be replaced, but getting rid of a bad coach takes years
Yes, I am happy to have something in common with you. Here's to Utah State!



User avatar
brownjeans
Flatulent
Posts: 14445
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:21 am
Has thanked: 243 times
Been thanked: 572 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by brownjeans » December 4th, 2018, 12:37 am

USUBlue wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 10:11 pm
brownjeans wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 9:51 pm
aggieaz wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 8:30 pm
I never understood the hate for USUblue. Not saying you are part of it, just seen a ton of posters be hard on him in the last year. For the most part he makes smart rational points. You could say he was over the top in his Duryea hate and there are more classy ways to criticize a bad coach. WIth that said USUblue was not wrong. Duryea was a bad coach and Smith is a big improvement. Him being hard on Duryea had the best interests of USU at heart.
I've come to respect USUBlue. But I can see why people started hating on him. I mean, USUBlue was right, but the thousands of posts about hiring and having the wrong coach did nothing to expedite a coaching change it just magnified the suffering for us on the message board.

For me it just became white noise. Now that it's over I'm finding that I have to re-condition myself to read his posts.
Thanks I think BJ, but I do take exception with one of your comments. All of the noise did cause Duryea to be replaced I believe 1 year sooner. I would be stuck with him again this year if not for a ground swell of disappointment. It has to start somewhere. I’m not the only one that started it, but I take pride in banging on that drum loud enough that some people heard.

Fans matter. The boosters and fans of Utah State are why there is an athletics program. Never forget that. We have power collectively.
I mean no disrespect. And I agree we have power, but I'm jaded I guess because I think our voice isn't as loud as our dollars. Die-hard fans like you can't stand hurting USU by reducing your financial commitment - so you use your voice. I respect that.
But change wasn't going to happen until the die-easy fans took their money away and the finances forced the change. Voices weren't enough. USU made the change when the cost of empty seats hurt more than paying a coach to not coach.



WasatchAggie
Posts: 600
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by WasatchAggie » December 4th, 2018, 6:45 am

Cheecho6 wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 10:32 pm
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:Any new updates or rumors today, that are credible? Hope we get something done quick but just want the right guy and I trust Hartwell 100%.
This is the freshest take I’ve seen. Obviously no idea on his source but he is a national writer for USA Today.

Image

We will see how it turns out but it looks like this is going to take awhile and unlikely to end in GA coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So if this search firm prides itself on no leaks and Hartwell isn’t talking, how does he know? You might as well say the reason Urban Myer just announced he will retire from Ohio State, after the Rose Bowl, is because he wants to come back to Utah and coach the Aggies this time. I guess he could have gone to Gary directly but his post doesn’t seem to indicate that. And no, I’m not saying Gary or Urban are coming. I just think that nobody knows what is going on right now.



BeNo
Posts: 696
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by BeNo » December 4th, 2018, 6:50 am

aggieaz wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:05 am
USUBlue wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 10:06 pm
aggieaz wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 8:30 pm
USUBlue wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 12:10 pm
Usu0505 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am
I think we could have waited 10+ days to hire until we started realizing how wide spread the fallout of coaching staff is. The program seems to be barely holding on and we need someone ASAP.

I don’t agree. 10 to 14 days it’s reasonable and necessary to make the right higher. Let Wells take whoever he wants. If someone wants to follow Wells, they will. The new coach will have his own guys that he wants to bring in, and he may keep one or two of the current coaching staff. But that’s for him to decide. Just like Smith brought in his own guys. He didn’t keep any of Duryea’s guys and it’s worked out great.

The recruits that want to play at Utah State will embrace the new staff. The recruits that want to go with Wells will find a reason to do that. Relax! The process is necessary to get the right guy.
I didn't know if I would agree with USUblue on a topic, but it appears we do on this one.
Welcome aboard then! I think you’ll find that my posts are very consistently pro Utah State only. Coaches, players, and administrators are not Utah State. I worry about what’s best for Utah State. And getting the next coaching search correct is what’s best for Utah State. If that means we lose some assistants, players, so be it. They can be replaced, but getting rid of a bad coach takes years
Yes, I am happy to have something in common with you. Here's to Utah State!

My all time favorite USUBlue post:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44641



USUBlue
13=13
Posts: 4330
Joined: January 10th, 2011, 3:05 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by USUBlue » December 4th, 2018, 7:24 am

BeNo wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 6:50 am
aggieaz wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:05 am
USUBlue wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 10:06 pm

Welcome aboard then! I think you’ll find that my posts are very consistently pro Utah State only. Coaches, players, and administrators are not Utah State. I worry about what’s best for Utah State. And getting the next coaching search correct is what’s best for Utah State. If that means we lose some assistants, players, so be it. They can be replaced, but getting rid of a bad coach takes years
Yes, I am happy to have something in common with you. Here's to Utah State!

My all time favorite USUBlue post:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44641
I liked that thread also. It was nice to be wrong about Wells' prospects last year -- he made a nice turn around and got us back to a 6-7 year. Nothing special, but better than 5-7. Always happy to be wrong if it means USU is doing better.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9575
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4699 times
Been thanked: 2828 times
Contact:

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by aggies22 » December 4th, 2018, 7:32 am

BeNo wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 6:50 am
aggieaz wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:05 am
USUBlue wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 10:06 pm
aggieaz wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 8:30 pm
USUBlue wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 12:10 pm
Usu0505 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am
I think we could have waited 10+ days to hire until we started realizing how wide spread the fallout of coaching staff is. The program seems to be barely holding on and we need someone ASAP.

