CFP Rankings

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dogie
Posts: 3073
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 123 times

CFP Rankings

Post by dogie » November 20th, 2018, 5:19 pm

USU moves up to #21.



User avatar
rockandrolle
Posts: 360
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 8:12 am
Location: Florida
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by rockandrolle » November 20th, 2018, 5:23 pm

21. The other Aggies are 22.



FormerlyVegasAggie71
Posts: 220
Joined: April 16th, 2018, 10:05 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by FormerlyVegasAggie71 » November 20th, 2018, 5:24 pm

FWIW, Boise is 23 and UCF is 9.



User avatar
BLUERUFiO
Posts: 2415
Joined: August 30th, 2011, 1:22 pm
Location: Smithfield
Has thanked: 596 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by BLUERUFiO » November 20th, 2018, 5:35 pm

I was worried we wouldn’t move a spot so this was a nice surprise to me.


GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 9426
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 482 times
Been thanked: 345 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by ViAggie » November 20th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Holly shnikes I thought we might drop? 10-1 is 10-1!


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

trombone_ninja
Posts: 1191
Joined: November 24th, 2013, 1:59 pm
Location: Greeley, CO
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 128 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by trombone_ninja » November 20th, 2018, 5:55 pm

ViAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Holly shnikes I thought we might drop? 10-1 is 10-1!
Further proof that nobody on that committee watches our games lol


USUFans’ resident band nerd
Providing useless “insider” info since 2013
Go Aggies!!!

User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2224
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by bigblue » November 20th, 2018, 6:08 pm

trombone_ninja wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Holly shnikes I thought we might drop? 10-1 is 10-1!
Further proof that nobody on that committee watches our games lol
I don't think they even looked at the box score.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

User avatar
dyedblue
Posts: 7942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 4:21 pm
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 459 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by dyedblue » November 20th, 2018, 7:15 pm

CSU isn't a power, but I think most people know who they are


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Blitz79
Posts: 1314
Joined: January 16th, 2011, 8:11 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by Blitz79 » November 20th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Utah plays Ybu this weekend. Who do you want to win? If Utah wins then BYU loses but if Utah loses then we might jump them on the rankings. But then again, BYU wins.



pilotaggie
Posts: 622
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by pilotaggie » November 20th, 2018, 7:44 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 7:32 pm
Utah plays Ybu this weekend. Who do you want to win? If Utah wins then BYU loses but if Utah loses then we might jump them on the rankings. But then again, BYU wins.
Forfeit by both teams as neither shows up for the game due to hangovers from their thanksgiving benders.


This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

User avatar
WAAggie
Posts: 2353
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:02 am
Location: Kent WA
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by WAAggie » November 20th, 2018, 10:41 pm

Also BYU wins,we get another win over a team with a winning record.

Nah, who cares. Cougies, crawl back to Provo 0-8.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



AggieSox
Posts: 988
Joined: August 6th, 2012, 8:43 pm
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by AggieSox » November 20th, 2018, 10:55 pm

After we beat boise. We will jump to 15th in poll then after we beat Fresno we will jump to 11th!! Put it down.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15889
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 446 times
Been thanked: 1059 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 20th, 2018, 11:58 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 7:32 pm
Utah plays Ybu this weekend. Who do you want to win? If Utah wins then BYU loses but if Utah loses then we might jump them on the rankings. But then again, BYU wins.
I'll repeat it again. When in doubt. (and it goes in order)

1- Cheer for the Aggies
2- Cheer for any opponent of BYU
3- Cheer for any opponent of Utah
4- Cheer for any opponent of Boise



Olderthandirt
Posts: 220
Joined: September 1st, 2018, 2:00 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Contact:

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by Olderthandirt » November 21st, 2018, 1:24 am

Go Utes.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 6280
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 293 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by Imakeitrain » November 21st, 2018, 6:25 am

I root for the winning team to look stupid by rushing the field before it’s over.

Dream scenario is one team’s fans rush too early. But then the next play changed the out come, and the other fan base rushes...



WasatchAggie
Posts: 600
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by WasatchAggie » November 21st, 2018, 8:07 am

You guys are forgetting that Ewetah has become the Borg. Tooooo good to play us in football and better than everyone else. because they got a lucky invite to the P10. Regardless of past experiences with yBu, we should always cheer for Utah to lose even in this game - especially as it means we could move up in the CFP rankings.



User avatar
WAaggieFan
Posts: 3200
Joined: June 27th, 2013, 9:02 pm
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by WAaggieFan » November 21st, 2018, 8:15 am

WasatchAggie wrote:You guys are forgetting that Ewetah has become the Borg. Tooooo good to play us in football and better than everyone else. because they got a lucky invite to the P10. Regardless of past experiences with yBu, we should always cheer for Utah to lose even in this game - especially as it means we could move up in the CFP rankings.
Yup


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Coloraggie
Posts: 1562
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:09 am
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by Coloraggie » November 21st, 2018, 8:53 am

What good does it really do us if we pass Utah in the rankings this week? It wont get us a NY6 game, won't get us a conference championship. I have to believe if UCF loses they drop below us regardless and we have Boise and Fresno to win conference, Utah doesn't affect that. BYU losing again we'll always get to keep! Utah will lose in the PAC-12 CCG and another opportunity to lose in their bowl game so we will pass them in the rankings. We want BYU to fall so that we can compete for recruits. Best case scenario for this game is a really ugly game (not just the fans) that Utah wins but looks awful doing so.



WasatchAggie
Posts: 600
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by WasatchAggie » November 21st, 2018, 7:44 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
November 21st, 2018, 8:53 am
What good does it really do us if we pass Utah in the rankings this week? It wont get us a NY6 game, won't get us a conference championship. I have to believe if UCF loses they drop below us regardless and we have Boise and Fresno to win conference, Utah doesn't affect that. BYU losing again we'll always get to keep! Utah will lose in the PAC-12 CCG and another opportunity to lose in their bowl game so we will pass them in the rankings. We want BYU to fall so that we can compete for recruits. Best case scenario for this game is a really ugly game (not just the fans) that Utah wins but looks awful doing so.
Beating BYU who beats Utah allows us to compete against recruits who would consider both schools. In essence, you are saying let’s only compete for Mormon kids. Passing Utah and knocking on the door for NY6 game would be a great recruiting tool and allow us to compete for the best kids we need regardless of demographic. If MW can walk into a recruit’s home and say we beat the Borg and they beat Borg 2.0 and we were ranked ahead of them - wer’re going places. BYU? Not so much. Utah. PAC 12 hasn’t got them anywhere either. I do agree that an ugly game, like the one a few years ago, where Utah beat BYU 3-0 would be perfect.



Chupamedia
Posts: 1254
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by Chupamedia » November 21st, 2018, 8:08 pm

I don’t believe beating a team that beats a team has any bearing on recruiting. Recruits will only see head to heads. I’m cheering for Utah but I attended the U, so I’m first an Aggie, but also cheer for the U. I’ve yet to find a scenario in which I cheer for BYU.



Rabidchild
Posts: 2618
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:22 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by Rabidchild » November 22nd, 2018, 1:29 am

How on earth did this turn into a post discussing Utah vs. BYU? I come back to this board after about a year+ hiatus, with the Aggies in the midst of the best season in most all of our lifetimes, and a post about our national ranking turns into a discussion about who do we want to win between Utah and BYU? Sigh... back to more productive things. Haha.


I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

User avatar
DaKineKane
Posts: 65
Joined: April 23rd, 2016, 7:20 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by DaKineKane » November 23rd, 2018, 8:50 am

Rabidchild wrote:
November 22nd, 2018, 1:29 am
How on earth did this turn into a post discussing Utah vs. BYU? I come back to this board after about a year+ hiatus, with the Aggies in the midst of the best season in most all of our lifetimes, and a post about our national ranking turns into a discussion about who do we want to win between Utah and BYU? Sigh... back to more productive things. Haha.
I know, right? I'm hoping that if we beat Boise that we jump up considerably in the CFP poll. That and winning our bowl game (and possible Conference Championship game) would do wonders to instate recruitment.



User avatar
USU_NoKaOi
Posts: 642
Joined: September 24th, 2011, 9:01 am
Location: Hyrum, Utah
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by USU_NoKaOi » November 23rd, 2018, 8:58 am

I'd be more interested to see if we can get ranked higher than Utah at the end of the season.



aggiesdotcom
Posts: 1773
Joined: January 21st, 2011, 8:56 am
Has thanked: 69 times
Been thanked: 114 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by aggiesdotcom » November 23rd, 2018, 11:18 am

Blitz79 wrote:
November 20th, 2018, 7:32 pm
Utah plays Ybu this weekend. Who do you want to win? If Utah wins then BYU loses but if Utah loses then we might jump them on the rankings. But then again, BYU wins.
This is a win/win for a usu fan. If Utah wins it means BYU finishes with a losing record. If BYU wins, it means we jump Utah in the polls and we get another game on our schedule against an opponent with a winning record who beat the Pac-12 South champion/possible Rose Bowl team.



User avatar
IdaAg93
Posts: 1485
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:30 am
Location: SE Idaho...a perfect distance from the hive.
Has thanked: 346 times
Been thanked: 38 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by IdaAg93 » November 23rd, 2018, 7:07 pm

WasatchAggie wrote:
November 21st, 2018, 8:07 am
You guys are forgetting that Ewetah has become the Borg. Tooooo good to play us in football and better than everyone else. because they got a lucky invite to the P10. Regardless of past experiences with yBu, we should always cheer for Utah to lose even in this game - especially as it means we could move up in the CFP rankings.
Amen brother. Well said.



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 574
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: CFP Rankings

Post by JFW_AGGIES » November 23rd, 2018, 8:34 pm

WasatchAggie wrote:
November 21st, 2018, 7:44 pm
Coloraggie wrote:
November 21st, 2018, 8:53 am
What good does it really do us if we pass Utah in the rankings this week? It wont get us a NY6 game, won't get us a conference championship. I have to believe if UCF loses they drop below us regardless and we have Boise and Fresno to win conference, Utah doesn't affect that. BYU losing again we'll always get to keep! Utah will lose in the PAC-12 CCG and another opportunity to lose in their bowl game so we will pass them in the rankings. We want BYU to fall so that we can compete for recruits. Best case scenario for this game is a really ugly game (not just the fans) that Utah wins but looks awful doing so.
Beating BYU who beats Utah allows us to compete against recruits who would consider both schools. In essence, you are saying let’s only compete for Mormon kids. Passing Utah and knocking on the door for NY6 game would be a great recruiting tool and allow us to compete for the best kids we need regardless of demographic. If MW can walk into a recruit’s home and say we beat the Borg and they beat Borg 2.0 and we were ranked ahead of them - wer’re going places. BYU? Not so much. Utah. PAC 12 hasn’t got them anywhere either. I do agree that an ugly game, like the one a few years ago, where Utah beat BYU 3-0 would be perfect.
we're not competing with Utah for recruits, Byu we are. So the longer the Y is down the better. The tide is starting to turn, most kids now days have never seen the Y of the 80's and 90's. Just look at their recruiting the last few yrs very little skilled talent.



Locked Previous topicNext topic