I don’t agree. 10 to 14 days it’s reasonable and necessary to make the right higher. Let Wells take whoever he wants. If someone wants to follow Wells, they will. The new coach will have his own guys that he wants to bring in, and he may keep one or two of the current coaching staff. But that’s for him to decide. Just like Smith brought in his own guys. He didn’t keep any of Duryea’s guys and it’s worked out great.

The recruits that want to play at Utah State will embrace the new staff. The recruits that want to go with Wells will find a reason to do that. Relax! The process is necessary to get the right guy.
I didn't know if I would agree with USUblue on a topic, but it appears we do on this one.
Welcome aboard then! I think you’ll find that my posts are very consistently pro Utah State only. Coaches, players, and administrators are not Utah State. I worry about what’s best for Utah State. And getting the next coaching search correct is what’s best for Utah State. If that means we lose some assistants, players, so be it. They can be replaced, but getting rid of a bad coach takes years
Yes, I am happy to have something in common with you. Here's to Utah State!

My all time favorite USUBlue post:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44641
I don't really get why this thread was dug up from the past?



BeNo
Posts: 696
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:38 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by BeNo » December 4th, 2018, 7:51 am

aggies22 wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 7:32 am
BeNo wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 6:50 am
aggieaz wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:05 am
USUBlue wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 10:06 pm
aggieaz wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 8:30 pm
USUBlue wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 12:10 pm
Usu0505 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am
I think we could have waited 10+ days to hire until we started realizing how wide spread the fallout of coaching staff is. The program seems to be barely holding on and we need someone ASAP.

I don’t agree. 10 to 14 days it’s reasonable and necessary to make the right higher. Let Wells take whoever he wants. If someone wants to follow Wells, they will. The new coach will have his own guys that he wants to bring in, and he may keep one or two of the current coaching staff. But that’s for him to decide. Just like Smith brought in his own guys. He didn’t keep any of Duryea’s guys and it’s worked out great.

The recruits that want to play at Utah State will embrace the new staff. The recruits that want to go with Wells will find a reason to do that. Relax! The process is necessary to get the right guy.
I didn't know if I would agree with USUblue on a topic, but it appears we do on this one.
Welcome aboard then! I think you’ll find that my posts are very consistently pro Utah State only. Coaches, players, and administrators are not Utah State. I worry about what’s best for Utah State. And getting the next coaching search correct is what’s best for Utah State. If that means we lose some assistants, players, so be it. They can be replaced, but getting rid of a bad coach takes years
Yes, I am happy to have something in common with you. Here's to Utah State!

My all time favorite USUBlue post:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44641
I don't really get why this thread was dug up from the past?
Just ribbing USUBlue. He took it better than you.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 9575
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 4699 times
Been thanked: 2828 times
Contact:

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by aggies22 » December 4th, 2018, 7:53 am

BeNo wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 7:51 am
aggies22 wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 7:32 am
BeNo wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 6:50 am
aggieaz wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 12:05 am
USUBlue wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 10:06 pm
aggieaz wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 8:30 pm
USUBlue wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 12:10 pm
Usu0505 wrote:
December 2nd, 2018, 11:38 am
I think we could have waited 10+ days to hire until we started realizing how wide spread the fallout of coaching staff is. The program seems to be barely holding on and we need someone ASAP.

I don’t agree. 10 to 14 days it’s reasonable and necessary to make the right higher. Let Wells take whoever he wants. If someone wants to follow Wells, they will. The new coach will have his own guys that he wants to bring in, and he may keep one or two of the current coaching staff. But that’s for him to decide. Just like Smith brought in his own guys. He didn’t keep any of Duryea’s guys and it’s worked out great.

The recruits that want to play at Utah State will embrace the new staff. The recruits that want to go with Wells will find a reason to do that. Relax! The process is necessary to get the right guy.
I didn't know if I would agree with USUblue on a topic, but it appears we do on this one.
Welcome aboard then! I think you’ll find that my posts are very consistently pro Utah State only. Coaches, players, and administrators are not Utah State. I worry about what’s best for Utah State. And getting the next coaching search correct is what’s best for Utah State. If that means we lose some assistants, players, so be it. They can be replaced, but getting rid of a bad coach takes years
Yes, I am happy to have something in common with you. Here's to Utah State!

My all time favorite USUBlue post:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=44641
I don't really get why this thread was dug up from the past?
Just ribbing USUBlue. He took it better than you.
That's fine. I was asking a simple question.



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by ChicAggie » December 4th, 2018, 9:25 am

bluegrouse wrote:
December 3rd, 2018, 9:03 pm
Syracuse is in NY so.......
What are you, some sort of geography savant?


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: Here comes Gary

Post by ChicAggie » December 4th, 2018, 9:30 am

WasatchAggie wrote:
December 4th, 2018, 6:45 am
the reason Urban Myer just announced he will retire from Ohio State, after the Rose Bowl, is because he wants to come back to Utah and coach the Aggies this time.
Holy Crap!!! Is this true‽‽‽ This is AMAZING news!!! We're bound for glory!


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

Locked Previous topicNext topic